Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

Postby silverviper86 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Briana- that's so exciting that your appt is soon! Only a couple more weeks :) I have been feeling the baby quite a bit too, but it's very sporatic. Usually when I'm sitting or laying down I'll feel her, but it's still very light, like tapping. I bet in the next few weeks I'll feel it a lot stronger!

Cara- I hope everything goes well at your scan! I'm still awaiting the results of mine. The tech wouldn't tell me anything- I think she's sending the results to my midwife.

Jen- thank you! We've already told our family the name and I mentioned it in a comment on Facebook, so I guess it's official. Lol! Anyway, I'm glad your tests went well and that your spotting didn't last long. I bet you're super excited for your scan!! If you choose to find out gender or not, it will still be a big surprise and super special :) Also, that's great about the maternity clothes! I've been thinking about getting a coat too since I'll be the largest in the winter and will need a coat that can button up. I'll have to start looking around.

AFM- I put an updated belly pic up on the other thread. I don't feel much bigger than last week but when I measured my belly this morning, I've grown 2 inches! And 1.5 lbs. I know this is a time for lots of growth for baby though, so it makes sense.
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:05 pm

Ashley, your belly is looking awesome! My weight has jumped up within the past two weeks also.

AFM, I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions since I was 16 weeks 6 days pregnant but only 1-3 per day. Yesterday, I had at least 10 and this morning, I had 5 in an hour and a half. I called my doctors office and they had me come in to check things out. They think all is good. Her recommendation is to eat every 3 hours, drink 120+ oz per day, get lots of sleep, and take rests throughout the day with my feet up. Apparently having sex can trigger an increase in Braxton Hicks and she thinks that was the issue for me (apparently two days in a row was too much lol). Kind of freaky....but I'm glad she isn't worried. On the plus side, I got to listen to the baby's heartbeat again :). It was in the low 160s which has been pretty normal (in the past, it has been 155-165) for my baby. Just wanted to let you all know in case anyone else had/has any issues with Braxton Hicks.
Me: 25
DH: 31
Married: 7/2/2011

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jogiff » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:34 am

Ashley you look gorgeous in your new picture :) and yes I'm stoked for next week's scan!
I'm slightly anxious as well because last year one of my best friends found out her baby had trisomy 13 during her anatomy scan and ended up delivering her stillborn two weeks later. I know it was a genetic fluke but it's still so fresh I can't help but think about it....

Brianna, I'm so happy that your doctor isn't concerned about the Braxton Hicks. Make sure to take it easy!!

I think I felt some movements last night. One large tap and then flutters for an hour. I guess it'll be sporadic for awhile :)
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby TTC in Florida » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi ladies! I have been MIA for so long and definitely have to catch up soon... just wanted to pop in and say I hope you're all doing well. I'll be back soon with a real update! For now, baby is kicking away like a crazy woman in there (we regularly feel strong kicks from the outside now!) and we're making real headway on the nursery. 20 weeks this week = halfway there and I can hardly believe it!

I updated in the belly thread and finally feel like I "look pregnant" these days, which is nice.

Really hope you ladies are enjoying the 2nd trimester, can't wait to catch up on all your updates tomorrow, XO :D
Me (Cara) & DH: 27 * Anniversary: 12.28.08 * TTC for one year before BFP!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby carabug » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:38 am

Hey Ladies-

So we had our anatomy scan yesterday and everything looked great. The little man has ten fingers and toes and all his parts are where they are supposed to be and healthy. No placenta previa for me and everything is healthy for me as well. All good news!

I guess this scan is usually the last unless there are complications. However my doc can give me more because of my advanced maternal age, so I am hoping we will do a 28 week 3-d scan. It was very hard to see his profile yesterday so it will be nice to see his whole face in 3-d.

It was exciting to see him moving around so much. especially since I am not feeling those movements yet. He was also pointing as you can see in the photo and the coolest thing was watching him yawn. It made hubby yawn too.

Anyhow- I hope everyone is well. How exciting everyone is feeling movements now and some of us are half way in. YAY for 20 weekers!

Oh and everyone's bellies are looking great on the belly posts. Looking good mamas! I just posted a new one there today too.

Our nursery is coming along quite well too. Walls are painted, the new door, closet has been ripped apart and rebuilt and room trim has been replaced. I need to start on recovering his glider, buy a crib and buy decor items. His decor is going to be modern baby whales and some fishies. Colors are gray, blue(not baby,bright grayish), white, mixed shades of blues/turquoise's and furniture is oak and fir trim and door.

pointer.jpg
pointer.jpg (95.38 KiB) Viewed 807 times
anatomy.jpg
anatomy.jpg (126.91 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Me- 35
DH- 35
BFP- 6/28/13 our First!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
carabug

Postby lukyj » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Ladies, I can't believe I haven't responded in like two weeks! I thought for sure that I had.

Brianna, That disorder is so similar to Hemophilia. I am glad that you've been a ble to control it. Have they tested you during your pregnancy to make sure everything is still ok? How funny about baby's butt/head/back sticking out of your belly. Are you still having contractions? Bf and I dtd yesterday morning and then he wanted to again last night. I remembered reading your post and I told him no, LOL. I didn't know you could have Braxton HIcks contractions so early in a pregnancy.

Ashley, loving the u/s pics. Loving the bump! I'm happy you are starting to feel baby :) Nine weeks to 18 weeks is a great deal of difference. You are not fat.

Jen, your appt is coming up so soon. I can't believe how flat your bump is. Everyone elses bump seems so round. I will probably need a new coat too. I won't bee that big at the start of winter, but winter could last til April in Chicago, I will be pretty big by then.

So happy all of you are starting to feel your babies moving. I can't wait til I get that far.

I had an appt on Tues. I got to see my little munchkin again. Baby is sitting upside down. It is so darn cute! It was very still at first and then all of a sudden it was moving up a storm. Kicking it's little legs and waving it's arms. I was so excited! I still haven't heard the heart beat. He said baby is still too low in my pelvis. He said at my next appt (14wks, Nov 5th) I will be able to hear it for sure. Then at 18 weeks I wil have the anatomy scan. I cannot wait!!!! This is so exciting I can't stand it! I will try to post the pic soon. I decorated a plain pic frame to put the baby's u/s pic in and I'm going to ship it to my mom, probably tomorrow. She has no idea yet that I'm pregnant. They live in TN and I live in Chicago, so this is the best way. I already told her I was shipping something to her but that she couldn't open it until we video chat. So I'm super stoked.

I hope everyone is doing well. I have been feeling pretty good. Only real issue is constant hunger, peeing a lot adn troubles brushing teeth. Other than that, no complaints.
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:44 am

Jen, that is so exciting that you are starting to feel movements!

Cara, you are looking great! Congrats on 20 weeks :)

Cara(bug), you are looking fantastic, also! I'm glad everything went so well with your ultrasound. The pictures are awesome :).You will have to share pictures of your nursery once you get it finished up.

Luky, I have gotten checked several times through the pregnancy to make sure everything is doing okay. My lowest count so far has been 178,000 which is on the lower end of normal (150,000-450,000 according to my doctors office). I am still having contractions but only a few each day. Today I have had 4 so far but that is the most I have had since Tuesday. It really isn't "normal" to be having them so early....but it does happen to some women. I'm sure if you haven't had any yet, you would still be fine to have sex two days in a row :). I'm just a problem momma lol. That's fun you got to see your baby again. How many ultrasounds will you get to have? I think the first apt I got to hear the baby's heartbeat at was 12 weeks so I'm sure by 14 you will get to hear it :). You will have to tell us how sharing with your mom that you are pregnant goes!!! That is such a fun part :).

AFM, all is going pretty well here. Still having some Braxton Hicks but nothing concerning. I'm just counting down the days until I go in for my ultrasound on Oct 25th!!

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jogiff » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:20 pm

It's a..... Moving baby!

The baby was moving so much that I don't think the tech was able to get a gender shot for the radiologist report... But I was on the fence about being team green anyways lol I'll find out for on oct 30 if we can know the gender or not!

The baby was moving so much that she tried jabbing it with the probe, having me pee, having me roll over, but with no success. I have to go back to get the heart chambers and the feet (which she assured me are there, just couldn't get measurements)

I definitely felt the movements the most so far today Image

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bljohnson4 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Jen,
Congrats on having such an active baby :). I'm glad everything looked good so far!!!

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby lukyj » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Jen, sorry you guys couldn't get a read on the gender. What a bummer. But yay for such an active baby! I can't wait to see my baby again!

Brianna I'm glad that your levels have remained normal so far. I'm not sure how many ultrasounds I will have. I won't have another one though until my 18 wk appt.

I mailed off the pic frame to her today. She should get it on Friday. So Friday night bf and I will video chat with her and she will open it then. I cannot wait to see her reaction!!! I'm going to have bf video tape it. She is going to be so happy!
Attachments
IMG_1693 (640x480).jpg
Decorated frame (not my u/s pic)
IMG_1693 (640x480).jpg (190.77 KiB) Viewed 736 times
IMG_1685 (480x640).jpg
The peanut at 10wks, last tues.
IMG_1685 (480x640).jpg (154.88 KiB) Viewed 736 times
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jogiff » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:27 am

Just a quick check in.

Dh had his surgery yesterday. It was a long day. We got there at 9:30 went to admitting because he might be admitted. He changed up in day surgery and then we waited. I was supposed to work but I was a mess lol damn hormones. About 12:30 we went back to the getting ready room and he's iv went in. Then around 1:15 they told us that the dr was in emergency surgery since that morning and unsure how long it would be or if it would even get done. Around 3 they brought him in thankfully. Took a half hour and then recovery. They brought me in around 5:30. And he stayed until 8:45. It was a loooong day. He ended up coming home, but the pharmacy was closed by the time we got there so he managed with tylenol. He has a catheter in until tuesday, when he goes back to the dr.
We are a mighty tired household. MIL might come up tomorrow to help out a bit but she's being weird about it even though she offered.

Sorry for the all about me post I'll try to catch up later

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bljohnson4 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Luky, I can't wait to hear about your mom's reaction :).

Jen, did we know your DH was having surgery?? I don't remember hearing about that. What kind of surgery did he have? I'm glad to hear everything went okay. Hope you have a restful weekend!!!

AFM, all is good here except I have been having horrible heartburn :(. Rotten stuff! Looking forward to next week because:

-Monday: I'm 20 weeks pregnant...yay!!
-Tuesday: I have my next doctors apt so I get to hear baby's heartbeat :)
-Friday: We have our ultrasound :) :) :)

What a fun week!!

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jogiff » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:02 pm

What a fun week Briana! I have anatomy scan round two on Tuesday :) I can't belive we'll be halfway!!!! Sucks about the heartburn, my ob says milanta is good (two spoons at night) it'll help you sleep.

I might have only mentioned it on the ttc side before haha oops!
His surgery was to cut his bladder neck more open. He had been having having tons of bladder trouble for nearly two years and after trying everything else under the sun this was the next step. We pray that it works! Besides some pain he feels better than last night and the blood in the catheter seems to have let up quite a bit :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Suzynumber1 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:36 pm

It's a GIRL!!
Suzynumber1

Postby lukyj » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:00 am

Congratulations Suzy!!! Another friend found out yesterday she's having a girl! I'm hearing about more girls on these boards than I am boys. Hopefully I can keep the streak going!

Thanks Brianna! You do have a fun week ahead!

Jen, I hope you have better luck this go round! I'm glad that your hubs is doing good after his surgery.

It went very well with my mom last night. My bro, mom, dad and bro's gf were all on the chat with us. Mom opened the box and took out the contents and handed it to my bro. I had my moms frame wrapped in bubble wrap and then my bro's t shirt wrapped around it. So I tell my bro, the tshirt is yours, the thing inside is moms. So my mom unwraps the bubble wrap and she's looking at it in disbelief and she goes "are you having a baby?" We said yes and she started smiling super big and has this giddiness about her. She says "oh my I'm gonna be a grandma!" She said she couldn't believe it. She prayed for me to have a baby and she is so happy. She is sad though that she couldn't give me a big hug. She is also sad cuz she can't be here. Dad was happy too. He kept making jokes. It was pretty funny. My bro, he didn't have much to say at all. He never does though. He's kind of a quiet guy. Mom said now she gets to spoil her own grandbaby. She was surprised that I haven't had any morning sickness. My mom LOVED the frame. She couldn't tell which was the baby from the placenta. I said mom the baby is on the left, see its head upside down. So she turns the frame upside down to look at baby right side up, LOL. My dad said something about having worried he would die without seeing a grandchild (he's not even sick). Oh, my mom said (after she opened it) "no wonder I've been dreaming about you and babies lately. Moms intuition?
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups