SMEP sisters - it worked!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters - it worked!

Postby Ibarrita » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:25 am

Good morning chicas!!!

A big shout out to RONIIIIIII!!! :) Good luck with your appointment today girl! We cannot wait to see your little blob!! Post a pic! Post a pic! Fx for an awesome appt. Tell us all about it! :yay:

P.S. Did you slap him in the face with the book? Or did he cave in and read it? :) hehehe
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:38 am

Aw thqbis hub!! I'm soo excited to go!!! But nervous all at the same time I dunno why!!

And no I sent him a long email yesterday telling him that directly ignoring the fact that I asked him to read the book comes off to be that he doesn't care about the pregnancy and I said I just wanted him to feel included since im the one who has to carry the baby. And ya he read the book last night :D hahahaha I win!!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:10 am

Roni- good luck! I'll be refreshing all day waiting for updates! Lol
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby hopeful#3 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:19 am

Afternoon Ladies!

Roni - Waiting for updates! :D

As for me, I am so exhausted! I feel like I could sleep at my desk. Not to mention, I have been in the bathroom twenty times already today! GRRR!! LOL!!! :D Hope all you ladies are doing alright!
hopeful#3

Postby vswright34 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:36 pm

Hello everyone! Appt went great! I was right on the dating and the doctor seemed shocked that I was right lol veronica-1 Dr-0!! JP.

Baby is tiny like the size of a pen dot. And you could see the yolk. Scary side is I had ovarian cysts when I was younger and one has returned oj my left ovary. About 3cm. Dr isn't worries so therefore I will not worry. She said most likely my body will reabsorb it like it usually does. (only once about 7 years ago have I had one rupture) but we will continue to monitor it. Next appt I will be I think 9 weeks and its 2 days before my 25th birthday yay! Praying for a great birthday present and hear the heart beat!

I'll upload the pic when I get home in about 10 min!!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Sorry for my ugly fingernail! But that little white sliver is the yolk and that tiny little dot above it is my jelly bean! Weird to see it but at least we saw a little something :D

Lots of prayers that this baby keeps growing strong with a heartbeat we can hear in 4weeks!!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:29 pm

Roni - Score for WINNING with hubs and WINNING with the dr. haha You better just go buy a lotto ticket cuz ur on a roll, girl! Glad hubby is now informed and up-to-date on you, the baby, and all! :) And I loooovee your little apple seed! Isn't it amazing how they start soo incredibly tiny and then go on this growth spurt over just a few weeks and before you know it, your lil' apple seed will be a big ol' sweet potato like Angel's! ;) That's so awesome! Glad your appt went well, and hope it keeps on a growin'!!

Today I was looking at high chairs on Amazon...and strollers and bassinets and car seats. LoL Angela, do you have to buy all the baby stuff over again or do you still have most of it? I can't remember how young your youngest is...What are you ladies' thoughts about the co-sleepers or bassinets in bedroom with you while the baby is real little? I talked to a guy at work today that just had a baby, and his wife is sleeping on the floor of the nursery on a mattress, getting up every 2-3 hours to feed the baby, so that they will accustom him to the crib rather than let him sleep in their room. It seemed a little excessive to me, but I'm no pro about baby stuff, so maybe it's not a bad idea. Plus everyone can do their own system that works for them, and that's cool. I was always thinking I'd go the bassinet route till about 4 months or so, then move the baby to it's crib/nursery. What about ya'll?

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:38 pm

For me i think I would just stick to crib and a baby monitor. The baby room is literally right next to my room so it will be easy for me to jump back and forth.

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby hopeful#3 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:57 am

Sylvia - I have to start all over, as my youngest will be 7 in October! :D Yay for shopping!!!

AFM - I actually did the bassinet with my son, it was easier for me. But when my daughter came around, she hated the bassinet - or maybe my room? And she did nothing but cry all night. When we tried putting her in her own room with the crib and a monitor, she was happy. So I really let them decide. :D

I cannot wait to start shopping. My husband seems to think that we are going to stuff the baby in one of the kids rooms, and leave the extra bedroom as the guest bedroom... Um! NOT!!! I dont understand why he thinks that is going to work, but he has another thing coming. We only have guests like twice a year, and I am not putting my children out, or me out, becuase of that. We can always move furniture around if we have a guest coming.

well, today is a long day for me. Going from one job to the next. Don't know how I am going to make it, considering I can't stay awake past 9 lately! Guess we shall see.
hopeful#3

Postby Ibarrita » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:13 am

Angela - Ohhhh! That's interesting that one liked the bassinet and one didn't! Crazy how each kiddo can be so different. Maybe I'll just get an inexpensive bassinet in the case that the baby doesn't like it much.

I think that's a good idea that you just make your guest room the nursery especially if you only have guests a couple times a year - You can always put a day bed in the nursery too, and kind of use it as a spare room - I always had to move out of my bedroom growing up to allow guests to use my room. haha Kids usually don't mind it too much.

Wow! I forgot about your 2nd job as a bartender! I bet you will be zonked! Poor thing! How's your co-worker doing with the news that you are prego? Or have you even told her yet? I remember it was nice that you had her as a buddy to talk TTC stuff with...Hope your night isn't too rough! Yesterday I had one of those days where I hit a brick wall at about 2 and I could NOT for the life of me, stay awake. I went to the bathroom (we have one here that's just for one person) and this is gross I know :oops: (but I was desperate) but I just laid down on the tile floor and propped a roll of paper towels under my head. I conked out for about 10 or 15 minutes literally. I was just about to fall out of my chair at my desk. Sometimes the exhaustion is just brutal!

Any of you guys have fun plans for the weekend?? ANGEL!! 3 DAYS till you KNOW!! :yay: I'm totally excited for ya! Hope ur weekend flies by! haha - Now, that's a first! We're going to have a little pool party with some friends tomorrow afternoon and then go to a Texans pre-season game against the Miami Dolphins. I'm so pumped because I LOVE football. Right now in Houston, we have what's called "Houston Restaurant Weeks" where several of the nice area restaurants participate and you pay like $35 for a 4-course dinner - and they donate some of the money to charity. We're going Sunday night with some friends to celebrate the guy's birthday. Looking forward to a fancy date night! :) Plus they are one of the few couples that know I'm prego so no stress to hide any signs of a belly. :pregnant: haha

Hope you all have a fun and/or relaxing weekend!

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:34 am

Roni - What a little seed you have! Quite the looker! ;) I'm glad your appt went great!

Angela - Wow! I can't believe you're surviving being a bar tender on top of your day job. I would have already thrown in the towel. The first trimester exhaustion killed me. Your DH is trippin thinking LO won't be getting a nursery.

Sylvia - I'm actually going to be using a rock n play as LO "bassinet" http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=18165886
I've heard other moms swear by it in my DDC and know a few in real life that have purchased two because they are so convenient. They are light weight so you can travel and move them around your house.They are also great for babies with acid reflux issues. A friend of mine takes hers to restaurants so LO doesn't have to stay in the carseat (I think i read somewhere carseats should only be used when traveling and not a form of a bassinet.) It will also come in handy for DH and I because we are buying a convertible carseat that doesn't just snap into a base whenever...So it'll be handy when we go over to the in laws. And should we go out of town. Plus it's one of those things that you can place sleeping baby in, and take it with you to do dishes, take a shower, etc. :)
3 DAYS! I am so pumped! I don't know how I will sleep come sunday. I called my OB to see about the "full bladder" thing and she told me that some offices make you do that...but that I will not have too! So that made me even happier because I'd hate to have a full bladder with them pushing on my with the u/s wand. I'm having some fear about LO not showing their goods. Or something not measuring correctly or the worse thing that could happen that I won't even bother typing. Please pray and sent good vibes ladies! I'm a worrier so I'm over analyzing it I'm sure. I got off early from work today and now I have a 3 day weekend. I don't have any special plans, I'm going to start purging DH and My clothes to prep for the move, we have clothes from our highschool days still that we probably don't even remember having.

Hope you all are having an awesome day!
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby vswright34 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:03 pm

Holy morning sickness kick.... Omg.. I started getting a lil nausea when i have an empty tummy but right now i get myself to eat anything ugh.. I am trying to force down some rice to see if maybe my tummy is too empty but i keep having to take a break and too much saliva in my mouth... Ughhhhh i hope the day gets better! But at least i know my Johnny apple seed is doing this to me so it's worth it!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Blaire » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi ladies,
Just a quick note to say hi and yay for all the appts, I am going to sit down and read all the messages (there have been a lot) and take notes tonight or tomorrow as dh will be at work.

:)

Yay for Friday, waiting on a window repair man for an estimate on some work... I'm falling asleep so hope he comes soon.
Blaire

Postby chall » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi ladies! It's been a busy week at work so I haven't checked in a lot here. And I'm super tired when I get home.
Roni - Love your little seed picture! I can't wait to see mine on Thursday. The m/s is starting to get me too, though I don't always have it in the morning and it's not so bad I feel like I will puke. It's more of an all day thing for me, just an annoying queasiness if I haven't eaten recently. This of course means I feel like I need to eat ALL THE TIME.
Angel - I'm sure everything will be great for you on Monday. Can't wait to hear the news :)
Sylvia - I honestly haven't thought about bassinet vs crib yet. The baby room will be pretty close to our room, so I think I lean towards a crib + monitor set up. I also plan to try to use the same rule my parents did - my mom never once got out of bed for a night feeding with either me or my sister.. my dad always went to get the baby and brought it to her. They figured this was fair since she was the one that had to do the feeding (breastfeeding) and my dad would nap while she did it, then bring baby back. Seems like a fair deal to me :)
Hi everyone else I might have missed!

afm - LIke I said, the nausea is getting to be a bit more frequent, and definitely the peeing! Gosh, I almost never used to have to pee during the night... now I do every night! I can't imagine how much worse that going to get.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Blaire » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Good afternoon ladies,

Happy Saturday, boy am I tired, about to have nap #2 of the day before a BBQ at my folks then a going away party tonight for a friend.

Alright going to try to catch up on all your messages.

Angel, 2 more days till the big day, cannot wait to hear the news and that's so fun you guys will spend the afternoon shopping for the little one. Being young looking is great, give it 10 years and you can laugh in the face of the old biddies who make comments! A little trip to see cats w the dh will be a lot of fun! Nice little getaway.

Angela, sorry dh is being a jerk hopefully he'll smarten up soon, dh and I are known as a bickering couple...usually to get to a point I turn into a bitch, friends have commented in the past audit hurts as I do it as a reaction to him ignoring me etc and then I'm the bad person.
Very eating you got to hear the heartbeat, even though you were set back a little due to longer cycle. I hope my short cycle bumps me up a few days!

Sylvia, I play in a rec league, the someone since I was 4 years old. I just told my coach I'm in o "condition" to play a contact sport, some of the ladies are crazy that play now, and it's just for fun! I want to do a bassinet as its easier then going down the hall and hubby wouldn't hear a rooster next to his bed so not likely he'll be of any help in the middle of the night. Love the pics of your little "booger" hehehe, if its a boy a perfect little nickname haha, not so for a sweet little girl! I want to do a baby moon as does hubby but he told me no more Caribbean as we've gone 3 times in the past few years and I don't want to do Europe or somewhere else if I'm 6 months pregnant, so we will see.

Carol, yay for having apps number 1 and getting an us scheduled! I can't wait till mine. Anymore name talk w dh? I always tell my hubby naming a kid w it's first name after someone often leads to disappointment. I like second names being a family name but everyone should have their own name! (I hope as it goes on he opens to discussion a bit more)

Roni, Johnny Appleseed is gorgeous, very excited you got to see it after your stressful time. I also bought a boom for hubby "she's having a baby, you're having a breakdown" and he has not even ,ore then glanced at it, I'm kind of a annoyed also. I told him today I'm putting the baby app on his phone as my work has access to my phone and I don't want them to see it before I tell them.

Well ladies, I'm sleepy all day everyday Nd then wake up too pee 2 or 3 times a night and latest is back pains. At night I'm also bloated big time every night, can't wait till the belly is not gas and it's the baby!!

:)
Blaire

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups