SMEP sisters - it worked!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters - it worked!

Postby hopeful#3 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:26 am

Carol - Good Luck on your appointment today! :D Let us know how it goes!

Veronica - Same will go for you tomorrow! :D

Sylvia - Your "Little Booger" is precious! HAHA Mine's a "Blob" and yours is a "Booger" Love it!

Angel - My name is Angela... :D Should be easy to remember for you.... :D So excited to find out what you are having! Next week is your appointment right?

So DH was a little nicer yesterday, but I wasn't in the mood to forgive him. So I pretty much ignored him all day. He has to learn that I will not tolerate his BS. So when he acts a jerk, I ignore him. Until he comes to his senses. Well, I am at work, so I should probably get something done while here. Although this place pisses me off so much, and the lady I work right next too, is being an uber WITCH! I mean yesterday she threw a box in the middle of the office floor... and then today she is being pissy about some work we have going on. And she already sent the email, so I said "Well then, it's yours." And she got all upset and crumpled the paper up in a ball and threw it in the trashcan. Mind you, she is older than my mother... so WTF!

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful day!
hopeful#3

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:54 am

Chall - Good Luck at your appointment today!

Sylvia - I know what you mean by getting defensive. I sometimes get angry and how much people tell me LO is a girl..even though it very well could be..it still aggravates me to no end. I'm sorry your appt was frustrating. I know how you feel there too. You are given instructions to do something and then when the other person messes up it's like "dumb pregnant girl can't listen"...My u/s tech asked me last time if I had caffeine before my u/s because LO was all over the place and heart rate was 190...I was like :? no....and she looked at me like I was lieing to her :mad: I mean seriously if I had caffeine it would be a silly thing to lie about. I also feel like because I look so young (I literally get asked by teenagers which highschool I go to in walmart) that the women at the OB office think I'm like 16 or something. I don't think I'll be able to part with my wedding/engagement ring because of fear of judgement. I feel like I should wear my high school graduation shirt stating the fact that I graduated 6 years ago. lol

Angela - I thought that was your name! I just didn't wanna sound like a complete moron. That suuuucks about pissy woman beside you. I have no tolerance for pissy people unless they're pregnant (maybe i'm biased) LOL. My DH was acting like a complete ASS the other day and made me really angry...so angry I cried. He knows when I'm that mad, he had better straighten up and fly right or hell will be paid. he's been top toeing around me since. I just have these awful mood swings lately. Hope your day gets better! My appt is next monday..and holy moly am I on pins and needles! This week is going by terribly slow as well, which blows. And I work to work over almost everyday this week, so that's another drag. But HEYYYY 3 day weekend, I won't complain!

Roni - Tomorrow is the day! Are you excited yet?!
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby vswright34 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:26 am

Good morning!!

Carol good luck today!!

Angel- I am sssssooooo excited its killing me!! Hahaha

That is do funny yal have been upset cause I was to yesterday hahaha I bought dh a book "dude your going to be a dad". And I asked him to read it through at least the first trimester and first appt chapter so he understands how im feeling when I complain that my boobs hurt or if I burst into tears(only happened once! Haha) and I mean it's only 20-30 pages long.. Well he still hasn't started it and I wanted him to read it by tomorrow. So there may be some water works tonight. I got him the book which is an extremely easy read so he knew where I was coming from with my body doing its own thing and acting strange and it lists what wil happen at appts but NNOOO my dh won't even open the book.. I may slap him with the book.. Who knows, maybe a good book slap will knock some sense into him and show him im not asking too much hahahaahha ok ok I sound like a crazy person lol.

I don't know about you ladies but I have been really tired. Luckily I have time to nap at least an hour once a day but the last couple of days I haven't had time to get it in and it hit me like a brick wall yesterday at work. I kept yawning in my clients face hahahaa

Have a good day ladies!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:54 am

Roni - You do not sound crazy. You sound like any pregnant woman trying to get her DH to connect with the pregnancy. The moment my DH found out I was pg(the week before mothers day) he secretly ordered a pregnancy book for me. He gave it to me for my first mother's day present. I asked DH to download apps on his phone that gives him short daily updates and weekly updates on what I'm feeling and what he can do to take pressure off of me, whether it be a foot massage or cleaning out my car...He hates reading so that's why we went the app root. He is always calling baby by whatever fruit or veg the baby is and when I say something about a symptom I'm having he says "well my app says you can do this to help with that". I think he enjoys knowing how I feel and what emotions I'm probably having...Perhaps you can try that route if he refuses to read!

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby hopeful#3 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:03 am

Angel - Your DH sounds so sweet. :D I am just thinking that my DH is a boar! LOL!! Although he did call to apologize yesterday, and said that he wasn't trying to upset me, and that it is not good, and he didn't want his "little blob" getting upset. I mean he knows things like stress are not good, but yet, he stresses me out, and then thinks that an apology is going to get this preggo lady happy again! NOT LIKELY!!! LOL!

I had to fuss at him the other day, because I needed to do laundry, but refused to walk into our laundry room because that is where the cat "poo-poo" box is... I said, you know I am not supposed to clean it out. But if I dont do laundry soon we are all walking around naked. So... (Obviously hinting that he needed to clean the box...) Tell me why, 2 days later, I am sending my 8 year old in there to try and clean the box. GRR!!

Ok, enough complaining! I have to figure out what I am having for lunch, cause I am STARVING! (By the way, anyone else as excited as I am to start shopping?) I want to go so badly, but wanna wait at the same time!
hopeful#3

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:33 am

Angela - DH is SUCHHH a sweetie pie...that's why i feel sooo bad when I get all hulk angry on him. If DH didn't clean out that liter box when I asked him to, I would have hidden all of his clean clothes and been like "well, if you'd clean the liter box then you'd have some clean clothes, now wouldn't ya" LOL. OMG THE SHOPPING. You have no iddddeaaaa how excited I am for monday. We haven't bought the first item for the baby or nursery :cry: :oops: and here I am almost halfway done. I am a type A personality so the fact that I don't have any cloth diapers, the nursery painted(have to buy a house first), a glider ordered or a single stitch of clothing is very worrying to me. Once I get that gender on monday I'm off to babytopia and probably going to spend a good $500. lol

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby hopeful#3 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:39 am

HAHA! I cannot wait to go shopping. :D I too wanna wait until the gender U/S though. I want to go to Babytopia! :D Instead, there are a bunch of stores I could go to, but none of them are close... So it would definitely be an all day shopping excursion.
hopeful#3

Postby chall » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:46 am

Hi ladies! Just got back from my appointment! They didn't do much today, as I expected - I peed in a cup and (duh) test was positive. The doctor did a quick internal exam and everything looked/felt normal. Then the doctor was asking me about my periods since the D&C, and when I said I had 2 in June (2nd one being the one before the bfp), she said well then it sounds like we can't be sure if your cycles were regular yet, we should get an ultrasound for dating purposes. To which I responded that I'm pretty sure I Oed right on time on CD14 or 15 due to temps and OPKs, but I'd be really happy to get an ultrasound anyway. She said "well let's just not tell anyone that you know that, so we can get this covered by insurance". I love this doctor :) So I need to call and schedule the ultrasound, and some blood work (standard stuff). And my next "first OB appointment" is Sept 11!!
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Chall - LOVE your OB already! I didn't have my first real "OB" appt until I was 12 weeks...and thats when the did the internal exam and all that awkwardness. LOL. I ALWAYS get this comment when having an internal done "you have a nice cervix" like...what does that even mean?! anyways...I hope you got your u/s scheduled soon, I can't wait to see your little bean!

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Ibarrita » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Angel - Glad I'm not the only one who gets that seemingly "Why are you so dumb?" schpeel from the u/s tech. And hey, that's pretty crazy that you get asked which high school you are from! That's going to come in real handy down the road when you are a bit older and still looking like you're in college! ;) That's so cute how your DH follows your pregnancy on the app. Mine Googles the week I'm on and reads up on the development all the time. It's so sweet when they totally know what's going on with the baby AND have an idea of what you are experiencing too. Monday is your appointment? GAHHHH! I'm so excited for you!! Sorry my thoughts are bouncing all over the place and random - Just replying to most of what you said. haha

Roni - bahahaha Just imagining you slapping your hubs in the face with his new book! Men! I was a lot more emotional during weeks like 4-7 or so of my pregnancy. I seriously cried like 8-10 times because I felt like DH didn't really even care about the pregnancy or didn't seem excited enough. I felt devastated because I had this idea of how he "should" be and he was kind of just casual about it...UNTIL he saw/heard the heartbeat at 8 weeks, and from then on he has been really excited about everything and very sweet - rubbing my belly, talking baby products with me, etc. haha I totally get what you feel about wanting him to read up on what's going on and all. Hopefully he comes around soon. :)

Angela - Shopping?! AHHHHHHHHH!!! I cannot wait. I don't think anyone gets my excitement besides you girls. Everyone else is like "But..it's so early! WHY?!" I just feel like telling them "You're not pregnant. You don't get it. Don't worry about it." hahaha But yeah, I don't want to go overboard or anything, but I am definitely excited to have mom keep working on the crib bedding, start collecting my "accent color items" for my gray & white nursery (fuchsia or aqua), and if I just see a cute thing while I'm out shopping I could pick it up cuz I'd know for sure it's a boy/girl. So to say I'm pumped, it's an understatement. LOL

Chall - Yay for cool doctors that try to sneak in an u/s! :) I always LOVE seeing our little peanut. So excited for ya! I'm so glad everything went well for you today. Congrats to making new milestones, and here's to many many more! Love that most of us have our appointments pretty close together on here. My next one is on the 10th!

Anybody taking a baby moon?? I'm really torn on this. We just took a big trip to Europe in May - That was our last big trip before we conceived. And it was phenomenal. Lots of rushing around and not relaxing at all, but we saw so much. Now I'm kinda debating on a baby moon or not. I mean, it's always been something I've wanted to do, but now I'm like "New house. New furniture, decorating, etc. Baby coming in just about 6 months. BIG baby items like crib, rocker, changing table, stroller, etc. Must save so we are not broke during my maternity leave (since I don't have a enough vacay to cover the whole 3 months)" You know, all these thoughts, but at the same time, I'm like "But our last trip before baby!!!" haha I'm dying to go to Costa Rica. But I dunno. What about you ladies? Baby moon or no baby moon?
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Sylvia - Ahhh, the babymoon. I'm exactly where you on the whole to go or not to go...We are also purchasing a new house,new furniture, furniture for the nursery, not to mention cloth diapers, a convertible carset, new washer and dryer, etc. It's going to be an expensive year for us. I personally prefer to go to WDW (I'm a disney freak and prefer that over anything lol) and we always go at least once a year but we haven't gone this year and we probably won't. Between the new house and new furniture I just don't see how it's feasible. But in October DH and I are going up to North Carolina to see CATS! in Raleigh. We both love broadway shows...so I'm going to consider that our babymoon, since it's away from the house and 6 hours away. LOL

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby chall » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday! Can't wait!
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby vswright34 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:03 pm

For those of you getting ready for a gender scan I ran across this quiz on another thread. Take it and tell is what it says and then you can let us know of its right or wrong!! :D

http://www.babymed.com/gender-prediction-quiz
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Whoops! I think you posted your quiz results in the TTC SMEP group Angel - ;) No worries.

I took the quiz too and got the same results as Angel - 66% girl 33% boy

There were a couple things I didn't know though, like if my belly is pointy or where I'm carrying and stuff because I'm not really showing yet - Also, my Dr. never tells me what the HB is so I have no idea how fast my lil' plum's heart is beating. But hey, it was fun to do anyway. Can't wait! :)

Chall - Yay for a scheduled ultrasound! I'm so excited for ya!

Angel - Yah, I totally hear ya about the baby moon stuff. I think that's awesome you guys are still going to see CATS and all, that will be a nice little getaway. I have thought about just going to Austin to a nice resort or something - lets see. :) really just want to save $ and decorate the new house. :-p
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:18 am

Lol I noticed! Damn! I was exhausted

66 girl 33 boy

angelfacexx
Angel