Brits do babies

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Brits do babies

Postby CH-UK » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:27 am

Sen, that sounds great and I agree that a private scan is well worth the money just for assurances alone. I in fact would have one every fortnight lol but DH tells me it is completely unnecessary to have any more before the 12 week scan! I think the price you paid for a 2D &3D is great!! We will have a private 3D scan later in the pregnancy.

We've actually told most of our family!! We were toooooo excited to keep it a secret as was our parents so the secret is out for us. We told most of them after the early scan. I feel positive though.

Now I've calmed down a bit about it I wished we had waited a little longer to tell extended family as it was a little early but it's too late now to go back on that!

I haven't told anyone at work apart from my manager and two girls who picked up anyway due to how crappy I look and how much I am eating lol. Sounds crazy too but I actually have a 'belly' already and a little shape. I'm only 9 weeks today! My mum said she was the same though and the midwife said I could be one of those people who gets bigger quickly and then doesn't put on as much weight in the second tri

Who knows...this is all new for me!!

Sen, I know you've been more reserved because of your history but are you starting to feel any better now?
When are you planning on telling people, after your 13 week scan? Not long to go now.

MissA- Just when you thought the sickness was getting better. I feel for ya girl.

I'm starting to feel more nauseous of a night now. Anyone else have this? I feel so sick as the day goes on and bette in the morning the past few days.

Still spotty as hell, it is horrible and burping like crazy!

Little miss- how did your scan go today?
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Littlemissbroody27 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:25 am

Hi Ladies

I don't even know where to start - I have had the worst experience of my life - I've lost the baby - it was a boy but I never had the scan!

Sunday 25th, I'm doing a food shop with hubby and I feel like i'm leaking - I thought it was a bit of wee, it was stronger when got home, so I put a pad on,

Monday 26th I started bleeding in the night so a bit freaked out I called the midwives at the maternity ward - and was told that as it want hurting or too heavy to wait until the morning and see my GP, but to go to A&E if it got heavier or I was in pain.

Tuesday 27th Early morning about 5.30 I passed a huge clot so called an ambulance and went to A&E
Was admitted to the Gynae ward and heard the heartbeat eventually, I had an infection so was put onto a drip with fluids and antibiotics. I passed 2 more blood clots, so eventually they scanned me n the evening and found that there was no fluid around the baby - so appears that my waters broke on Sunday. I was moved into a private room on the maternity ward.

Wednesday 28th I was scanned again by my consultant and she confirmed that there was o fluid and that the baby whilst still alive would not develop properly or survive, so they gave me medication to induce labour.

Thursday 29th I delivered him late at night - he was perfectly formed just tiny, I came home on Friday.
We have named him Vinay John, and are having cremation at some point next week

I'm devastated I don't know what to do with myself, I'm still in shock I can't believe what has happened.
Littlemissbroody27
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:23 am

ohlittlemiss i'm reading this in shock, disbelief and tears....i know there is nothing i can say that will make you feel any better. i can only pray that you have the love and support of your family nearby to help you get through this difficult time.
i hope that you find comfort and solace in knowing that you are not the only one who has gone through this at this stage...both my aunts have had late miscarridges/still births and know that you are by no way at fault or are to blame for any of this. Your body did everything it could to battle the infection i'm sure.
If you want to talk through ANYTHING or literally just want to h
missAstar

Postby missAstar » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:26 am

sorry cat sat on computer mid type!!!
or literally just want to have some space, know that my thoughts are with you and i'm here for you should you need some extra support or just want to talk about girly things to take your mind off the stress you and your family have been through.
All my love for Vinay

extra contact details....jcwiggy@hotmail.com
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:08 am

LittleMiss I posted in our Brits ttc board. As MissA has said, there are no words to describe the pain and loss you guys must be feeling right now. The same thing happened to my friend at 26 weeks. Absolutely deverstating. My thoughts are with you and your family. Xx
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sen » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:18 am

LittleMiss, my heart just sank when I read this. My DP was shocked and speechless too.
We understand the pain and grief involved in loss very well.. Please surround yourselves with people who love you. xx :hugs:
(Me)Charlotte - (DF)David - (DS)Lincoln
Our TTC Blog - http://tasmainia8.wordpress.com/

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic Pregnancy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Littlemissbroody27 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:20 am

Thanks for the thoughts ladies - I am doing ok most of the time, but emotions are still very up and down, I find myself crying randomly - I'm keeping it together in front of Jack as he is too young to realise exactly what is going on, so I think it just all comes out when he's not around.
we still haven't had the funeral as we a waiting for the post mortem to be done, My Mum and Dad are coming to visit on Friday so I hope it will be when they are here.

I hope you are all keeping well x x
Littlemissbroody27
Star Member
Star Member

Postby CH-UK » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:47 am

I am still thinking of you littlemiss. X

MissA and Sen, how are you ladies?
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Still in shock about littlemiss tbh so have tried to let work take over...cant imagine the pain of poison bean so late. Afm im 23 weeks...seeing bean kick through my tummy now such is cool and feeling a host of different kind of movements!kids in my class R fascinated we measure each week and they talk toy belly!im reading them a book a out it as they are really inquisitive!
Dh and I are in opposing pram teams...he was all for the new bugaboo buffalo but has recently changed camp to the uppababy vista. Also seen some cool rockers from nuna-very cool designs and bought nursery furniture that was on offer its fern in putty from mammas n Pappas. Other than that I've only bought 2rompers from a little boutique my mum used to buy clothes from for me!

How U guys doin?
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 am

I know what you mean, it's just so sad and she's always in my thoughts.

I'm glad you are doing well missA! Sen I hope you are ok girl, been a while since we have heard from you.

I like the bugaboo Cameleon so will probably go with that. I haven't looked around yet but always liked this pushchair since I saw my friends last year!

I'm doing ok. Had my 12 week scan yesterday and everything is fine. The baby was moving around all over the place which was lovely to see. It's crazy to see what is going on in there as I obviously can't feel anything yet!
It really sunk in for DH yesterday since all we saw was a little blob at the 7 week scan!

Good to hear from you MissA!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:23 pm

just heard from mym dad and he's recommended going to the baby show in olympia - 25-27th October...apparently u can get huge discounts on prams! Mate of his bought her i candy for £200 saving...hoping Bugaboo will be there too! Also wanna check out cloth nappys as an option! If anyone is going let me know!
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi MissA, I'm going!

Bugaboo are there btw, I'm hoping to order mine there as I'm def set on a bugaboo. My friend ordered hers from the show last year and had no problems.

I'm looking forward to the show!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:24 pm

HAHA CHUK thats cool! my dad ironically sent me complementary tickets this morning so i dont have to pay too....bonus (i think his wife gets them as she owns a nursery)

1. r u going sat or sun?
2. have u seen the buffalo compared to the cam?
and 3. did your friend get any discount?

dont think ill get any discount on the buffalo as its just come out but fingers crossed!
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:38 pm

That's great!

We're going to go on the Saturday.

I prefer the cam, always been my fav! Just love the shape and everything about it.

I asked my friend and I'm sure she said she didn't get any discount but you never know I guess. It would be nice!

I'm hoping to see some nice furniture companies for the nursery. I want something different so hoping I see something there.

Who you taking with you?

I'm taking hubs, my mum and MIL.
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:54 pm

I'm going sat too...havent decided who's coming yet as parents in law R going to b back in a few weeks to help finish the extension b4 DS arrives..
Think I've convinced ju to come so the I laws will prob come too and maybe mum.dunno what we R gonna do about parking.if ju doesn't come I'll train it with mum and mil.
We've bought furniture but nothing else so we need a matress, monitor, wanna look at high chairs see what's out there, pumps, nappies, and a few toys...no doubt we'll end up coming home with everything we don't need!
missAstar

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups