Brits do babies

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Brits do babies

Postby Sen » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:15 am

Yay! Very cute ticker :)
(Me)Charlotte - (DF)David - (DS)Lincoln
Our TTC Blog - http://tasmainia8.wordpress.com/

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic Pregnancy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Littlemissbroody27 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:43 am

Hi Ladies -

Just checking in - how are you all?
Nothing going on here really - I think I have got a but of my energy back :D

I'm trying to get my life a bit more organized as i'll need to be once the baby arrives - I work full time and also do all the bills and paperwork (and accounts) for my husbands business from home - on top of all that I obviously will still need to do the cooking/shopping/cleaning/laundry...etc etc...and when I go back after maternity leabe Jack will be starting school nursery so will be needing packed lunch every day and also a proper dinner in the evening (currently at the private nursery he had a hot meal at lunch time and tea before I pick him up so I dont need to worry about feeding him in the week!) - so as I'm not the most organized person in the world I thought I had better start some good habits now!
A friend recently sent me a link to a website called Flylady.net and I have started using some of her tips - its already made quite a bit of a change in my home - DH is a bit of a neat freak so has always complained (more so since Jack arrived) that the house is always untidy and blah blah blah...I always used to say to him that it may be untidy but it is clean and thats the main thing! but actually now I have started doing a little every day (morning and evening) and it has made such a difference :D

Hoe you are all well x x x
Littlemissbroody27
Star Member
Star Member

Postby CH-UK » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:50 am

Hi littlemiss!

Sounds like you are busy getting things sorted and making some changes before the baby's arrival! Its hard to do it all right?! Men don't have a clue how hard we work ha ha.

I personally do like to stay on top of house work and things though but as you say it's hard with working full time etc. we also have quite busy lives outside of work. I usually have Saturday as my proper cleaning day, ironing maybe on a Sunday. As its just the two of us that's enough at the moment but we're going to have to make changes too once the baby comes.

I'm already wondering how I'm going to manage going back to work, cooking when I get back etc. I suppose I'm jumping the gun a little. Life will change a lot for us and I'm looking forward to that, cannot wait to have our little family!

I'm doing ok. Tired, hungry, nauseous still. Had some cramping today, guess this is just normal as things are stretching. They are just light cramps, nothing heavy.

Ladies am I mad to still be poas lol?? Just checking I've still got strong lines! I have one left so will stop after that!!

Crazy I know!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Hey alll...my nausea and vomiting has finally stopped hurrah!only took 18 weeks!,!in France now for mil's 60th celebrations part 2! My mother has come over too and its gonna b a full house with all the guests, just hope I have the energy to get through the marathon meals that take hours to eat!!!hot weather though so making full use of the pool!
Yey chuk fab news on scan!hope the symptoms aren't drivin U crazy!
thrive just started showing and hopefully will b putting back weight soon...scan on weds next week so U can take bets on gender for fun based on symptoms: greasy hair, sickness, craving sweets, significantly lowered blood pressure, gassy particularly burping!!big boobs but stopped growing quickly.
Enjoy the weather!
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi all

It's gone quiet on here!

How are you all??

MissA, good to hear from you. Good luck for the scan tomorrow. I say BOY...

Cannot wait to hear the outcome! I hope you have enjoyed your break and all that lovely food.

Sen- how are you doing?

LittleMiss?
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby CH-UK » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm thinking with the lower blood pressure could that actually be a girl, I have no idea but my friend who is having a girl has had low blood pressure. This may not mean anything though.

My other friend who had a big also due in October has high blood pressure...

I can't change my mind now so ill stick with boy lol...
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:37 pm

Thanks CH!!
i dont want to jinx anything by saying boy or girl but all my family have bought something in blue/pink and plan to give it to us if they are right!!!
i'll let you know later!
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:18 am

That's so cute!

Excited to hear the news!!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:19 pm

ALL THE FAMILY WERE WRONG!!!hahahaha!!!
we had our scan today and the bugger had his legs over his head, arms over his heart and head on his chest!!!
yes u read right....we are having a boy! have to go for another scan next week as they didnt get a proper view...thats the second stubborn scan now!the sonographers were in hysterics!!!
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:41 pm

So I was right! Yay! First time I have ever got the sex of an unborn baby correct.

Congratulations! How are you feeling?

I was told by a medium that I 'had a baby boy at my feet' back in march and she said I would conceive this year. I wonder if she is right about the sex!

MissA what is it with burping and bad skin? I have never ever had spots like this on my face even as an adolescent!! My face looks horrid :-(

The burping is driving me crazy too, literally burp constantly!

Soooo happy for you!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:14 pm

burping is insane! luckily my skin was horrific before i got prgnant...it got a lot worse during weeks 5, 6, and 7 and now my skin is amazing! Hair is still rough though, but need to get a good cut and colour!
Just need a middle name now!!!
missAstar

Postby Sen » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:40 am

Congrats MissA!! A baby boy thats so adorable! You are lucky you have great skin, I'm still in the spotty faze! Although I did use a semi-perm colour last week as my hair was disgusting..

I had my 10 week 3D scan last night ladies! Here's the teddybaby, can you see it??

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby CH-UK » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:47 am

I see it clear as day Sen!!

What a beautiful pic!

You must be so happy.
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:54 am

OMG Sen thats amazing...how come you got a 3D? did you pay for it? we'll get a 3D scan i think as we have had no good baby shots out of all the scans he just looks like an acrobat in a really awkward position...not peacefully sleeping like most pics i see!!!
i'm going back again for a scan next week - which puts me up to 5 n 20 wks...he is such a stubborn mule!!!and i'm still being sick!!!although eating more each day and starting to stop loosing weight!
looking orward to hearing from your scan littlemiss...is it today? GL
missAstar

Postby Sen » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:14 am

Thank you so much ladies, it was such a magical evening, my heart really leapt when bubs started wriggling around!
We paid privately for a 2D, 3D & 4D scan in Hampshire. It was about £45 I think (DP paid!). It lasted around 20mins, although we were the last couple so we got an extra 5mins or so.
The technition spent lots of time looking around, giving up several oppertunities to listen to the heartbeat, as well as 3 free pics at the end. It's well worth paying for a private scan, if nothing else it gives you little bit of extra reassurence before being able to feel baby moving later in pregnancy.

CH-UK when are you, and how are you, planning on breaking the news?!

Miss A so sorry you are STILL being sick! I really hope it passes soon for you, it's gone on long enough. I hope you get to see a little more at your 3D scan and I look forward to seeing pics here.

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups