SMEP sisters - it worked!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters - it worked!

Postby angelfacexx » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Sylvia - Yayy! So stoked for you! We should find out around the same time! I had an u/s at 12 weeks and it was amazing. it actually looks like a tiny person. I loved it. I can't wait until next week when I get to see my bean at 19 weeks! Thanks for the belly comment :)

Roni - I cried at little at your reveal story...I'm such a blubbering idiot now a days. lol

Chall - Thank you :)
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby chall » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:47 pm

You guys are making me so jealous with all the ultrasound talk! I have no idea when I'll get my first one!

Also, I was picking out a card today for hubby for our anniversary (it's tomorrow) and reading them was starting to make me tear up.. I had to just pick one and get out of there. I'm right there with ya Angel on the blubbering. :rofl:
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby vswright34 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Congrats chal on your 6 week milestone!!

Sylvia and angel- I was reading somewhere if you drink a cup of ice cold orange juice or water 30-60min before you appt it wakes the baby up and it will move around enough to see its private parts!! Worth a try! Wake that baby up!!

Sylvia- appt is on Thursday. I'm dying to see my jelly bean! I told my dh its the size of a apple sees right now so he's been calling the baby Johnny Apple seed haha

I think some of the other girls on here have appts this week too! GL everyone!!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby chall » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:07 pm

Roni - Johnny appleseed.. very cute :) And yes, I have my first appointment on Wednesday this week! I don't know if they will be doing an ultrasound or not (I suspect not, but perhaps I will be surprised).
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Blaire » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi ladies,
I'm back! Sorry I've been Mia was out visiting dhs family in the middle of nowhere! I had wifi at our cabin but only time we were there was after 10 pm at night and I was zzzz! We were able to keep it a secret and told his parents over breakfast Friday morning then went right over to his grandparents (we were there for their 60th anniversary) with all the grand kids and Greta grand kids, but this one will be the first w his grandparents name so kind of special hehehe! They were so happy, his grandpa has been fighting prostate cancer for almost 30 years and took a turn for the worse a few months back so it was nice to finally have him out of the hospital and home and getting stronger we hope again. (about 7 years ago he started to build a golf course on his land and while it is open now he used to be out for 15 + hour days working harder then most people)
So now to tell a few more friends when we get back, Chall I am with you on having to wait a bit, my first appt is on the 22 so just over a week to go! I need to tell my soccer coach also as I've stopped playing and just keep saying I'm away, but his daughter is my friend so don't want to tell him then not tell her!
Love your reveal story roni! We did one for my parents as it was easier then trying to plan one out in the country but we put a "I'm going to be a big cousin" shirt (that we ironed on ourselves w a printer thi g from michaels) on my niece at her first birthday party and I brought her out in it when I went to put her In her Jammie's after most people had left. My dad was most excited as I am so close w him! He'd a
Had a few glasses a wine and did a little dance w some arm pumps (like hockey players do when they score a big goal) it was so funny!

Sylvia and Angel love your belly pics! Can't wait to show either but also want to make it to at least 12 being able to hide it at work. The other ight I had a lot of bloating and my belly looked like angels! It was hard and a total baby belly but was back to normal by the time I woke up the next mor ing, but dh saw it and I thi k it made him a bit more excited! :)

Have a great night and week ladies!
Blaire

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Good evening ladies! Speaking of blabbering, I have been tearing up over birthing stories - well mostly the horror stories about pain, tearing, etc. I kind of just freak out and want to cry and nobody knows that I'm pregnant so they look at me kind of weird lol but yeah, I've only been to like 4 baby showers this summer so I feel like that's all I am hearing about lately. And the other day I read this lady's birthing story from this site and I literally bawled my eyes out at work, it was so moving. OMG. Here's the link - http://www.blendingbeautiful.com/the-pe ... azel-mae/- Try to read it if you get a chance - she was amazing - did a home birth, and wrote about her emotions and all along with incredible photos of peoples' faces and reactions!! I quickly had to dry my tears before someone came and found me at my desk in a blubbering mess. LoL!

Roni - Johnny Apple Seed! LoL that is too cute! You should start taking your fruit pics this week because it's really amazing to look back and see how tiny the baby was when it was just an apple seed! ;) How's it going at the gym so far? Not really interrupting your training sessions yet, right? No nausea yet? Does your boss already know? I think I remember you saying that he knows you guys were trying...:) Thanks for the water and orange juice tip - they actually told me to bring at least 20 oz of cold water to the appointment! That might be what they are going for too! hehe

Blaire - Sounds like you had some pretty special reveals with your family - that's awesome! Feels good to let the secret out huh? I also have a "I'm going to be a big cousin" tee to put on a lil' family friend of ours that is like a niece to me. Love that idea. Super cute you put it on a little baby though - you should post a pic on here if u got one that night. haha - I didn't know you play soccer! Do you play on an intramural team, or for your job, or what? I played all 4 years in high school and really enjoyed it!

So excited for everyone's appointments! yay!
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Sylvia- everything at the gym is great. Yes my boss knows which actually makes my life easier because now I can block my schedule for appts and not have to label them so no one else knows except my boss.

So I have been obsessing on what I think my due date should be because I know I ovulate late. And now after figuring it out I think it is actually April 14 and not April 8. I figured this out so I can mentally prepare for the ultrasound and not be disappointed when I see nothing but a yolk. So that actually puts me at exactly 5 weeks today. Kinda sad but still excited none-the-less. I think I may started taking pics when I am 6 weeks who knows. I just told DH I want to make a scrap book on this pregnancy so I can have it later down the road whenever I want to remember this time in my life.

Soo exhausted and have an extremely early client tomorrow. So off to bed for me! Nighty night!!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby hopeful#3 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:54 am

Morning All,
Went to my appointment yesterday, and had to create a new ticker... :D Had my ultrasound, and because my cycle is longer than most, ultrasound pushed me back by 6 days. According to my LMP I was exactly 7 weeks. According to the developing "blob" LOL! That is all it looked like, I was 6 weeks 1 day. Either way, we got to see the heartbeating, and hear it. It was awesome. 118 BPM, and the technician said it looked wonderful.
Next appointment September 9th. Seems so far away! And I will be 10 weeks 1 day! Almost out of the 1st trimester. They have my EDD as 4/6/14. :D

I spent all night bawling my eyes out cause DH decided he didnt want to be so D! I am so pissed off right now that he took the one day that I was so excited about to be a butthead. I haven't even talked to him today. Nice right. Knock me up and be a butt. If I had the hours to take off of work, I wouldnt be here right now.

Anyway, enough about jerkface! Getting excited for all you other ladies to have your appointments.
hopeful#3

Postby angelfacexx » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:42 am

Sylvia - It's so funny that you linked that blog...when she gave birth I stalked her blog for two weeks waiting for her birth story. I bawled my eyes out. I'm loving reading birth stories and I'm currently trying to decide if I want pictures of me giving birth..not of my parts, but just a general idea of my labor in pictures.

Roni - Poo on you going back a week but remain hopeful. you never know :) The johnny appleseed thing is cute. My LO is a sweet potato this week and I definitely feel their tiny behind kicking away at my bladder. Little meanie :)

Blaire - My dad was almost most excited about me being pregnant. I'm his baby and I'm closest with him. I didn't show until literally just now..and even now people are still saying I don't look pregnant. I hope I'm one of those girls that just gets the belly and nothing else. My sister in law is that way. Either way I can't wait until it's obvious that I'm pregnant.

Hopeful - (I can't remember your name, I feel awful.) Wow! I didn't know you could hear the heart that early. I know you could see it but not hear! I didn't get to hear until 12 weeks! Lucky Duck! I know what you mean about your emotions...I'm about to share a story below...

So today I'm 18 weeks exactly...On my way to work a bird decided it wanted to commit suicide and fly out in front of my SUV. Let me just say feathers went everywhere. A normal person would feel bad for a few minutes and go about their day...but a pregnant lady(this is what I did at least) will instantly start sobbing and apologizing to God, the birds friends and family, and want to pull over so you can pick it up give it a proper funeral and burial. I came into work sobbing and I work with all male attorneys..and they were just having a ball laughing at me. That's okay. Ima pay them back at some point today :twisted:
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby vswright34 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:10 am

hopeful- that's exciting you saw the heart beating!!! So jealous right now! If your jelly bean was a blob at 6 weeks what the heck will mine look like!! Haha sorry dh is being a jerk face.

Angel- omg.. I cannot stop laughing. Asking forgiveness from God and the birds family and friends hahahahaha. Your too cute!! I have a friend who was super petite during her whole pregnancy and right at 7 months BOOM she had a baby bump that actually looked like a preggo tummy and not chubs. It'll come!!

So excited for both angel and Sylvia to find out the genders soon!!!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:59 am

Roni - That's awesome that your boss knows and you can block off time for ur appts and stuff. I didn't do my first u/s till 8 weeks, and I had already gone in for my 1st appt. So, don't be too disappointed if they want to wait for your next appt to do the u/s. For that first appt it's really nice just to have the reassurance that YUP you're still prego (because they will prolly test ur pee again) - and kind of just get any questions answered by your dr, they will most likely lay out the rough schedule for upcoming appointments and all. It's kind of a reassurance appt. :)

Angela - Woo hoo!! So happy for you that you heard the heartbeat, and so early! That's very exciting. Sorry ur dh was being a butthead. I had a real hard time with my dh in the beginning - getting him connected with the pregnancy and all. It wasn't really real for him until a bit later and now he is finally getting excited about baby stuff, feeling my tummy, etc. Hopefully you can bond more with your dh before too long and he will stop being mean to the prego lady. ;) We are SENSITIVE!!! Like uber. haha

Angel - Yeah I've thought about having pics done too while in labor/etc. I've seen some pretty amazing galleries of labor shots pinned on Pinterest. But WHO? I dunno who I'd hire to do them. I mean I know DH could take them but I'd rather have him focused on me rather than looking thru a lens. haha That's so cute that your lil baby is the size of a sweet potato!! I can't wait till mine is that size and I can feel it kicking like you do. That will be so awesome!! :) You had me totally cracking up with your bird story. Apologizing to God, the birds friends, and family?! haha Oh man, you're killing me! hehehe That sucks your whole office is guys and they were all giving you crap. Thank goodness you have us to vent to, but then again most of us are laughing too. ;) Oh the joys of being prego and emotional.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:10 am

sylvia- originally that was what my first appt was suppose to be. Just a sit down and chit chat but because of my spotting scare last week she wanted to do the ultrasound this appt also. That is the only reason I know for sure we are doing one. Unless she changes her mind last min. :P

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Roni - Oh okay! I'm sorry that I misunderstood that the u/s is definitely planned. How cool! That's super exciting. Even seeing the blob is so sweet. My doctor said "There's your little booger." I was like "My booger?! 8O" haha Protective mama getting all defensive. But nah, it's very awesome that's for sure.

Well, my appointments went pretty well today - The first one, with my Dr. was pretty sweet because I actually got an u/s with her too - and we got to see the little baby and it was so alert and moving around like crazy. The shots are below! :) I LOVE the one where it's looking right at the camera. hehe - Then my next appt was at 12:30 and I was instructed to eat 30 mins before and bring water to drink. Well, I ate at 12:00 and by 12:30 I was at my appt, and the techs did not show up until 1:00, we had to watch a dumb video and they didn't actually start the ultrasound till 20 mins later. By then I had already gone to the bathroom 3 times (cuz I'm prego ya'll!!) so the assistant kept making me drink more water. Well the ultrasound tech said "No he shouldn't have given you more water because your bladder is too full to see anything." So back to the bathroom I went. And I felt like I was doing everything wrong even though I was doing exactly what they told me to do - But my baby was super sleepy by then (1 1/2 hours later practically) and didn't want to move much - so getting the measurements was hard. And they kept asking me "When did you eat? How much did you drink?" *sigh* :( So it was pretty frustrating cuz I had to keep shaking my hips and all and she kept jabbing my abdomen with the ultrasound wand but in the end we got the measurements. Just a crazy appt cuz I felt like they should have been more clear with their instructions, because even doing what they said they made me feel like I did everything wrong. Okay end of rant. Sometimes you just gotta get it out.

Here's my lil' plum lookin' right at ya! 8)

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:25 pm

Omg Sylvia!! Your "booger" is so precious!!! Sorry you had a frustrating appt.

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:30 am

Hey Chall - Just thinkin' about you going to your first appointment today! Good luck with everything, girl! :) Hope all goes well! Tell us about it!

Everyone else - Hope you have an awesome day - I'm dragging today. I just wanted to climb back into bed and ZZZzzzzz. :) But we are tough right?! haha

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups