Brits do babies

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Brits do babies

Postby missAstar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Oh we get 4 2 hour sessions. But all of them are during the day so will go onmaternity
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:30 pm

How are you MissA?
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby sam32 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:36 pm

WOOO! I found you all :D

Gonna claim my spot here whilst I still think I can. Just very worried something is going to go horribly wrong before I ever get to hear a heartbeat or see a scan at this rate. First appointment with midwife is 18th December at home. Driving me crazy not knowing anything yet.
Me (33) OH (36)
:bfp: 12/11/13 dpo 11.
It's a girl! :babyg:
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
sam32

Postby CH-UK » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:21 am

Hi Sam, welcome! Not very much happening here so nice to have you join this side!

It's common to worry Sam but you have no symptoms to suggest anything untoward so try not to stress yourself out- easier said than done I know I've been there and the worry doesn't stop tbh even when you get past the first scan.

I didn't hear HB until my 16 week private gender scan and then 16 week app with midwife. You dont generally hear the HB at scans, just see it which is good enough. I got a Doppler so could hear baby's HB whenever I wanted which gives reassurance but they can stress some people out if you obsess. I haven't used it since about week 11 as I've tried to chill out a bit!

When's your 12 week scan Sam?
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby sam32 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:05 am

Hi CH, thanks! I got a doppler now, and tested it but I cant hear anything apart from my own HB. I guess I'm too early really, or at least I hope so!

Hopefully when I see the midwife tomorrow she will help sort me out for my 12 week scan. Should be mid January anyway. :)

Trying to de-stress right now, as had a disaster late last night with a burst pipe upstairs, that decided it would leak into our kitchen below.... Was supposed to be having a new carpet laid today but because of the leak had to cancel it, so that won't be til January 10th now. And our shower is not working properly.... Plumber has been and fixed the leak though so that's something. Fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong. I did say though I thought something was going to go horribly wrong lol. I must be psychic!
Me (33) OH (36)
sam32

Postby sam32 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:40 am

K so I just used my doppler again, (9 weeks 6 days) took about half hour but I found the heartbeat! Strong and racing like a train, much different to mine! I'm so happy, I didn't realise it would make me feel so overwhelmed to hear it :D Shame it was only for a few seconds, now I can't find it, but wow, what a feeling that was!
Me (33) OH (36)
sam32

Postby CH-UK » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:03 am

It's lovely Sam isn't it! So pleased you heard it, I'm sure you will be able to hear it more regularly over the coming days / weeks. Our baby was down really low for a long time so had to dig deep to find her at first!! Try with a full
Bladder as this helped me find her better in the early stages.

Enjoy Hun
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Littlemissbroody27 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:55 am

Hi Ladies - I'm Back :)

Any of you still here?
CH - I know you wont be for too much longer ;) Hope all goes well tomorrow
Littlemissbroody27
Star Member
Star Member