March 2014 Due Date!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: March 2014 Due Date!

Postby silverviper86 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Hey Becca! I haven't really had severe morning sickness yet, just a little nausea here and there if I let my stomach get too empty. I have been trying to have a small snack every 2-3 hours, and that seems to be helping. And I'm sure you've read this, but they say to leave some crackers or something on your nightstand so that you can eat those first thing in the morning before you even get up. It's supposed to help. I haven't felt icky enough to have to try that one yet.

So today I had some interesting symptoms. My uterus really felt like it was growing. I felt very mild cramps and stretching down there, and some small twinges down my pubic bone area. Also, my left nipple especially is SUPER sore! I guess this is a good sign? My nausea today has been nonexistent, so that's been nice. I'm thinking once I'm about 8 weeks or more, the symptoms will really start to ramp up and that's when I'll get morning sickness. That's only a week away, so we'll see.
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby TTC in Florida » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:21 am

Mel I'm so glad to heat you got some good news from the doctor! Glad to hear things are feeling normal, I'm sure you're numbers will be great and hopefully you can see/hear the heartbeat soon! That would be so exciting and such a big turnaround from the scare you've been dealing with.

Becca, TOTALLY agree with you about not wanting foods I used to love. Funny you should say that about red meat... three nights in a row I was desperately craving a cheeseburger. Finally I gave in and instantly felt so much better. Maybe my body was really needing that protein and iron? So I guess my advice is, if you have a serious craving and you think it won't make you puke, go for it.

Silver, I've read that by 7 weeks the uterus doubles in size so it seems like those feelings you're having are right on track!

As for me, I'm nauseous ALL the time... not enough to throw up yet... but I seriously feel like I've had a really bad hangover for days on end without relief. Eating feels like such a choice. Aside from my one glorious night of cheeseburger heaven, it's been mostly dry toast, soup, and ginger ale :cry: I'm wishing I'd bought stock in Seagram's by now!

And even though I'm eating practically nothing, I've gained a pound, and I swear it's all boob!

Hope you ladies all have a fun and relaxing weekend! Mel, thoughts are still with you girl, be well!
Me (Cara) & DH: 27 * Anniversary: 12.28.08 * TTC for one year before BFP!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MEL66325 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:11 am

Hey, ladies - thank you so much for the well wishes. It means a lot to me. Still waiting on the lab to call me back - this is ridiculous that I have to wait so long when others on here can have their beta results back in as little as 4 hours. They are open on Saturdays, so my office said the lab could even call me this morning, but somehow I have my doubts that they will. :evil:

I had some serious boob pain last night. I was sitting in one of my Sunday School gatherings and suddenly this sharp pain shot through my left breast. It hung around for a moment and HURT! They are very, very sore to the touch now, so I find that reassuring. My nausea comes and goes at the moment, and all I've been able to do is dry heave. I haven't actually thrown up but once since I found out I was pregnant. I've dry heaved many times. I find that munching on something often, little somethings, really helps keep it at bay.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear something. All of you ladies seem to have really promising symptoms and I know you all have sticky beans in there. praying I have a sticky bean too. :praying:
ME - 35
DH - 38
DS- 9

BFP - 6/19/2013
:angel: 8/12/13 - missed m/c, D&C :(

4/22/14 - BFP!
8/12/14- It's a BOY!!! Owen Lane due 1/3/2015

MEL66325
Angel
Angel

Postby TTC in Florida » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:16 am

My bloodwork results always take at least a day and a half. I went in Monday afternoon and got results Wednesday morning... whoever gets results in 4 hours is a lucky duck!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MEL66325 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:23 am

Got my numbers, I'm not happy with them. Doctor's office didn't seem thrilled either.

HCG: 5,978
Progesterone: 10.2

She says they won't see anything on the ultrasound with those numbers and I go for a repeat beta on Monday.

I'm terrified!!
ME - 35
DH - 38
DS- 9

BFP - 6/19/2013

4/22/14 - BFP!

MEL66325
Angel
Angel

Postby bljohnson4 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:54 am

Congrats to all of you on your BFPs!

Mel, I'm sorry to hear about all of the worries you have been having to deal with. I sure hope your betas are awesome on Monday!

I've been on our Due Date Club pages for a while now but it is pretty quiet there. I think since you guys are all here :). So I'll come join you. But, you guys should join our March Due Dates pages. It looks like eventually (from looking at the other months' due date pages) they will start up different sections within that for posting belly pictures, upcoming appointment dates, ultrasound pics, etc...so everything will be all in one spot.

I don't have my first apt. with my doctor until I'm 9 weeks (August 5th) so I'm just very impatiently waiting. :)
Me: 25
DH: 31
Married: 7/2/2011

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby TTC in Florida » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:49 am

Oh Mel, I'm sorry you're so anxious!

I've heard the actual number is not as important as the increase rate, so hopefully Monday will bring good news. I've often referred to this HCG chart from the American Pregnancy Association. They say that anything from 1,080 – 56,500 is healthy for 6 weeks so you are well within that range: http://americanpregnancy.org/duringpreg ... evels.html

Try to stay calm this weekend and keep your body relaxed if possible. You have my prayers for good news next week.

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MEL66325 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:32 am

Welcome, bljohnson! Congrats on your pregnancy!

I decided to call the doctor back And ask for a progesterone supplement. The nurse talked to the Dr on call and they actually called me in some. It is a vaginal suppository I'm to inset 2x daily until I reach 10 weeks. I hope it helps. It certainly can't hurt. I'm just surprised I had to ask for it.

I thank you for your prayers! Will keep you posted.
ME - 35
DH - 38
DS- 9

BFP - 6/19/2013

4/22/14 - BFP!

MEL66325
Angel
Angel

Postby BECCAF » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:00 am

Yes, welcome bljohnson! Glad to have you. :)

Mel, hope you're feeling OK. You're in my thoughts!

My morning sickness has officially kicked into full gear. I vomited for the first time last night, and burst all the capillaries around my eyes, cheeks, and on my forehead. Apparently this has a name - Petechiae. When I looked in the mirror I was horrified! I have so much makeup on and am wearing a hat today at work to try to cover it up. Gah!!!
TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby TTC in Florida » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:41 am

Oh yikes, Becca! That sounds miserable :( Having to wear a hat to cover it up sounds terrible, so sorry girl!

I'm finding myself praying for the second trimester already. I haven't actually puked but I had some lovely dry heaves... maybe if I had actually eaten something would have come out. Gross.

It seems like a cruel trick that the pregnancy has to be secret during the time we feel like shit. My boss is definitely suspecting something, she asked if I'm getting sick. Probably because what I brought to eat at the office today is unsweetened applesauce, chicken broth with a few noodles, and ginger ale. Heck maybe I should throw a few coughs and sneezes around to throw her off!

Welcome bljohnson4 -- I see you're six weeks today, congrats! Don't you love when another week passes? It's my favorite thing these days.

Thinking of you Mel, XO

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MEL66325 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Hey guys - went in for more blood work today. They said they'd call me in the morning with my results. My symptoms are all over the place. I actually vomited yesterday morning, and had a few dry heaves yesterday. My boobs shrunk and are hardly sore anymore. I had a little dry heave this morning but because I'm on an empty stomach. I saw red blood today. It's always next to the cervix, though and sometimes will come out on the tp and sometimes not.

The bleeding stopped almost a whole day when I got on the progesterone and then I was teaching a VBS class at church last night and after two hours on my feet, I went to the restroom and found brown blood.

Part of me feels like I'm hoping for nothing and the other part of me wants to hold onto this little baby and never lose hope. It was horrible going to the hospital this morning seeing all those pregnant bellies and not sure if I will get to see this baby grow like that. Very heartwrenching. My husband doesn't understand - he's not physically attached like I am.

Sigh...I don't know...I'll keep you posted. Hugs...
ME - 35
DH - 38
DS- 9

BFP - 6/19/2013

4/22/14 - BFP!

MEL66325
Angel
Angel

Postby bljohnson4 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Oh my goodness Becca, that sounds horrible :(. I'm sorry that you have to deal with the petichiae along with the morning sickness.

TTC in Florida, yes, it is always exciting when another week passes. I can't wait to get to 9 weeks so I can see my baby at my first ultrasound. But, at the same time, I don't want to rush it! We don't know if we will have more than one baby so I'm trying to enjoy everything about this pregnancy just in case! Your morning sickness doesn't sound like much fun either :(. You girls are a bit further along than me so but I'm still hoping I just skip over the worst of it!

Mel, thinking about you. I hope you get some fantastic results tomorrow!
Me: 25
DH: 31
Married: 7/2/2011

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby TTC in Florida » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Becca, I'm officially joining you in the pregnant-lady-puking-her-guts-out club. Blech, not fun.

I feel so gross, but at the same time, I came out of the bathroom and proudly said to my husband that I'm a "real pregnant lady now" (not that those of you lucky enough to NOT puke aren't real pregnant ladies... just making the best of a bad situation here).

bljohnson4 -- love your comment about trying to enjoy every moment, such a good perspective. I needed to hear that right about now, thanks lady.

Also feel like I should say by now that my name is Cara... I should update my signature with my name one of these days.

As always prayers for you, Mel. Hoping you get good news!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby silverviper86 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:03 am

Mel- You know I'm praying for you girl! I hope you get good results! (I know you will!)

Cara- nice to get your name :) I'm Ashley. I should put that in my signature also. Anyway, so sorry to hear about the puking, but yay for the good sign that baby is doing well! I haven't puked yet, but have felt quite nauseous from time to time. I'm actually nauseous right now and might go get a snack (even though it's midnight right now).

AFM, I have my first official prenatal visit tomorrow with my midwife. I'm a mix of nervous and excited. I think I'll have them take my beta and progesterone numbers while they are at it because I think they have to draw my blood anyway. I'm just curious to see what it is. Have all of you had your first appointments yet? If so, how did they go and what kind of tests did they do?

Also, today we told two of our close friends that I was pregnant and swore them to secrecy. They were really excited :) I can't wait to tell the rest of my family and friends!
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby TTC in Florida » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:31 am

Ashley good luck! First midwife appt, so exciting! It must have been so exciting to tell friends! We're having dinner with one of my best friends tonight and it will be so hard not to tell her... just a few more weeks!

At my first prenatal appt the doctor did a pelvic exam to feel my uterus size and whether my cervix was closed. I think normally they would also do a pap smear but I just had my annual less than a month beforehand so I didn't need another one. After the quick physical exam, she talked to us about how often to come in for appointments, when we would get ultrasounds, and our options for genetic/fetal testing. She also went over all the do's and dont's of pregnancy including a nifty little wallet card about which fish are highest in mercury (living in Florida everyone eats fish all the time so it's a big concern here). Then she had me set up my next appointment for four weeks later... I'll be having visits with the midwife once per month until the end of the pregnancy, then every other week and every week as the due date approaches.

Nifty tip... I've learned that if I wear a dress to my appts I don't have to get fully undressed, just hike up the dress for the pelvic exam. Not sure if that's true for all offices but it works for me. Same for when I went in for my transvaginal scan at 5.5 weeks.

Good luck girl! Hope it goes well! Is you hubby available to go with you? DH came with me and it was his first time inside the ob/gyn office... pretty funny :wink:

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups