Brits do babies

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Brits do babies

Postby Littlemissbroody27 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:34 am

Hi Ladies form the TTC boards

I hope you all find this thread
Littlemissbroody27
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Brits do babies

Postby Sen » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:46 am

Thanks for the PM Littlemiss!

What a fab idea to continue over on this side :)

Lets hope the others come aboard and it won't be long before the ttc Brits group follow over with some BFPs.
(Me)Charlotte - (DF)David - (DS)Lincoln
Our TTC Blog - http://tasmainia8.wordpress.com/

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic Pregnancy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby CH-UK » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi girls!

Thanks also littlemiss for the PM. Appreciate it and would be nice to keep our group going!

I really hope it isn't long until the others can join us too.

How you both doing?
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:55 am

I'm doing ok thanks ch-uk!
Bad nausea from around 4.30pm until I go to sleep though. The only thing which keeps me able to deal with it is eating. But I've now gained 6lbs and was shocked. I really don't know what to do I'm quite upset about it!!

Bbs very sore and exhausted most days too :)

How are you both feeling?!

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby CH-UK » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:54 am

Sen I feel the exact same as you except that I feel sick from the minute I open my eyes until I go to sleep. Like you, I am eating non stop as it helps. The minute I feel hungry the sickness feeling intensifies so I'm eating little and often. Lemonade is really helping and ginger biscuits. I've also put on a little bit of weight and my work trousers are already tight! Glad I can at least eat though. I've rushed to the toilet a few times to be sick but just heaving...wonder if/ when sickness will start. I'm exhausted this weekend too but have had a crazy week at work which hasn't helped.

I have an early scan next sat so this cannot come round sooner!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:41 am

It's so horrible isn't it!
I can't even describe it, it's like being so utterly starving you want to be sick but it's not happening! Or like being trapped on a boat with sea sickness.
Urgh can't wait to 2nd tri!!
Glad I'm not the only one piling on pounds, I'm trying to swap my cookies for fruit now to prevent anymore weight gain.

Really exciting that you're going for a scan!! It's an amazing feeling :)

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby CH-UK » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:25 am

yeah it isn't nice!

I have completely gone off tea and chocolate which isn't a bad thing....but....I'm loving everything else that is bad for me lol like large bags of crisps, bacon! I've just eaten a large curry and several popadoms lol...

Bought a load of healthy things yesterday but just not appealing to me! ATM I am eating anything that takes away the sickness feeling.
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:23 am

I've been stuffing sausage rolls, cheese and onion crisps, apples, yoghurts and big bowls of crunchy nut cornflakes!!

I bought some ginger biscuits but they make me nauseous now. Mint, ginger, left over dinner and milk make me gag big time. Just the thought of anything menthol makes me want to throw up eww...

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Littlemissbroody27 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:58 am

Hi ladies -

I've been the same - feeling pretty nauseaus while not actually being sick, the only think that helped was eating regurlary and small amounts - I dont even know how much i've gained! lol i'm not looking :)

Also have been exhausted though not quite so easy to go to bed early this time with my 2.5year old to run around after!

I'm more or less over the sickness now but just dont feel like eating anything in the evening - so have started using the canteen at work to have a decent lunch, then just toast for tea! I just can't eat a big meal anymore it feels so uncomfortable.

I just cant sleep now - not sure why, am already using a support pillow but am just restless throughout the night!

How many weeks are you both now...I was 17 on Sat, am looking forward to the 20 week scan on the 30th Aug, will definitely be finding out the sex this time, cant wait - if its a girl we've already got a name picked out Aania Alice - this was the girls name we both liked last time and we still like it.

We've told DS, and he's being really sweet - keeps saying he wants a sister, and he talks to the bump - I told him if he talks to my belly button that the baby can hear him...so he does its just too cute :D

Hope your scan goes well on Sat CH-UK
Littlemissbroody27
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:20 am

hey ladies
i'm still being sick....grrrrrrrrr!
it's so debilitating, although i have to say that i'm not waking up in the middle of the night to eat/be sick recently so hoping it's on the way out and i had 2 clear days of no puking/feeling great on the weekend. I have to agree with you all about the sleep, i usually wake up 3 or more times in the night...i give up at about 4.30/5 and get up but last night was the first night i slept right through to the alarm at 6.45 bar the usual toilet trip woohoo!!!
i'm also the same as you about eating in the evenings...usually after 4.30 i can't handle anything...i'm starving but i don't want to eat/fancy anything...no one i now can understand why but i find it so upsetting as every suggestion of food makes me heave!
napping in the middle of the day is still happening but i only have 2 1/2 weeks left to sort all this out before i go back to school.
my next scan is on the 28th so cant wait to finally find out how the little onion is doing and i can get excited about names...we hav a boy first name Arlo but nada for a girl...well about 15 names on the list that i keep changing my mind about...none are really wow for me! Everyone i know thinks it's a girl so that is what i'm excited to see at scan...if they were right!
how about u guys....what do u think u r carrying??
missAstar

Postby Sen » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:08 am

Hey MissA, glad to hear you slept through the night and the nausea may finally be coming to an end!
My next scan is also 28th so hopefully we will both have a pic to share!
I really don't know if I'm carrying a boy or girl. All the march babies in my family are boys so ill be breaking the code if its a girl!
I was nausea free yesterday but just woke up from a nap and its just kicking in again now. It's a real drag.. :)
I needed a midnight snack last night so ate some peanut butter, no idea why but now the thought of peanut butter is making me feel sick.

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Littlemissbroody27 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:57 am

Hi MissA sorry to hear you're still being sick! Glad its easing a little though hopefully it'll be much better by Sept for you :)

I'll have a scan pic to share on the 30th hopefully i'll know what were having then - i'm not sure - this pregnancy is different to the first so i'm hoping its a girl

i'm getting heartburn and indegestion already - have got the gaviscon out early this time round!

I've also got possible pelvic girdle pain (PGP, used to be SPD) and have been refered for a group physio session next week, apparently it if it gets worse then I'll get proper 1 to 1 physio - but have to go to this group session first!

Hope the beans are all well (and the mummy to be's)

Will this baby be the first for all you you? its #2 for me :D

x x
Littlemissbroody27
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:39 am

baby no 1 for me...and i can feel it!!!hehehe for about a week i've felt a butterfly/popping sensation just once or twice in the week and it's increasing, this am i've already felt a wiggle and a jab of some sort! haven't puked this morning so horray but have gone to heave twice...controling by breathing really helps!
I didn't ask if u were going to find out the sex...i am...i hate surprises and like to be very prepared!
Shall we send an e-mail to the other bfps to let them know we r here?
TTFN
missAstar

Postby Sen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:55 am

Baby #1 for me!
Do you think Sapphire will follow us over here!?

I caught my first cold virus so I'm relaxing miserably on the sofa today following my 1st midwife app.

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby CH-UK » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:34 am

Baby number 1 for us too!

2 days until my first scan!

We're not finding out the sex. I am super impatient and organised but at the same time want a surprise!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups