SMEP sisters - it worked!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters - it worked!

Postby Kissyten » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:01 pm

Belly Bump pic!! 35 Weeks!!

Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Blaire » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:00 am

Hi ladies, it's been quiet here the past little bit.

Love the pics Kristen, you are looking amazing for 35 weeks! Don't look angry and bloated at all! Sorry to hear about carpal tunnel, that worries me as I have constant pain in my wrists after long days T work. My mom had it, my sis had tendinitis in wrists and it all just sounds so painful.

Sylvia, so exciting for the housewarming party and nice you didn't have to any prep and just got to enjoy it it your new home! Love the baby bump pics! So cute, my BFF and I just did a few at her baby shower the other weekend, but I still don't have a copy if them as my phone was not nearby when we took them.

Angel sorry to hear the stress of ari's size and that you are measuring small, but I'm sure it will all work out, remember there are women of all sizes (even some who give birth to healthy full term babies and they did t even know they were pregnant. Keeping fingers crossed for the weather this weekend for you! My bridal shower it poured sooo much but it was a garden party so we had crazy tarps strung up in backyard, nobody really got soaked unless they ventured too close to a "collection point" and the wind blew at that moment!

Roni, so cute you are including your inlaws for the anatomy scan, and tht they were really happy about it that they cried. What a character dh! Lol I'm still trying to figure out When I'll feel baby move, don't think I have yet. Dh still just goes for my boobs any chance he gets. I keep reminding him baby can hear you now and why don't you ever stroke my belly in a sweet way instead of going in for the kill w my boobs (which are still so painful :(

Jen, happy to hear your reveal went well! So exciting, it's funny how brothers don't say much sometimes, my dh bro just said "cool" when we told him. His relativley new gf was far more excited about it!

Afm I had my 16 week appt done last week as it was bumped and so far so good just doc to,d me to watch my weight gain as I'm up to 9 pounds. But in the first trimester I didn't really gain anything so she said I could be just catching up. Needless to say I've gotten into the Halloween candy and had some cravings for burgers lately. I need to get back to working out a bit more. Still doing 45-1 hour long walks w my pup when weather allows for it (he hates the rain) which is good as I go w a friend who has a 9 month old so pup is also getting used to walking next to a stroller. He's been run over by it maybe 3 times in about 3 weeks or so. Our next appt is November 15, the big ultrasound...that we won't really see too much as we still don't want to know what the little one will be! I keep saying girl as I feel hubby is so set on it being a boy. We shall see April 1!!! A few more people are finding out, either by seeing my belly or me telling them. I'm still nervous about a major contract situation that is due tomorrow/but should ave results next week so don't want everyone at work (clients) to know quite yet, but at 18 weeks its getting harder to dress to hide it. My jacket and purse do a nice belly block nowadays!

Happy Halloween everyone!! :)
Blaire

Postby chall » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:21 am

Hi all! Sorry I haven't posted in a while..

Blaire - Glad things are looking good. Sorry the weight gain is not exactly what the doctor is looking for. Maybe you just gain in spurts and it will even out in the end? I think that's what happened to me (more on that below).

Kristen - what a lovely bump!

Roni - I'm jealous you felt movements already! How exciting! I'm still waiting... Also, super funny what your DH did :)

Angel - Sorry you got some not-so-good news at the appointment. I hope the followup u/s shows there is nothing to worry about. How was the shower? Did you avoid the rain?

Sylvia - Did you do the mummy costume? Cute pictures with your friend.

Hi Jen, Angela! Hope I didn't miss anyone...

AFM - 18 week appointment was this morning. Everything is looking normal, yay. We listened to the heartbeat again, which is always my favorite part (especially since I'm not feeling movements yet.. I like some reassurance that there really is a healthy baby in there!). At my previous appointment the doctor said I should watch the weight gain... guess what happened this time... I lost a pound! Weird. I certainly haven't been trying to lose weight, and I don't feel like I changed my behavior a whole lot. I have been trying to eat more fruits and veggies as snacks, and get a bit of exercise in, but nothing drastic. So, maybe I just gain in spurts and I was evening out in the last month? Anyway, I'm up a total of 12 pounds now, at 18 weeks. My doctor said they don't really look at gains from one appointment to another very much, just the overall. And she says I'm fine overall.

In other good news, I got a random call last week from one of my long time friends who lives about 9 hours away. She was going though stuff in her attic and found one last maternity item (she had already given away the rest) - it was a winter coat! So she shipped it right off to me when I said I could use it. I got it a few days ago, and it fits great, though of course lots of extra room in the tummy area. So, now I have a coat for the winter, yay!
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:06 am

Hey Ladies! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

Kristen - OMG I cannot believe you got stuck in the tub! Not fun! I'd be crying too! But you know what? Your pic looks AWESOME - You look fantastic, you are like ALL baby! Maybe you feel like you're as big as a house but you look wonderful. :) I'm not super horny these days (2nd tri) but I am enjoying the action and glad it's no longer painful. We are not like bunnies on crack and usually I'm pretty tired but I figure we better take advantage while we can rather than later when I'm giant or postpartum when we can't! sorry about your carpal tunnel! No fun! hope it gets better and not worse!

Angel - How was your baby shower, girl!? :) I'm so excited to hear about it! Did you get lots of cute stuff? You should just bombard us with photos from the shower, 4D u/s and did you take your maternity pics too?? Eeekk! I totally want to see them all!! Sorry you are experiencing heartburn! Not cool! :( My friend has that a lot and the myth is that you have a curly haired baby. ;) hehe

Roni - Yay for feeling the baby!! Isn't it amazing? I'm feeling Ariana all the time now and it's just so awesome - Even from the outside. I just lay on the bed with my hand on my tummy for so long, just enjoying it! My DH also talks to the baby and says funny stuff - So cute! I totally wanna see your bump. Upload a pic, girl! :)

Blaire - Great job on getting in walks with your puppy. Now with the time change it's getting dark so early - I really want to find an elliptical machine to put in my garage for those cool, dark evenings when I can't squeeze a workout in before the sun goes down! There are no gyms close by so it's either walking around the park/my neighborhood or springing for a machine!

Carol - I was gone for Halloween! My husband's g-pa in Mexico died suddenly - and he was taking it pretty hard cuz they were so close so I could not bear to drop him at the airport alone when he was sobbing at home. :( I just booked a ticket to go support him and I'm really glad I did. So we were in Mexico over Halloween and the funeral was actually on Halloween - Sad. :( Yay for getting a free winter coat! That's awesome!

AFM I'm totally freaking myself out reading up on this postpartum stuff so I really should stop but it's like an addiction to research it. UGH. I don't know what I was thinking but I figured after about a week or so, you are all healed up and not sore, etc. NOT - 8 week long period? Bloody postpartum shower? Blood clots falling out of my vajay-jay?!? Super sore hoo-ha and pads the size of diapers? Contractions post-birth to shrink down the uterus?!! Stiches that stay in your hoo-ha for 6 weeks? AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! OMG I'm seriously so scared I could cry. But hey, no backing out now! Angela, please tell me it's not that bad!!!! :\

Otherwise I'm mostly fine - Just waking up with belly aches so I need to eat right away and I typically have gas that lasts about 3 hours. The other day I was just crying so frustrated that it seems like this will never go away, just daily belly aches for the rest of my pregnancy. :( Feels like when you gotta go #2 and can't, for about 3 hours till I can either go, or let out some toots! So sexy, I know! :\ My DH told me "You really are loving this free license to blow your horn, aren't you!?" bahaha Not really cuz i'm in pain until they are all out! :P

Hope you are all doing great! Miss you ladies!
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:58 pm

17 weeks Image i had just eaten like 20 min before this so I think part of my bump is from that lol. Gained 4lbs so far :)
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Roni - yupppp! That's a cute little baby bump you got started there! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing the pic! Hope you have a great night!

24 week appt for me tomorrow - not really sure what it will entail but will hear my little girl's HB and probably get warned about an upcoming glucose test.

Take care, chicas!
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby hopeful#3 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:07 am

Sylvia! Calm down chica! Postpartum is different for everyone. As for me, I had no issues with anything! - With my first, they did cut my vajajay, but you dont really know the stitches are there, and they dont REALLY bother you. Of course, there is the extra cleaning and care of the area when you have it, but it really is bad. But I did specifically ask that if it wasnt necessary with my daughter, that they refrain from doing the episotomy... (I have no idea how to spell it). It took longer to birth her, and they had to work the area a little bit to keep me from tearing, but in the end, I didnt end up with stitches to contend with afterwards. Therefore, with this one, I will again ask to not have it done. My daughter was fatter than my son too, (not by much) 7lbs. 7 ozs. for my son, and 7lbs 14ozs. for my daughter.
I never felt any contractions after birth. And as far as the pads the size of diapers... those are the damn hospital pads. Once you get home, you can go back to your regular sized pads. LOL. In all honesty, it was like being on a normal sized period for almost 4 weeks. But your little one will keep you so occupied, it really isnt too bad. Because remember all the pain is worth it! :D So as for your worry, stop reading it! Not all women feel anything postpartum, it is what we are made for! Embrace it all! (I think most women use it as an excuse to complain...) :D
Roni - What a cute baby bump! I really need to figure out how to upload pictures. I can't do it at the office, since our computer blocks everything! (Luckily for me, they havent blocked this website, which is really surprising).
Blaire and Carol - Dont worry too much about the weight gain, like the doc's say, they look more at the overall picture. Mine is a little worried but I will explain below.
Angel - How are you doing girlie? How did the shower go, and what were the results of the additional testing! Fill us in Chicka!
Kissyten - What an awesome bump girl! 4 weeks and counting for you! :D Wow! I took a bath the other day, and made sure that no one was home, that way, if I had issues, I couldnt be embarrassed about them! LOL! Course, the farther along I get the less likely I will take one alone... It is kinda funny though! Things that you used to do so easily become so hard for you!
Jenn - How are you doing?
Hope I got everyone!

AFM - I had my 18/1 appointment yesterday... how boring! :D They took my weight, and I have only gain 3lbs. They are kinda concerned, since I was borderline healthy/underweight for my height before... (Not that I thought though!) and now I only weigh 161. I guess they are thinking at 5'8 almost 5'9 I should be weighing in higher. But they told me not to worry too much, all three pounds of that are in my stomach! :D They say I am all baby! (Which is another reason I gotta post a picture! I'm huge girls!) Went to Sam's Club on Sunday and some older lady asked me how far along I am, and I said 18 weeks, and she goes "Are you going to make it!" LOL! I hope so, then the next question to follow is always "Is there more than one!?!" People are already rubbing my belly. :D I dont mind it at all. Most of them ask me first, and I say "GO AHEAD!" I am just glad I am at the point where people know that I am pregnant and not just fat!
That being said, I am still working the two jobs. And let me tell you, people throw money at me at the bar since I am pregnant... :D I made almost 800 in two days this past weekend! I have my anatomy ultrasound scheduled for the 18th at 2. I am so excited! I havent bought a single thing yet, since I dont know what I am having. I see myself going on one hell of a shopping spree once we find out though!
Anyway! I think I covered everything! :D I will be better at writing I promise. Gotta find out how to post a picture though when I cant get to the website from the office! GRRRR!!!!!
hopeful#3

Postby angelfacexx » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 am

Just dropping in for a quick quick update. Shower went well. I have the measuring ultrasound Thursday morning. After I get those results I plan to post pictures of 4d Ultrasound, the shower, and my bump.

I didn't have time to do maternity pictures yet. I will probably get some done early December at this point.
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby vswright34 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:40 pm

Anatomy u/s scheduled for Nov 21 @1 aaaaaahhhhhh so excited!!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby lukyj » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Hello ladies!!! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to write back to all of you. You are all looking great! Carol, when do we get a bump pic from you?

Angel, I'm glad that your shower went great. I can't wait to see all of your pics! I don't remember if you said how the glucose test went. I hope that there isn't a problem with your size or fluid leakage. I hope that your size is just normal for you. Any word on the house closing?

Thanks Kristen! I'm excited to be in the second tri! The bathroom incident sounded so awful. I woulda been bawling my face off. You look great though. You are definitely all baby, you are not fat. Sorry about the carpal tunnel. My cousin had that and she said it was awful. I'm going to need a new jacket. My fleece still fits but the jacket I've been wearing over it is about an inch away from not being able to be zipped.

Sylvia, You are looking great too! I am so relieved the secret is out. I have told a few more people at work. The cleaning lady asked me yesterday if I was pregnant. She said I'm always so skinny and now (she gestured my bely cuz she doesn't speak the best English). I told her I was but that I haven't told people at work. My mom hasn't sent me anything yet. I should get it later this week. I'm happy your housewarming party went well. The pic with your friend was cute! I'm glad you and DH have been able to keep up with your sex lives. Mine and bf's has slowed greatly. But, his schedule sucks in comparison to mine and Im usually drop dead tired and in bed by time he comes home from work. We are lucky if we are doing it once a week. The best time for us to be intimate is in the morning, but he is usually sound asleep and doesn't get up when I do because of his later work hours. Before baby, we were doing it like 3 times a week, sometimes more, but then again he was working an earlier shift. He loves me pregnant though. He loves my little bump. When he gets home from work he comes in the bed and kisses my belly and says a few words to baby. He's so funny. He thinks he can feel baby moving in my belly. If I'm not feeling baby, how is he feeling baby. LOL. I didn't dress for Halloween. I had to work. It's not my favorite holiday. Stop stressing about the post partum stuff. Not every woman is the same. Sorry about the belly aches. Dr told me today I would have my glucose test around 24 weeks, so they will probably talk to you about it.

Hi Roni! How exciting you have your anatomy scan scheduled! Your bump is looking great. You actually look like me and I'm 3 weeks behind you. I've only gained like 2 pounds. Dr said my weight is perfect. It's great you felt baby. We had an appt today and seeing where and how baby is laying, where it's feet are corresponds with where I've felt the few flutters I've felt. It's so awesome seeing baby in there moving.

Blaire, my bro's gf was about as excited as my bro was. They are so made for each other. I can't believe you still don't want to know what you're having. I can't wait to find out!

Carol, I'm glad that you are doing well. I wouldn't worry about your weight. It's not like you gained 20 pounds. Score on the free coat!

Angela, I'm doing great! They finally blocked this site on my work computer :( It's just going to make it harder for me to catch up with all of you. As for your weight, it sounds pretty normal for your height to me. I wish you could get a pic for us. Do you have a photobucket account and a smartphone? You can upload pics there. That's sweet about the extra cash you're making since you're pregnant. Enjoy it while you can!

I went to the dr today. I didn't think I would have another ultrasound, but I did :) The baby is looking great! It is so much bigger than just four weeks ago. The baby was laying at a weird angle so if there was any hope of trying to see genitalia, baby wasn't giving it to us. My baby is a thumb sucker. That hand was firmly planted in it's mouth, LOL. As soon as baby came into focus doc was like, Oh look it's a thumb sucker. I said yeah I will have to break baby of that real fast. He goes "baby, can you say braces", LOL. BF was just laughing. Baby was moving a lot. It kept moving it's opposite arm around. At one point it stretched it's arm all the way out like it was reaching for something. It was moving it's little legs. I of course cried again. Dr had a hard time getting a good profile pic but he did get one. We have been video taping out appointments with the handycam. We had a nice long scan too. Then we heard the heart beat. It wasn't very loud but it was perfect the dr said. He said my weight is still perfect but going forward he would like to see me start gaining a pound (a week?) I think he said. They confirmed my blood type is A- so they gave me my prescription for Rhogam which I will have administered at 28 weeks. My anatomy scan is scheduled for Dec 5th but I have my reg appt on Dec 3rd. We will find out the sex on the 3rd. The baby is looking so good. I was so insanely happy. I cannot wait until Dec 3rd. It is gonna drag on and on.

I had to take a few pics of the video we took today while on pause. The dr couldn't get a good still image of baby today cuz of how it is laying. Baby was moving a lot too. Here's an updated belly pic too!
Attachments
IMG_1721 (480x640).jpg
IMG_1721 (480x640).jpg (148.34 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
IMG_1722 (480x640).jpg
IMG_1722 (480x640).jpg (130.82 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
IMG_1723 (640x469).jpg
IMG_1723 (640x469).jpg (188.01 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Blaire » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi ladies

Here's a quick photo! 9 pound weight gain in boobs, belly and arms!
I've got to start working them out more!

Love everyone else's pics! Angel can't wait to see your pics
And update from your shower

Hope everyone's week is going great
Attachments
image.jpg
17 weeks
image.jpg (186.93 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
Blaire

Postby hopeful#3 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:00 am

IMG_20131107_084559_380.jpg
(122.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by hopeful#3 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
hopeful#3

Postby hopeful#3 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:03 am

So, because I can't get to photobucket, it looks like we would all have to individually download the picture. That being said. This is my 18 week 4 day belly bump. I crack up, cause this is what I look like, and I've only gain 3 pounds. Hence the question, are you going to make it? or are you sure there is only one?
LOL
hopeful#3

Postby hopeful#3 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:05 am

Last edited by hopeful#3 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
hopeful#3

Postby hopeful#3 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:20 am

284782_10150253749181622_4862307_n.jpg
284782_10150253749181622_4862307_n.jpg (45.13 KiB) Viewed 1494 times

OK!!!

Here I am... :D
Nice to meet all of you!
A face to the name!
hopeful#3

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups