The Babymakers #5

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #5

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:30 am

Yay for Archer's first tooth! He has beaten Eli to it!!

I loved your comment in the previous post about loving your money and shopping too much - I think we're very similar! Have a good weekend x
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Yay for happy teething Archer!

Afm cleaning like crazy this weekend. Probably classed as nesting lol.
I'm even treating and deep cleaning my carpets. Lol.
Cleaned the whole kitchen yesterday, did a few loads of washing/ drying, sorted the clean clothes, scrubbed the bathroom, cleaned the fridge, deodorized the house, and then cooked a big dinner of tuna, pasta and veg.
After dinner vaccumed the carpets again and had a nice long hot shower, curled up in bed with a hot chocolate and went to sleep :)
Unfortunately Charley woke up a few times last night, she wasn't feeling well. Gave her some panadol at 5:30 this morning and she power spewed it all over herself, her bedding, the floor and my legs.. Lol.. So we had to change everything, in the dark, at almost 6am. Gave her a bottle of water and more panadol and she slept again til 8:45

Sore and tired today but I plan on redoing the carpets, bleaching the bathroom/ toilet, more washing, tidying Charley's room and hosing the ferret cage.
Then ending the day with a hot shower and snuggling into a warm bed :)

Hope your all having a good weekend.
And Krissy, hope everything is ok and u haven't left us.. :?

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:56 am

How is everyone?

Claire - I hope Charley is feeling better now - sounds like you both had a rough night a few nights ago

Krissy - I'm starting to worry now about you. Hope everything is ok and you can come back to us soon

Cara - how's your week going and how's Archer?

AFM - spent some of today trying to organise all my paperwork. Got a new filing cabinet and I have so much stuff lying around that needs sorted. Bills, bills and more bills, bank account statements, household things etc. I know I'll feel so much better once it's done - but it's going to take a while! Anyway, made a start on it today. Also managed to change the blinds in Eli's room to make them blackout. We'll see if it makes any difference. Oh and did I say that we had a professional photo shoot with our dog last week? Well I got the proofs through today and they're great - it's going to give me a headache trying to choose what to go for! So excited to see them though. She's gonna be 5 tomorrow :D I didn't think we'd see this age with her health issues but she's doing good at the moment - so I'm one happy mama! Anyway, just checking in... Hope everyone is ok
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:40 am

Aww fur baby piccys :) love it!
My little terrier is going to heaven on Friday, it's sad, but the little fella has had a good life. We got him at 7yrs old, he had been hit by a car and was super lucky to survive, he was taken to the vet where my mum worked and he fell in love with her. No one claimed him and he was microchipped to his breeder on the other side of the country. He was their retired stud dog that they had rehomed years earlier, so he'd had his share of naughty doggy fun lol
Mum kept him and he's been part of our family ever since. I'll miss the little guy, and no doubt I'll bawl my eyes out on Friday, but it's time.. He's wetting the bed, sleeping all day, cold all the time and so senile he thinks he's stuck when he walks into the corner of a room. Poor little guy.

Charley n I are good, she's still a little snotty but getting better. She's been clingy the last few days but she's so happy as long as she has someone's attention she's fine, it's hard to leave her though, when she's reaching out crying.. She woke the other night at 5am and just wanted hugs. It was so sweet, but I was so tired and she won't sleep if I take her to my bed these days, which is kind of good, she's happier in her own bed, but nights like that I do wish I could just snuggle into my bed with her.

My housing group is reviewing my application to stay in the house at the moment, horrible timing as I'm about to get my gov assistance payments cut off and owe them and the tax office a fortune.. But they review based on the past 6 months.. So I may be battling to keep our home and expected to pay a huge, unadfordable amount of rent.. Another drama is that they don't know that DP lives here and my sister doesn't.. The application always relied on the fact it was me n my sis here, my sis will still tell them she lives here, but then they take her income into consideration and that might hinder my application and will definately increase the rent.. If I tell them that DP is unemployed and lives here, but my Sis does not, it will drop the rent but may also make me intelligible for the house.. I'm so torn as to what to do at the moment, the fact that I'm pregnant again doesn't mean anything to them until bub is born., I'm fairly sure if it's me, charley, DP and bub that I will be eligible to keep the home, but I'm not sure if the pregnancy counts.. Was hoping this review wouldn't come up til bub was born but of course all my stresses have to come at once!

Anyway I'll leave it there cos I'm rambling and it's stressing me out thinking about it all..

Hope your all better and less stressed then I am.

In good news though, I should have my drivers license, finally, in a months time :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:41 am

And ive got a doc appt on Monday lol finally
Then I can book my gender scan :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:35 am

Hi ladies….I am here!!!!!! Sorry!!!! I’ve had a tough couple of weeks – so sorry I haven’t been around but Claire I haven’t left you!!!!

I am not sure if I will be able to catch up on everything I missed, but I will try!!!

Claire: Yay for booking appointment and wow almost time for a gender scan!!!!! I just can’t believe it!!! I can’t wait to see some u/s pics!!!! Sorry about the fur baby! How sad…..its always hard losing a loved pet! Sorry about the news on your home!!! That is a hard decision! I am not sure what I would do in your situation I guess though I would lean toward telling them that DP is there and not your sis because of the rent but yet if that means you won’t be able to keep your home then that’s not good…wow what a situation!!! I can tell you in the US a pregnancy counts – so if in the US you would be a family of 4 (DP, you, Charley, baby – even though baby is not here……) but of course not sure how it is where you are…..YAY on your drivers license! That’s exciting! Lots of news from you in 1 update Claire!!! And I hope you are Charley are on the mend soon!

Rachel: I am sorry – I did not mean to worry anyone!! But its nice to know that you were thinking of us! Sounds like your pictures were great!!! How wonderful!

Cara: YAY Archer!!!!! A tooth!!!!! Guess what:

Popped 2 bottom teeth on Sunday June 9th!!!!

I know I have missed a lot and I'm sorry ......... I have a few more pics of Kyle to share and will post them on the babies of the babymakers thread!

Sorry again to worry anyone - I should be around again more now.....thanks for thinking of us!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:44 am

Having trouble posting anymore pics :-? not sure why the first 2 were fine.........so only 1 pic in the babies of the babymakers but will try to add more later.....

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:14 am

Good to hear from you finally Krissy! We were all worried but glad everything is fine :). Yay Kyle for popping those two teeth!! I bet he is feeling much better now! I totally did not expect Archer to get one so soon! I wish I could get a picture but he will not let me in his mouth lol! Are you still pumping? If so I praise you girl! I have come to hate pumping and I'm 7 months in. I think when work is done in August I'm just going to continue my midnight pump because I give donor milk but drop my daytime pump because archer will be with me all the time!

Rachel-yay for family pictures with your pup. I'd love to see them :) I bet they are wonderful!! My puppy, a peek-a-poo will be 5 on July 14th. I couldn't believe she's already getting so old! In glad she's made it so long. How is she with Eli?

Claire-wow so much going on! I cannot believe its gender scan time already!! Do you have a feeling one way or the other? I think with my next baby I am going to be team green. Just because I don't want the gender disappointment even though I know I would be happy with either. I think with the housing situation I would inform them of the change, you could face fraudulent charges by lying on a government setting. Or at least in the us you would. A change of anything should always be reported, they need to understand that it is your family now. Maybe just put down that DP does community service. I'm sorry to hear about your pup but it's always easier when you know they wot be in any pain any longer. Glad to hear charley is doig so well! I can't wait to hear when she starts walking.

Afm- ugh Arch slept horrible last night. Our central ac has been acting up so we bought a portable ac unit and put it in the bedroom so archer has been sleeping in the pack n play. Soo last night we moved him back to the crib since our ac is fixed and I guess thatessed him up :-/ oh well hopefully tonight will be better. I had to send Casey in there last night because I got aggravated with him :(. He just was flipping and sitting up and trying to crawl and oh he was just crazy. Yesterday he threw a temper tantrum and hit his head on the counter. This child is going to be the death of me lol. My FIL is going to come down while I'm on vacation so we can do some things together and so he can meet Archer. Work has been pretty decent lately I'm just ready to be done with it. Summer cannot end soon enough. I think me and Casey will start ttc in November after his hunting trip and my Disney trip, and Archer will be 1then. I don't want to be pregnant in case my milk dries up. Anyway, enough rambling. I hope everyone has a happy hump day!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:45 am

Ok more pics in the babies thread!!!!!!!

Cara: Sorry for worrying you and everyone else!!!!! Yes I am still pumping! 9.5 months in I can't believe it!!! And he hasn't nursed in sooooooooo long so its been 100% pumping for most of that time.....Yay for TTC later in the year!!!!! How exciting!! How many kids do you want to have? Kyle can't quite get himself to a seated position yet....he's close and can do it if he uses my leg :D lol he did that this weekend but if he's on the floor alone he can't do it but he's good about sitting if I sit him up and can get himself down by himself though. And not quite crawling still "scooting" or "army crawling" yet but he'll get there!! Wanting to pull himself up to stand though! but only on me......lol that boy!!!
Sounds like Archer is gonna have quite the attitude!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:15 am

It's been so long since anyone has posted :( so sad!!

Rachel-how are you?

Claire- you?

Krissy-? So happy to hear Kyle is being such a big boy!!! I'm so proud of him!!

Update on us-archer was sick last week with a yucky summer cold. Luckily he is better but it was quite funny because he was horse for a few days and you could barely hear him cry. He now weighs 15 lbs 12 ozs so he's getting big fast! He just started crawling yesterday, like something snapped and he figured out the hand and leg motion. He hates jarred baby food so I just feed him whatever we eat. I just chop everything up real small an he pretty much feed himself. My birthday is this Saturday and I'll be 27 :) I'm not mentioning it to dh because he is super stressed about a trial coming up so I don't know of we will do anything. I bought this new awesome dress just for my bday but well see. I guess birthdays aren't really celebrates anymore once you become a mommy. Speaking of birthdays I've been planning archers for quite some time. Anyone have any idea of what they will be doing? We're going to Disney world and then we wil have a pirate party at the house and rent a Bounce house for the kids :) I'm excited!! Anyway I hope everyone is ok and having a good week!! Posting some new pics in baby thread, it's been awhile!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Cara: Nice to hear from you! I was actually getting on to say....I come back and everyone else leaves!!!!
Happy early birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry Archer was sick but glad he is feeling better! He weighs more than Kyle now! Great job!!!!!!!!!! Kyle is just starting to "crawl" he has been army crawling/scooting for quite awhile but hasn't figured out how to hand and knees crawl lol! He'll do it for a foot or two then plop right on his belly lol! BUT BUT BUT !!! He pulled himself up on the couch this past Sunday!!! I had to kind of "coax" him but he did it!!! And laugh OMG did he laugh while he was doing it! So funny.......Kyle is also eating more "table" food - for dinner he almost always eats what I do....he is not too fond of fruits yet - so breakfast is sometimes a jar of fruit mixed with oatmeal...but he likes eggs, toast and "regular" oatmeal but during the week I don't always have time to make him something - plus the stinker wants to be in his high chair eating within 30 seconds of getting out of his crib lol!
I have also started planning Kyle's birthday party - we will be renting a room at a nice hotel in our area and having it there - we can have people in the room (its like a suite - 2 bedrooms - kitchen - living room) and all the kids (cousins) can go swimming - then we will stay the night :D my cousin from out of town may come for the weekend also and stay in the same hotel (he has an older boy who is 9 and then he and his wife had a baby in December - so Frankie and the older boy are friends :D ) I am not sure about Kyle's actual birthday since it is the day after Labor Day this year - I am already off work for labor day so not sure if my boss would let me take the next day off as well.......
Frankie's birthday is in a few weeks so I am planning that also!!! Busy busy!

Hope everyone is well........miss talking...................

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi Ladies,
I'm still here and reading but just been super busy with other things - and now that I think about it, I'm not sure what lol!

That's exciting about Kyle pulling himself up to stand, Krissy! I'm still waiting on Eli doing that - but I'm getting the impression he's a bit lazy and would prefer me to do the work for him. WE got him one of those cart things with wooden blocks to push around once he's able to support himself. Not sure when he'll be using it though.

That's nice to read about Archer eating what you eat Cara. Does he make a funny face when he tries something new?! Eli will guaranteed never eat a new food the first time he sees it - but second time he's usually ok. I have him able to eat omelette and pancake and a bit of apple, yogurt drops and biscuits - oh and lamb burgers that I made! Going to try some other meats later this week.

Claire - how are you doing? Any update about your housing situation?

Sorry I'm going to have to rush off as just realised it's breakfast time and I need to make Eli another omelette!!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Krissy-yay for Kyle pulling up!! He's getting to be such a big boy :) archer won't pull up yet but it won't be long I'm sure. His legs are still pretty unstable though. That sounds neat about renting a room! Actually a great idea. When is Frankie's bday? Any plans for the 4th?

Rachel- lazy baby's are great!!then you don't have to worry do much with baby proofing your house right away! Archer is getting in to everything! It's so funny though and I don't mind. He really doesn't make a innuendo face when trying new foods unless it is something sour. He loves food. The other day we went to eat a barbaque restaurant and we gave him a rib. He loved it. Ofcourse we took off most of the meat but he got some meat and all the sauce and chewed on the bone. It was so funny. I also know how you feel about being busy but really not knowing what you did.

Today archer has been pretty crabby. Wouldnt let me out him down and was super tired so we took a nice hour and a half nap together. So frozen pizzas tonight for dinner lol. I took out some hamburgers at to make enchiladas but didn't make it far in thy aspect. Nothing important really going on. I haven't figured out if we will do anything for my birthday or not yet but we will see :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:32 am

Hi everyone,
Just checking in quickly before the weekend. Hope you are all keeping well and things are going well for the bubs and DPs/DHs.
Not much to tell at my end. Having BIL and SIL over for dinner tomorrow night so spent some of today cooking. Went and bought some slices of cake we had at Eli's baptism - which they couldn't go to - so we have that for dessert. Spoke to the photographer today who took photos of our dog so hoping to have the prints we've ordered in the next couple of weeks. Otherwise waiting on hearing how late DH will be home from work today. Almost dinner time for Eli. I really don't have much else to say!

Anyone else?

Hope you have great weekends
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Hey all :)
All is well here.
Just the same old same.
DP bought Charley's first birthday prezzie the other day, a ride on monsters inc. remote controlled car. It's recommended for ages 3+ but charley loves it anyway (yes we couldn't resist giving it to her early lol)
My scan is on Tuesday afternoon, can't believe it's only 3 1/2 days til I'll find out what we are having. Im getting nervous about the anat scan now, I always get nervous before a scan, I just worry that something will be wrong.. I'm feeling little kicks and have heard the hb a few times but I can't help but worry. Silly I know. Think it's to do with my first pregnancy, when I found out at my dating scan that bubs hb had stopped. Even though I have had charley since then, and am a low risk preg it just unsettles me every time I have a scan coming up.

Anyway enough rambling.

I'm just relaxing watching tv while charley naps.
Hopefully DP n I are spending some fun time together this weekend but it's miserable weather so who knows

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups