SMEP sisters - it worked!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

SMEP sisters - it worked!

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:38 am

Here's our thread ladies! We all became so close that we need to stick together while pg as well. Let's share symptoms and rants. Nursery ideas and cute baby items!
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Re: SMEP sisters - it worked!

Postby Ibarrita » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:28 am

Yay! Found it! Thanks Angel - Now we can stick together! :) - Woo hoo! 3 weeks till the big secret is out to all my close friends. I can't wait but I feel like the time is dragging by...Trying to distract myself with filling my schedule with fun stuff like Texans pre-season games, movies, etc. But seems like all I have been attending lately are baby showers! :doh: Oh well!

Mom is visiting from Montana right now, and I have her working on a gray/white chevron crib skirt! Eeee! I'm so excited. Custom bedding is wicked expensive, so we visited some fabric shops last weekend and picked up this chevron material, and I'm so pumped to get into my new house, buy a crib and start putting everything together!

Hope you all are doing awesome! :)

Angel - You should post a pic of your baby belly! I remember your dh saying "Uh yah, you're definitely showing" lmao! ;)
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:41 am

WooHoo! So Stoked to get this board going now!

Sylvia - DH and I couldn't wait past 7 weeks to announce it to everyone. And then after we did, of course we worried we had jinxed it..but alas the LO is still a cookin'! The first trimester is such a DRAGGGGG...it seems like it lasts forever. The second one however..seems to be slipping away from me! Awhh, I wish someone in my family knew how to sew..you'd think with all of us being from the south someone would..but nope. I bet your crib bedding will be gorgeous!!!! I'm all kinds of curious about your pregnancy thus far...any weird cravings or food aversions? Gender guesses or dreams?

Here's what's up with me: Now officially 17 weeks as of yesterday..I've been having a great deal of trouble getting comfortable and those pregnancy leg cramps have started :(. Last night I woke up TWICE and has to have a snack, I think LO is having a growth spurt. The most amazing thing happened the other day...I started to feel the baby. I almost lost it when I realized what it was. Oh the emotions. lol. DH and I are FINALLY going to see about a pre approval next week, and we just came across the perfect house for us yesterday...prayers and good vibes no one snatches it up before we can! I hope we get that house or an even better one and close by mid-oct since my baby shower will be around 30-32 weeks. I'm a type A personality and plan almost everything..so..I'm a little disappointed in myself when I say we haven't purchased the first thing for the baby yet. I don't know whether to blame it on still not knowing the gender or the fact that I don't want to purchase too much before we move...just extra stuff to move and organize. We have our anatomy scan scheduled for the 19th of August and believe me...I'm literally counting the days, I even took the entire day off so I could go shopping after we find out the sex (good vibes it's cooperative!) Ahhh yes...those belly pictures..I've only taken one...last week. I still insist I just look I have a chubby stomach. I will upload a picture once it sends from my phone!

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby chall » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:16 am

Hey, I found you guys! :) Just popping in to say hi.
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby hopeful#3 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Hello ladies!

Thanks for the invite Sylvia! :D
hopeful#3

Postby vswright34 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:23 pm

Hello my lovely ladies!! Thanks for the invite sylvia :D

I have been feeling good. Still nervous but its nothing I can control so I have to remind myself that so I can relax! My boobs and nips hurt. My lower back started yesterday and I'm just tired and have the beginning of heart burn. Oh how much damage a little poppy seed can do to you haha. But I will take all symptoms if it means my LO is growing inside me!!

Have you guys done the wedding ring gender test? Its fascinating!! You take your wedding ring and either a piece of thread or your hair and hold it over your tummy. Make sure you hole the ring still and then watch happens. If it swings like a pendulum it is suppose to be a boy. If it goes in a circle then its a girl. Just a fun game. It says I will have a girl :D

Counting down the days until my apt and have been working on my baby mobile. Haven't painted it yet cause I don't even know what my nursery will look like yet so I will wait. (I know I know its so early but I can't help but be excited!!)

Hope all you preggo eggos are doing well!!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby hopeful#3 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:30 pm

I finally figured out how to get something added to my Signature! LOL!!!!!!
hopeful#3

Postby chall » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:41 pm

Angel - I'm only 5 weeks in and I already think the first trimester is dragging!

Since I had a m/c last time around, I don't feel too comfortable telling anyone or making lots of plans before we get to the 12 week mark. Just my parents and my sister know so far. Debating about when to tell DHs parents. So far I don't have a lot of symptoms... my boobs are a little sore sometimes, but not all the time. I've got some constipation issues, so I'm taking stool softeners which seems to be helping some, but I'm still not very "regular". And I think the bloat is starting. Yesterday after a dinner out with DH I felt like I blew up like a balloon! And then when we got home and I took off my shoes - my lower legs and ankles were totally swollen. Next week is my first doctor appointment, which I'm very excited about. Last time I didn't make it to the first doctor appointment, so if I make it past that milestone I think I'll feel better.
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby vswright34 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:56 pm

We should make sure to post pics of our ultrasounds!

Chall- when is your first appt. Mine is on Thursday at 12:15 PST

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby hopeful#3 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Mine is on Monday the 12th! I am super excited! I really feel like the time is dragging by though!
hopeful#3

Postby chall » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Mine is Wednesday at 10:45am EST! They call this the "pregnancy confirmation" appointment, so I'm not sure that they will be doing much. Also, do they not trust that I can pee on a stick at home? Sheesh. Still, it's a milestone :)
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby vswright34 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Me too!! I have a count down on my calendar lol. Yay ladies!! I am suppose to have an transvaginal ultrasound done and possibly blood work. I think they already had me do a pee test on Friday when I spotted a tad. and I literally just had a pap done in march.. So we shall see what the appt will bring but im ready for it now!!

Angel- have you thought of a birth plan yet? You want to go natural or not?

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:58 pm

So ya I know it's early but I am a bargain shopper and I stumbled across something I want! I was on Craigslist and stumbled across a glider and ottoman that is pretty much new for 80$!! Its a $500 glider!! And I own a upholstery shampooer that I can use to clean the cushions.. Very very tempted to buy and just hide it in the spare room just because I mean... Come on.. $80?!?! That's a steal!!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Chall - I know how you feel about time. It'll start to fly by in the 2nd trimester...especially if you're trying to move and everything like we are.I had a "pregnancy confirmation" appt as well...they took 9 vials of blood. I was like jeeeez

Roni - I'd snatch that glider up! We're ordering ours here soon....at a whooping $400 :| but it's too comfortable to pass up, and can and will be used as living room furniture down the line. I haven't done that gender test but I've done loads more..all say girl...everyone i know say girl...and I say boy. Watch me be wrong LOL. I think I say boy more because I want one first. lol. I do actually already have a birth plan :oops: I want to deliver vaginally naturally. I will take as much pain as I can handle before opting for the epidural. I will not beat myself up about having the epi if it happens that I need it. I would not like to be induced because my sister in law and sister were both induced with their second and said the pain was 1000x worse than you naturally going into labor. But I will take being induced over a c-section any day. I will only have a c-section should it be medically necessary.

Has anyone given thoughts as far as breast feeding or cloth diapering?

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:39 pm

Oh also... I meant to attach the "belly" photo

nothing much to my eyes but then again I'm ready to look like I'm about to pop LOL

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups