March 2014 Due Date!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: March 2014 Due Date!

Postby BECCAF » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:59 am

Mine come and go too! Totally normal I'd assume. :)

I just noticed some very white CM, something I've never seen in my life. About to Google it... Anyone else?

I also have a random question - is anyone into juicing? I love fresh green juice (kale, celery, apples, etc.) but have read that any unpasturized juice is off limits. I just don't see the difference between making juice or eating an apple or kale salad. Why is that off limits but fresh, raw fruits and vegetables aren't?

Any advice on that?
TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby TTC in Florida » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:32 am

I think problem is that bacteria in unpasteurized juice can grow really quickly. That's why it's not safe to have fresh made juice at restaurants or markets -- because it's likely been sitting out for hours. I've read that it's fine to drink homemade juice in your own house only if you consume it immediately. A few websites I've seen say that as long as you make only one serving and drink it right away, it should be fine. Same for fruit smoothies for that matter.

White creamy CM... yup me too. Same with the cramps.
Me (Cara) & DH: 27 * Anniversary: 12.28.08 * TTC for one year before BFP!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby silverviper86 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:37 pm

So today I made it to exactly 6 weeks! I'm excited about that :) Every week is a little victory- I'm terrified of a miscarriage! But so far, so good.

Anyway, as far as symptoms, have any of you noticed more CM than usual, especially creamy white CM? I had this today.
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MEL66325 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:38 am

Ashley, my CM is clear and like EWCM most days. I haven't seen any white CM yet. Some days I feel so wet and I think I'm bleeding, but when I check, it is just clear watery CM.
ME - 35
DH - 38
DS- 9

BFP - 6/19/2013
:angel: 8/12/13 - missed m/c, D&C :(

4/22/14 - BFP!
8/12/14- It's a BOY!!! Owen Lane due 1/3/2015

MEL66325
Angel
Angel

Postby TTC in Florida » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:44 am

I'm having lots of CM... of all varieties. It keeps making me run to the bathroom to make sure I'm not bleeding! I've actually been closing my office door to take a swipe with a tissue when I get really nervous... sorry if that's TMI but I'm getting really neurotic here!

And congrats on 6 weeks! I know exactly what you mean. My weeks "turn" on Thursdays and now Thursday is my favorite day of the week!!!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby silverviper86 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:11 am

LOL I just realized that right before I posted about the white CM, Becca had asked the same question :D I'm not very observant haha! Anyway, I am totally the same way- always thinking I'm bleeding. And yesterday I had what I thought were strong cramps- turns out it was gas! I think it's normal for us all to be worried at this stage.
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MEL66325 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:45 am

Ha, Ha, TTC in FL! I have been known to take a private swipe every now and again too! I guess it's easy to be paranoid in the first trimester. Some days it just seems too good to be true! I feel like I'm waiting on the other shoe to drop.

My weeks turn on Mondays. And I've signed up for the WebMD newsletter that sends you weekly pregnancy updates - so I can't wait to get to work on Monday and see how baby is growing this week.

Has anyone shared their news publicly yet? A few people know on my end but none of my family yet and just a couple of co-workers. We're trying to wait until the end of the first trimester.
ME - 35
DH - 38
DS- 9

BFP - 6/19/2013

4/22/14 - BFP!

MEL66325
Angel
Angel

Postby TTC in Florida » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:07 am

We haven't told anyone yet! We're visiting my parents this weekend and it will be incredibly hard not to tell them, but I just can't in good conscience share the news until we've heard a heartbeat, which won't be for another week and a half.

My mom was the only one (aside from DH) who knew about my miscarriage last year and she was tremendously heartbroken. I know she would be a nervous wreck if we told her before the 8 week ultrasound, so I'm gonna hold my tongue until we definitely have good news to share!

Plus, our family had some very, very sad news a few weeks ago with the sudden passing of my husband's mom. Actually we found out we were pregnant the day before she died, it was just terrible. We are very scared of telling family and then, heaven forbid we miscarry, having to give them MORE bad news. I don't think anyone could handle it :cry:

ANYWAY -- I would love your opinions about when to tell close friends -- in a few weeks my three college roommates and I will get together. We are VERY close but live far apart, so this only happens a few times per year. I'd love to tell them but I'll only be 9.5 weeks... what do you think? Too soon?

I'm waiting until 2nd trimester to tell people at work, though my boss will definitely notice if I keep looking so exhausted and nauseous all the time...

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BECCAF » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:22 am

Hello ladies! Hope everyone is feeling good today. :)

Aside from patches of very white CM I'm pretty dry. Maybe the abundant CM will kick in for me soon.

Florida - I'm with you. We're not sharing with family until the heartbeat is strong and we feel safer. I haven't had a MC (so sorry to hear about that) but I really don't want to take any chances. My parents would be devastated as well. As I already mentioned, we have each already told a few close friends who knew we were trying. I personally like to have a little support system, regardless of the outcome.

Once the heartbeat is confirmed and we feel good about it, we'll start to tell parents/coworkers/other friends - I'm aiming for minimum of 10 weeks, which coincidentally is around our one year wedding anniversary.

It's so hard to keep a secret like this!!! I, too, will have to skip a few happy hours - I have a feeling the secret may get out to a few others at that time.

Anyone find any good pregnancy apps? I have a few but just curious.
TTC #1

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MEL66325 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:24 pm

TTC, I remember when you made that post about your DH's mom. I posted on your thread and was immensely sad for you. I am glad that the little bean made it safely through that traumatic time. I know you guys still have a long way to go in the grieving process and my <3 goes out to you!

Becca, I only told the couple of people I told because I knew they were praying friends. I wanted as many prayers as I could going up for the little bean. I'm dying not to say anything to anyone else, but we're waiting to hear the heartbeat too. I'm hoping at my ten week appt. We heard DS' heartbeat on the doppler at 8 weeks, but I probably won't see the doctor before ten weeks since my first appt is at 6 weeks.

Actually, DH doesn't really care if we tell anyone. He says that this is just between our family and everyone else will know soon enough - when I start showing. LOL! I told him that he was so excited when we got pregnant with our son that we had told everyone within two days of finding out - risky, I know! But he said to me that telling our families about DS didn't exactly do any good since neither his mom nor my parents have much of anything to do with our son.

I think he may just be trying to avoid the hurt of seeing yet another child of ours have grandparents who don't care. I agree with him, but at the same time, I don't want to deal with the drama of having them mad at us for not telling. Does that make any sense?
ME - 35
DH - 38
DS- 9

BFP - 6/19/2013

4/22/14 - BFP!

MEL66325
Angel
Angel

Postby silverviper86 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:27 pm

We haven't told any family yet, with the exception of my sister. She's really good at keeping secrets lol! I have told a few of my coworkers though. We plan on telling our parents and close family at about the 10 week mark- the first weekend of August.

Mel- that's a good idea about the webMD newsletter. I'll have to check that out :) I'm also sorry to hear that your DS grandparents aren't very involved :( Do you think that will change once your new baby is born?

Oh and about the apps- I haven't looked for any yet, but would also love to hear if anyone found some good ones.

And as far as symptoms today- it was the first day I've noticed constipation. Other than that, my symptoms come and go. It's really weird, but from what I've read, that's kind of normal.
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MEL66325 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:57 am

Hey, Ashley!

It is weird - when DS was a baby, both my parents and DH's mother came to the house often to see him. As he got older, that became less and less. Now that he's really big, they NEVER come to see him. He hasn't seen my dad since Christmas and they only live 30 minutes away. DH's mother just lives ten minutes away and she never calls to check on him or come and see him either.

Yes, I believe that once the new baby comes, they will be all over him/her. But once the baby stage wears off, they'll be back to where they were, I'm sure. It is really ridiculous in my opinion. Yes, babies are fun and all, but this is your GRANDCHILD. No matter how big they get, you should want to spend time with them.

DH doesn't even want me to tell my dad I'm pregnant. He says he will find out when I see him, which probably won't be until Christmas. I'd be like six months pregnant by then! That would be a horrible way to tell my dad that we're having a baby. But, I do see where hubby is coming from.

On a different note, Ashley you already know this, but I had spotting last night. One dime-sized glob of mucus with brown blood in it and one black dot. Scared me to death!

It is gone now and the nurse said that brown spotting in the first trimester is totally normal. I had NONE of this with DS so it is definitely scary. Thursday cannot get here soon enough!!
ME - 35
DH - 38
DS- 9

BFP - 6/19/2013

4/22/14 - BFP!

MEL66325
Angel
Angel

Postby TTC in Florida » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:43 am

Mel I'm sorry to hear about your spotting, that must have been so scary! How are you feeling today? Hope you are doing much better, sending good vibes your way. Seems like you have a doctor appt tomorrow -- do you know if they'll do an ultrasound or just a physical exam? Hopefully by 6.5 weeks you'll see a heartbeat!

It is so weird how in these early weeks there is no guarantee on a day-to-day basis that things are going well! It's bizarre to walk around and know that I'm pregnant but have no way of checking in on the baby. DH keeps saying that as long as I'm not bleeding there's nothing to worry about -- but I know that's not true! I've read so many sad stories of situations where the baby stopped growing and the mom had no idea. I feel like this idea is paralyzing me! These next nine days until our 8 week ultrasound will feel like an eternity! How are you ladies dealing with this very tender time in the early first trimester?

Hoping everyone feels well today and that all of our little ones are growing :)

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MEL66325 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:01 am

Hi, TTC...I had a great day yesterday, felt the sore bb's and no more brown spotting. I just felt like everything was normal and baby was good. Today, not so sore bb's (a little tender to touch) and more brown discharge. I even saw an orange speck of blood. Scared me to death! The nurse's line is very reassuring that everything is just normal. She said the doctor won't do an ultrasound tomorrow, but she will be able to tell if my cervix is closed. If it is closed, then all is well.

Well, to me it doesn't seem so tightly closed. How the heck do I know what that really feels like though? When I first found out I was pregnant, the cervix felt soft and squishy. Now it feels hard and I can feel the opening but it doesn't feel shut. I don't know...freaking out...
ME - 35
DH - 38
DS- 9

BFP - 6/19/2013

4/22/14 - BFP!

MEL66325
Angel
Angel

Postby BECCAF » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:05 am

Oh MEL! Sorry to hear about your concerns. My bb's fluctuate with how sore they are throughout the day. I'm sure everything is just fine! Stay optimistic and give good energy to your little bean! XOXO
TTC #1

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups