SMEP sisters - it worked!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters - it worked!

Postby chall » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Oh, to top things off, DH also would prefer to not find out til the baby is born if its a boy or girl! So 9 months of waiting to see if I have a DLH 4th or a girl :roll: I actually kind of like the idea of a surprise too, but we'll see if I feel the same in a few months....
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby vswright34 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Hey girlies just hanging out icing by back. Got an adjustment and it felt great but I will have to go in early next week since my sciatica and my hip are pretty messed up. He said it's to early for this to be baby but I doubt it cause I feel random pulling or "cramping" on my bikini line all the time that im sure is my uterus stretching and figuring out what it has to do haha so that's why I think my hip hurts. Oh well!

So I have to spend the evening with dh's family tomorrow evening and I have no idea how im gonna sit there the entire time and not tell them!! Ughghh im gonna die. Haha

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:33 am

Good morning ladies! So happy it's Friday!! :)

Chall - Oh man you're waiting!! Eeeeee! That will be exciting! I always said that I would wait, until I started TTC, then I am like "I'm MUST know." haha And here I am trying to find out weeks earlier than it's even normal due to this new technology. Yah, I just can't wait to go shopping! I like Angel's idea of taking the whole day off to go shopping AFTER the gender reveal. :D Well, maybe after 9 months the boy name might just grow on ya - Try to think up a cute nickname or something you can use instead. hehe

Roni - Glad your adjustment helped! You don't need all that back pain + hip pain + being prego when you're a personal trainer!! Hope you're back to ship-shape in no time! When do you plan on telling DH's parents? It is VERY hard to keep a secret. I'm also planning on being around some of our really good friends this weekend and it's only a couple weeks before the word is out so I kind feel like I want to tell them in person, but at the same time I'm like "But what if they are so excited and they slip it to someone else, who slips it to someone else? And if I tell her, I have to tell her sister who I'm also close with, and what if she slips it to someone else?" hehehe It gets complicated which is probably why I'll just wait. They always say "Once you tell someone you can't take it back." And especially if they know you are TTC already, as soon as you said "We have a secret, can you keep it?" They'll be like "YOU'RE PREGO?!!" Oh yeah, it's a trip keeping it a secret. But I think it's better that way just to be sure....For the big reveal to some of our good friends, I'm inviting two families to our home for dinner. Then I ordered a little T-shirt with an owl on it for the youngest of my friend's kiddos (who is like a niece to me). The shirt says "I'm going to be a big cousin." And I'm HOPING that she is in a good mood (she's 5, there's no tellin' haha) and will let me put it on her and she can walk out in front of the big group of these two families and we'll see who notices the shirt first! :) I'm pretty excited for that! Just crossing my fingers all goes as planned.

Angel - I'm thinking I'm feeling the beginnings of this "RLP" that you've told me about. Now, when I have a big sneeze, I feel this sharp pain in my abdomen and I'm like "OWWWW!!" It sucks sneezing now. haha It doesn't quite feel like my body is being ripped apart yet, but it's definitely painful!! :? Are you in maternity clothes yet? Or do you have plenty of flowy things that you can wear? Right when I found out I was prego, I bought some flowy-ish shirts that kind of hide any belly at all. Since I'm so self-conscious and obsessed with keeping it a secret, I've broken those out now and am wearing 'em. But all my jeans and stuff still fit. I did use the hair tie on a jean skirt the other day cuz it doesn't feel good to have restrictive tight-ish things right across my belly anymore, and the hair-tie trick worked awesome. My parents were so impressed, like "Did you think of that on your own?" I was like "umm no, off a prego forum I read." hehehe Love this site and sharing stuff with my girls!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! :) Grow babies grow!
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:51 am

Good morning ladies!!

I finally feel better and slept so much better last night!

Chall- omg I would die if I had to wait for a surprise!! Waiting until a gender reveal party is hard enough for me!!

Sylvia- that is such a cute idea! My in laws won't know until next Friday after my US. :D so excited to tell them, they are emotional people so I know the waterworks will make an appearance!! Which will be so sweet! (not sweet like "victory!" but sweet like "aaawww")

So I have a question for you ladies who have children or already had an US. I was just thinking that I usually ovulate late.. So I have a feeling my US is going to show less than I want. But this cycle I ovulated earlier which is great but still not what is considered the middle of the cycle. (usually I have a 29-34 day cycle and ovulate on cd 21-23 and this cycle I O'd on cd 18 but I really have no idea how long my cycle would have been since I have never O that early) I guess what im asking is, has anyone has this happen? And I know as long as it looks healthy I'll be happy just curious what my US wil bring.. Ok done rambling! Haha

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:49 am

Roni - So glad you're feeling better! My doctor didn't ask anything about when I ovulated - and I could pinpoint it pretty accurately since I was doing the OPK's. They base everything off the first day of your last period. And then they will usually do a bunch of measurements of the baby to see if it's "on track" according to how many weeks you have completed based on the first day of your last period. (which is how they get your due date) According to the measurements of the baby, they may move your due date forward or backward a few days. I didn't actually have an U/S at my first appt which I think was at about 5 weeks. I had the u/s at 8 weeks, and my dr. said I was measuring perfectly for 8 weeks so we left my due date at that! I think it changed by like one day because at the first appt they used a flip chart thingy to get my due date and at the u/s they entered the info into the u/s computer and got a more accurate date (which was one day earlier than they'd given me before). :) You won't see much at your first u/s most likely. It's just a little blob. hehe I can't wait for my next one when it will have arms and legs! Woo hoo! Yeah my MIL bawled her eyes out when she heard the news, but my mom didn't shed a tear or even hug me for that matter, but she was happy! haha Funny how reactions amongst different people are so varied!

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:02 am

Sylvia- thanks for that informative answer! And honestly if all I see is a lil speck/blob im all for it!! I love my lil blob!! Haha

I told my dh I wanted to go off on a walk today in a park nearby but he told me no.. And I said why not I run there all the time by myself and he was like well its different now.. And I said no.. I just wanna go on a walk and he said it's different because your pregnant! Hahaha he said he wants to go with me soo cute when he's protective.

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Hey Ladies - Here is my progression collage I threw together tonight to share with my Feb Due Date club - I don't have Photoshop at home, so I just used Picasa, you get the idea tho' - not much of a bump yet - Still pretty easy to hide. ;) lol

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:17 am

Sylvia you look adorable!! I hope you don't mind but I may have to steal your idea of the fruit!! Soo cute!!

So there has been a change in plans. We were gonna tell sh's family this coming Friday about the pregnancy after the appt but I just found out last night his dad will be out of town for a week sooo since I can't keep it in any longer we will be telling them after church on Sunday!! Omg im so excited! We went to a winery last night to listen to a cover band ( the drummer plays at our church) and my MIL saw a cute lil baby boy and his grandma dancing and she leaned over and said one day that will be me but my grandbaby will be cuter. I about broke down haah I was thinking,well it may be sooner then you think!!

Hope you have an awesome weekend!!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Roni - EEEE! Have fun sharing the news! I cant wait to hear how it goes. I predict tears. When I went for my first ultrasound I was 7 weeks and there was a little tadpole...but we could also see the heart beating...and that alone was amazing!

Sylvia - Your pictures are awesome. I'm sorry you're getting RLP. Hopefully it won't progress to the point that mine has. I haven't bought any maternity clothes yet but I really do need to. Nothing buttons of mine and the shirts are getting snug. The hair-tie trick doesn't work on my work clothes so that's mainly what I need to buy.

Chall - If you decide to for sure wait you are soooo patient. I am bursting at the seems and I only have 8 days left! I've actually been having nightmares that the baby doesn't cooperate and DH and I took the whole day off work for nothing. Since right after we know the sex, we're taking a 2.5 hour drive to babytopia (that's what I call it, it's a huge mall of nothing but pregnancy and baby related stores) and there we will finish our registry and purchase some furniture. SOOO EXCITED and nervous.

Attached is a 17wk belly shot. Do I look pregnant yet? lol.
Attachments
999594_10151502712722371_1673316803_n.jpg
999594_10151502712722371_1673316803_n.jpg (84.67 KiB) Viewed 936 times
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby vswright34 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Omg angel! Your baby bump is precious!! You definately crossed over from chubs to preggo!! So cute! (btw I never thought you looked chubby just quoting you haha)

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:16 am

Thank you roni! I hope the reveal to the in laws went awesome! I can't wait to hear the reactions.

How was everyone's weekend?

Mine was very relaxing for the most part. DH had his first weekend off in two months and we spent saturday lounging around the house and reconnecting. Then Sunday we went over to my grandmothers for her 72 birthday surprise party. She was floored. ONE MORE WEEK until we find out the gender and I'm trying to think of ways to make time fly by. lol.
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby vswright34 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:22 am

Good morning!!
The reveal went sooo well!! They had no idea and were floored!!

after church we all usually go to lunch, so when we finished eating I told them all I had a present for them. My MIL loves presents and was excited and asked what it was for and I said "oh its just a thank you for paying for most of our Seattle trip. And she was like omg that's soo sweet! My FIL said he didn't know if they had time to open presents because they had a wedding to head to in n hour and a half and I told him that was plenty of time so I would meet them at the house. When we got there I had them all sit on the couch and handed each one of them a box. Inside each box was a bib that said " I love my uncle" etc (BIL was there also). I gave them rules and said it's all something they have wanted but they had to open it at the same time because it is themed which of course my MIL loves themes gifts and was dying. Also told them wait until everyone opens theirs before you say anything. They all started and my BIL got his open first and was like" wait what?" then my MIL and she looked at it for a little and thwn looked up with tears rolling down her face and asked if I was pregnant which I said yes! My FIL just started yelling "oh my heck!!" and tears came from there too and then hugs. Hubby recorded his mom's reaction. Sooo much fun! They had no idea we were even trying. And they are all ecstatic!!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:14 am

Roni - Yay!! I love your reveal story! It sounds very touching and such a blast! Very cool! That's funny that your MIL had no idea you were even trying, yet she is constantly dropping hints and buying you stuff for your future nursery or her future grandkid - I can only imagine how she's going to be now that she knows there is for sure one on the way - Probably shopping like crazy - Score!! haha You are more than welcome to use my fruit idea! I got it off Pinterest! It's so fun and it's really cute because when we are at the grocery store DH will remind me "Make sure we have limes for the baby pic!" Aw, so adorable. I have a month to month one I am doing too where u indicate with your fingers whatever month it is behind the belly - I'll post my first three months after my 3 month pic rolls around here soon! Whoa!

Angel - Love your baby bump! It's so freakin' cute!! And you have definitely popped! I can't wait till I pop and am not just chub. LOL I'm just hoping that I don't pop for a couple more weeks when we actually let the big secret out. Haha Right now I can pretty much pull off not being prego - All my clothes still fit fine and stuff. :) hehe Crazy I'm already almost 12 weeks (tomorrow) and not really showing much at all! Good luck keeping busy for the next week! That Babytopia place sounds amazing! I dont think we have anything like that around here - But we do have a GIANT outlet mall near San Antonio about 3 hours away, and wow, this place is like outlet heaven but all the baby stores are kind of mixed in with the others - Going to a place of pure baby/maternity stuff sounds like such a blast.

Girls, I'm so anxious to know if I get to do that genetic screening at my 12 week apt tomorrow - I'm still waiting to hear if my insurance covers it and I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much - but u know how it is! hahaha I already called the office once this morning to see if they verified my insurance and they said they hadn't gotten to it yet - They said "You can either wait for them to call you....or call back after lunch." Oh dang, I just can't wait to find out if we will see our precious little baby on the U/S tomorrow!

We also told our best friends this weekend - We were sitting around this bonfire one night - my g/f and I had just came back from the baby shower real late and our DHs had already had a couple drinks so they were, well happy but not drunk. But the funny thing was that I kept trying to indicate to my DH that we should tell them we are pregnant, but since he had had a couple drinks, he kept saying to me really loudly "What?!!! WHAT are you saying?" hahaha SO NOT sneaky. And so finally I just asked him to pass me his phone and I typed in the notes section "let's tell them!" and he just nodded at me to go ahead. So we told them and they were so excited and SHOCKED. They gave us huge hugs and were just super happy so that was cool. It feels so good to tell a few people even.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! Chall and Blaire - How you doing!? :)

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby chall » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:42 am

Good morning!

Angel - What a cute bump you have! I'm excited to hear boy or girl! Especially if I end up waiting.. I'll have to live vicariously through you guys to get the gender news fix.
Sylvia - The fruit pictures are very cute too! I think DH and I might start taking some weekly belly pics of me too. Was going to yesterday (6 weeks), but his parents were visiting all day so we didn't get to it. Maybe tonight.
Roni - Awesome reveal story! I don't think I'll be that creative, but I imagine a similar reaction from my in-laws when we do tell them.

AFM- Sunday was the 6 week mark.. a bit of a milestone for me, since that's when my spotting started with my miscarriage. Felt really good to get past that. I'm feeling some occasional queasiness now. I wouldn't really call it nausea, but it's noticeable. It's not really more in the morning, more throughout the day it comes and goes. Generally eating makes it go away (I have some saltines stashed in my desk drawer at work now).
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Everything is covered by my insurance!!! :) I get to see our baby tomorrow! I can't wait!! It will have changed so much from week 8 to week 12. I'm sure excited. And the adorable thing is that I have to eat 30 mins before the appointment to "wake up the baby" - LoL because they said if I don't, it could take up to 2 hours to get the baby to wake up! Awwwwww! Then I will know the sex in 7-10 days from the blood test. Fx everything goes well with the genetic screening! :) I'll let you ladies know how it goes tomorrow.

Roni, I forgot - When is your first appointment?

Chall - WOO HOO!! Congrats on making your 6 week milestone. Praying your little bean keeps sticking! So happy for ya! :yay:

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups