Brits do babies

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Brits do babies

Postby missAstar » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:35 am

hey guys...not long until your next scans ladies!!! I think it's great to find out....at the end of the day it's your choice but i have to say i was relieved to find out, the suspense was killing me. Also ias i said before i was so expecting it to be a girl when everyone kept telling me that when it was a boy i was in shock for a bit....i am now happily over the moon but it did take some time to adjust (and family had to take back a load of pink stuff!) i cant imagine how i would have felt if that had happened at the birth as it could have been the start of AND!
so sorry to hear u've been ill CH it's so nice when those hormones settle down...i feel so full of energy now!
got to hear heartbeat this week which was a bit of a novelty and measured bump at 24 instead of 25/26cms but it's neither here nor there to me i'm sure i'll fill out in time!
I've got a terribly itchy scalp and neck....been like this for a week now but i know that if it was nits then i woud be itching all the time and there would be bites but it's only every few hours and no bumps....also cant see any eggs etc grrrrrr!putting it down to a wierd pregnancy symptom and buying some E45 shampoo on the weekend to ease it out!
sa1977 i cant believe how many cup sizes u've gone up!!!!FLBP as by husband woud say (future lower back problem - dont ask!!!!!)
mine shot up in first 12 weeks about a cup and half and then nothing but i hate underwired bras now they r so uncomfortable!!!!trying to buy some nice elle mcphereson maternity bras but usually end up wearing a bandeau top intead of a bra as i hate the maternity bras in the shops!never thought about a sports bra...good idea!
anything nice planned for the weekend?
i think we may be finally deciding on a pram - however i've just seen some details of the new joolz geo and its shopping bag is sooooo much better than the earth it has made me rethink a bit!
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi ya

I'm feeling much better now. I actually feel really well! Like my usual self but with a belly ha ha.

We are both really excited now to find out the sex. I don't know if I mentioned that I have booked a private scan next Friday (sorry too lazy to check back!) to hopefully find out gender if baby cooperates! Really cannot wait now. I don't know what I was thinking lol.

I haven't heard of the new buggy so I'll have to check that out.

I wanted to buy some maternity bras too. Elle macpherson has some lovely ones.

Nothing excited planned this weekend. Want to have a chilled one as the next few weeks we are very busy so gonna have a lazy one this week. What about you?
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:40 am

bought a pram!!!hahahaha ended up going with the joolz earth edition in parrot blue got a fantastic deal on it which is one of the reasons why we didnt end up going with the bugaboo....£747 for chassis, pram seat, carry cot suitable for overnight (so wont get a moses basket!), shopping bag, changing bag, cup holder, XL shopping bag, footmuff and we paid extra for car seat adapters and uv sunhood! Can't believe how many extras we had thrown in and the price of the chassis was reduced also!!!! We saved over £200 hurrah!i'm just glad i've finally made a decision...also decided that if number 2 pops along sooner than we thought then we can just sell the pram and get a double buggy...why bother stressing and getting a double now if we dont know that number 2 will b an option!!!!

Think we will still be going next weekend, mainly for the day out i really want to get some nice bedding but dont think there will be many deals on the olli ella stuff!

so excited u will find out before the show...what do u think so far? have family been betting?i think u might have a girl - dont ask why maybe ive got girls on the brain right now! are any names sticking? We wanted to keep names a secret until the birth to stop people from saying they dont like it but now i know he's a he it's difficult not to try and call him things even if it's silly nick names!
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Congrats on deciding and buying your pram! Sounds like you got a FAB deal!! Good work.

Yeah will still be good to go to the show to get ideas for other bits and pieces. The show at Olympia is the following weekend though right, 26th&27th.

A lot of people are saying boy and a few saying girl! I have a feeling boy but what do I know! will prob be a girl.

There aren't many names we like tbh! The only name for a boy is George. We have both always liked George so that's a strong contender! For girl I like Elsie, Ivy and a few others but not really crazy about any of them so who knows! It's a tough decision to make!

It's annoying when people say they don't like potential names. I could never say to anyone that I don't like the name, think its rude! Everyone has different tastes so it's impossible to please everyone.
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:25 pm

yeah i think u r right on dates...my head is spinning with days, dates and times etc!!!If you havent bought tickets yet i have two complementary tickets if you want them - my dads wife owns a nursery in London and i think she gets them free so gave them to me...i'll tell her i went and bought the pram there as my dad was chuffed he got them for me!!!! i just think its a long way to go for me and a big day out when we wont need any big purchases. Plus julien's parents are here from france staying until after Christmas so they can finish the extension so it would be a weekend off building and we really could do with just getting the building work over and done with!
Also just bought bedding for the room...went a tad overboard but hey ho!shipping from a company called ferm living - i just love their stuff. We got our lounge wall paper from there and it's such good quality...i'll have to accessorise with primark though hahaha! bought mountain friends single bed cover, cot bed cover and a cute matching owl mobile! http://www.fermliving.com/webshop/shop/ ... ing-2.aspx
I want to team them up with a print from my favourite artist (i tought both her kids) but Ju thinks art is a waste of time!!! http://www.janeormes.co.uk/gallery42.html
I love the name Elsie very cute (being a teacher) i only know good children called Elsie! i ended up buying a book on names and tbh we struggled!
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:36 pm

I haven't bought tickets yet and was going to order them tomorrow so that would be fab thank you esp as I will need 5 at cost of £50. Thank you so much. Shall I PM my address. Really appreciate that thanks. Yeah it's a long way to go if you now have all the main items.

I bought a baby book too but not impressed, very American. No disrespect or anything but just wasn't what I wanted. I am trying to think of names I don't cone across in my job!! I bet you do the same too ha ha. Sad but true.

Thanks again!!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby CH-UK » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:42 pm

I love the fermliving bedding btw. Very different. Really like. Looks like good quality and you've been happy with their things before which is always reassuring. Baby's nursery is going to be gorgeous!
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:26 am

hahahaha CHUK i do exactly the same thing like for me there is no way i could ever name my child louis - too many of them and they are always a handful! There is one child at my school named the name we may choose and he is an angel!!!!!
pm your address and ill send them off...glad that someone uses them really! let me know if u see n e thing good thats worth looking into!
u still going for the cam? Ive seen some great deals online as the new buffalo has come out so i think there should be some deals at the show!
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:30 pm

We are team pink!!

MissA I have posted pics in the other thread.

Thank you SO much for the tickets. They arrived today :-)
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:46 am

Hey ch...how did the baby show go?
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:50 am

Hi ya

Yes it was worth going but I thought they would have had more 'different' bits there. I was expecting some cute independent boutique type places but they didn't really have many.

I think that like yourself, it isn't worth going if you have the bigger items as this is what you seemed to save most on.

We did order our push chair though and car seat so that's all sorted. Got quite a good deal with the bugaboo. I Candy had quite a good discount too but I'm not really keen on them so we decided to stick with the bugaboo cameleon.

The only other thing we got was one of those swaddle blankets from this lovely place which was 20% off. I was disappointed that I didn't buy anything else!

Mamas and papas had our nursery furniture set there but we saved more ordering it in their sake few weeks ago. That made me feel better!

But overall it was worth a day out.

How are you doing?

How is yoga going?

I'm starting a course in two weeks!! Figured I need all the support as poss to help me through labour lol.
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:11 am

glad u got your buggy...cant wait till mine arrives! I know what you mean about the discounts mammas and pappas always have some deal on their furniture...we got ours from there too...was meant to arrive this week but delayed it again as the flooring isnt in! Think we have finally decided on the carpets but plumbing isnt finished so we cant do the flooring yet - although my father in law pulled out the shiny wall tiles last night so ecited about those going up - we may actually be done before Christmas! having a bit of a painting party on sat to get stuff done but that means i have to finish some of the plastering today....oh the joys...half term doesnt last long!
yoga is going well although there is a move that really hurts my back so im going to ask for an alternative - i find it really strange that eeryone else is fine with it whilst my back clicks and im in agony trying to do it...but i feel like such a wally not doing n e thing!!!
other than that i feel fine, slightly breathless but ive just had another blood test i was borderline anaemic last time so i might have tipped over the edge! and bean is measuring a bit small but still ok for now i'm sure he'll catch up...he kicks enough!
what colour cam did u get? have u signed up for any birthing courses?
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Sounds like you're very busy and getting all prepared!

We went with the black base and sand fabric.

I haven't signed up for any birthing classes other than the general NHS one. I've been researching NCT classes but don't think we will bother. Most of the info I've read say they are great for meeting other mums etc but not so much on the birthing info which is what I would be going for.

I'm fortunate enough to have lots of babies and experienced Mummas around me and my two friends have given birth within the past two weeks so I will be well informed and they will still be on maternity when I am which is great! On top of that I have a great support network and plan to join the girls in the group for 'Thursday club' every week ha ha

The classes also seem pretty expensive and I wasn't impressed with what I read on numerous sites re the practice info.

I'm going to start the yoga next Sunday.

What about you, have you signed up for any classes?
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby missAstar » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Only now ive signed up to the local midwife ones but imnot really going for the info!!!may miss a few as id rather not know anything-im sure i have a good idea of what babies need and birth but i know thatall children are different so learning about one way may stress me out if its not the way that works for baby, me and ju.
It always helps to have mums u know...my friend is also on leave but lives a bit further away so i would be goodto know more peoplein the immediate area...althoughmost people in my area are a bit older than me!
Good luck withyoga i cant wait to start class no.2 next week i dont know if 2 classes a week will b too much but i can try!
missAstar

Postby CH-UK » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:16 pm

How many NHS classes do you get where you are? We only get one 3 hour session lol so that's not too much to handle.
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups