Brits do babies

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Brits do babies

Postby Littlemissbroody27 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:36 am

We will be finding out the sex this time - I didn't last time and it was fab, I had in my birth plan that I wanted DH to tell me what it was, and I has a water birth and was on my front and Jack came out kinda behind me IYKWIM - so there I am waiting for DH to tell me if its a boy or girl but he is just so gobsmacked at what he has just seen that he can't talk...lol I'm there going 'what is it, what is it!' and the midwife was saying 'go on...tell her' it was quite funny really :D

Sorry you're not feeling well SEN - its annoying that we can't take anything! - I get terrible hayfever but no tablets for me this year - or next summer as i'll be breastfeeding! I've found this stuff called Haymax its like vaseline that you put on your nostrils its supposed to catch the pollen before it gets in your nose - kinda works I think!

I'll see if I can find sapphire on here otherwise i'll pm her from the TTC side

x x
Littlemissbroody27
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sen » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:22 am

Wow you girls are/have been patient not finding out the sex! DP and I want to know right away.
We saw our midwife yesterdat and she told us we won't get a scan until 20 weeks, which I think is late for a gender scan?! I don't think we can hold out that long!
(Me)Charlotte - (DF)David - (DS)Lincoln
Our TTC Blog - http://tasmainia8.wordpress.com/

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic Pregnancy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby missAstar » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:36 am

SEN its between 18 and 20 weeks usually...my mum recently went to italy and desperatly wanted to buy something but over there you find out the sex early - god knows how, my uncle is italian and he said it was thrugh a blood test at about 8 weeks. So basically when u go shopping everything is either pink or blue no neutral stuff...needless to say she managed to find a white blanket and sheet set!!!
So we went pram shopping yesterday and it turns out that i'm a superficial pram buyer!!!When my friend told me her pram cost £900 i choked and said "over my dead body...we've got better things to spend money on!"...then we went shopping!...normal prams are ugly and impractical!!!!and Julien is OBSESSED with prams, he researches every night on the internet. He's such a bloke and cares only for longevity, chassis and suspension but i want a big shopping basket and a pretty hood!!!!!anyway the long and short of it is by the time u buy all the bloody accessories, chassis, baby bag, hood, pram seat, push chair seat, car seat, converter kits etc etc etc its like £900 easy!well we did find some cheaper options but have discounted them for one reason or the other...it usually comes down to size of seat, size of basket and longevity based on reviews!
Anyone else been shopping yet?
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:25 am

Sen my friend found out sex of the baby at 16 weeks but that was by a private scan. Otherwise it's at the 20 week scan.

I have 6 nieces/ nephews (3 of each) so have a good idea of costing of things! MissA- as you say, for a decent/ nice looking pram they can be very pricey!

I can't wait to start shopping after the 12 week scan! Probably won't buy much (she says!) until 20 weeks because I think it's more exciting / real then! I will definitely start buying little bits after the main scan though. As we won't find out the sex this should limit how much I buy!!

This baby will be the in laws first grandchildren so bound to be spoilt rotten! (In a nice way). The in laws have said they will buy the pram so that's very helpful!

For us it's just trying to save hard core as I don't get paid to be off as I'm self employed so need plenty of £££££ to take hopefully 6 months off. Probably won't be able to be off any longer :-(
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby CH-UK » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:02 am

Anyone suffering with spots??!!!

I hardly ever get spots lol and usually have nice clear skin but currently have a face full!! Some little girls I am working with currently asked me if I have chicken pox today lol...gotta love kids!

Also burping like crazy!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sen » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Ch-uk I'm also self employed. Are you not claiming Maternity Allowence?

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby CH-UK » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Sen I've been looking into mat allowance this week and yes I will be entitled to claim that. I was quoted though £530 approx a month which won't even cover half of our mortgage so going to need a nice amount during the time I have off. It's better than nothing but gonna be tough, takes me back to uni days and working part time in retail.
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Littlemissbroody27 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:34 am

I don't have too long to wait now - my 20 week scan is on the 30th :D I'm dreaming about girls, a boy would be just as fab, just different, I would love to have one if each, and girl clothes are so much cuter than boys ones. If they dont manage to be able to see the sex properly then I'll be having a private 3D scan a few weeks later anyway so will hopefully be able to find out then - or confirm it anyway :)

I know where you are coming from having to save money - we only get 3 months maternity pay here in Jersey so I'm taking 4 months unpaid leave, we dont have a mortgage but our rent is super high and will also still be paying a little for Jack to stay in Nursery - i'm hoping to have him there for 4 mornings a week still!

Yes I have spots too and I uaually don't have them! an old wives tail is that if you are having a girl you will be all spotty and greasy hair etc because the girl is taking your beauty, and if its a boy you will be glowing and beautiful lol so here's hoping that my spots mean girl ;)

I'm lucky I still have most of things from Jack, and it mostly neutral as we didnt find out the sex last time. I had 2 buggies - the 1st was a silvercross it was good but didnt have all the features I ended up wanting - so I now have a Mammas & Papas Sola, in denim and stripes and I love it MissA it has good suspension we have used it alot on the beach and going for walks on uneven ground :) - and it only cost about £300, and it becomes a travel system with my maxi cosi car seat - which is fab.
One thing I really recomend to you ladies is a car seat with the base so you can just click the carseat in and out rather than having to use the seatbelt all the time!

I'm missing loking at all baby stuff so this time I am probably going to use reusable nappies so am researching them instead :) Jack used to get terrible nappy rash as a baby so i'm hoping that reuseables will help as they dont have all the chemicals in them.

x x x
Littlemissbroody27
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sen » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:05 am

I'm having a boy then! No spots here other than the odd pimple :)

Littlemiss I really can't wait to hear what you're having! 30th isn't long away now. I hope it's healthy and perfect but will send you Girl Baby Dust too!
We also rent and our monthly outgoings are high, it can be tough but honestly it's never going to get easier!

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby CH-UK » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:56 am

I guess it won't be long to put that old wives tale to the test littlemiss!

I was told by a medium earlier in the year that I would fall pregnant and that there is a little boy 'at my feet' so I'm interested to see if she is right....got a long wait though lol. So maybe the spots don't mean anything after all.

There are so many old wives tales right...my sister in law had two boys back to back and craved sweet things with both pregnancies which apparently is suggestive of having a boy...so this doesn't fit with me either as I'm craving savory stuff and fatty foods.

I think we can drive ourselves mad with all those myths so I don't tend to believe any of them!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sen » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:36 am

CH-UK you need a ticker girl! :D

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby CH-UK » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:07 am

Hi girls

So, had the scan today and all looking good. Baby is in the right place and the heart was beating away. The yolk sac and amniotic sac were both seen. Measurements are consistent with my dates, 7 weeks 1 day. Just the one baby!

Edd is 4th April.

How do I get a ticker Sen??
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sen » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:23 am

CH-UK:

User Control Panel
Edit signature
Copy the URL Code of yoyr ticker into the box.

If you click on my ticker it will take you to the website where you create your personal ticker. You can also use other websites such as Lilypie too.
It's pretty simple, have a go its fun!

Also yay for the scan!! How wonderful I'm so pleased for you. 7 weeks gone already wow doesn't time fly!! Do you have a scan pic??

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby CH-UK » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Yes have two pics but baby is soooo tiny and not much to see!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby CH-UK » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:59 am

I now have a ticker!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups