SMEP sisters - it worked!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters - it worked!

Postby Blaire » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi ladies!

Great to find you on here! I looked in on the April 2014 due date page and still haven't gotten into it, I know Chall and roni are on there, but I'm happy over here w you all!

Guess I will be living thru all your appts as my first one is only on the 22! I had all the prenatal profile done last fall at my appt as I was planning to start ttc before my next annual. I hope it doesn't mean they'll do it all over again, but who knows!

My boobs have grown a lot as all my neighbours figured it out and dh can't stop staring at them! My bras already don't really fit too well already, not cool! Otherwise cramping/pulling if I turn over too quick in bed or after walking the pup.

So ladies I have a question, I'm 6 weeks a few days, or in my 7th week... How do you tell people or count yourself as? Always wonder as people do it differently.
Blaire

Postby Blaire » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:19 pm

How do you ladies put the little pics of progression? I made one on lily pie and it won't seem to work for me! :( mind you I'm always on my iPad so might be tougher :(
Blaire

Postby vswright34 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:29 pm

Blaire- I believe you go by your last period and just count from there. For example my last period was July 3. So I just count the Wednesday and that puts me at exactly 5 weeks today but it may change once I get a dating ultrasound because I ovulate later in my cycle.

As for the signature you have to go your control panel which you cab see closer to the top of the screen but below the "twoweekwait" logo and click on profile and signature and just copy and paste the code that lilypad gives you. Usually I don't know which code works so I click on it and then hit preview until it shows up.
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Blaire » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Got it, ya so I calculate according to last period and also w ovulation day and get a few days different. So I just put now march 30, instead of april 1 for now until i get my ultrasound done in 2 weeks (the 30 is also my birthday! So a lucky day :) ...I had some friends who were both due in June, one the 12 and the other the 15. One would say I'm 6weeks pregnant, the other would say I'm in my 7th week, and they would both bitch about eachother to me!

Alright bedtime, took a 3 hour nap this afternoon and am atill exhausted! Have a great night ladies!
Blaire

Postby Ibarrita » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Yay! I think I rounded up everyone - I invited Skinny too, but I don't think she has made it over here yet. So happy we can all chit-chat over here! :)

Angel - I feel like I'm a pretty boring prego lady because I have no food cravings, no food aversions, no M/S, :-p The one thing I do get are pretty bad cramps from time to time, and I have to lay down and ice (or heat) my abdomen. I'm hungry all the time, tired all the time, and have real sore boobs/nipps ever since my BFP. But other than those few symptoms, I'm feeling great. Trying to combat the hunger by eating protein snacks like cottage cheese, nuts, peanut butter, cheese stix, etc. It does seem to be helping to keep me full longer. I had a dream the other night that we had a baby girl - I don't remember much but turning to my dh to say "Then Ariana it is, babe!" haha So let's see what it is! I love your baby bump! I sure can't wait to find out what you're having! Funny the majority is saying girl! Hope you get your boy, like you want! ;) hehe Prego leg cramps? yikes! That doesn't sound fun! Cracked me up that you woke up for not one but TWO snacks in the night. Oh geez, as hungry as I am now, I can't imagine what I'll be like in 2nd tri! :rofl: I do have to get up all the time to pee now because if I try to ignore it I just have horrible cramps. Lol I used to ALWAYS sleep through the night, and i have a feeling the frequent potty breaks are just gonna get worse! Yay for feeling the baby! SO happy for you. I myself cannot WAIT to feel the baby! It must be such an amazing feeling. I really am looking forward to that. And I say Yes to breastfeeding, and No to cloth diapering. I just don't think I'd be able to wash out all those dirty nappies. Gag! :mrgreen:

Roni - Yes! I did the wedding ring test with my mom the other night! It said girl for me too! Let's see!! And girl, I'm always surfing baby stuff on Craigslist. Found an amazing modern looking bassinet today that normally retails at $400 and it was on sale for $100. Soooo tempting. I want something to keep the baby by our bed (not IN it) for the first few months so I don't have to walk all the way over to the nursery across the house. If you find a smoking deal, I'd say buy it! I, like Angel, have a rocker picked out that's like $400 bucks and another $200 for the ottoman. I wish I could just recover a Craigslist glider but I've had my heart set on this ONE chair from Target for like MONTHS before I was even prego. hahaha I know I'm crazy, but it's probably the one I'll end up buying.

Angela - Great job on adding the ticker to your sig! Now you need to figure out how to upload a pic of yourself. LoL Welcome to the group! So glad you found it! :) You know, you are the woman of experience here - I think the rest of us are just having our 1st child, so we'll be asking you about everything haha! I personally am so freaked out about birth but I keep it on the DL because everyone seems to think I'm crazy but honestly, once I found out I was prego, I was like Ok great, I've got it in me now, how do I get it out later?! hahaha It sounds so crazy but I am super scared about the birth part, the tearing, the pain, the blood. Oooooooo girl.

Chall - I haven't had a M/C but I totally understand how you must be feeling hesitant about buying things or planning much before 12 weeks. I too would hesitate to tell DH's parents and anyone else for that matter. I had to beg my dh to put off telling his folks and mine til 10 weeks, so really my family is JUST finding out about the pregnancy. And I felt like I had to keep it a secret for so long. Even when I went for my u/s at 8 weeks I was so super scared. One of my friends IRL and Lindsay (from our TTC group) had just lost their babies that week and my friend IRL was at 10 weeks, so I was really thinking about them and so nervous. My dr was like "Any questions before we do this U/S?" and I just stared blank faced at her like get on with it. She picked up on that right away and was like "Are you nervous?? Let's do this now, and we can go over questions afterwards." Boy was I relieved to hear the little heartbeat!! :hb:

Blaire - I always say the week I am on like today I'm 11 weeks and 1 day so I'd say 11 weeks - i wouldn't say 12 until I complete 12 weeks next Tuesday. That's how I do it anyway...:) Then again, I'm not really even telling many people about being prego so I haven't really talked to more than a handful of people about the weeks I'm on. I told my sister I was at 10 weeks last week and she said "Oh so you only have about 30 more to go." Lol And I said "But but but...That also means I'm 1/4 of the way done!" haha Gotta celebrate these accomplishments!

Hope everyone's doing well!! :0) Have a great night!
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:17 am

Sylvia- do you have your middle name picked out for your girl yet? We've decided on Ariana Lorelei. And our boy will be Benjamin Jude! We will call the boy Jude (too many Bens in DH family) and we will refer to Ariana as either Ari or Aria. I haven't had but boy dreams...but it could be because I want one so badly. HAHAHA. I really won't be disappointed in a girl either. As long as LO is healthy. My sore boobs/nips went away after 9 weeks.I'm so glad you've dodged most of the 1st trimester symptoms. They suck! LOL Ahh the uterus growing cramps...those dull down...but then you get RLP when you sneeze or cough..and it feels like your body is trying to rip itself apart. At least for me that's what it feels like. lol. They way I feel LO is like twitches and others in my DDC feel their LO like popcorn popping. I didn't have frequent potty trips in the 1st tri but lord do I now! I get up at least 4 times at night. The boys in my office pick on me all the time about how much I use the bathroom. I'm going to be brave and do cloth diapering...DH does most of our laundry and he said he won't mind picking up a few extra loads if it's something I really want to do :). I will also be breastfeeding. I love the fact that the breast pump i've picked out is covered 100% in full by the insurance company. Awesome perks of being a mommy! Also, thanks for rounding up everyone!

Blaire - I count the same way Sylvia does.

Roni - I'm almost HALFWAY and I'm just like 8O

Hope you all have a great day! I'll probably be off and on during work.
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Ibarrita » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:42 am

Angel - Ariana Lorelei is very pretty! I love it! Ours will be "Noemi" (pronounced No-a-me) - kinda sounds like yours! haha It's Spanish, and the name of my mother-in-law. I think it flows nicely. What does RLP stand for? I don't like the idea of my body feeling ripped apart. hahaha Oh the joys of being prego. Nice dh is going to handle the diapers for you - If mine would commit to that, I'd probably go for it too. I'm also lucky to have a man that helps out a lot around the house - dishes, laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc are all a team effort at our house. Love that. How do you find out if your insurance covers the breast pump? How do you even purchase it, send the receipt in or something? That's so awesome!

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby hopeful#3 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:18 am

Good Morning Ladies!

Blaire - I count the same way as Angel and Syliva. But I heard that most time they claim that if you are 6 weeks 3 days like I am that you are in your 7th week. I still count it as 6 until I actually reach the 7th week.

Roni - I am hoping that they give me an U/S on Monday. I know they will do the PAP, since my last one was in October of last year. And they will take all my blood (The first time they did that, I even asked the woman if it was necessary, and didn't I need my blood more than them! Of course I was also 20. :D) But since, I have two previous pregnancys with no complications, I don't know if they will give me one... I know they did for my son and my daughter. Go get that glider girl! Hell yeah, $80! I love Craigslist!

Syliva - Feel free to ask any questions. :D I don't think I consider myself a pro -- But you are right, I am on number 3, not my first. :D No real preggo symptoms for me either, except my bbs being sore (and bigger! :D YAY!) and the cramping like you. Sometimes, I worry about the cramping, because I didn't have this much with the other two, but I have to remind myself that every pregnancy is different. No MS or anything over here, I do get random nausousness... But nothing that has me running to the bathroom to throw up in the toilet. I feel you on the hunger pains. Bought a lot of healthy snacks and breakfast food for my office, and this morning, I was shaking by the time I got in because (I claim it is the baby) was so hungry!

Angel - I am opting for vaginal birth... But having done it twice, will not be going natural. :D With my son, I went into labor on Sept 15th, in the afternoon, I am guessing right after my doctors appointment. I actually ate Burger King after my appointment. I finally went to the hospital at 1 AM. And when I was there, they gave me NeuBain, which is a shot that is supposed to stop false contractions if you are not in labor. (I dont know why they did this, my due date was the 16th!) I was so doped up, it wasn't funny! They gave me the epi, and when I called the nurse to say I had to poo, they came in and said, nope you have to push. The doctor actually cut me (I know the medical term for it, but cant spell it!) so that I wouldnt tear, and my son was born at 12:58PM.
With my daughter, she was induced. The pain to me wasn't much different, but I did opt for an epi when the pain got to be too much. But one thing I did with her, that I didnt do with my son, was a relaxing bath! It was so comfy. I also asked the doctor to try not to cut me, if I was going to tear, it would be fine, but if we could manage without it, I would rather do that, since the healing was worse with the cut. (of course!) So although it took longer, becasuse they had to stretch out that area, I felt it was worth it.
With this one, I am hoping that I dont have to be induced. And I breastfeed both the others, so will be doing so again. Cloth diapers are a no-no to me. I couldnt do it, and since I do all the laundry, it is disposables for me! :D

Sorry for the long post... :D But there is a lot to be said! :D Have a good one ladies, and like I said, feel free to ask me any questions. I will share anything! :D

And Syliva, I will work on the picture thing!
hopeful#3

Postby chall » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:34 am

Good morning ladies :)

Sylvia and Angel - what pretty names you have picked out! DH and I haven't had any serious talks about names, but he's told me in the past that if it's a boy he wants it to be named after him. The naming thing in their family kinda creeps me out though.. my in-laws named their first baby after my FIL (so baby was the second D.L.H.), and then that baby passed away when he was about 2. Then they had my DH and named him the same name, so D.L.H. the third. For some reason I just find that creepy. But DH seems to really have his heart set on it, which would make our baby D.L.H. the fourth. Guess I better just hope we have a girl. :)

Blaire - I've been counting the weeks completed since LMP - so I'm 5 weeks and a few days now, 6 weeks on Sunday.

I really can't wait to hear a heartbeat. I think I will feel so relieved. I am not sure that will happen at my first appointment next week though. This is my first time, so I don't know what all the procedures are yet. The 6 week mark is also when I started spotting last time, which turned into a miscarriage. I'll be happy to get past that milestone safely :)

I'm still not really having any symptoms, I think I'm even more boring than you Sylva! Do pregnancy symptoms tend to run the same in families? If so, that's probably why I'm not having any. My mom said she had no symptoms for either of her pregnancies, other than her boobs getting bigger - but even that she didn't notice until the 3rd month or so. She didn't even have any idea she was pregnant with my sister until well into the 3rd month because she was still breastfeeding me. Her one symptom then was that coffee didn't smell good anymore (that hasn't happened yet to me). I know I should be thankful that I'm not suffering.. but still.. I'd like to actually feel pregnant..
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby vswright34 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:19 am

Wow I missed alot and I'm barely awake!!! i slept HORRIBLY omg.. My left calf had the worst cramps last night. I got up to stretch twice. I already had a weak bladder and pee alot so nothing really has changed in that sense but my boobies hurt soo bad.. I started wearing a thing yoga bra to bed (usually I let those puppies free and breathe at night lol) because they hurt if I move and lay on them wrong.

Angel- I unfortunately live in a condo so I don't have my own washer and dryer or I would possibly consider doing cloth diapering. We got lucky and a family friend owns our place ( the silicon valley is sooooo expensive to buy a house most people rent here) and will let me paint the rooms and decorate however I want plus we got a deal on rent. :D btw I love the names you have picked! I also want to breast feed but introduce a bottle early so dh can help with the feedings sometimes!

Sylvia- such a cute name!!

Hopeful- I forgot this is your third! I'm sure we all have a ton of questions for you 8)

Chall- not gonna lie I found it a tad creepy too... Hahaa sorry! Consider yourself lucky you don't have any symptoms.. This is week 5 and they are already kicking my butt!!

So really funny thing last night. I was talking to dh and telling him names I likednd said "well we might as well forget boy names cause I think it will be a girl" and he got some quiet.. And I finally was like " I knew it!! You did want a boy!" every time I asked him before we got pregnant he said he didn't care and now his true feelings finally came out haha BUSTED!! Nah I love him regardless haha

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:26 am

Sylvia - I forgot to include the pronunciation Lorelei is (lore-uh-lie). :) It's been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl and low and behold I marry a German man...so it fits! And I'm sure my MIL will appreciate us using her German roots as part of our naming process, since if it's a boy, it'll be named after every first male in DH family. lol. RLP= Round ligament pain...basically it's the ligaments around your uterus are already so stretched because you're pg that when you sneeze or couch they pull even more. Let's hope you don't have to deal with it! My DH is the same. Everything is a team effort in our house, though he sticks with dishes, laundry, and washing the poms because those are the chores he mostly enjoys. And it just so happens those are the ones I HATE! You can call your insurance provider. I think it's a federal law(i forget what it's called but I can grab you a link if you want to read up on it) that the insurance companies provide you with Breast feeding supplies, which also include a lactation consultant should you need one. We have to purchase ours from a medical supply company that is in our network and the company will send the bill to the insurance company. Most insurance companies require you to purchase through an approved supplier instead of somewhere like babies r us. But not to worry because most suppliers have the exact same breast pumps. We are going with the Medela one that costs a whopping $300!

Hopeful - Thank you for that info on labor and birthing! I'm sure I'll be coming to you for loads of advice.

Chall - That naming is a little creepy to me as well. GO TEAM PINK for you! LOL. The heart beat is amazing. I wasn't able to head our until our 12 week appt, and my OB couldn't get it on the doppler so I started panicking so she took me for an ultrasound and we heard it that way. I was so emotional. and DH was cheesing the whole time. I'm 17 wks and I still don't feel pg most days :( that's why I'm so ready to pop!

Roni - Girl I feel your pain both in sleeping and leg cramps. I hope it doesn't get worse for you like it has for me. I love my sleep and I miss it terribly. lol. Lucky you with the hook up in the condo! I also plan to breastfeed and introduce the bottle early so DH can help with feedings. He said that's one thing he absolutely can't wait to do is help feed LO. He's so excited and so cute. Thank you on the name compliments. I can't wait to see if we have a Jude or Ari in less than two weeks! 10 DAYS! DH has always told me he wanted a boy first and then during the TWW when I ultimately found out I was pg, he informed me, he really wanted a little girl because of the way he connects with my niece Anna. I connect more with my nephew Alex(well, it's our niece and nephew now..lol). I'm so used to calling them mine because it's my sister). Our dogs are the same way, he connects more with Nala our girl pom and Kovu is my little man. Either way, we will be happy because I always said I wanted a girl until I got pg then suddenly changed my mind to boy. LOL. Am I rambling and not making sense?

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby vswright34 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:47 am

Angel- its gotten bad.. Ugh called my chiropractor (who has worked with several pregnant woman and I use to work for him) to get in and see if he can help my back because I think my back is affected my leg to. And the adjustment will help with blood circulation too which is always a bonus!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby chall » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:42 am

I'm so relieved that you guys agree about the creepy naming thing! I can't really share this with anyone else, especially DH and his family.. glad you understand :)

Veronica - hope your chiropractor can help you feel better!
Angel - RLP does not sound fun. Something to look forward too, goodie.
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby angelfacexx » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:54 am

Roni - I wish I could go to a chiropractor...none in my area will touch me because of my scoliosis... :(

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Ibarrita » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:28 am

Angel - Was thinking it was lor-a-lee - Either way it's pretty but man if we both have little girls it'd be so cute for them to meet! Ur Ariana Lorelei and my Ariana Noemi. :D Thanks for the info about the insurance! That's pretty cool you're getting a $300 breast pump for free! Big ticket item! That's so cute your dh wants a little girl - So does mine! If we do have one I'm sure she will have him wrapped around her tiny finger. haha

chall - I've never heard of anyone naming their next baby after one that passed away! That IS kind of strange! But the whole naming after the dad is a mexican thing too. My FIL is Sergio and my husband's 1st name is Sergio (which i do NOT call him cuz that's just weird) and I was like I really hope u don't want to name our son Sergio, and he said no, thank goodness! lol yah let's hope your first is a girl! ;) hehe We are cheering for your sticky bean and will be there for ya through each of your milestones! :) I do think that symptoms are genetic cuz mom didn't have any M/S and neither did I. Sounds like you have a pretty painless pregnancy ahead of you! Sweet! Lucky for your mom she made it all the way through the two week wait, and first tri without knowing! haha that's just crazy! I know what you mean about wanting to feel the symptoms tho. Sometimes I just lightly press my bb's to make sure they are still sore. haha

Roni - So sorry to hear you slept so bad! Really hope your chiropractor can work out the kinks, yikes! :( That's so funny how you busted dh on wanting a boy. I think it's cute that he didn't want to say that, but deep down he secretly wants a boy first. hehe

Now I'm really excited to know what we are all having! haha It's going to be really fun to ride this journey out together!

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups