Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

Postby TTC in Florida » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:29 am

Hi ladies,

It's with a heavy heart we start our new thread without Mel and her sweet babe... lots of thoughts and prayers for them always, XO

Since I stated the new thread I'll start us off with a discussion as well -- I have been SO THIRSTY lately! Even my husband noticed and asked me about it. I've read it can be normal since our bodies are producing so much more blood, but I also know it can be a sign of gestational diabetes and it's making me nervous. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Me (Cara) & DH: 27 * Anniversary: 12.28.08 * TTC for one year before BFP!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

Postby Cookie911 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:16 am

Oh I have been soooo thirsty too. And with my second baby I was so thirsty it made me Ask the doc if it was ok! They treated me like a moron for asking, and I ended up not having gd but I was close, after
Drinking the drink my blood sugar was 101 and 100
Was the cutoff of normal. They didn't retest because it was basically still normal but I wondered. After that I started trying to eat less sugary stuff and it helped the way I felt in general so who knows.

Nt scan tomorrow at 9:15!!
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jogiff » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:01 am

I'm so excited for your nt scan cookie :) don't forget to show us!

Cara, are you considered high risk for gd? It seems a little early if you aren't but I'd mention it at your next appt cause you want to get it under control early if that's what it is :)
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bljohnson4 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:16 am

Cara, thank you for starting the new thread :). I think your thirst is probably normal. You are increasing your blood supply and also need to drink more to make sure you have plenty of amniotic fluid.

I'm definitely more thirsty also. I have been keeping a water bottle by my bed so I can take a quick drink when I get up to use the bathroom at night. Once school starts up again in September, I'm not sure how I am going to make it through a whole class without needing to leave to use the bathroom. We teach 70 minute classes and I feel like if I am drinking as much as I should, I need to go more often than that lol.

Cookie, I'm excited to hear how your scan goes. Tell us all about it tomorrow and we want to see a picture!!

Jen, how are you doing? Happy 10 weeks today!!!! Yay for double digits :).

All is good with me! I think my lower belly is sticking out a little further.I posted a pic. on Monday on the March Due Date boards if you haven't already seen it. I'm getting excited/nervous about telling my parents and grandparents about the baby this weekend. My NT scan is next Friday so I'm excited to get to see the baby again soon!
Me: 25
DH: 31
Married: 7/2/2011

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby silverviper86 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:15 am

Hi girls!

Thanks for making the new thread Cara. I have also been thirstier and it also made me worried about GD! I've been trying to eat better but I haven't been perfect. Type 1 diabetes runs in my family (my grandmother has it) so that scares me.

I have an appt today with the midwife, so I'll update later today about that :)
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:44 am

Good luck with your apt. Ashley!

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Cookie911 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:13 am

Oh man I posted my enormous belly on there too!! Haha! It's so huge. I can't believe it!!! Why?!? I should post my 13 week photo with my first for comparison. Omg. Anyway...I'm excited about the nt scan because I felt the baby move for a quick second today! This morning, I felt the little thing push against me for a second. I know it's only the beginning but so exciting!!!

Can't wait to hear about everyone's appointments!
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby BECCAF » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:26 am

Hi everyone!

Cookie - please let us know how the scan goes! I can't believe you felt the baby! I have not felt anything like that... just bloated. I just had my next round of blood work done and go for my NT on the 26th. Since our last ultrasound experience was less than ideal, we're really excited for this one! Once everything is confirmed as good after that appointment I think we're going to tell the "world".

Ditto on the thirst! It's a viscous cycle - I wake up at least 3 times every night to pee. Before I go back to bed, I chug more water. Never ending!

I can't stop eating salt bagels. I'm obsessed with them!
TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby silverviper86 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:46 am

Mmm I love salt bagels!

Anyway, my appt went pretty well today. All of the results from my blood draw look excellent. However, we are at risk for the rH factor since I have A negative blood. They drew my husband's blood today to check his type and we'll find out at the next appt. One bummer about the appt was that she wasn't able to find the heartbeat. But since I've found it at home, I'm not worried. I press down a lot harder than she did so that could be why she didn't find it. She said I probably have a tilted uterus. (My mom does). But the good news is that my uterus is the right size. Oh and I didn't have to have a papsmear today! Yay! She said it could cause spotting and didn't think it was necessary since I seem very low risk.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well today!
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Cookie911 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:59 am

Ashley', the RH factor is no big deal. I am RH- and this is my 4th pregnancy. I normally got the shot at 28 weeks an at delivery but now that I've done much more research (I am anti vaccine) I decided I will only get it after birth if baby is +. The risks for me at 28 weeks outweigh the benefits. I never found it to be an issue although I did get one once after a fall
During pregnancy (acceptable to me).
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby bljohnson4 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Haha Cookie you should post a comparison pic with your first preg. vs. this one! That would be fun :).

What is a salt bagel? Just a bagel with lots of salt in it? On it? I've never heard of a salt bagel lol.

Ashley, I'm glad your apt went well! I've also heard it is no big deal about the rH factor as long as you know about it :). I'm glad you got out of the pap smear...those are never all that fun.

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby BECCAF » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:07 pm

OK so a salt bagel is yes, exactly that - a plain bagel with the outside "peppered" with salt. I never really liked them before - SO salty! But now I can't get enough. Really, anything salty in general is my jam.

Have you guys been able to exercise regularly? I'm kind of down on myself because I definitely have not. I used to get up and go before work, but when I wake up now I just don't feel well. I know I shouldn't be too hard on myself, but I feel like exercise is really good for the baby and I should just force myself to do it. What do you think?
TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby silverviper86 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Cookie- good to know! I need to do more research about it and see what the risks are of getting the shot vs waiting. I just hope my husband doesn't test positive for the rH factor too. We'll see....

As far as exercise Becca, I haven't been regular with it :( I've been on a couple hikes and some walks and the usual dog park stuff with my dog, but nothing scheduled. I'm not a morning person, so if I do exercise, it would be after work. By then, I'm extremely tired and don't feel like doing anything! Maybe I'll have to change my schedule to become a morning person because I know exercise is important.
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Hmmm sounds interesting. I do love bagels!! I love the kind with asiago cheese baked on top. Yummy!

I've not been great with exercise either :(. I do walk my dog at least once per day for 30 minutes or longer. I occasionally lift weights in my basement also (we are talking like, 1-2x per week lately lol). I used to run all the time but I get out of breath so fast (like, in a block or two) so it isn't any fun. Plus, I have exercise induced asthma and I use an inhaler but I don't want to use it during my pregnancy. My doc said it was okay but I'd rather not put any extra meds in my body that I don't have to.

Today my dog and I walked just under 3 miles so that was good! I really need to get better about lifting weights. My arms are getting floppy :-/

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jogiff » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Finally double digits!
I saw all your bumps, omg they are cute :) I still need to get around to posting mine but I still am trying to find better clothes lol I originally picked this big baggy tshirt I have but it just looks sloppy right now so I'm thinking of changing it up haha if I take one tonight I'll post it for you. I am sure it's all bloat lol

Has everyone been keeping track of their weight? I have been pretty steady... Actually lost one pound since I found out. Heard this is common.

Those salt bagels kind of sound like a pretzel roll but with bagel bread... Yum :) instead of cravings I seem to be having aversion to everything. I know I need to, but I never have a desire to eat. How are you girls doing with eating healthy?

Ashley, it's so nice you have the doppler at home so you don't have to worry xo
I am A negative as well and I honestly don't know if we will get dh checked or not. I'm leaning towards just getting the shot... The risks are truly very low and it can really lower the risk of miscarriage of my future kids. Clearly I am camp vaccination but I respect your position cookie :)

As far as exercise I've been forcing myself to go for 45 minute walks after dinner, I figure it's better than nothing until I have more energy and I'm definitely not doing it in the morning!!

Since Monday I've been feeling pretty crappy. My abdomen has been killing me with gas pain, like there's a plug that needs to be let go.I've always been prone to bowel issues so I think this will stick until the end. Then today my left pelvis is SORE like right onthe bone, it hurts to start walking but once I'm going I'm good... It must be from sleeping on it. I'm normally a tummy sleeper and have been trying the side but it's just not working :(
On top of that woke up with an eye infection from my contacts and I can't use the eyedrops I normally use because there is a steroid in them, the optometrist said to just try artificial tears for now. So I drove to work with my hand over my eye and hid in the dark... Told you, pity party for one haha
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups