The Babymakers #5

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #5

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Cara - LOl about your MIL - I know exactly where you're coming from!! You're the mom - so 'whatever' to what anyone else thinks! Hope dss had a good birthday and Archer sleeps better again.

Claire - your day sounded so good - chocolate milk, chocolate, pancakes, slow-cooked beef lol! Can't tell I'm a foodie at all, can you?! Hope you and DP are doing well - it sounds like things are better than they were. Very thoughtful of him to come home with sweets for the pregnant lady!

Krissy - that sucks that Kyle is still crying when you leave him off on your way to work. I can understand how bad you feel - but at the same time if your boss is great then why feel pressured into changing work?

Eli has started throwing some tantrums already :roll: He's started arching his back and crying when he's put in the highchair, when BF if I'm not ready fast enough (lol), on the changing table (sometimes). Today I was feeding him some pureed sweet potato and broccoli - I sensed he'd had enough (he still prefers sweet food) so I got some pureed fruit and put it on the spoon. But before he tasted it he started crying and arching his back in the chair. I put some of the fruit puree in his mouth while he was doing this as he wouldn't take the spoon he was crying so much and hey presto, all of a sudden he stopped when he realised it was sweet food. It was SO funny!! I never realised they could start having tantrums so young... Think I'm going to have a bit of a challenge on my hands lol!

Does anyone else have a baby who has tantrums like that?!
Hope everyone is having a good week so far. DH is off work this week but we're just having time at home. May go see a movie tomorrow night if my mum will babysit. Otherwise no great plans...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:36 pm

Hi Rachel!!! Yes Archer throws tantrums and everything thinks I'm lying but I swear he does! He arches his back throws his head back and flails his arms! He did it at the grocery store the other day. He was talking to the lady in line behind us so I took his pacifier from him so he could smile and talk to her and he threw down! Finally he stopped when...guess what, he got his pacifier back! He is such a mess! Today we went to the doctor because archer has a yeast rash on his pp :( they gave me some nystatin cream and sent us on our way. Archer has gained 10 ounces in 3 weeks so now he weighs 15 lbs 4 ozs at almost 7 months. I feel like Archer may get a tooth soon because he is hands in his mouth and started like chewing on my nipple while nursing(ouch)! Also the other day for dss bday we went to the movies to see fast and the furious 6 and archer did amazing! He watched the movie for about 40 minutes when went to sleep in daddy's arms. He was such a good boy. Anyway, that's about all for the week. Nothing really exciting going on. We do have a tropical storm on top of us now so our boating plans might need to be rescheduled :(

Come back ladies !
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:03 pm

I'm here :)

Hope the storm isn't too bad cara. Stay safe.

Charley honestly doesn't have tantrums yet, thank goodness. Dealing with dps tantrums is enough for me lol. Hope bub 2 has my patience like charley does and not dps temper.
... Maybe it's a boy thing.. ? :p

Rach if u like ur food you'd love the dinner we had at the restaurant last week, I'll have to look it up, each course had a fancy pants name.. The only thing I cared about was it was yummy! Lol.
And I ate things I shouldn't have, but I figure I deserves to spoil myself and indulge, plus I'm more of an 'anything in moderation and prepared well' kind of pregnancy eater. So air dried salmon, oysters, medium cooked Wagu and a glass of wine it was :)

Krissy sorry I can't remember what u said in ur post last, and I'm
On my phone which doesn't want to show me the review at the moment. Hope
All Is well with u and bub tho.

Afm currently sitting in the hair salon :)
Getting the works done to this mess I call hair lol
Cut, colour, highlights... Natural products of course and I waited til second trimester to be safe(er) and to be able to sit in a salon and not throw up lol
But I need an ego boost and something to make me feel good so it was time for some well overdue pampering! :)
Who knows, maybe DP will notice lol :)

Things with us are still up and down, I do admit I'm being a bit sensitive lately, damn hormones. But he is also being rather unsupportive lately.
We are ok at the moment but if he steps out again I'll be telling him
He needs to decide if he wants to be part of this family and if he does it's time to act like it.
So anyway that's my plan of attack. Long weekend this weekend and I'll be having lunch out with my sis, and bubs, and unfortunately I think her bf is coming.. Would be nice to just have a catch up
With my sis, she's had problems with her bf lately, similar behavior to DP, but sadly my sis still doesn't like going anywhere without him..

Anywhoo that's my up n down life for the moment, gtg time
To Wash this color out

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:32 am

Claire - how's your hair? Nothing beats a visit to the hairdresser to make you feel better. I remember when I first went after having Eli - it was bliss! Hope things are going ok with DP today. Sounds like a good plan you have if he steps out of line. Hope the visit from your sister and boyfriend went ok...

Cara - I'm SO glad to hear that it's not just Eli who throws tantrums lol! We're not having a very good day today - I think he's teething again. He was really difficult to feed lunch today, really super-grumpy and he woke up from his afternoon nap screaming - and I mean really shrieking 8O Even after some milk he was pretty grumpy so now he's in front of the TV in his jumperoo while I get his dinner ready. I'd better make it something sweet or I think there'll be trouble!!

Krissy - how's your weekend going? Hope you can check in soon...

AFM - I'm still not sleeping well despite the fact Eli is sleeping. It's definitely worse the nights I have any alcohol - I just wake up loads and find it hard to get back to sleep. Tomorrow I have lunch with the inlaws - but I don't think I'm going to take Eli because it's right in the middle of his nap-time and he won't sleep when we're out and he'll be super-grumpy/screaming (even worse than I was anticipating if today is anything to go by). So I think I'll leave him at home and see if my mum will babysit for a couple of hours. Either that or I won't be able to go to lunch. No doubt DH's parents will be pissed that Eli's not there but they're so inflexible, they want to organise things weeks and weeks in advance when I have no idea what his sleep pattern is going to be like - so if they say anything I'll be saying we need to organise things closer to the time in order to know when is reasonable to meet. Anyway, enough about them... hope you ladies are all having a good weekend. We have great weather here for once - woohoo!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Charley n I are sick :(
There's a horrid cold/flu going around town and my father came to visit us last week, then mentioned after breathing all over us that he was sick!
Charley's snotty, clingy and unsettled and I'm worse, my throat I'd killing me, got a cough and can hardly breathe, my nose is so gunked up its beyond a joke and my head is so stuffy I feel dizzy.. Long story short, not a fun weekend. Aside from taking care of charley I'm staying in bed watching movies. Frustrating cos I really wanted to catch up on housework and also have some fun this weekend, but resting is good too, and about all I feel upto now I'm sick.
My Sis n her bf cancelled lunch because they are sick too, seems our father is a very sharing guy.

My hair is nice for the most part, but I had a minor reaction to the dye, which made my head really sensitive and then the trainee scratched my head rinsing it out, so the toner burnt my head and they couldn't do it properly, and what they did instead left GREY bits! ... Didn't exactly want to come out grey! They gave me some stuff to use at home and they'll try to fix it in a week if I'm still not happy. Most people haven't noticed the grey bits but I notice n it's bugging me lol. So not exactly the feel good operation it was supposed to be. Lol. I'd love it if it wasn't for the grey though.

DP upset me again last night so I followed my plan and he broke down, burst into tears and assured me he does still want to be part of this family. Apparently it hurt him that I thought he didn't want to be part of our family and I pointed out that that was how he'd made me feel a lot lately. He didn't like that but he needed to truely understand. I think he finally does.
DP is depressed, I have no doubt about it. His meds are for his ADHD but he clearly needs help for his depression too. Hoping I can convince him to see someone about it now.

Since our talk he's already been more helpful with charley, he stayed up with her for hours last night when she wouldn't settle, then brought me breakfast in bed before falling asleep himself.

Rach - hope ur mum can watch Eli while u go to see the
In laws. Bet they'd love that lol but serves them right!
Hope Eli settles for you soon, and you both get into a good sleep routine.. Nothing worse then a tired grumpy bub when ur a tired mumma.

Anyway it's lunch time here now so with any luck I'll get charley down for a nap soon and have a nap myself. Fingers crossed DP wakes up before charley wakes from her nap, then he can take the next awake shift, this being sick is really taking it out of me.. And my Sis has had it for weeks, is on cold n flu meds, panadol and antibiotics and still feeling no better.. All I can do is wait it out... Someone needs to come up with pregnancy safe cold n flu medication!
Ok, enough complaining from me, going to go get this babe to nap

Hope your all having a better weekend then me :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Oh Claire - your post made me laugh so much! The comment about your dad being a sharing guy...and then your hair - it sounded like a comical trip to the hairdresser - not at all what you wanted! On top of everything you are ill... Hope you feel better soon.

I'm glad your talk seemed to help DP - hopefully he'll be a bit more aware of how he's acting now and get some help as you say.

Right - I'd better run as Eli is waking up - talk later
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Where is everyone? *sigh*
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:25 pm

I'm here just sick, and working now too :(

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:39 am

Yuck Claire - hope you feel better soon and hope work is easy too!

I've just been chatting with my mum (she's been a primary school teacher for years so really interested in early child development etc.) - we've been talking because the tantrums are becoming more often! Last night he was absolutely shrieking on the changing table when I was getting him ready for bed. He cried so much he could hardly have any milk before bed - he was crying in between drinking. At first I thought maybe he got shampoo in his eyes during his bath (because he started crying then), but then this morning he started screaming again and arching his back on the changing table - so I think last night was a tantrum after all. He also cried this morning when I changed the channel on the TV from mickey mouse! I'm thinking we're going to have a challenge on our hands with this one... :doh: It's kinda funny when he does the whole tantrum thing but equally I'm trying to work out how best to deal with it seeing as he's so young. I think I need to start saying no - and thankfully distracting him is still working for now...

Anyhow, just rambling on... hope everyone else is having a reasonable week
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am

Charley does occasionally arch her back and cry but it's generally only at bed time and is always fixable with a quick cuddle and a pat on the back. 99.5% of the time she needs to burp or spew and then settles so it more of an upset/ discomfort thing then a behavioral thing.
Hope little Mr learns fast that he can't always have it his way. Must be so hard for you. :hugs:
Charley knows the word 'No', Infact she said it to me the other night lol
She's a cheeky monkey, she looks right at you when u tell her 'no' and then she'll try at least once more, just incase we didn't really mean it lol

I'm still sick :( I feel terrible.. Survived work but tomorrow is going to be insane.. 12 operations and a full day of clients coming and going.. The vets are already stressing about cage space, this arvo they started asking sarcastically where they are expecting us to put the animals tomorrow, I just walked out and said I'll deal with it in the morning.

Had a frustrating day. A woman called asking for help with her dog as she couldn't afford a vet bill and the dog needed urgent care, so I arranged help for her, all she had to worry about was getting the dog in to the clinic ASAP. She told me she understood and was coming in.. 2 hrs later still no lady and her dog, I called her and she said she had decided to just see how the dog went at home! ... The dog needed a vet, it was life or death! I couldn't convince her to come in so I had a vet call her.. Still no luck, so we contacted the local inspectors and they called and offered help, she still declined so they threatened to charge her with neglect if she didn't get the dog seen to ASAP ( she was quite happy to let it die a slow painful death at home rather then bring it to the clinic!!) once they mentioned charging her she came in but she complained every step of the way! Even when we gave her dog $300+ of treatment and meds and let her walk out without paying a cent, she couldn't even manage a smile or a thank you!!!
She had 2 young kids with her too, what a great example some people are for their kids.... Sigh...

Just to top it off I had bitchy comments from staff in another section, because I didn't tell them they had animals to collect.. Why didn't I tell them? Brcause I didn't know myself! No one told me they were there and I can't see that area from my desk! ...Sigh... But according to them I should drop what I'm doing and check what's waiting for them!.... Sigh...

So after that, when the vets started complaining about space for tomorrows patients I just left.

Anyway enough ranting, time to feed pets, and get some sleep.
Really should wash my hair but I'm too exhausted. Plus I have to clean the bathroom first cos my little 20 yr old terrier is living in there for his last few weeks on earth, and he's a tad incontinent lol poor old fella.

Ok
Now I'm rambling lol
Talk soon.

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby carak21 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:16 am

Sorry to be Mia ladies! I've just been working and spending time with dh and DS and dss lol. I love summer time so I've been spending a lot of time at the lake and river. We have this nice area called blue springs recreational area and it's a water hole and they have concessions and a sand area. Then they have pavilions and a kiddie play area. It's very nice so I've been going there a lot after work. The water is absolutely freezing but the kids don't seem to mind. I cannot believe my baby will be 7 months old tomorrow! Yikes time has certainly went fast. He started sitting up two weeks ago and now he is going from laying down to sitting up all in a day! Amazing how fast they start doig things. He is so close to crawling its not even funny! The other day I left him in the living room while I was making dinner, I turned around and he had followed me in there! Crazy boy.

Rachel-sorry Eli's tantrums are getting the best f you. I would definitely introduce no! He has to learn that's not acceptable behavior when he doesn't get his way. Archer is doing the same thing lately. I tell him no and just kind of let the tantrum get over before I proceed to do anything else with him. I hope it's just a phase with these little guys!

Claire-sorry you are sick and you had a long day at wok. Hope today is better for you! How is DP? And charley

Krissy-now your the missing one!!!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:30 am

Cara - its amazing how quickly new skills develop :) bubs are so darn clever!
Charley talks n babbles so much now, I've had actual conversations with her! And other people can hear and understand her too! So it's not just my being a crazed mumma making it up, she really does talk! :) and it makes sense and is usually relevant to what u say to her first.. It's incredible :)
She's getting good at unassisted standing too, but only when she's concentrating on something else lol like if she's standing holding the coffee table and then picks up my phone, she'll let go of the table and stand there playin with the phone until she realizes she's not holding on lol then she wobbles and uses a hand to hold the table for balance again. So darn cute!
I'm super jealous of the weather ur having! It's winter on my side of the world and it's frosty mornings and chilling wind, overcast and rain filled days. Not to mention its dark by the time I get off work, so even if I had the energy there's not much to do after work.

Work was nuts again today.. So draining.. The dumb lady with the poisoned dog came in with the packet of poison, the vets needed it to be sure what the poison was, and turns out she needs 2weeks more medication then initially given. And we need to check the dog again in 3-4 weeks.. Well that went down a treat with her didn't it, lol, she went off her head screaming at the vet and accusing us of just tryin to get more money out of her.. Mind u we have only gotten $5 out of her and agreed she can pay $5 a week.. Sigh.. Some people!!

I managed to upset DP tonight.. I didn't mean to but he expects me to be a mind reader. I asked him to feed the ferrets, and he said he couldn't b bothered, so I got upset and told him if he doesn't feed them, they'll die.
Stupid me forgot how hurt he was when his fav ferret died.
He told me after he got upset that the reason he didn't want to feed them was he is afraid he will find his other fav dead. I explained to him that I didn't want to hurt him with my comment, I just wanted him to understand he needs to help with our pets/ family, and that he had hurt me by making me think he just 'couldn't be bothered' helping when I'd asked... Sigh.. Seems DP is more sensitive then id thought at the moment. He's gone out for a drive to cool off now, he's the type that needs space/ time to get over things when he's hurting. I'm just trying to relax and unwind in bed watching tv til he comes home. Hope he's not out too late, I need to get up early and wash my hair, still too lazy to do it tonight lol

On another note, pretty sure I found beans hb on my Doppler last night :) first time I've tried. I've been really bad at booking and attending appointments this pregnancy tho.. Need to get in to my doc either this week or next at the latest, still haven't officially had my appt after my 12 week scan.. Oops.. Lol I'm terrible, I know about ultrasounds and nt measurements etc and it all looked fine to me so I have been slack. Think I'll call tomorrow if I get a break, and at least book an appointment time!
I need a letter from my doc stating that I am pg for my housing application anyway.

I'll update on the housing situation next time, trying not to stress about it but it's making life hard.
Anyway not going to think about that tonight, just relaxing and hoping DP comes home safe n calm soon

Krissy - where r you ? Hope everything's ok..

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:29 am

Well I just thought I'd check to see if anyone had posted - and there are 3 posts since I was last notified :D

Krissy - where are you? We miss you! Hope everything is ok...

Claire - wow - can't believe your terrier is 20 years old!! Sorry you upset DP but I think you were right to let him know that he has to take some responsibility and be an active part of your family - everything can't be down to you. Hopefully the drive helped him cool off a bit. Wow, that woman at work with the sick dog sounds like a total nightmare. I see people like that all the time because of the work I do - and what a pain in the ass - they think everything is everyone else's fault and never take any responsibility for their own actions! Poor dog - that's who I feel sorry for (and also you guys who have to deal with her nonsense).

Cara - thanks for the advice about tantrums - I've been saying "no" a lot lately lol! Not looking forward to when he can say it back to me though!! That's crazy that Archer will be crawling soon. Once he does that you'll be busy keeping an eye on him at all times! I don't think Eli is going to crawl - he's made no attempt to - but we'll see. How's Archer in the jumperoo? Eli really jumps ALL the time now. He didn't seem to work out how to do that until a few weeks ago - now there's no stopping him. Tires them out which is good too. How's Archer going with solids?

AFM - feeling a bit down today. I'm very bored on mat leave, and I know I shouldn't complain because lots of people would love to be able to take more time off - but I'm stressing about money as I don't have any at the moment! I'm tempted to go back to work early but seeing as I don't have any plans to have any more kids, I figure I should make the most of having time off - I'll never get this chance again. And I'm sure the next few months will go fast enough. Just thinking out-loud here...

Anyway, DH is on the phone to his parents as I type :roll: Saw them at the weekend and SIL was appropriately rude to them which I just find funny now, as they are SO annoying. I think they get worse as they get older. Think I'll try to meet up with SIL to see how she has survived them all these years lol! Hope everyone is doing good...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi girls!

Krissy- Helloooooo come back!!!

Claire-sorry to hear you upset DP but I'm happy you told him how he made you feel. It takes two to be a family :) what a rotten women to think she deserves free care after her poor dog has been poisoned! People these days are nutso! I guess the reason your so slack on appointments is because you are so terribly busy! It won't be long until you get a gender scan :) can't wait to find out what your baking in there. By the way we need an updated belly shot! What is your dd again?

Rachel -I'm sorry your having a bad day! I understand about wanting to go back to work but wanting to make the most of mat leave. Me 3 months staying home was enough! I get way too bored to stay home and I like my money too much. Now I am quitting work I told dh I still need a paycheck every month. U could not be without money, I spend too much. I love to shop for everyone and I get a bunch of groceries weekly. I know I need to slow down on the shopping too though. Eli may not crawl, he may walk first! Archer loves his tummy time. That's how he has learned to do so much because he likes to be on the floor. He likes his jumperoo more now than before but he's not big into jumping. As for solids. I tried the jarred baby food and genus not a big fan so we are basically doing baby led weaning although most I the time I make his food very small rather than big chunks. He has ate pretty much everything we eat. I still give him the occasional fruits for breakfast but mostly he gets eggs or grits or cream of wheat. Then lunch is often a veggie. Lastly for dinner he eats what I cook. Last night it was spaghetti, green beans, and garlic biscuits. I just chopped it all up very small except the biscuits and fed him with a spoon.

Me archer and dss spent the day at blue springs! Lord it was hot! We played in the freezing water, park, and on a sheet in the sand. It was a pretty good day. I've gotten so lazy at work because I'm leaving I just don't have the energy to put up with people. I'm not not doinAg my job it's just taking me longer to donut because u don't want too. This morning I was about 20 minutes late because I didn't want to get out of bed. Ugh I have to get better!!! Anyway, time to put archer down for bed and get me something to eat. Have a nice night ladies :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carak21 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:42 pm

Just popping in to say...Archers first tooth popped out today!!! I was so excited I just kept smiling and telling him how happy I was :) I guess the amber necklace worked well because he hasn't been feeling bad or acting differently. Such a happy mama tonight.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups