Brits do babies

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Brits do babies

Postby CH-UK » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:13 am

Yes I bet we both do! I'll be close to 20 weeks then so will be more excited to shop! I've been researching breast pumps ATM. So much to think about!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:07 pm

ill be 28 weeks by then so hopefully can survive without buying anymore maternity clothes and i'll get some there!
i'll give you my number closer to the time and we can meet up and say hi!!!
rough week at work this week so i may go quiet for a while....literally, my tonsillitis is making a come back and i have parent's evening starting Monday...groan! TTFN
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Sounds good!!

Speak soon
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby sa1977 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:20 am

Hi all

Mind if I join? I'm a way behind all of you but I'm a Brit doing a baby!

Going for a viability scan tomorrow morning and feeling a bit nervous.

Sen - I had an ectopic last year so was very relieved when they could see the baby in the right place a week and a half ago. Just have to hope everything progresses normally now.

sa1977

Postby CH-UK » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:14 am

No not at all, the more the merrier!

Welcome and congratulations!

How far gone are you?

I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. MissA is in the running at 24 weeks!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby sa1977 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:09 am

I'm 6+2 weeks I think. Saw a heart beat today although it looks like I've got a vanishing twin. There are two sacs, one with a baby, one that is much much smaller. Just relieved there's a heart beat on one of them and hope it sticks around. My friend is around 24 weeks as well. We've got an over night stay at the Pudding Club hotel next week. Seems appropriate....plus eating lots of puddings can't be bad.

Congrats to you to. Have you got a bump yet?

sa1977

Postby CH-UK » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:32 am

I'm pleased you saw a HB but sorry about the vanishing twin. Will you have another US soon ? I had a private one at 7 weeks and didn't see much then.

Is this your first baby? It is ours.

Yes I've got a noticeable bump and I'm growing fast!!
I have been fairly lucky though and not had much sickness unlike MissA who has had it bad.

Haven't been sick in weeks now but did suffer with nausea constantly. I am so hungry all the time and eating like crazy! I'm usually size 8 but already in maternity work trousers as regular trousers just do not fit or feel comfortable!

Everybody at work has noticed my growing stomach, it's hard to hide it now!

Now can't wait to feel the baby move!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:20 pm

hi sa1977 welcome!!!finger crossed for your twin...i had problems early on so dont loose sight of the future, try not to think about it and relax (better said than done i know!)
im 25 weeks tomorrow and started properly showing at 23 weeks when i put on 2kg in a weekend!!!
started preg yoga this week...was a bit odd - thought there would be a lot more flexibility and stretching but it seemed to be more about sharing baby stories and relaxing but i did meet lots of people on the same week as me that live in literally the neighbouring streets so was really cool!
not long now CH and u will feel it...my mum and mother in law felt kicks at 16 weeks but i had lost weight -
missAstar

Postby missAstar » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:25 pm

hi sa1977 welcome!!!fingers crossed for your twin...i had problems early on so dont loose sight of the future, try not to think about it and relax (better said than done i know!) but so exciting that u may have twins! what made u go for an early scan if u dont mind me asking?!
im 25 weeks tomorrow and started properly showing at 23 weeks when i put on 2kg in a weekend!!!
started preg yoga this week...was a bit odd - thought there would be a lot more flexibility and stretching but it seemed to be more about sharing baby stories and relaxing but i did meet lots of people on the same week as me that live in literally the neighbouring streets so was really cool!
not long now CH and u will feel it...my mum and mother in law felt my baby kick at 16 weeks but i had lost weight - i hear its easier to feel when u r slimmer so at size 8 u should feel baby before 20wks!i have to admit it is like every 5 mins thinking was that it moving!!!now mine dances to music, reacts to washing bump in the bath and jumps when i swallow ice cold water!he's much mor active in the evening and during sitting down activities i think its because now hes bigger i squish him a bit when i sit up!!!
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:22 am

I can't wait for that MissA!!

You may have seen on our Brit ttc page that we have now decided to find out the gender! I had a feeling we might change our mind as time progresses and both DH and I now want to know!

Got a private gender scan booked at 16 weeks. At least if they are unsure we can have it double checked at the 20 week scan!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby sa1977 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:24 am

I'm thinking about having the private non-invasive down's and chromosone tests at 10 weeks and I think they do a scan at the same time to check the dates are correct so I guess that will be the next time I'd have a scan. They said the twin would hopefully be reabsorbed soon rather than come out through a bleed so I'm hopeful of that. There's no hope that it will start to grow and be normal. There was literally nothing in the sac. I was just relieved that it wasn't in my remaining fallopian tube as I saw that someone had that happen to them on one of the posts. She had a normal pregnancy in her uterus and then an ectopic in her tube at the same time. What a nightmare.

In terms of why I went for the early scan - I had an ectopic pregnancy a year ago so I had to go to be checked that it wasn't happening again. Was a massive relief to have them say it was in the right place then they offered me a re-scan for viability as it had been too early at that point for a heart beat to be visible. I'm keeping everything crossed at the moment as my mum just passed away and I so want this to be my silver lining.

That's cool the baby is so active. I'm sort of looking forward to that, also sort of weirded out by it....I'm sure I'll get over that by the time it happens.

Do you have any preference CH? I'll be finding out gender too. I sort of want a girl but I suspect it will be a boy. I've been dreaming of boys.

I was looking to start pregnancy yoga as well. Concerned that in the last year I've put on a lot of weight (had a very stressful year and ate my way through it) so wanted to keep myself slightly flexible. I hope they do quite a bit of movement in it. I'm cycling to work as well and hope to be able to keep doing that for as long as possible. I just bought the Tracey Anderson pregnancy project DVDs which are a series of exercise dvds for each month of your pregnancy. Unfortunately we're having the kitchen done at the moment and there isn't a square inch of free space to do any exercise. Only thing to be done is watch tv in bed at the mo!

sa1977

Postby CH-UK » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:17 am

I'm sorry to hear about your mum :-( I'm sure she will be looking down and making sure you and baby are absolutely fine.

I had an early scan to check baby was in the right place too. Just for reassurance. I have not had a previous pregnancy but was still concerned about the possibility of eptopic.

I had the downs screening too at my 12 week scan. My results came back as low risk.

I think I want a boy first! It doesn't matter though what we are blessed with but I think DH is secretly hoping boy!

Ive been looking at pregnancy yoga. I haven't done any exercising as yet!! Bad I know. I did buy new trainers as well but they are yet to be worn!

Off sick today, got a horrible viral infection and feel so dizzy ;-(
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby sa1977 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:58 am

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for low risk. Both my sister and sister in law had to terminate pregnancies with serious chromosomal disorders that meant their babies most likely wouldn't make it through the birth and even then only to live for a few hours so although they were both just by chance not something they were carriers of I'm still pretty nervous this will happen to me.

I've been waiting for a sports bra to arrive before tentatively trying a little jog out. It's been at least a month since I jogged anywhere though so I'm not sure how easy it will be, especially not with the even bigger bbs I've now got. I'm worried, I was an e/f cup before the pregnancy but I'm starting to bust out of G cups now. I can only imagine what I will be like at 9 months. I think my bbs will round corners a good while before the rest of me does.

sa1977

Postby sa1977 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:13 am

I meant to say, I hope your lurgy gets better soon. That's pretty miserable being ill while pregnant. Not much you can take to feel better.

sa1977

Postby CH-UK » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:51 am

Thank you I am feeling much better now! I'm actually feeling like my normal self aside from my emerging bump and appetite. Maybe things are Levelling out for me now as I enter the fourth month.

That's sad about your sisters. Fingers crossed your tests come back fine. How long do you have now until your first US?
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups