SMEP sisters - it worked!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters - it worked!

Postby vswright34 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:14 am

Hello my beautiful preggo eggos!!! I have missed you all. I swear my life should be on reality tv!!

Blaire- I wanna know where you got the jacket too!! I have to go to Oklahoma for my sister's wedding in Nov and I just started noticing my tummy starting to come out but it's very barely noticeable just need to be prepared!

Sylvia- your place is gorgeous!!! I love it!! I was actually going to buy a couple sample paints today and put some squares up so I can decide what I can live with. We are doing green which is neutral. And a jungle theme :)

Kristi- LOVE your maternity pics and your baby bump!! So precious! My dh would totally do a pose like that!

Carol- I cant imagine doing a bathroom renovation right now!!

Afm well where do I start?!
Well a couple weeks ago my sister apologized and we cried it out and this was the first time in 6 years that we have actually talked and it was great! And two days ago she asked me to be a bridesmaid to her wedding... I was FLOORED!!! And accepted :)
So about the baby gender my doc does not do an elective scan.. I will not find out until my anatomy scan between 18-20 weeks. Haven't scheduled it yet but it will be close to thanksgiving. We have also decided to invite my in-laws to the appt since I don't want them in the delivery room I wanted to give them something personal and intimate with this pregnancy to :)Btw it is killing me not knowing!!!

Anyone else get round ligament pains? Holy crap! Soooo painful!! Everyone move slowly so you don't have to experience that lol

I think that's everything. I know I forget to post my ultrasound pics from 12w so ill make sure to do that today!!

Love you ladies and for those out of the first trimester congrats!!! Jen you'll be there in no time!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:21 am

Here is the best shot of my wiggle worm!

And here is stretching baby

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby chall » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:57 pm

Roni - Yay for pictures! :) My baby was a major wiggle worm at my 12 week u/s too. The tech basically got one good shot to print off for me. And yea.. basically most of my upstairs is a renovation in progress. We have 4 bedrooms up there and 2 bathrooms (one is in the master bedroom). When we bought the house we thought we'd be super efficient and totally redo the 3 non-master bedrooms and the non-master bathroom before we moved in. Um.. that was a year ago. 2 bedrooms have new flooring and paint and window coverings, and are mostly done, but the third one required some structural repair from water damage from a leaky window (which was replaced), so it still has no flooring, a big hole in the wall, and needs paint. All 3 bedrooms need their closet doors painted - and those are all sitting in the upstairs hallway propped against the walls. And the hall bathroom renovation (going to totally gut and redo) basically hasn't been started. The thing that saves my sanity (mostly) is that our bedroom and attached bathroom is right at the top of the stairs so I don't have to walk through the mess to get to my bed or shower! DH knows we HAVE to finish the upstairs before baby arrives. No way I'm navigating through that with a newborn. Me getting pregnant has finally given him a for-real deadline :wink:
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Blaire » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi ladies,

Here is the link, I got the first one, belted frost free (but it's currently out of stock) I won't know till end of month when it arrives howit fits as my friends aunt will be bringing it across the border!

http://www.oldnavy.com/products/materni ... r-sale.jsp

Sylvia, love all the rooms, looks like you guys are moving right along w finishing the house. Where did you get your glider and ottoman ? Love the grey pattern. That would be nice to go back to Mexico for the pics as its a special place for you! I'm still undecided about pics, I haven't even take one yet of my belly. Think I should start!

Carol, Just keep eating well and don't worry stress also doesn't help. Are you doing any workouts, even walking or aqua fit? To keep moving? Wow you guys are brave w a big Reno, I hope things get completed, my hubby has big plans always and he still hasn't finished crown molding started 5 years ago! It's ridiculous. I won't let him start new projects before the old ones are done. I don't think a white crib is girly, we just got one as I plan to use an antique dresser (very beat up but beautiful oak) from the early 1900's as a changing table and then redo another piece to use as a closet (as the room we are using for nursery has an awkward walk in closet w angled ceiling and is perfect for my work product storage so I won't use it for baby!) so firmware white is the only one that would work. I tried to find an affordable iron type crib but couldnt.

Roni, love the pics. And soooo happy to hear you and your sister had a good cry fest and got it sorted out. Hopefully she keeps up this new outlook and realizes how important you are and your family is! I am having pain, often she. I turn over at night but feel it if I'm in my car too long etc. my sister made me fee, like a drama queen asi told her about it and she said "I felt none of it, and had no bloating and didn't start to show until 20+ weeks" I told her flat out Im also a lot smaller (skinnier) then her, so it shows a bit more. I felt bad but she had major attitude about it, and I had just spent all day cooking thanksgiving dinner for my whole family!

Kristin! Love the pics, you look amazing! (as does father to be). I can't believe you gained 40 pounds, does not seem like it! You look so awesome in each one!! Makes me feel better not sure what my eight gain will be. I'm trying to be good, but sometimes it's so tough!

Had another client guess about my bump yesterday, she is someone I don't see often but the last 2 weeks I've been by a few times. She admitted she did t want to ask me in case I'd just gained weight but then yesterday said she really was convinced it was a baby bump. Guess it will be even harder to hide next week at a bunch of very important appointments w major clients. Hope it rounds out a little bit more.

Hope everything is going great for everyone else!!

:)
Blaire

Postby lukyj » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:16 pm

Ladies, I'm so sorry I haven't posted in what feels like forever! Forgive me if I miss a lot.

Sylvia, I love the pics of the house! I love the way you decorated, and I actually like the overly fancy chandelier in the laundry room :) Glad you were able to buy some clothes. Right now I'm just looking like I'm getting fat around my belly. I can't wait until I start popping.

Blaire, I have been eating more frequently but I haven't been gorging on food. I'm def not eating for two, but I am eating. I measured my waist on Monday and I put on an inch but my weight stayed the same over last week.

My recollection of the circumcision conversation is fuzzy, but my take on it is that bf and I agreed that if we have a boy, we will not circumcise. My bf isn't and I love his penis (is that wrong?) I think as long as we teach him on the importance of keeping himself clean, our baby boy will be just fine. My bf is very clean. I think it's so funny about (whichever of you's nephew it was) that gave his opinion about it. It's nice to get a kids opinion.

I am not missing my period at all! She can stay away for all I care.

Kristen, I love your pics girl! You and your bf are so cute! You absolutely do not look like you gained 40 lbs. Where are you located? I don't have any feeling one way or the other about what I'm having yet. Maybe in a few weeks I will start to feel more?

Roni! So happy that you and your sis made up. I hope it stays that way. How cute is your little wiggler?!!!

I have not told my mom yet. I actually just shipped out the frame I made for her, today. She should get it Friday so that night we will video chat with her as she opens the package. She thinks I bought her something. She told me to make sure I get it insured, LOL. Here is a pic of the frame I sent her. The pic in the frame is not mine. I took the pic before I put my pic inside. I'm still feeling pretty good. Only trouble is brushing my teeth in the morning. I am starving all day long and always tired. A new problem I've developed is I haven't been able to have the big O during sex. The last 4 times now this has happened, er, not happened. Sucks. I have always been able to when we have sex. I hope this changes in the next few weeks. Well ladies, I have to get to bed. I have to work at 6am. I will try to not stay away so long next time! I'm so glad that everyone is doing well!!!
Attachments
IMG_1693 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1693 (640x480).jpg (190.77 KiB) Viewed 1566 times
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby angelfacexx » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:56 am

Hey girls! Whew, I feel like I've been gone forever! Just a few quick updates on my end then I'll address everyone individually. I had my 2nd glucose test last wednesday. I was MISERABLE. The drink was twice as sugary and I almost got sick twice during the wait. Luckily DH had the day off and was able to baby me in the Dr. office. Wednesday afternoon we had the house inspection...and other than a few very minor things, everything was good to go. Sellers are going to fix the minor things such as replacing some insulation, replacing some missing shingles...nothing too big. I will tell you what though...getting approved for the mortgage is proving to be a pain in the ass. We had a pre-approval..now we're waiting on a conditional approval, and then from there we will get the final approval. It also looks like because it took the us to a week to get under contract that we have to push back closing a week. I hope we can still stay on track for Nov. 15th. I'm ready for the process to be over with. I'm paranoid we won't get financed and then would have wasted over $800 on home inspection and appraisal. I haven't heard back about my glucose test yet..it's been over a week so I'm just going with no news is good news at this point. I went to North Carolina this past weekend to see CATS! It was a fun trip but shopping for maternity picture clothes was a huge bust. Nothing looked good or cute. It was awful. And now it seems like my stomach is shrinking instead of growing. So weird.

We've been getting a few RSVPs for the shower...which is in two weeks...time is flying by. I wish it would slow down a little. I have so much to do before we move and even more after we move. I also hate living in a small town, finding tables and chairs for 50 people is proving to be even more difficult. Ugh. I am according to a few apps on my phone officially in the 3rd trimester. I can't believe I only have 12 weeks and 5 days left. Next wednesday I have the day off for my 4d ultrasound. I'm really excited about it.

Sylvia - Yay for breaking in the house! I hope there's time for DH and I to season our new place. muhahaha. I love all the pictures you posted and your laundry room is too stinking cute. I definitely do not miss AF. I'm hoping even after pregnancy that I'll be able to keep her at bay for a few months while I breastfeed. I'm so excited you finally felt movement! Isn't it amazing. It's one of my favorite things about pregnancy. I'm sure once she starts kicking my ribs it will be a different story. I also check over on the SMEP group a good bit and hardly anyone posts anymore. I miss them all dearly and still wish the best for them everyday. Ari is looking so adorable!

Roni - I'm glad you and your sister have finally made up. And yay for being a bridesmaid! My OB wouldn't give me an elective scan either and I had to wait until 19 weeks. I can't wait until you find out what the gender is! It's so exciting! Your little bean is so cute!

Carol - whew! Here I am complaining about the house buying process and moving..and you have a mini construction zone! DH better hop to and get it all tidy! Time is flying. I'm jealous of all the u/s you get to have. The one I have next week will probably be the last one before I have Ari. I haven't seen her since 19 weeks so I'm really excited! White furniture isn't too girly in my opinion. I prefer white simply because it brightens a room. I'm a huge sucker for light and airy rooms.

Kristen - Girl your pictures are super duper cute! I don't think I'll even look PG come time for my maternity pictures...which are in two weeks..I'll be just shy of 30 weeks. I don't know what happened, last week my belly was huge and this week I look like I did when I was 20 weeks. Such a bummer. Oh shiiiii, about the L&D scare. I'm glad everything has calmed down. I cried reading about your kitty. My pom babies are my world and I would be absolutely devastated to lose one of them. I get way more emotional about animals than I do over humans.

Jenn - Love the frame! I can't wait to hear about her reaction! You're almost at 12 weeks! How exciting!

Blaire - Love the coat! I wish I could justify getting a maternity peacoat..but I live in the south and be time it actually gets cold enough I probably won't be pg anymore. More people have been brave enough to ask me if I'm pg now as well. I usually wear blouses to work that aren't figure hugging so when I do occasionally wear a shirt that it more form fitting more people are prone to asking.

How is everyone else? I hope I didn't miss anyone in the individual comments. I have some serious pg brain lately.
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Kissyten » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:34 am

Wow, this board has been busy!! I love it!!

Sylvia - I love that you are thinkin about going to Mexico for your photoshoot. How many weeks are you thinking you will be when you will get them done? My photographer said to no have them doner after 8.5 months preggo because it is waaaayyyy too uncomfortable to do alot of the cute poses you see on pinterest. I am so Canadian..... when you said you were looking at winter inspired pictures on pinterest, I figured you in a huge parka with a fur hood surrounded by snow....and wondered how you were going to show off your baby bump with all the layers keeping you warm; then I reminded myself that Mexico is not Canada and when you mean it will be chilly is probably what our summers are like. ;)

Carol: Ugh I absolutely hated the too many cheeseburgers stage! It will change soon though!

Roni: I am so happy you worked everything out with your sister and congrats on being a bridesmaid! Have you been one before? When is she getting married? I had and still go get round ligament pain..... except instead of mine being on the sides by the groin muscle I get shooting lightening pain up my vajajay..... the pain has been coined as lightening crotch and it hurts like a bugger and is quite disturbing. Omg your little guy/gal is so cute! Also, I love the term preggo eggos hahahahaah everytime I read it, it makes me giggle like a little school girl.

Blaire: I used to only weight 105 pounds before pregnancy and I have a really small build, so I did have some room to gain weight without it looking chubby. I was looking at myself in the mirror yesterday and I can def see the growth in my bum, boobs, thighs and face..... but i'm thinking it is mostly water retention since one of my kidneys isn't working like it should. I did measure my baby bump and I am at 42 inches around!!! I was 24 inches before I got preggo! I would worry too much about weight gain, as long as your doc isn't commenting on it you are good to go.... like I said I'm at 40 pounds gained and she hasn't said anything about it, and when I bring it up she says well you are pregnant and growing a healthy baby what do you expect? hahahahahahaha She also said that alot of the fat you gain when you are preggo in diferent areas are temporary fat storages meant to be used to make breast milk and fatten up your baby. So If you breast feed or pump then you will loose slot of the weight really fast because of the fat storage reason aboe and because it burns over 500 extra calories per day!!!

Jenn - I am located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. :) you? I love love love the frame and might steal some of your ideas on it (if you don't mind). It is going to be soooo exciting to see your moms face when she opens it! It was me that was talking about circumcision..... I have been with non circumcized guys and circumcized guys (BF is circumcized, imagine if they read all the things we reveal about them?) and I don't mind either so I was totally indifferent about it. BF was very insistent, so Zach will be circumcized..... BF is the penis expert not me. hahahahahahhaa

Angel - WOW! you sure have alot going on! I agree with the no news is good news on the glucose test, they would have had the results by now and let you know if it was bad. Yay for the inspection going well and I hope everything comes together nicely for the mortgage. Yat about your baby show BBQ being only two weeks away and welcome to the third trimester!! That is strange about your belly disappearing......do you measure it? It might just be from your internal organs moving around to make more room for baby. As long as your uterus (fundus) height is measuring properly you are good to go. Some of the ladies in my due date group have something called toilet paper thursdays where they measure their bumps with toilet paper and record how many squares they are (hahahaha) I was looking at it the other day and alot of them did go down squares at some point in their pregnancies so maybe it's normal because of how baby is lying in the womb. I say you put up a picture of your bump so we can be the judge (I love bump pics!!). I wouldn't worry too much about your maternity pictures, they will be super cute no matter what!

Thank-you for all the compliments on the pictures. :) I think BF secretly enjoyed the photo shoot as mush as me and he even asked if we could get newborn pics done (I already paid for new born pics before the shoot hahahahha). I was dreaming about a chubby black haired baby for the longest time..... but my dad ruined that! He said the other day "What would you do if your baby came out blonde?" (there is not blondes in either side BF is italian and i'm french), now i'm dreaming about a blonde hair blue eyes baby... not that it would be bad to have a blondie, just weird to think about considering how dark both of us are.

Other than that...... Nothing really to report....I am currently poking a nubbly bit that is sticking out of my tummy, i'm guessing it is a foot or knee (cute, but creepy at the same time). Depending on the day or even the hour sometimes, my belly is no longer round, but starting to look angular!! I love that little zach is getting so big, but man of man is he starting to get heavy! Everytime I lie down I moan with relief; It is better than a orgasm!
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Hey Ladies! Glad most of you are back! :) - Miss ya Angela and Kendra!

Roni - What fabulous news about you making up with sis! That makes me so happy! That would be awesome to find out the sex of the baby right before Thanksgiving so that you can hit up all those Black Friday sales! :) I'm wondering if I'm going to have enough energy to stay out all night shopping. Bahaha It's like one of my favorite times of the year - but I'll be entering my 3rd tri right b4 T-day so I'll be big and probably just wanting to crash in bed. LoL I only get RLP once in a great while so far like if I try to turn over real quickly in bed, or have a real hard sneeze. Love that wiggler! So cute!

Carol - Holy cow, good luck with the remodel! I'd be harpin' on my hubby every day to get the schtuff done. hehe I love feeling organized so all that clutter of remodeling would drive me bonkers.

Blaire - I got my glider/ottoman from Target. I love it! :) http://www.target.com/p/little-castle-l ... ite+glider DO start taking pics of your bump no matter how small it is! I get tired of taking those fruit pics every 2 or 3 weeks cuz looking at the big picture, 40 weeks is a LOT of weeks, but I know I will be so thankful I did it when it's all said and done. Even now I love comparing my mostly flat tummy of week 4 with my little bump that I have now. The difference is amazing and I'm so glad I started taking them so early! :) That sucks about your sister's comments. I've given up comparing myself to other ladies' pregnancies - Every pregnancy is unique and different on their own and I'm just going to focus on mine and love my body for how it is and the miracle within! :) Booya. that's my speech of the day. lol

Jenn - What a cute frame!! Definitely let us know how the reveal goes! I'm so excited!! :) When does BF's family find out?

Angel - Sorry your glucose test was so miserable. I'm DEFINITELY not looking forward to that. But I agree with you that no news is most likely good news, because didn't they say that the first time? You'll only hear from us if it's bad news? And hey, don't worry about not getting financed. As long as you have the money for the down payment, decent credit, and steady jobs, you should NOT be worrying about a thing. Girl, You have plenty of other stuff to fill up your mind. You'll pass for sure!! :) I've been finding cute maternity clothes on Target.com - I'm like obsessed with Target, so I might be partial (as if it were my baby. LOL) but really, the dresses are so cute and affordable. Right now they are buy one get one 50% off and I found some cute tops too. I'm trying to shy away from Mat tops and just get one size bigger in reg. woman's clothes - We'll see how long I can do that. hehe I cannot wait to see the 4D pics of your lil' Ariana! I'll live vicariously through yours since my DH said we should just leave her alone, we see her enough in the reg. u/s. Boo! That's weird about your tummy seemingly shrinking but I agree with Kristen, Post a pic and we'll be the judge! ;) I TOO love bump pics! hehe

Kristen - Lightening crotch?! :rofl: Yeooowtcchhh! That sounds miserable!! Pretty hilarious name you chose but it's hard to even laugh when I think about how painful it sounds. ugh - I hope I don't get that. I think I'm going to try to do my pics around 33 or 34 weeks - So I shouldn't be TOO huge yet..I'm hoping. Fx! :p Whew! My color ideas right now are Gray/Mint Green - Hubs in jeans and mint green tie with a gray v-neck sweater over the top and me in a gray sweater dress, mint tights, and gray boots, with a mint scarf. Hm let's see. That's funny about your maybe blonde baby - I think 1/2 the fun of being pregnant is wondering what the baby will look like - Most of my family is blondish/brown hair and blue eyes and light skin and DH's mom's side is light skin, colored eyes, while his dad's side is very dark with dark skin, dark eyes, and curly hair - They've got African in them! :) So I'm hoping that DH's dad's side dominates! But the combo of his mom and dad made him with beautiful caramel colored skin. So I'm totally psyched to see this baby. Just hoping she has thick dark hair - and blue eyes would be cool! ;) meh - In the end I just want her to be healthy but it's fun dreaming! OMG parts sticking out the side of the tummy sounds so strange and surreal but INCREDIBLY AWESOME at the same time! Wow! And man, you cracked me up with your whole "laying down feels better than an orgasm!" :rofl: I'm going to avoid thinking about when I'm feeling that fat and tired. LOL It wears me out just thinkin about it.

AFM, last night I was cooking dinner, some chicken tostadas and I made some red cabbage salad to put on top - Well I caught a whif of something bad and I was sniffing out the kitchen like a hound dog! Smelled like rotten chicken - Well I finally sniffed the cabbage and I was like YEEEEEEEUCKKK!! It was awful! It wasn't even bad, I guess cabbage just has a funky smell and it smelled 100x worse to me cuz I'm prego. hahaha So weird cuz I have had very very few smell aversions so far!

Here's me today at a little over 21 weeks! Finally I have a bump and I'm ready to show her off since I've waited like nearly 7 years to have a baby. haha Hope you all have a fabulous night!
Attachments
photo(1).JPG
photo(1).JPG (180.14 KiB) Viewed 1541 times
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby hopeful#3 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:57 am

Good Morning Ladies!
Sorry that I went MIA for a while. I have been keeping up with you all, just not posting. Been super busy at work, plus feeling like I have been at death's door for about two weeks.
So... I will try to remember everything!

Angel - Congrats on finding a house! How super exciting for you guys! I am sure everything will fall into place for the financing of it.

Krissten - How scary to feel like Zach was wanting to come too early! Good gracious! Glad everything worked out. And your photos are so cute! My DH hates pictures (just as much as I do) so we most likely will not do a photo shoot. Not to mention, this is number 3 so... it is not anything new. :D

Roni - Yay for re-uniting with the sister! Glad you two were able to talk it out. Cute pictures of the little one!

Jenn - I cannot wait to hear about the families reactions! Post to let us know! :D

Blaire - There is no hiding it for me. :D Even if I didnt wanna tell anyone, this being my 3rd, I look 5 months preggers already!

Sylvia - I loved all the pictures of your home! I wish I was good a designing things to look good like that! I am horrible about that stuff. :D I would get cool ideas in my head, but then, when I try to implement them, it never works out the way I want them too.

So, as for me, like I said, been super busy. The first trimester ended, and I was super excited to get over the allday sickness and the fatigue and move into the second trimester when, what else would happen? I came down with a killer cold! And of course, there wasn't really anything I could take. The doctor told me sudefed and robitussin, but neither of them do anything for me! Work has been super crazy, especially dealing with all the drama going on in here. LOL! I swear someone should follow me around with a camera, cause this is real life, not the reality TV shows that you see fake real life! I still cannot get over my cough, and my nose just keeps on running, although I feel better physically. So I will take the little improvement.
16 weeks! 24 more to go! Almost halfway there! I have an appointment in two weeks, and then they are going to ask me to come back in 2 more weeks to do the anatomy scan! :D So excited! I want to go shopping so badly for baby items, but I am making myself wait until we find out the sex!
So my DH is outta town this week, and since he is outta town I am going to let my nesting set in and get to cleaning the house, and finally hunker down in the guest bedroom, which will soon be the nursery!

Anyway, ladies, I have to run to work. Hopefully I will keep up better! :D Have a great Monday!
hopeful#3

Postby lukyj » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi ladies! I am glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Angel, I hope the results of your glucose test came back great. I have a feeling everything will work out with your financing. How exciting your shower is coming up! I wish I could be there. It sounds like so much fun! And I love bbq!

Kristen, how are yo9u feeling? Hopefully no more issues. I live in Chicago, IL. I've been with mostly circumcised men. My bf is the first man I've been with who wasn't. He doesn't want to circumcise either if we have a boy. I don't think we're having a boy though. How funny would it be if your baby did come out with blonde hair? My mom's dad had red hair, so that is a possibility. My dad and his siblings were born with blonde hair and had blonde hair until they got out of the toddler years. They all ended up with lighter brown hair. My bf has dark brown hair as do I. His parents had dark hair, but I think he said his grandma had blonde hair and blue eyes. He has cousins with blonde hair and blue eyes. I would love if my baby got my green eyes.

Sylvia, loving your bump! You are looking great! That's funny about the cabbage. I was at the grocery store the other day and I was thinking how I need to try to start eating vegetables again, because they haven't tasted good since becoming pregnant. I really liked sautéed cabbage with onions and butter prior to getting pregnant, but I looked at the cabbage and the thought turned my nose. I did eat some chopped cabbage thrown into some pozole a few weeks ago and that tasted pretty good. I'm not sure when BF wants to tell his mom. His brother and one of his sisters knows. They are happy for us. The sister who knows, had us over for dinner a few weeks ago. She made pozole for us. It was so delicious. I told her I want her to teach me how to cook it. She makes the green kind.

Angela, good to hear from you. I'm sorry you have been so sick. I hope your cough goes away soon. Yay for 16 weeks! I can't believe they wouldn't just do the anatomy scan at 18 weeks. That is what my dr is going to do. I hope work eases up for you.

My reveal to my parents and brother went very well. BF and I video chatted with them through Skype. My mom opened it up and she looked at it and goes "Are you having a baby?" I said yes. She was very excited. Her reaction was more giddy than an overall show of excitement. They were all very happy. My mom is so excited to be a grandma. She said she prayed for this and that it is a dream come true. She said she had been dreaming of me having a baby recently. She said now it made sense why. My dad said he was worried he would die before he ever got to see a grandchild. Mind you, he is not sick and is only 58 years old. Aside from knee and back problems, and he smokes, the dr said he is perfectly healthy. My brother didn't have much to say. Which doesn't surprise me because he is a quiet guy. He never really has much to say about anything. My mom already wants to send me a gift. I told one of my cousins that I talk to all the time. She is super excited. She has been telling me for a while now that she wants me to have a baby. So she could babysit. She loves babies. I am going to slowly start telling my family. Almost in my 2nd trimester!
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:50 am

Hey Beautiful Prego Eggos! :) How ya'll doing? Hope you had an awesome weekend! It's been quiet in here so I thought I'd just shout out a big hey to all of you and let you know that I miss you all!!

Angela - Hope you're feeling better now! Sorry to hear that you were under the weather plus extremely busy at work! No fun! Specially when ur prego! Really hope ur back to feeling 100%! Congrats on 2nd tri! :)

Jenn - Mmmm pozole, yummy! Would be good to know how to make that for sure for the chilly winter days! I think I've just had the red kind so far. So glad your reveal went well with your family! Big relief now that the secret is out huh? What'd your mom end up sending you in her package? Has BF told his family yet? YAY for almost being in ur 2nd tri! How exciting!

Angel - How was your baby shower? Have you taken your maternity pics yet? Excited to hear what's new with you, girl! :)

Are any of you dressing up for Halloween? Any fun prego costume ideas? I've seen that cute skeleton shirt but it's like $20 for a t-shirt I'll probably only wear once, so I thought about dressing my tummy as a mummy - See here: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/86131411596984333/ I'll see if I can pull this off! :)

AFM, we just had our housewarming party this Saturday morning. Some gf's of mine threw it for us and they showed up real early and prepared everything and I didn't even have to lift a finger! It was amazing! Just a brunch style from 10-12, with muffins, pigs in a blanket, etc. Was really nice! I rented a bouncer too and the kiddos loved that, and it minimized the tearing around my house! hehe Then we had company Saturday night and Sunday night for dinner so it was a busy weekend but fun too! I took some fun pics with my friend who is also pregnant! hehe She's due any day now, I think she's at 38 weeks and I'm nearly 23. Not much else is new! I've been feeling great and trying to keep exercising - Though my feet sometimes hurt really bad when I am jogging - DH says that it's probably because my feet get swollen, then they are more sore when I run. But sometimes it feels like I'm wearing a $3 pair of shoes with no support! Ouch!

Any of your men just in LOVE with you prego? I think me being prego is a major turn-on for my DH so needless to say, he is constantly asking for it. haha Guess we will take advantage now when I'm still not real huge and it's not too uncomfortable yet. :)

Hope you ladies have an awesome day! Miss you all! Check in! Let us know what's going on! Hope you're all doing well!!
Attachments
bff2.jpg
bff2.jpg (163.93 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
bff.jpg
bff.jpg (170.52 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kissyten » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:52 am

Jenn: YAY FOR BEING IN THE SECOND TRI STARTING TOMORROW!! :fingersx: So you have a feeling you're having a little girl?

Sylvia: Love the pictures!! I wish I had preggo friends to take cute pictures with. My "SIL" is a month ahead of me, but she refuses to take pictures so boooo to that!! I am super stoked that Zach will have a cousin the same age that he can grow up with. I don't think my BF thinks i'm sexy pregnant..... (I am the size of a house!!) ... but I know for sure he loves the fact that I am pregnant. I got stuck in the bath yesterday........ like OMG stuck! I decided I was going to turn on my side in the tub..... and wedged myself in the tub really good. I was afraid we were going to have to get the jaws of life to get me out!! Anyways... BF chuckled and laughed the whole time he was pulling me out of the tub.... I started crying because I have been so frustrated with myself lately and he said " I love all the cute little pregnant things you go through, I know it frustrates you because you are so independent and don't like help, but I love it! You are going to look back at all this and laugh your @ss off later". This made me cry more. hahahahahaha! I guess it's nice that BF thinks my temper tantrums over food, grumpiness, and all that other stuff is cute. Soo since you and DH are doing it all the time.... does that mean you have been hit by the crazy horny second trimester hormones? My friends told me about it, but I never experience the "18 year old boy" hormones surge. I was going to do the doll hands sticking out of the belly with blood around them and a little trick or treat back in the doll hand for halloween....but my boss said that I wasn't allowed because I am Human Resources and am supposed to be neutral all the time and not do anything that could be considered in bad taste..... I personally think it would be HILARIOUS!! Oh well! I'll just go as angry, swollen, antsy, gigantic pregnanct woman for halloween this year ;)

Angel: How is your baby bump doing? Did she move positions and you are back to your regular bump? How was your baby bbq?

We are getting close to alot of you ladies going in for anatomy scans!!! Can't wait to start hearing what people are having! Anyone have any intuition on what gender is in there?

AFM: I have developed pregnancy carpal tunnel... BLEH!! the swelling and water retention is so bad now that it is crushing nerves in my wrist causing it to go numb. Also, it snowed like crazy here yesterday and I had to scramble to find warm clothes to wear as nothing fits. I wore a blanket this morning in the car ride to work because not even BF's hoodies or jackets will do up over the massive bump. I need to make sure I go to wal-mart or something to buy myself a fleece for the colder weather!! We had our second last "baby class" last thursday and learnt all about breast feeding, I was on the fence about breast feeding or just pumping, but have decided to give BFing and good try. BF and I came up with a plan on how we are going to do it, and make it as easy as possible during the first month when you have such a big learning curve and it can get so frustrating that you want to quit. We also started our birth plan and decided to go as natural as possible... I am remainign open to epidural if I need it, but will try and go without...... eep!! I was worried most about the whole pushing part being the most painful, but everyone I have talked to said that it doesn't hurt that much... more of a burning. It is more the transition phase when the contractions are strong, come more frequently, and are longer that is the most painful...... they say if you can make it through that part you are as good as gold.

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:00 am

I don't have time to address everyone individually right now. But will when I get home. I just wanted to update you girls.

Babyshower is this weekend..and now it's looking like it might rain. It never rains in GA in november. I'm annoyed. Lol. Hopefully it'll change. I'm really nervous for the shower. It'll be a mix of co workers, friends, and family.

I went and had my 4d ultrasound. I'm going to upload pictures later when I address you all individually. It was cute...but I was somewhat disappointed because Ari wasn't playing along so DH has decided we will go again at 33 weeks. Since we only have to pay $50 to go back for the same package. We were there an hour longer than expected because Ari just wasn't having it. She really is the most stubborn thing. LOL

Day after that I went for my 28 week checkup..and I really wasn't imagining things. My stomach/ uterus is measuring small. My OB didn't tell me exactly how small I was measuring but I have another ultrasound next week so they can measure Ari's weight and the fluids in my uterus. Talk about terrifying. Ari is moving a lot now so I believe she is/was fine. Now I went all google insane and saw where women's stomachs weren't growing because they were leaking fluids and didn't realize it. My OB asked if I was eating and I was like "of course!!!"..now DH is constantly trying to shove food in my face to fatten Ari up.

If weather and my tummy(as in if looks big enough) I will take maternity pictures this weekend. I hope they turn out. I'm trusting my BFF to take the shots and then I'll be posing DH and I and editing the pictures.

Now that I'm in the 3rd trimester..I've been getting constant heartburn. I mean saturday night, I woke up from a dead sleep thinking my chest was on fire. Milk, tums, water, nothing is helping. I've also been waking up every night almost the entire pregnancy at 3:30 on the dot. A lot of people are telling me that's when I will go into labor or when Ari will be born. I sort of hope they are right. I want it to be a silent world when I'm going through all of that stuff. I feel like I'll be more relaxed.
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Kissyten » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:55 am

Just a quick reply to your message Angel......

Do you know how to measure the fundal height of your uterus yourself? Alot of the times doctors get it wrong during the check-up because they are always in a hurry and eye ball where they think the top of the uterus is. I had a friend who was told she was measuring a little bit behind at an appointment and when she went home to check herself she was actually a week ahead!! I stopped measuring mine because Zach has dropped and that effects the uterus height alot, but I used to do it every week and it is super easy to do!! All you have to do is take a measuring tape that you use to sew and measure (the soft kind) and place the metal part on your pubic done.... it is the the area smack dab in the middle of your pubic hair and actually feels nubby if you press down on it. Then feel around starting at your belly button and go upwards and find the area that goes from harder to really squishy, this is where the fundus of the uterus is. I know this may sound weird put the best time to check is right after you have a orgasm because your uterus will tighten from the orgasm and it then makes it super de duper obvious of where the top of the uterus is. Anyways take the measuring tape and measure from the pubic done to the top of the uterus and the amount of CM's that it reads usually corresponds to how many weeks you are. It is normal to be 1-2 centimeters off of how many weeks you are because it is not an exact science. :) Oh... and do it while you are lying on your back. ;) Also remember how the baby is lying also effects your fundal height..... was Ari lying sideways in the 4D ultrasound you had? If that is the case then you have more baby width wise than height wise and it would affect the measurement.

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:12 pm

Hello preggo eggos!!

I have been thinking about you alot! Don't have time for a long post so im just gonna give a quick update.

I felt baby move on Friday :) it felt like tiny little bubbles/ a very light touch on the side baby has been hanging out. It made me cry hahaah

so I told dh about a fun fact that baby can hear me now and how excited I was. Well my lovely hubby then sticks his face right on my tummy and in a muffled voice says"hello baby.." and then in a muffled Darth Vader voice "I am your father.." oh lordy I was dying, such a silly man!

Congrats on peeps in the third trimester!!! I'll post a baby bump pic later :)

Also we decided that at our anatomy scan to invite my in laws along. They cried when I told them we wanted them there. I decided this because I am close to them and because I want my mom in the room with me when I give birth so I wanted my in laws there for a big event also. :) really excited I will get to schedule the appt next Tuesday when I have my check up with my dr.

Love you ladies and im glad things are going great!

Oh ya angel don't feel bad about the rain. Girl its rained on EVERY big event in my life.. College graduation I was soaked, engagement party, wedding etc. My mother in law said in April the moment it starts pouring she is gonna call me and see if the baby is here yet lol.

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups