Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

Postby bljohnson4 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:39 am

:( I'm sorry his grandma and grandpa said those things. I think people all have this view of what everyone should look like when they are pregnant....some people remember how small they/their wives were at 4 months pregnant and have that image as a comparison for every other pregnant person they see and others remember how huge they were at 9 months pregnant and use that image to compare every other pregnant person to. I had a coworker and my sister both tell me this weekend how small/not pregnant I look for being 21 weeks. My sister actually told me I just look like I have a little beer belly. I tell you....some people just don't think before they talk lol. I've seen your pictures and you look absolutely stunning. Your belly is perfect and looks so nice and round in your pictures. Everyone's body changes at a different speed and yours is just perfect for cooking your perfect little baby girl :).
Me: 25
DH: 31
Married: 7/2/2011

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby silverviper86 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:30 am

Aww thank you so much! That's why I love coming on here- everyone is so supportive and understands what I'm going through. And I'm sorry about what was said to you too :( I think you look beautiful and definitely pregnant! I bet we'll all "pop" more and look a lot bigger in a month or so.
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks!! I'm sure....pretty soon we will be wishing we are as small as we are now and not huge and waddling ;).

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby BECCAF » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Ashley - I have an anterior placenta too. I haven't really been able to feel any kicking or movement, only a little here and there. I was reassured by my doctor yesterday that it's absolutely nothing to worry about and completely normal. :)
TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Suzynumber1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:10 am

Hey ladies I actually thought I was having
A boy I asked the ultra sound tech is she was sure lol. I just knew it was a boy !! Anyways we are very excited its a baby girl!! Though we can't come up with a name or bedding ahhhh...

I have my anatomy scan today at 3:00 ill post a picture and a bump picture I'm really excited they'll give me an exact due date and tell me how far along I really am I'm
Between 18.6-20.6weeks.

Ok random question ladies have any of you had any stinging/burning painful boobs or just one boob one of mine burns sooo much it hurts. I had a reduction about 6-7 years ago not sure if that has anything to do with it. It's around the side of my boob closet to my arm pit? Anyone experience anything like this ?

I'm so sorry about your grands saying those things I know it's hard esp with our bodies changing I feel really big but I can still wear my regular jeans they can get uncomfortable after I eat but they fit. I feel like my baby bump looks like fat rolls or just plan fat lol. I don't care told my husband the other night I'm over it because I wanna have a healthy baby so if I get big oh well I'll work out hard after :).

What kind of crib is everyone getting wooden or iron? Pros and cons please if you have any ?

Sorry this is so long and sorry I have been Mia I'll post a picture soon!!

Prayers for healthy baby's

Oh what's everyone naming baby?
Suzynumber1

Postby silverviper86 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Becca- Oh wow, we're like twinsies :) Yeah, sometimes I'll get nervous because I don't feel her kicking all the time. But I know I'll start feeling it more consistently soon. My husband did end up feeling her kick for the first time a few nights ago. So that was awesome!

Suzy- Congrats on the baby girl! We're planning on naming our baby girl Quinn. What about you? Also, I haven't had much boob pain lately, but a little nipple pain. Also, when I take my bra off, my boobs feel super heavy. I've also had a little (TMI) nipple discharge. Hopefully your pain will go away soon! That's no fun!
And thanks for your kind words. I know the grandparents didn't mean to be rude, but pregnant women are sensitive! And it kind of hurt my feelings. And Suzy, I highly doubt your bump looks like fat rolls! I bet you look beautiful! Have you posted on the belly pics board for March yet? Oh, and to answer your crib question, we bought a wooden one. It has a changing table attached to it, and the crib will convert to a day bed later on.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well! I've been working on the nursery slowly. I finished crocheting an afghan in the main colors that the nursery will be and am in the process of crocheting a stuffed owl :) I'll post a pic below of the afghan:

We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Suzy, congrats on the baby girl :). We are getting a wooden crib (http://www.bambibaby.com/bonavita-sheffield-3-piece-nursery-set-in-distressed-black-crib-double-dresser-and-5-drawer-dresser ). As far as names....we are lost. We had a girl name but couldn't agree on a boy name we both liked. So, our baby is unnamed as of now!

Ashley, your blanket is beautiful!!!

Here is our nursery so far:
baby 002 - Copy.JPG
baby 002 - Copy.JPG (50.39 KiB) Viewed 877 times

And this is the inspiration...
nursery.png
nursery.png (122.49 KiB) Viewed 877 times

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby bljohnson4 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:35 am

Ahhh, Ashley, you jinxed me! ;) I was like..."nipple discharge, gross...I hope that doesn't happen to me"

and then....

Sure enough, I get out of the shower this morning and I have 2-3 clear specks of fluid and 1 speck of creamy, yellow fluid on each nipple.

Is this something that gets worse? I assume it is normal. I just don't want to like leak through a bra or something....that would be embarrassing.

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby silverviper86 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:07 pm

I LOVE your nursery so far! So cute! Are you going to do black decals like in the picture? What color furniture are you doing?

And that's funny about the discharge :D so far mine has been very minimal. There's definitely not enough to leak thru a bra, at least for me. But I'm sure as I get further and further along, it will get worse. I guess buy a few breast pads to keep in your purse just in case?

Anyway, today I went to Goodwill and got 3 pairs of maternity pants for $1.29 each!!! They're in great shape and good brands like Motherhood Maternity and Old Navy. I love good deals :D and I really do need to be wearing maternity pants now all the time. My belly band isn't cutting it anymore for regular pants because the pants basically can't zip at all and I feel a little exposed even with the band over it.
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:45 am

Thanks! Yup, I have a friends who is going to come paint a tree in black sometime in the next few weeks and then I'm getting some woodland animal wall stickers to put up. One of my special education students (who has an amazing painting talent) promised to paint me an owl picture so I'm planning on hanging that up as well. My furniture is black (http://www.bambibaby.com/bonavita-sheffield-3-piece-nursery-set-in-distressed-black-crib-double-dresser-and-5-drawer-dresser).

I'll definitely look for some breast pads this weekend. Better safe than sorry!

Wow, great deal on the maternity pants!!! Way to go :).

AFM, I'm dealing with some major insomnia issues right now. :(. I slept from like 9pm-12:30am two nights ago and then I couldn't fall asleep until 3:30am this morning and had to get up at 5:45am. Ohhh I hope I can sleep tonight :(. I don't even have a good reason for not sleeping. I'm just wide awake when I'm supposed to be sleeping.

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby BECCAF » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:52 am

Hi Ladies!

I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing discharge yet. I'm sure that will be very interesting when it happens.

I too love the nursery! Ours will be very simple. We rent our apartment so we don't want to make any really significant changes (like painting/decals). I think we're going with white furniture.

Has anyone had restless legs at night? I woke up probably 8 times last night because my legs hurt so bad! Not cramps, but just aches. Good times. :)

In other news, I've begun to feel some kicking. It's still light and sporadic but comforting none the less.
TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:25 pm

Hey Becca, white furniture is very pretty...I'm sure that will look great! I don't think I've had that but I have had sore shins (both legs) for the past two days and I'm not sure what's up with that since I surely haven't been running since this summer :). How exciting about the kicking!!

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jogiff » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi ladies!

Sorry to hear about the comments people make to us preggo eggos! I know they mean well but if it's not one thing it's another lol everyone wants to help and thinks they know.

Congrats on the girl Suzy :) I think boys are still ruling the roost here though. Funny the two I know in real life are having girls. Me... I'll find out in March! It'll be exciting find out then I guess lol except gender neutral clothes are near impossible to find!

The afghan and nurseries are beautiful girls :) I wishing was more crafty. I'm jealous but not of your nipple discharge :rofl:

We still haven't bought a single thing for baby... Yikes. But I can't decide on anything haha

In other news last week I developed sciatica, which I'm told will only get worse. It's literally the biggest pain in the ass! I can't bend or sit without immense pain. I went for a massage yesterday and while it didn't seem to help much it felt wonderful to lie on my stomach again!
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Suzynumber1 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:08 am

Hey y'all so are any of you experiencing pain right above your butt rack when you sit, walk, and or move? Mine sure does.

Love the blanket it's beautiful!!

Love the nursery too!

We haven't started on our nursery yet the walls have to be stripped and room cleaned out! (Yikes)
What kind(brand) of car seat is everyone getting?
Strollers also?

We want a iron bed like a brassy color but they are soooo hard to find. We are having a hard time picking out swatches for the bedding someone is custom making it. We may have to settle for a white bed they're very pretty just really wanted iron :)

I had a little nipple discharge but I also had a breast reduction 6-7 years ago.
Suzynumber1

Postby jogiff » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:21 am

Yep Suzy that's were most of my pain is! It travels down my bum into my left leg. It hurts most when sitting, bending and moving to a standing position. Walking feels the best but I need to sit for work :(

For stroller and car seat we were looking at the Graco Modes Click Connect Travel system. In Canada its pricey but looks to be worth it. Plus by law we must have a Canadian car seat so I can't go across the river and buy it in the states (I live in a border town)

Names we still aren't decided. Haven't even thought of middle names and deciding on girl names is the pits lol for boys we are going with either Jack or Logan.
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups