March 2014 Due Date!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: March 2014 Due Date!

Postby bljohnson4 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:49 pm

Awesome names, girls! :) I feel like getting to know your name ideas tells a little something about who each of you are. Mommy2B, you should share your gender reveal ideas!!
Me: 25
DH: 31
Married: 7/2/2011

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby TTC in Florida » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:12 pm

We're not planning to do a gender reveal party... at least I don't think we are! We hadn't really talked about it but definitely would love to hear your ideas, Mommy2B! Please share!
Me (Cara) & DH: 27 * Anniversary: 12.28.08 * TTC for one year before BFP!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby TTC in Florida » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:14 pm

And Cookie, I looooove Norah! Actually my husband's grandmother is named Nora (no H though) and we've considered it... we always said if we had girl/girl twins we'd pick Nora and Virginia for each of our grandmothers :D

My brothers are fraternal twins so we discuss the twin thing a lot!!! I'm more likely to have them since my closest female relative (mom, obviously) had them naturally. But just one baby this time we're pretty sure!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jogiff » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:10 pm

I love all these names :)

Mommy2B you should definitely share your ideas! I don't think we'll do a party ( we live far enough away from both families) so I think we might just do a little video of some sort. Balloons out of a box maybe? Or dh mentioned making a little stop motion thing maybe.

I think I decided to announce on fb once I have a bump, with a picture of me in a t shirt that says "future Leafs fan" since dh is crazy obsessed lol
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby silverviper86 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:17 am

So I got my Doppler today! Yay! But I couldn't find the heartbeat yet :( either I'm too early along still, the baby is in a weird position, or there's something wrong. But I'm very certain nothing's wrong. I'll practice more the rest of the week. I keep hearing the artery or maybe the placenta.
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Cookie911 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:21 am

Bummer about the Doppler! Im sure
You will hear it soon. I've heard looking on YouTube can help you find it, but it also said most people don't find it til ten weeks...that's just a few days, right?
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MEL66325 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:46 am

We're not going to do a gender reveal party either. Since this is our second, we'll probably just tell everyone what it is - I am not a very patient person and cannot wait to tell!

Ashley, I bet it is just a little too soon to hear the heartbeat, or like you said, the baby is in a weird position. I'm supposed to go to the doctor next THursday and I'm worried they won't find the heartbeat then, that it may be too early still.
ME - 35
DH - 38
DS- 9

BFP - 6/19/2013
:angel: 8/12/13 - missed m/c, D&C :(

4/22/14 - BFP!
8/12/14- It's a BOY!!! Owen Lane due 1/3/2015

MEL66325
Angel
Angel

Postby BECCAF » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:15 pm

I found a few cute maternity things on H&M's website (now open for online ordering)... is it too early to start buying maternity wear? I'm conflicted about it. What do you guys think?
TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Ashley, bummer you couldn't find the heartbeat yet! Hopefully sometime in the next few weeks :).

Becca, it seems like people often start struggling to fit into their normal clothes (especially pants) pretty early on so I don't think there is any problem with starting to try to find some essentials now. You don't want to wake up one day and not have any pants to wear!! :) I need to take my own advice sometime soon! I'm going to a huge consignment sale on Sept. 12th so I'm hoping to get lots of stuff there but I'm sure I will need to get some things before then.

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby TTC in Florida » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Becca... I already bought maternity stuff! So no, I don't think it's too soon. Especially with seasonal stuff, since it only comes around once a year. I was actually wondering if I should buy a maternity bathing suit at the summer sales because I'll probably be swimming throughout the pregnancy.

So I just had a midwife appointment, and it was awesome! It was my first time meeting her and she was funny, personable, and very knowledgable, I feel really comfortable with her and hubby did, too. I'm so relieved!

The nurse used the doppler and found the heartbeat! I wasn't sure if we would hear it so I tried not to get my hopes up, but it was incredible :)

Ashley -- I think it would be so hard to find that little heartbeat on the home monitor this early, especially doing it for the first time. The nurse really had to move it around a lot of places and try different positions to finally find it. Plus, there were so many other noises going on that I'm not sure if I would have been able to distinguish it myself if she hadn't told me. So don't be too discouraged! I'm sure you'll find it soon.

Also -- and this is insane! -- they're going to tell us the baby's sex from my bloodwork! We'll find out in just a few weeks... crazy! Technology is amazing!
Last edited by TTC in Florida on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby silverviper86 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:42 pm

What??? You can find out the gender this early?? So awesome! :D can't wait to hear what you're having! I'm glad you liked your midwife :) and that's really reassuring about the doppler. How far down did she find the heartbeat? And was she pressing in kind of hard? I might take another crack at my Doppler tonight.

And as far maternity clothes, I don't think it's too early. I already bought 2 tops at Goodwill that will probably work when I have a small bump. They aren't specifically for maternity, but they're very loose in the stomach area. I think I'll try second hand stores for a lot of my maternity clothes (aside from undergarments).

So today, my back started aching like crazy!!! Has anyone experienced that? I went home from work early today because I also feel like I'm getting sick, so maybe the back thing is due to that also. I'm planning on taking a nap very soon too. I'm pooped!
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby TTC in Florida » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Ashley -- she found the heartbeat pretty high up, about an inch or so below my belly button right in the middle. At first she had tried much lower and she seemed to think the baby was pretty high, so maybe you really have to try the whole area? Good luck!!!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby carabug » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:00 pm

Cara- Are you having the maternit21 test? I think that is the only one that you can find out the sex that early and test for downs too. I am having mine in a few weeks as well, so we will know soon too. Another thing both the Cara's are doing- =)

As far as maternity clothes are concerned I am with Cara- buy seasonal and on sale. I will be going to Kauai in my 6th month so I need summer stuff for that and it's gonna go away soon, probably like now actually. I am already wearing some of my few maternity things- especially pants cause I cannot stand anything tight right now with all the bloating. Also loose tops would be nice cause I am definitely pushing out the bely I already had from underneath. So anything I used to wear is kind of obvious at this point. I am going to target this weekend to grab some pants as that is the hardest thing to find to fit into right now. So just go for it- and thanks for the H&M tip- love their stuff.

Silver- no back pain for me- just rib pain. I think it's my rib joint problem from before but now aggravated by the tight bra. I hope it feels better soon.

Oh that reminds me- guess I need a bigger bra when I got to target too. ShouId I buy nursing ones- and what if they grow more- any suggestions?

Ashley- my doc said I have a tilted uterus and won't be able to find the heartbeat until closer to 11 weeks- so maybe you have that too- it makes the baby further back and harder to hear.
Me- 35
DH- 35
BFP- 6/28/13 our First!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
carabug

Postby Mommy2B? » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Such a wealth of information ladies!!! Thanks!!!

I can't wait for my midwife appt!!! A little less than two weeks to go!!! I thought I was done with the TWW. Ha.

TTC- FL- that is crazy that you will know the sex!!! Wow. That is so amazing!!

Cara- where in kauai are you going? My family has a house there and I could private message you lots of suggestions depending on where you'll be on the island :) how exciting.
Mommy2B?
Friend

Postby bljohnson4 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:46 pm

Cara, I'm glad you had such a great experience with your midwife! How exciting that you get to find out the sex so early. I'll have to live through you and the other Cara because I won't find out until my 20 week scan.

Ashley, I hope your back starts to feel better soon :(.

Less than 100 hours until my ultrasound!!!! :)

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups