Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

Postby Cookie911 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Ha!!!!!!
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Cookie911 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Jen, I get the shot if I deliver a RH+ baby, or in the case of possible maternal fetal blood mixing, like when I fell at 25 weeks. The shot is a vaccine, with absolutely no indications besides the ones I mentioned. It took me awhile to understand, but here is an article that describes it nicely.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/ ... ofit-ploy/

I think rhogam is a fantastic drug and has saved many lives but if it is completely unnecessary DURING pregnancy them why get it? It works as any vaccine does and introduces RH+ antibodies into the bloodstream,
So if some type of trauma was to occur after the 28 week shot was administered, you could actually GET RH disease. Or your baby could. Anyway...I know many (most!) people just take the word of their doctor as gospel but I have always been a think-outside-the-box kind of person and it has opened my eyes to how much of this crap is just to pad the pockets of pharmaceutical companies and doctors alike.

I digress. Haha.
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby bljohnson4 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Jen, we wanna see the belly pic :). Sorry to hear about your sore pelvis and eye infection. That really sucks. The 45 minute walk after dinner is great though! I'm up 1.4 pounds right now...but it varies. Sometimes I'm down a little too...but for the past 4-5 days, I have been staying above my pre-pregnancy weight so I'm guessing it is sticking.

Cookie, it is amazing how much faster women's bodies change with their 2nd, 3rd, 4th....births. Your belly is beautiful :). It is nice and round. Definitely a baby belly even though you are showing sooner than with your first.
Me: 25
DH: 31
Married: 7/2/2011

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby TTC in Florida » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:02 am

Good luck with your scan today Cookie! Your bump is so cute :)

Jen yay for double digits! Sorry you have been feeling so crappy though. I've been dealing with bad gas pains and overall indigestion, as well, and it sucks. I've started drinking a small glass of plum juice every night before bed and I think it's helping to... ahem, move things along. Plus it tastes a lot better than prune juice. Might be worth a shot?

I'm with you ladies on the bagels! I usually do sesame seed.

I have not been exercising AT ALL since I'm still feeling really crappy most of the time. I thought I'd feel better approaching 12 weeks, but I had some really bad vomiting yesterday and the day before. So fun! I definitely want to start being more active again. I'm down about four pounds and feel so weak, plus my arms and legs are looking pretty saggy. Hoping the second trimester bring some relief soon so I can get back to my old self again!

Have a good day ladies! Cookie can't wait for an update!
Me (Cara) & DH: 27 * Anniversary: 12.28.08 * TTC for one year before BFP!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BECCAF » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:14 am

COOKIE! How did it go today?!

Ugh I've been eating HORRIBLY. After our discussions about eating/exercise I feel very motivated to "turn it around" for myself. I got up this morning and did a 5k and then made a healthy breakfast. It's really amazing how much better I feel! Enough pouting about it, right? I just had to get out there and do something!

My husband just sent me this and it tripped me out: http://www.huggies.com.au/system/assets ... eek-11.jpg
TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Cara, plum juice is a great idea! Sounds pretty yummy. I'll have to keep that in mind for if I start having digestive issues :).

Way to go Becca! I find that when I work up the motivation to get up and moving right away, I feel better the rest of the day. Maybe I should start bribing myself with ice cream or something ;).

Cookie, looking forward to an update!!

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carabug » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Ladies- I feel like I am so far behind. I just read about Mel. What an absolute tragedy. I cried alot sitting here at work. I know you changed threads so we could start fresh, but it really scared me alot. All Along I was thinking if you are sick then everything is ok, but wasn't Mel very sick all this time. Eeek- Freaked out. Ok that is enough.

Becca- since we are due date twins- I am exactly 11 weeks today too and that picture is crazy. But so cool to know that's how big our babies are now. I have also been eating horribly, but it sounds like it's just about getting through the tough 1st tri. Good for you getting up and running. All I have been doing is a little low impact (I don't do the full moves) zumba at work. Not often though.

I am right there with all of you with the gas pains, bowel issues and overall feeling crappy. This week the big time exhaustion really hit me hard. I just want to sleep all day. It makes me feel so fatigued and that I am getting a cold- even though I know it's just pregnancy and body changes. Left work early yesterday and slept for 2.5 hours, then went to bed regular time. Then today I called in sick in the am, just so I could sleep longer cause I feel completely wiped out! No I am here and feeling like it is hitting me again. Ready for some sleep.

I will try to be better about checking in. Hope everyone is doing well.
Me- 35
DH- 35
BFP- 6/28/13 our First!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
carabug

Postby Cookie911 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi! It went great! Baby measured 12 weeks on the dot, hb of
161 and the nt fluid measured within normal range. Baby was sleeping at first, and then started wiggling. It had its hands together and legs crossed. It looks just like a little baby! It's still tiny but almost 3 inches now which is actually not that small! Haha. Anyway.

I hear you all on the crap eating. Ugh. My stomach is still uneasy although its much better. I'm still tired. I had a coffee today and it was fantastic! I had to drive 2 hrs to the scan so I needed it at 7am. Are
You all still drinking any caffeine?

Oh and the tech wasn't cooperative on the nub theory. She said it was a crock. She wasn't very cool. But she guessed girl.
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby bljohnson4 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Welcome back Cara! I'm sorry to hear you have been so tired. I have had a few nights in the past few weeks that I have slept 10 hours or longer. Maybe we need more sleep during the baby's growth spurts :).

Cookie, I'm glad to hear everything went so well with your scan. That must make you feel so reassured!! I haven't been drinking any caffeine but I've never been a big coffee/soda drinker so it wasn't a big change for me. I would if I was feeling especially tired and felt like I really needed it! Did you get any cool ultrasound pics?

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby silverviper86 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:43 pm

Cookie- I'm glad everything went well! I was just reading in one of my pregnancy books that I think it's by week 12 that the baby is pretty much all formed but then just keeps getting bigger. So it's not surprising that your little one looks just like a mini baby :) How cute! Sounds like the heartbeat is very strong. Yay!

And I can relate with the rest of your girls about not eating that well. Lately nothing sounds good and I have to force myself to eat what sounds the most tolerable. Last night I tried to eat some chili and could only choke down about 10 bites. It tasted really nasty. Tonight I had oatmeal for dinner. Plain things sound the best. And I totally need to get an exercise routine going!

Ok so tonight we announced the news on Facebook :) It feels great to tell the world, but at the same time it's a bit scary because I almost feel like I'm jinxing myself. I know people will find out eventually though, especially when I start showing. And I am almost at 12 weeks, so I hope I made the right choice with the timing! Have all of you shared the news publicly yet?
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby silverviper86 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:47 pm

Oh and I forgot to mention to you Cookie that I haven't been drinking any caffeine. Before getting pregnant, I only had 1-2 cups of coffee a day, so I just started drinking decaf once I found out and now I pretty much don't have that. If I feel like a latte or something at Starbucks, I just order it decaf and it seems to taste the same to me :) But I know that caffeine in small amounts is fine each day (like 150-200mg) ?
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby TTC in Florida » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:56 am

Yay Cookie! So glad your little one is healthy and growing, such happy news :D

I'm right there with you guys on not eating healthy. My biggest concern is that I'm not getting enough protein since meat is basically repellant to me these days. I'm eating mostly carbs -- toast, bagels, english muffins -- because they're bland and go down easy. The one thing I've been doing to make myself feel better is making smoothies with lots of fruit and greek yogurt. It's probably the only nutrients/protein I'm consistently getting other than the pre-natal vitamin.

On caffeine -- I've never been a big coffee or soda drinker, but I looooove tea, all kinds of tea. I've mostly been sticking with herbal tea (mint helps calm my stomach and peach is so refreshing) but I have had the occasional chai or green tea, as well.

Becca -- I'm sooo impressed that you did a 5K! You go, lady! :yay:

Ashley -- Yay for announcing on FB! So exciting! Can you share with us what you posted? We're not going "online official" for a few more weeks, my husband's dad is coming to visit us for Labor Day and we want to tell him in person, but we'll post once he knows. Labor Day also happens to be my husband's birthday so we'll tie it into some kind of birthday picture or announcement. But don't worry, I'm sure you won't jinx anything! Think of it this way... the most people who know, the more people will be praying for you and your baby, and sending positive thoughts! :D

I'm going for my NT scan in a few hours and getting very nervous and excited! I'll update soon hopefully! Happy Friday!!!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby TTC in Florida » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:56 am

Oh also, I'm 12 weeks today! Woohoo! :D

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Cookie911 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:55 am

Yay on your nt scan! I can't wait for an update! It's crazy the baby is just a mini baby. Mine was crossing its legs and touching its hands together. Crazy! You're gonna love it!!
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Cookie911 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:56 am

I thought we were both due 2/27 cara?
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups