SMEP sisters - it worked!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters - it worked!

Postby hopeful#3 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:10 am

Carol! How cute is your LO now! :D Yay! You know what this means... my LO should look like that now too! I must live through your pics, since you get more than me! :D So keep posting away!
hopeful#3

Postby Ibarrita » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:16 am

Happy Friday, girls! Hope you have fun and/or relaxing weekends planned! :)

Roni - Gosh your sis sounds awful - Replying by saying "grudgingly accept"? Sheesh! what does her future finance think about it all? Does he support her in the way that she acts towards you?? Hopefully marriage will calm her down a bit.

Jenn - Well I don't watch HGTV because I don't have a TV! lol It's kind of a religious thing - that none of us really have TVs because it's a "time waster" and there's a lot of crap on there and all. But computers are just as bad now a days at robbing our time and I usually just watch shows on netflix or the tv channel's website. haha But I am definitely going to look up and see if there are any full episodes of that online cuz now you guys have me super curious! ;) I like your picture frame idea! cute! I heard that Burlington is like baby central (or baby depot I guess they call it) I have been meaning to go check it out but haven't quite made it there yet with all the craziness lately. I can't wait to hear about their reactions when you gift them the frames. How do you feel about his mom's reaction? I remember you saying at one point that she is kind of traditional...do you think it will go over well? Is she full Mexican or did she grow up in the states? I'm really curious to see how it goes with my Mexican MIL - They have a lot of crazy beliefs and stuff that are not really based on anything, for example, they don't usually cut a baby's boy's hair until he is 1 or it's bad luck. Like superstitious stuff. Hopefully we don't get into too many arguments. She was uber protective of my DH and his sister too - Not letting them play in mud, be in the sun, etc. I'm not going to be that way. :roll:

Kristen - So sorry to hear bout your back girl! I hope you can get some relief soon whether you spring for a massage or get your man to help you out. OMG! I super love your teaser pic! I can't wait to see more - Especially of your man, since you said it was quite the ordeal to get him to cut his hair and clean up for the pics. ;) LOL

Blaire - Good idea bout the massage school! I'll have to check out the ones here and see if they offer maternity massages! There was a mat massage on Groupon the other day but it was still like 80 bucks, included a 1 hour facial too, like I didn't really need that just give me the massage! hehe

Angel - How'd the house hunting go, girl!? Any luck!? I hope so! I love your BabyQ invite! Too cute!! It sounds like so much fun.

Carol - Ahhhh! Cute cute cute u/s pic! Love it's little tummy and profile. Adorbs! I cannot wait to see my lil' peanut again in about 10 days. yay!

Things are coming together slowly but surely for us! Furniture is being delivered today. Whoop!! And the nursery is painted, crib set up, bookshelf set up, and just waiting on the rocker!! I can't wait to show you ladies! But holy cow, I cannot wait to just veg out - Sit in my new furniture and watch episodes of Law and Order SVU while I eat a big bag of candy. HAHAHA DH was like "Wow, sounds like an exciting life." And I said, man I have had too much excitement lately, I just need to chill out! hehe Not to mention that I have to go to like my 5th or 6th baby shower of the year tonight! I've had it! Lol i don't even feel like planning mine. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kissyten » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:51 am

Blaire: Unfortunately, the student massage places here only do regular massage. I know because I actually took massage therapy in my early 20's and am technically a massage therapist.... if only I could massage my own back life would be perfect. :) Ugh I remember the bloated feeling at the beginning, it is the worst!! Keep trucking though because soon that bloat will turn to baby and life will be good again. ;)

Angel: How did the house hunting go? Good I am hoping. I saw the babyBQ invite you had up before you took it down and thought it was soooo cute!! Did you decide not to go with it and that is why you removed it? I can only imagine what kind of back pain you are in having scoliosis........ did the doctor give you any suggestions to help you with the pain? I have literally been living in the bath tub lately with lots of epson salt in it. It seems to be the only way I can actually sleep at night without being in extreme pain.

Jenn: How is the MS treating you now? I hope it is gone!

Carol: What a cute pic!!!

Sylvia: Yay for getting stuff done on the new house!! I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery! You are so organized to be getting ready for the baby already.... I didn't start with the nursery until later in the game and I regret it now because things take allloooot longer to get done. I started painting the pictures for the room over the weeeknd and I could only sit for maybe a hour at a time before my back was killing me... so I have only finished 1 out of the 5 I need to do. :( Good thing is my friend did one so now I have 2 finished and my BF said if I draw the little animal out on the canvas for him he will paint some aswell. Hopefully they get done soon because I can't wait to have everything finished!!

AFM: Back is still hurting, but like alot of you said it is not going to get any better. hahahahaha! We had our first "baby" class on thursday....... I sat down and literally had a panic attack!! It's like reality hit me (again) and I had to come to terms with the fact i'll be pushing a baby out of my girly bits..... eep! They showed us a birth video and poor BF went white as a ghost. I told him when it comes to "go" time he won't be anywhere near the gross stuff (he will be at my head only) so he doesn't need to stress out about fainting hahahaha! Also, every lady in the class was about a month ahead of me...... and I was one of the biggest ones there baby bumpwise..... either it was my small build from before or... i'm cooking the next guiness world record baby. ;)
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby skinnyk » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:34 pm

Guess who's back!!!! Hi ladies!

So I know. It's been a while. Like half a pregnancy... lol... Um.. I will give a catch up story, but first I just want to say congrats to all....and now I want to see who is in here and pee myself from the excitement. I have just been so busy, the best I've been able to do is the "what to expect" forums because they have a phone app. (And wow. Do those people suck.) So excited. I'm going to try to keep up a little better because I think my life is under control again enough I can totally participate. Eeeek! I bet there are new people here I didn't even get to know!
Big Sister 10/17/10
BFP June 14, 2014- EDD 20/21/14

[url]=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers]Image[/url]
skinnyk
Friend

Postby skinnyk » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Okay... anyone want to do the user name= real name breakdown for me? I skimmed the posts, but probably won't be able to actually catch up. But I want to stay on track from here on out. Or at least try! ha... And thanks for having the tickers! It makes it a little easier! :)

Sorry I didn't even log into my email to see my invite (from 2 months ago!) until today! Thanks Sylvia!

I Honestly only remember Sylvia (ibarrita?), Roni (vs?), and Angel... I think. Sorry.... I feel bad for being such a slacker.

Ok... So here's my little re-intro. Yes it's long... sorry. It's 3 months worth. :(

LMP was May 17. I got my BFP 2 days before father's day, but told DH on father's day. I had morning sickness from week 5 until....oh wait, still going. Heh! Week 9 I got a tetanus shot for nursing school and had a reaction to it that had me throwing up with a 102 fever for 24+ hours, then I got better and got intimate with DH and had some bleeding, enough to get all over the sheets. It was like a miscarriage flashback from hell and it was right after the scary fever that had me wanting to go to the ER, so after the bleeding, I went straight to the ER. There I got to see this little baby for the first time at 9 weeks, and instantly saw the little heartbeat before the doctor even pointed it out. So, then I finally got my insurance figured out, and called my Dr to get an appointment for my 12 week and to do the doppler heart beat, and his office staff told me they were not taking any new OB patients....even though he's my OB from DD. I bawled. lol.

So.. a few days later, my daughter decided to hide a screw driver in her diaper, and fell (I swear to you, this all happened in the 2 mins it took me to take the dog outside after she covered it with cinnamon...) anyway. The nurse practitioner that saw my daughter in the ER (second trip fro me in a week) was brother-in-law to my OB! So he called my doctor and got me an appointment since I couldn't get passed the office staff for scheduling! (Destiny..lol) I got my appointment and heard a healthy heart beat at 11.2 days, which is the point I miscarried at last time. So I felt very relieved!

Then the next day we had our moving truck loaded and moved from Idaho to Missouri. We got unpacked in my parent's basement, and I started the nursing program at school here. (I just finished my other associates degree the week we moved). Then my husband went back to Idaho for work and to wait on paperwork and stuff for the house sale (we had to short sale, boo....) and he is currently still there. So DH has been MIA since week 12 of this pregnancy, which has made for the biggest roller coaster of my life. My 2 yr old daughter and school and the morning sickness and exhaustion (second trimester honey-moon my ass...) have had me pushed to my limit. Or beyond. I have had a meltdown every night and seriously thought i would just drop out of school. But miraculously it only takes 4 hours of sleep each night for me to feel like I can do just another day...

And now I just booked my flight. October 11th I get to fly out to DH and drive back with him and the rest of our stuff, while DD stays behind. So this is our first "us" time since we got married, 4.5 years ago... Other than the quarterly dinner date night. No joke. I am way excited for our romantic 3 day roadtrip! lol. We get back on the 14th of October, and I got my anatomy scan scheduled for October 17th! I will be 22 weeks for the scan, but better late than never (I wanted to wait for DH to be here). So my daughter gets to see her new sibling on her 3rd birthday!!!

I don't know if we are going to find out the gender yet. I want it to be a surprise, but my husband wants to know the sex. So...being the bully I am, I told him he has to agree on a boy and a girl name before the scan, or we won't find out. So far, I'm winning. He hates discussing names, and hates everything I like. So... we may be team green the whole time! :)

I've been feeling baby move since 15 weeks, and I had a little bit of spotting a couple weeks ago and finally bought my own doppler, and i listen to the heartbeat once a day. Today we clocked in at 145 bpm. I keep referring to the baby as a boy, but not intentionally. But The baby is also stubborn (it will kick, and if I put my hand on my stomach to see if I can feel it from the outside, it stops kicking. Every time) so it may be a girl because it's stubborn like it's momma and sister. Heh.

Oh, and we have not announced our pregnancy. I wear baggy tshirts and no ones has figured it out yet. Close family knows, but that's it. I was planning on not announcing until Christmas cards, but it's getting really nerve-wracking keeping it a secret because I think someone will spill the beans soon. So we may announce after our scan on DD's birthday.

And my Grandma said it's a boy, because when i showed her the 13 week scan photo, she said it was a boy and that his "parts" were huge, and said that "that" wasn't in fact the umbilical cord, but his dilly. lol...

So that's what has happened in the 3+ months I disappeared for. Sorry. There were so many times I thought about your guys and wondered what's been going on! Honest! Hence why I'm back here! I looked back through the pages to at least see ultrasound pictures, and catch little bits and pieces here in there to know that there is some house hunting going on, appointments coming up, and parties to be had! Congrats to all, and I look forward to getting to know the half of you I don't know already! :D
Big Sister 10/17/10

[url]=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers]Image[/url]
skinnyk
Friend

Postby Ibarrita » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:06 am

Skinny! Welcome! Glad you finally found us! After all you have been through these past few months, I do not blame you AT ALL for taking a hiatus. Holy cow, chica! You are one busy gal! I'll try to do a breakdown for you: (and by the way, what is your real name again? I forgot!)

Ladies - Please correct me if I am wrong.

Kissyten - Kristen
hopeful#3 - Angela
lukyj - Jenn
angelfacexx- Angel
Chall - Carol
vswright34 - Veronica (Roni)
Blaire - Blaire
Ibarrita - Sylvia

Skinny - Wow, I cannot believe you haven't announced yet at 19 weeks! It'd be killing me to keep the secret that long! I am JUST starting to get a little belly so I'm sure I could have pulled it off longer, but I just couldn't keep it a secret! hehe So what happened to your daughter and the screwdriver incident? How scary! I mean, it sounds like she is okay, but did it actually penetrate her skin some? Poor thing! :( Crazy things kids will do, huh? Wow! Must be SO hard for you to be without DH and what a crazy change from Idaho to Missouri!! Such a long move, that's like me from Montana to Texas when I got married! It was quite the difference! Really hope you enjoy your roadtrip with your hunny, and so glad he is finally coming back with all ur stuff to be by your side! Sounds like you need the support, tough mama! And we are so close! Your EDD is only 5 days earlier than me, sweet! and oh yeah, that's hilarious what your g-ma said!! :rofl:

Kissyten - Man, I'm so sorry to hear about your back pain! Sounds miserable girl! Makes me want to just reach out and give u a virtual back massage! haha No really, I do hope you can find some relief somehow! :( lmao about DH turning white. I'm super freaked about birth too, but DH is a doctor so he is not scared at all, like not one bit. I'm like holy cow, please don't talk to me about it, cuz it's freakin me out! haha We haven't looked into those classes yet but we've still got some time. That's so sweet you are hand painting the pics for your baby room! I wish I was that talented! And that's very nice that your man offered to help you paint. I can't wait to see the finished product! I will definitely post some pics of the house later on this week. Right now I'm still kind of feeling disorganized and all. Each room has little things here and there that I need to fix, but slowly but surely I should have it all put together by the weekend. Then I will definitely share some pics, ready or not! haha

AFM, I hit 19 weeks today. 19 is kind of a boring number. haha I am excited to get to 20, 1/2 way mark! Woo hoo! And I am still not sure I'm feeling LO. :( Kinda worried about it but trying to be patient. I have a lot of g/fs that felt their babies at 18, 19 weeks. Maybe it's coming any day. Next week is the anatomy scan so I'm super pumped to see little Ariana again. Counting down the days...! The exhaustion is finally subsiding a bit. Last night I went home from work (barely made it home I was so sleepy) and crashed for 2 hours. It was so nice! Then I got up and made dinner and then watched a couple show premieres. Love fall when the shows all come back! Nice to finally sit down and not constantly be doing stuff on our huge To-Do list. :)

Hope everyone else is doing well. Angel - How did the house hunting go? Still dying to find out! :) Have a great day ladies!

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:13 am

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies...

I'm going to have to come back after work and address you all individually. I just wanted to give yall an update.

Last Wednesday we found a house! It's perfect and just the right size and has everything on our wish list and even some extras! We put in an offer yesterday morning and gave the sellers until 5PM EST to respond..so I've been on pins and needles about that. Then just now I'm sitting at work going through the jail list to see how many clients have been in there longer than 90 days and my phone starts ringing....I glance over and it's my OB office. My heart dropped...I took my glucose test last week and was told they would only call if something was wrong...As my luck would have it I failed the test..and have to go next week for the 3 hour, fasting test. I won't be able to eat or drink anything for 12 hours?!?!!!! I'm going to be very very very grumpy. I think I mentioned that I would be going on a babymoon with DH to see CATS! in NC next week...turns out DH can't go..so I had a backup and now my backup has told me she also can't go. DH doesn't want me driving 5 hours by myself at 26 weeks pg. So hopefully I find someone on short notice. We also have two trial weeks at work this month and our receptionist is going out of town for a week. I also have to get everything ordered and prepared for the shower. Girls, send me some positive vibes. I need them. I feel like all I've done is complain. Falling, failed glucose test, house hunting, failed babymoon, work....MAH!
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Blaire » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Good evening ladies,

I hope everyone is doing great, hope everyone's backs are finding some relief w massages from dh or a cheap deal at a salon or something.

Skinny welcome back, I also forget your real name! Sylvia I think you got them all right (at least in my recollection it is!) that's quite the stories you have, I'm happy it all seemed to work out in the end, very scary for you and your dd as well. Keeping positive thoughts for an uneventful next few months!

Afm, nothing really new except the last few days I haven't felt the need to have a nap to get through to dinner! Very happy about that. I also went out and bought a winter cost, we have like 1 maternity store here and apparently they sell out fast and w all the running around I do w work wasn't sure I'd make it in mine that I have now, or in one of my dh (wouldn't look to professional). Boobs are still aching, I hope that goes away soon. Bloating is still on and off.

Have a great night ladies!
Blaire

Postby skinnyk » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Thanks for the name breakdown! :) I'm Kendra,

Sylvia- You never know, you may have your baby a week early or two early, and if so then you ARE at the halfway point, that's excited about week 19! And DD was fine. She took a half inch laceration to the genitals, and it didn't bleed much, but I was worried about an open wound getting infected since poop sometimes gets up where is was, because she's still in diapers and has mushy poo often (tmi..lol). So the verdict was no stitches, and it healed so fast and she was afraid to poop for 2.5 days so that was a blessing! (though not normally)

Angel- Bummer on the glucose test! I was one point over with my first and it was seriously so freaking upsetting, because I swear I had not been eating any sweets or junk! But since I was just barely over and my Dr. was a really relaxed guy, he said it was up to me to take the fasting test or not. I declined! Everything was fine! Good luck with the test though. Sorry you have to starve. That would suck because I'm still puking if my stomach gets even slightly off-kilter!

Blaire- Good to meet you! So what month months were you in the SMEP group, I may remember you if I was popping in a little bit. I mostly remember people by their cute pictures they had! Only a few names stuck with me, obviously... lol. AND HOLY CRAP.. I didn't even think about a coat while pregnant. Thanks for the heads up! Lol.. I had my last LO in the fall before we made it to coat season...but I'm going to be huge right in the middle of the coldest months! Ha.... fun stuff!

Today my SIL started texting me about not finding out the sex our the baby, like "why, are you sure, can you survive, etc etc etc" Yes. I can survive. It is my preference. And yes. I am fully aware that this will drive everyone else crazy more than it will me! Lol...which is 40% of the reason I WANT to not know! hahaha... I'm so evil.

So...Who has names picked out, and who knows gender, and who has their dates set up to find out gender? Do tell!!! (even thought I'm sure you've already all discussed this stuff. :( sorry.... But we all know we love gushing about our babies!)
Big Sister 10/17/10

skinnyk
Friend

Postby lukyj » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. I've been soooo exhausted. I've found energy to read, but no energy to type :( I have a headache now and don't feel like doing anything. I didn't even cook myself dinner. I don't know what I'm going to eat. Forgive me if this only touches on a few things.

Sylvia, I can't wait to see some pics! Yay for the almost halfway mark, thought I feel like I may have said that already. Bf's mom was raised in Mexico. She is very catholic traditional, but I don't think in any of the things you described. Besides, there would be no way that my baby boy would not get a hair cut if his hair started getting long. I am a little worried that his mom will not take it well that we are having a baby. She will have to accept it though. That will be her grandchild. Yeah Burlington has a Baby Depot. Seems like a great place to buy baby clothes. You mentioned not having a tv, so do you watch the fall premiers on the computer too?

Kristen, haven't had but those few bouts of nausea. I just hate brushing my teeth in the morning. Sorry your back is not getting better. Poor DH having to watch that video. He will be ok.

Hi Kendra, I'm Jenn. Sorry about your crazy ordeal. I hope life settles down for you. How exciting the road trip with your hubby! I can't believe you haven't spilled the beans either! That is will power. I have been dying to tell my mom! I'm 9 weeks today. I want to find out the sex when the time comes. "I" have a girls name picked out, but I am going to struggle horrendously to find a boys name. The girls name I've decided on is Josephine Mae. The other name I was thinking about was Madeline Josephine. But I think I am more partial to the first one. Josephine was my grandmother. She died when I was a baby. May is the month BF and I reconnected after 17 years, and the month holds a lot of significance for him in his life events too. It just seems fitting. I have another OB appt next tues and will have another dating u/s. I'm hoping to hear the hb next week!

Angel, congrats on finding a house! I hope they accept your offer. Sorry about the glucose test :( No bueno.

Blaire, glad to hear your exhaustion is waning. I wish mine would! I feel like I'm at the height of it right now. I still haven't had ANY boob discomfort. I can tell they are bigger though. They are almost spilling out of my bra. I hope my boobs stay this uneventful.

Not much else going on. Exhausted, starving. Nuff said.
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby vswright34 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:17 am

Good morning ladies!

I have missed you all! I just so much going on that I needed a breather..

I have read everything so i will post more individual comments later. Sorry :/

Had my NT scan yesterday at 12w2d. Baby looks great just a wiggle worm. Once again dance around the US so the tech had to chase the baby down. Haha we got a couple of good pics but aren't too clear since well the child wouldn't stay put. I have to go in for blood tests today to confirm baby is healthy and then i have an appt next week to go over it all. Oh ya MS is gone yay!!

Got some rough news from my parents last week that because of my dad's job he has to relocate indefinitely starting Jan. They will be moving to South Korea, which is great for my mom since all her family is there and she never got to see them but it also means that they will miss the baby shower and most likely the birth since babies don't always come when you want them to. So i have been taking it really hard because i am extremely close to them.

Well that's all for me. sorry to be a downer, hope everyone has a great day and i will post the US later.
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:41 am

Hey lovely prego gals! Hope everyone is doing well - All our LOs seem to be doing great! :)

Angel - Congrats on finding a home that fit all ur needs and more! Now, did they accept your offer? Let us know! Hope you are now signing paperwork and waiting for it all to process so that you can move in! Fx! Bummer that you failed your glucose test - Hope those 12 hours pass by really quickly. Maybe you can jam your schedule with lots of things so you can distract urself and not think about it too much. So sorry to hear that your babymoon with DH didn't work out. Did you ever find someone to go with you last minute? I too have been bummed lately thinking I won't get to go on a babymoon as I always figured I'd go somewhere. We usually take at least 2 vacays a year - one in May and one in October, but now I can't help but step back and look at the big picture and see how blessed I really am. New house, new furniture, everything I want for the nursery, and am thankful I can save $ for maternity leave now. I think I'll be happier not having to pinch pennies during that stressful adjustment time rather than take a 5 day trip to some exotic locale. I only get paid about 2.5-3 weeks out of the 9 weeks I will most likely take so we'll need to have some cash stashed fo sho! I really want to go to Costa Rica next year, we'll either take the baby or leave her with Mom/MIL while we go. Hope it works out. :) Hopefully you can still get away with your DH for a little weekend trip or something, but if not, I'm sure you'll be really busy moving into one house or another soon!

Kendra - I'm having a baby girl - We already have a name picked out - I'm kind of prego twinnies with Angel as we are both having baby girls and both naming them Ariana - Different middle names though - Mine is Ariana Noemi (<--middle named after my MIL.) We both like white/gray for nursery and both like elephants. haha I think I got all that right anyway.

Jenn - Yes I do watch all the premieres on my computer - Find em on cbs.com/abc.com/cwtv.com/etc. :) - It's almost time for your reveal! How exciting! I am also excited for next week as I have my 20 week anatomy scan and I can't wait to see my little mango baby. (tho' she'll be a banana by then. hah!) I feel ya on the exhaustion. I was hoping it'd go away by second tri but this dead awful tiredness comes and goes for me. Everyone asks how I'm doing and I'm like " Tired and hungry. ALWAYS." hahaha Guess I am lucky that's all I experience but last night I was really getting sick of it I mean i had one of those days at work where I couldn't keep my eyes open, I even laid down in the nasty bathroom to rest for like 10 mins :( - Then I went home and napped for an hour and got up not even feeling like I slept a wink. I texted my man and said "I'm zapped, let's meet at a restaurant for dinner" Lol It's rough! I like your name you have picked out - Josephine - you could call her Josie for short! ;) I wonder if your MIL would wanna call her Josefina? hehe

Roni - So glad your u/s went great! Would love to see pics of your LO! I'm so happy for you that your M/S is gone too! Yay! What a bummer that your parents are moving away. That's so far too! :( - Do you think they will get to visit very often? Thank goodness for Skype, but I know it's not the same. My parents live like 28 hours away so I feel like it's a world away too. :hugs: Do you have any plans for your FB reveal? :) When do you think you'll do that?

Angela - How the heck are your chica? Update us! You surviving with ur two jobs and all? Has your co-worker gotten prego yet? The one that was TTC at the same time as you? You should post some pics of ur bump!

Hope everyone else is doing great. AFM, I'm going to RELAX this afternoon. Holy cow, I can't wait. I'm not going to let myself do any house projects, just chill. Hope you guys have an awesome weekend!

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:23 am

Happy Friday girls! Hope everyone is going to have a relaxing weekend!

Sylvia - Hhaha we are totally twinies. I've dialed back the elephants as the main theme for the room, and I'm using them as accents now. :) I'm glad you're finding time to relax! Have you and DH broken in the house yet? ;) bahaha. I hope the 12 hours pass too. I can't eat anything past midnight and my appt is first thing in the morning at 8:15 but I won't leave the office until 12. Nothing to eat or drink in those 12 hours besides the drink. ICK. Between midnight and 12pm I usually have two midnight snacks, breakfast, a mid morning snack, and then lunch at 11:15. I did find someone to go on the "babymoon" with me. My cousin who used to live with DH and I while she was settling in after a nasty divorce. It will be nice to reconnect with her. Hey at least you're getting some maternity pay. I get nada. LOL. I really have had to step back and appreciate what I've been blessed with lately as well. I was feeling like a debbie downer for the past two weeks but now I feel like I'm rounding the corner back to being sane again. Damn pregnancy hormones! LOL

Welcome back Kendra! - Man you sound like you're even busier than me! And I didn't think that was possible! I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out for you guys!

Jenn - Love the name you have chosen! I'm sorry you're exhausted that will hopefully go away soon!

Roni - Yayyy for u/s's! I can't wait to see my little bean at the end of october again! I haven't seen her in what feels like forever! Stoked for you that m/s has disappeared! I hope it doesn't come back for the rest of your pregnancy. I'm sorry your parents are having to relocate. I hope they will be able to still attend the birth at least..and if they miss it I'm sure having them in town a few days later will be way better than not having them come in at all. Don't worry about being a downer. We all are on rollercoasters of emotions right now. We're all here to listen. We all have our days...in my case it's been a few weeks instead of a day of complaining and stressing lol

:hi: everyone else! Hope all of your beans are cooking. I'd like to know everyone's due date. Just so I can be all Type A and write it on my planner.

AFM - We are officially under contract! I cannot believe it! We got the house for 10k under asking and we did not think that was going to happen. Seller is also going to repair things we requested (we haven't had the actual home inspection yet, but if there are more repairs we will request those as well). Seller is also going to transfer over the termite bond, and include a home warranty. DH and I feel like we got a great deal! Projected closing date is Nov. 15...Which is perfect because our lease is up Dec. 1. Gives us time to paint the new place and deep clean it and then clean up the rental and get our deposit back! SCORE! Now the on edge part..waiting for everything to process. No furniture purchases until after we close or any other large purchases.

I have a horrible head cold and keep sneezing up a storm at work. HA. I'm sure our receptionist up front thinks I sound like a foghorn. I think DH and I will be going to Savannah this weekend to attend Oktoberfest. Should be fun. Will have to restrain from purchasing things.

Babyshower invites were mailed this morning and RSVPs are due on the 18th. After that, it's time to start making smore kits and getting tables and chairs together.

I've attached a 25 week picture. I'm ready to round out. Ari was sitting very high when I took this. She is normally chilling out on my bladder. LOL
Attachments
1381468_10151597969627371_1437224966_n.jpg
1381468_10151597969627371_1437224966_n.jpg (50.32 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby skinnyk » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Jenn- I totally get the no energy thing. I would rather conserve energy than feed myself, which sadly means my baby is eating all of my nutrients! It's a vicious cycle really.. lol. Belly belly is growing, but my weight is staying the same. And I agree with you on likeing the first name better! For my first daughter, I had Madilyn picked out, but instantly went against it because DH's aunt got excited and said "Oh I could call her Maddy!" And I personally hate the name because I worked in the nursery at my church and there were sooooo many maddy's!!!!! So Josephine all the way! And Mae is cute. DH's family has the Kae or Mae thing going on as for middle names of the girls. I actually want to name a boy after my grandfather, who died when I was 4 because I was a grandpa's girl, but my husband does NOT like the name Fred for a baby.

Roni- I am jealous your morning sickness is gone :-P Lol. I still have mine, but I actually don't mind too terribly. With my first my morning sickness didn't even start until week 12 and went until week 20, so I thought with this one when i was sick at 4.5 weeks I would be over it by the second trimester like most people are! But anyway, that's some big news about your parents! That does sound like a major bummer! My mom missed my baby shower and the birth. I planned to be induced and her flight was going to come in even 10 days before my due date, and I had my baby 12 days before my due date. But she was far more upset than I was, lol! But South Korea is so far away! Will they be coming back for holidays and such?

Sylvia/Angel- lol, I totally thought I was crazy because I thought I saw angel refer to her baby as Ariana, then I saw you said that and I thought I must have mistaken so that's why I asked about names already picked out! I'm not crazy after all! lol... It's a cute name. Are you both pronouncing it the same? Are-ee-ahna, air-ee-ahna, are-ee-anna? Just curious... Oh, and cute picture Angel! You wear you bump well! :)

My update: I am now past 20 weeks! Woo!!!! I bought my plan tickets, and booked my hotel rooms! I arranged for my Grandma to watch my daughter, and I am ready for a road trip! Almost. I have 2 finals this week, and 3 other tests, so I have to get through all that first. And a couple nights ago I woke up with a blazing migraine like I have never even imagined and ended up going to the doctor for it because I sort of had to make it go away so I could do crazy things like feed my daughter and get up to pee. So my OB put me on narcotics, which I was kind of scared of because I don't want my baby to become dependent, but I hurt bad enough that I told myself a few pills really would do any harm. But It was still scary. That migraine was far worse than child birth ladies. So if you've ever had one where you thought you were having and aneurism and hemorrhaging, then you should know that child birth won't hurt as bad! :) lol...

Well I think I will get on a few more times this week, but if you don't here from me for a while don't worry. I will for sure make it on after my next scan on the 17th. Does anyone else wish there was a phone app for this? I would be on it all the time if they had one!
Big Sister 10/17/10

skinnyk
Friend

Postby Kissyten » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:51 am

Hi Ladies.....

I am so sorry for being MIA....... and i'm sorry I don't have time for personals right now.... I have had a really bad week.

I was having contractions on Tuesday night, and they were exactly 5 minutes apart but didn't hurt that much. I went to the Labour and Delivery at the hospital because well I was having regular contractions....... they hooked me up to the monitors and baby's heart rate was awesome and they confirmed I was indeed have very regular contractions.... they did a internal chack and said my cervix felt closed, but they were unsure (I have a really really high cervix apparently). The contractions then started to progressively get more painful and they started giving us information regarding being transferred to another hospital because they are better set up for baby's being born at 31 weeks......They decided to give me a shot of morpheine and see if a night of being monitored and sleep would help and sure enough it did (thank goodness!!). I woke up in the morning and the contractions went from being regular to being irregular, they checked me again and there was no change to my cervix and the contractions I was having weren't painful (just felt like tightening). They sent me home and told me to rest (I was in the hospital for about 16 hours in total). I then had a ultrasound on Thursday and they confirmed that my cervix is within average length for women who are not in pre-term labour... so they marked me as being low risk for going into preterm labour (again thank goodness) Little Zach is doing well.... he is about 3 pounds one ounce and looked so big on the ultrasound! He is head down (yay!) and actually has his head resting directly on my cervix waiting to come out! I made them confirm (again for the 3rd time) he is still a boy and got to see his little twig and the sac for the berries.... he moved while we were looking and I saw it all jiggle, which made me giggle. I can't wait to meet him when he is fully cooked of course. I then had a doctor's appointment on Friday and she confirmed that I still have a low risk pregnancy and everything looks good with baby, uterus, cervix, etc. I am still having contractions, but she said it is because I have a irritable uterus..... which i'm pretty sure is not a medical term, but whatever. She wanted me to stay off work, but I fought her about it because 1. Stress doesn't cause pre term labour 2. I am still low risk 3. everything with baby looks fine 4. I sit at a desk all day! It doesn't make sense for us to be in the poor house when everything is okay with the pregnancy. So yeah..... i'm back at work (I WIN!!), but under the promise I won't over exert myself.

.......Unfortunately, there is more to my bad week.

Yesterday was my baby shower, which was awesome! My sister and mother did a great job and about 19 people showed up! It was awesome to see everyone and we got soooo spoiled! I will post some pictures later when i'm feeling up to it.

On my way back home from the shower my BF called me in a panic... he said my cat just fell of the table and he went over to her to see if she was okay and she just meowed once and stopped breathing... There was nothing he could do and she was gone. I met him at the emergency vet and they confirmed she had passed and we decided to cremate her and have a paw print done so little Zach (and us of course) could have a memento of our beloved little princess...... I had her for 10 years and I rescued her from the SPCA... she was about 2 years old when I got her and was taken away from previous owners due to severe animal cruelty. In the 10 years I have had her she has been my right hand woman... she sat by me for hours when I was studying while in university, sits by me when i'm I take baths, sleeps by my side every night, and was always there for me when I was sick or upset. I honestly don't know what i'm going to do without her and have been a complete wreck since last night.... I kept reaching out to touch her last night only to be devasted when I only touched sheets and mattress. The vet said they think she had a heart attack or stroke, so it was sudden... I guess it is good that she did not suffer, but I wish I could have said goodbye.

well.... sorry for being such a downer..... thanks for listening. I will be back probably in a couple of days when i'm emotionally stable and actually take part in the conversation.
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups