SMEP sisters - it worked!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, TrebleLily, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy

Re: SMEP sisters - it worked!

Postby angelfacexx » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:28 pm

How was everyone's weekend? Everyone's been quiet.
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Blaire » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:18 am

Good morning ladies,

Angel, good luck today, hope the wee one cooperates and doesn't keep their legs crosses! Can't wait to hear your news, and have a blast shopping w dh!

:)

Weekend was very busy, dinner w a gf who was in from out of town, then shopping and cooki g for another friends sons 1 st bday, then BBQ at my folks and then a going away party for a friend after that (where I about fell asleep) then the 1 st bday party and home to nap away the rest of Sunday. I can't wait till this exhaustion is gone for a little.
Blaire

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:58 am

Good Morning ladies! :) SOOOO excited for Angel today!! :) Can't wait for you to hear what you are having!! :) You better post it on here on your mobile before you go shopping! hehe

Angel - Thanks so much for the bassinet suggestion! That sounds like a perfect solution, and I love you how can move it around the house to the laundry room, living room, kitchen, etc. Seems so light weight and handy! A lot of the reviews mentioned that sometimes it's hard for the baby to transition from that comfy lil' inclined rock n' play to its crib later on, so they recommended having the baby nap in their crib and sleep in the rock n' play at night. Looks like a great lil' bassinet though!

Roni - So sorry to hear that you are starting to get M/S! Is it getting any better for ya or worse? Hope that you can keep your tummy full so you are not getting sick at work and all. Good to keep some crackers or nuts (protein to keep you full longer) in your purse so that u have those snacks at all time in case you start feeling queasy.

Carol - Sorry that you're starting to feel M/S too, hun! Man! And all day?! No fun! Hope it doesn't hang around too long. :-( And hey! That's quite the rule your parents had! I hope that your hubby cooperates on that. I was telling mine about that rule and he was like "Aww, I'm going to try to help you as much as I can babe." I thought that was sweet.

Blaire - I hope you get to take a baby moon somewhere girl! Some of our good friends just went to Hawaii and she's at about 6/7 months - They had maternity pics on the beach. So beautiful! We also love the Carib - Went for our honeymoon and then on a couple cruises there. We've been married almost 7 years and have been fortunate enough to travel quite a bit so I am thankful for that.

Well girls, I have some news for you!!! To find out the gender of my baby I just have to call this message center and there is a message waiting for me! Well, It was supposed to be 7-10 business days from last Tuesday, but this morning I was like "What the heck, I'm going to call anyway." and what do you know? There was a message saying "Congratulations Sylvia! You're going to have a girl!" WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT?! Man I am so excited. I didn't really care what I was having but deep down I was kind of wanting a little girl. I haven't even told my DH yet. He wants a girl so badly too. hehehe I'm thinking about going home at lunch and buying the girliest outfit ever on the way home and having him open it.

So, that's means I have a little Ariana Noemi on the way! Let's see if Angel also has an Ariana or if she gets her boy?! Fx for your little boy, my friend!!
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:10 am

I haven't read anything yet. I'm still shaking from my appt. LO was curled up tight in a little ball but eventually woke up and gave us a show.

Turns out we're team pink! Ariana it is!

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:23 am

Whoaaaa!! :) Bummer you didn't get your boy but GO TEAM PINK!!! :) Congrats Angel.

My chinese gender prediction and the wedding ring above the tummy method were both correct for all you who are still waiting. You should try it! ;)
Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:27 am

Sylvia- I just read your post! Congrats on your girl!!! Team A!!!!

DH and I are slowly sinking into team pink. Hopefully shopping will make it more real. There's always a chance for team blue next time!!

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby hopeful#3 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:39 am

YAY!!! Team PINK!!!! :D So excited for both of you! So... I am wondering... Did either of you try the Drug store version of gender prediction? There is a test in the pregnancy aisle that is supposed to be able to predict what you are having via your urine. I think is says at 10 weeks. My DH's cousin tried it with her first, and it said boy, and she was having a boy, with this one it said boy again. So I was just interested in seeing if you guys tried it. I might give it a try in a couple of weeks. I dont know. I of course, won't buy anything based on that alone, but thought it would be fun to see.
Sylvia - how accurate is your gender test? Is it 100% or are you also going to wait until the U/S confirmation?
AFM - nothing much but battling all day sickness, mostly at night when I am tired, and every time I eat. Which gets annoying because I love food. But every time I eat, I get all crampy and don't want to eat anymore. Then a little bit later, I get nausous. Haven't actually puked yet, but the feeling is there.
Have a great day ladies! And Angel - Shop away!
hopeful#3

Postby vswright34 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:07 am

Omg!! Congrats angel and Sylvia on your baby girls!!! How exciting!!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:19 am

Thanks ladies! I'm so excited to tell DH that I can hardly work!! I blew it last time by calling him to say he was going to be a daddy while he was on the golf course, so I'm trying to contain my excitement so I can buy a little dress and have him open it at lunch time. hahaha I want to at least have SOME special moments.

And Angela, they say it's 99% certain! haha - I called the office and they said the only way it would be false is if the boy chromosome was hiding but that hasn't happened yet at their office. Well I probably will not go crazy shopping yet - but it's just fun to know what it is, and I'll probably give mom the go ahead on making the crib bedding with some pink accents. The room will be gray and white stripes on the walls so it's not like I'll be painting that all pink, but 99% is still pretty good. ;)

I didn't try the drug store version of the test - I did the wedding ring above the belly on a string as Roni suggested to us - And that said girl. And I did the Chinese gender prediction test, and that was girl too. This one http://www.parenting.com/chinese-gender-predictor/start

Try it out! Let's see if they are correct for you ladies!

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:39 am

Sylvia I did both those tests and got a split answer!

The ring says -girl

Chinese gender calendar-boy

We shall see!!

I'm officially 6 weeks today. Bummer since everyone else is so much farther along but really happy regardless! So the morning sickness isn't too bad. I haven't thrown up I just don't know what sets it off and I get caught off guard and I gag and dry heave. No fun what so ever. It happened at work on sat in front of my boss (who knows) and he started to laugh and was like "looks like something is happening" dork. I'm the only female trainer so the other trainers are oblivous but the females who work the front desk I think are getting curious.. I catch them starring at me funny like they can't put their finger on what's different even though I don't look pregnant.

So as long as I feel well we are telling relatives at 8 weeks which lands on labor day weekend!! Really excited!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby hopeful#3 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:52 am

So I tried that Chinese Predictor... and it said Girl, but I tried another one on a different site which said Boy... LOL! I don't know. Guess it is a waiting game for me. But I think that I will try the drug store one, just for fun. :D
Well, work is pissing me off already... So ready for the weekend!
hopeful#3

Postby chall » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:01 am

Angel and Sylvia - Yay team pink! How exciting for you both. I asked DH again over the weekend and he's still very much in favor of waiting for a surprise. So, looks like we are firmly team green. I'm ok with that.. I do really love a good surprise - what better one than finding out your baby's gender!

Roni - You aren't too far behind some of us! I'm just 7 weeks 1 day today.

Angela and Roni - Sorry the sickness is getting you both. Mine isn't so bad that I gag, just a general icky/queasy feeling. And once I eat it goes away. It definitely is weird to feel both nauseous and hungry at the same time... but that's how it feels.

Blaire - I also like middle names being family names (a bit of a tradition in my family), and would like for children to have their own first names. So, Dh has heard that argument. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell if he's just being stubborn to mess with me, or if he really really wants this name thing. Ah well, we have some more time to figure it out. I find patience works best with my DH.. he often comes around to my way of thinking if I just let things be ;)

AFM - Anxiously waiting for my u/s appointment Thursday morning. I'm so scared they will find the baby is not growing.. 8O DH suggested telling his parents yesterday when they were visiting, but I just don't feel ready to until I see how the u/s goes.
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Kissyten » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:40 am

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to barge in, but would you mind if I joined? I was never part if the SMEP TTC group, but I have followed you guys over there for the last couple of months (sorry if that sounds creepy). I was actually part of another TTC group and I am the only one who got a BFP so far, so I am feeling a little lonely over on this preg side. Me and BF did a sort of SMEP when we conceived... well I guess it was SMEP on steriods because we BDed alot more than every second day. I know I am further along than all of you, but I could be a great resource on questions and all that other stuff since I have been through alot of it already!!

I have already finished my ultrasounds and we are having a BOY! I knew by instinct it was a boy the whole time, so it wasn't a big surprise. The chinese calendar predicted girl, the ring on a string predicted girl, and that quiz you guys posted predicted 53.3% girl and 46.78% boy. The boy parts weren't hard to miss and we had it confirmed with two ultrasounds that he is indeed a he (and WHAT A HE according to the tech's).

Let me know if it would be okay ig I join... if not I understand. :)

Let me
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Kissyten - Of course you can join!! What's your name? :) - I don't blame you for stalking the SMEP TTC group - Haha I stalked them for a couple months two before I actually introduced myself. LoL They are an awesome group of ladies. And I did SMEP on steroids too as it got closer to my O-day! It will be great to have someone a little farther along. Congrats on your baby boy! That's crazy that all of the tests were wrong! So maybe it's just coincidence that mine were correct? haha Do you have a name picked out yet? When is your next appointment! Can you post a belly pic? What's your due date? LoL Sorry for the 20 questions, just getting to know ya! ;)

Carol - I'm so excited for your u/s appt on Thursday! I don't blame you for not wanting to tell your in-laws yet. I made my DH wait till 11 weeks to tell both of our parents. I was just too nervous. :?

Roni - Oh too bad your tests are split! I forgot what your DH secretly wants? ;) hehe

Angel - Can't wait to hear about your purchases! You will probably be exhausted after Babytopia but catch us up when you get a chance! ;) hehe

So I'm debating on whether or not to announce the gender with the pregnancy - We've already told a few people, but I kind of want to announce the pregnancy..and then announce the gender a couple weeks later. My DH is like "Why? what's the big deal?" LoL But it's kind of fun to draw it out a little haha

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kissyten » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Thank-you for the warm welcome Sylvia (I hope I got that right), it is going to take some time to remember everyones names. My name is Kristen. :) We are thinking of naming him Zachary Raymond... Zachary because it is masculine but still playful because we can call him Zach for short (plus I dont' know anybody by the name of Zachary that could ruin the name for me ;)) and Raymond is my grandfather and godfathers name. He passed away last year from Alzeimers and I miss him terribly. My grandparents always told me that as my godparents they will be responsible of not only looking over me while they are alive, but to watch over me once they have passed on. Since i'm my grandfathers only god child, that means he is looking over me full-time, which means he is also looking over baby too. What better way to thank him for this than to name our little guy after him. :) I have my monthly prenatal appointment tomorrow at 1:00 pm, but it won't be too exciting just the regular blood pressure, measuring, and hearing baby on the fetal doppler. I bought a fetal doppler online in my first trimester and got to hear baby's heart beat on it at 8.5 weeks (so when they do it at the appointment it's not all that much of a surprise), I love the sound of it and listened every second day and got to hear it grow stronger and stronger!! I don't use it at all anymore because I feel him kick all throughout the day now so there is no need to check on him. The doppler was a saviour until it felt movement because I had a early loss in December 2012 and was always really worried. I have a ultrasound on Thursday because they think I might have cycts on my kidney or maybe kidney stones, I am going to try and convince the tech to let me have another peak at the baby. I'm considered low risk so I won't get any more ultrasounds of the baby unless something goes wrong. My due date is December 7, 2013, so i'm having the best Christmas present I could ever ask for. :) Also, I am in the process of finishing my baby registry!! I am a first time mom, so I get to have a BABY SHOWER!! woo hoo, I can't wait!

I have attached the latest belly pic... this was taken today in the washroom at work (hahahahaha) I feel like I am HUGE for 25 weeks.

I will catch up with everyone else once I get home and have more time to read everyone's posts in detail. :)
Attachments
Belly Pic.jpg
(239.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups