Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

Postby bljohnson4 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:54 am

Jen, I had really bad sciatica for a while but I got it to go most of the way away. Try sitting on your butt with your legs straight out in front of you. Then lean forward and reach your hands towards your toes. I do this stretch every morning and when it was bad I was doing it several times a day....this really helped me. Give it a shot :). There are many other stretches you can do (just look online) but this one worked, was easy to remember, and I could do it alone.

Suzy, sounds like you are maybe having some sciatic nerve pain also. Bummer about having to do all that work in your nursery.
We got this travel system (stroller/car-seat) from my mom: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... age=family
We also got the matching play yard from my mom's boyfriend:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... age=search
Me: 25
DH: 31
Married: 7/2/2011

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby BECCAF » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:45 am

We've purchased the Britax B Agile travel system. It's MUCH lighter than the Graco models and works for a child up to 55 lbs. The car seat just clicks in and out, very easy. Amazon has better pricing than any box store, check it out! Our whole registry is on Amazon.
TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Suzynumber1 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:02 pm

My parents are getting us the crib! So that's a plus :) I can't decide what brand car seat I want the one I use when I'm nannying omg its heavy! It's holds up to 30 or 33lbs it clicks into a base also.
Suzynumber1

Postby silverviper86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Jen- I love your boy names :) Jack was actually one on my list too! And I'm sorry to hear about your condition :( Do you have to sit on one of those special pillows? And is this just pregnancy related, or did you have it previously?
Oh, and you should be jealous of the nipple discharge, it's pretty exciting. LOL!! jk

And as far as carseats and all that, I literally have NO idea! I would welcome any suggestions. We did put a car seat and stroller on our registry, but now I don't even remember what they were. I might change them after looking up reviews. Do you guys think the click-in kinds or whatever they are called are the best? I feel really lost when it comes to this.

Anyway, has anyone else been finding it hard to sleep? I feel like it almost hurts to turn over because sometimes i'll accidentally turn onto my stomach. I have one of those snoogle pillows now, but I'm not sure that I love it.

Hope you all are having a good weekend!
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jogiff » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:43 am

I'm so excited we are all getting ready for baby now :)

I never had sciatica before so the dr thinks it's pregnancy related. Some days it's better than others so I'm think it's the baby's position. I've been trying those exercises Brianna so hopefully they help!

I like the Britax system too Becca, but we live quite north and I heard that three wheel strollers aren't the best in the snow. Ashley from what I read the click stroller/car seats are nice in the first year cause you can just snap and go and not worry about fussing with baby.

Suzy my parents are buying our crib too :) its so nice of them. Our inlaws are going to buy the dresser and change table so we are very lucky :)

We are thinking of getting a lower priced bassinet for the first three months and keeping it in our room and then moving to the crib after. What are everyone elses plans?

Oh and Ashley, I've been getting bigger by the day lol I do wake up frequently and roll over, it stretches but not painful. I love my snoogle, I feel all wrapped up!

We booked our hospital tour for Jan 8 and are looking into classes :)

MIL is planning my shower for when we are off the week of new years and my mom wants to plan hers after the baby is born. Anyone else got plans for theirs yet?
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby silverviper86 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Jen- I'll look into the click system :) I'll have to go back and look what we registered for. As far as a shower, my mom is planning one for Feb 1st. And I think we're going to buy a co-sleeper for the first couple months and then put her in the crib at night after that.

Anyway, our parents/ family aren't buying us any furniture, but my mom's already bought us some clothes and I think she's possibly planning on buying a larger item from our registry. Plus she's helping me paint and decorate the nursery :) it's so fun to be able to do it with her!

So how is everyone feeling? I'm still waiting for the burst of energy you're supposed to get during the second trimester, and I'm almost in the third. Lol
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jogiff » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:16 pm

It's really nice to have your mom close by to help decorate :) its only us here, I really only know my coworkers and my parents are 3h away and the in laws are 8h away so it's gonna be toooough!

I hope my burst of energy soon! I swear I feel more tired than the first trimester!

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby jjgirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:11 am

Hey Jen, I'm in Canada too. My dad lives in NJ and he bought us the safety1st air blah blah blah infant carrier and the convertible cardeats ... We have used them with no probs or questions. So I wouldn't worry about it. We may not be able to sell them here If the time comes though...

Just a heads up! The ya re exactly the same as the Canadian ones....
me (Jenn): 39
DH: 37
DS: 10/28/12
DD3/9/14
jjgirl
Angel
Angel

Postby BECCAF » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:46 pm

That didn't even occur to me, good point Jen! I have a very limited perspective living in Southern California!

Has anyone picked up any good baby advice books? Have you guys picked out your nursery furniture yet? I actually think we're getting all of ours from Ikea. We went and looked this weekend and were actually pretty impressed with the quality, and of course the price. They also have this great grey-brown color that we're loving.

AFM, I'm feeling good! I do have more energy, but I wouldn't call myself energetic at all. It's getting harder to move around and my legs are constantly sore, especially at night - it often wakes me up. Kicking is more regular now!

XOXO
TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:02 pm

Ashley, Sorry you are having trouble sleeping. I've been so exhausted from teaching all day that I PASS OUT as soon as my head hits the pillow and only wake up to pee :). I hope things get a little better. I've heard lots of pillows around you/between the knees and stuff like that help. That's awesome your mom is helping you with the nursery. I loved getting to work on ours with my mom too :). I wouldn't say I had the "2nd trimester burst of energy" but I am feeling like I need a more normal amount of sleep. In the first trimester I felt like I couldn't function with less than 9 hours and now I'm feeling great after 8. But, I sleep really hard when I am sleeping so maybe I just learned to sleep more efficiently :).

Jen, is your sciatica getting any better? That's exciting about your baby shower! Our families have already given us most of the big stuff we need so we are thinking we probably won't have a baby shower but might have some sort of a meet and greet thing after the baby is born. The ladies at work are insisting on having some sort of a baby shower thing at some point so I guess I will be having something small with them.

Becca, We haven't gotten any baby advice books yet.....I guess we had better get on that! If anyone has any good recommendations, I would love to hear them!!

Hope the rest of you girls are doing well :).

AFM, nothing too exciting going on here....I'm looking forward to Cyber Monday to try to get some good deals on baby stuff!! We are having Thanksgiving at my house in a week and a half so I'm starting to figure out what all to do for food and stuff. What is everyone's plans for Thanksgiving? Anyone else keeping their eyes out for good deals on Black Friday or Cyber Monday? I'm not a big crowd person so I'm just sticking to online deals!

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jogiff » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:21 am

Yay for consistent kicks Becca :) mine are starting to get stronger, sometimes they catch me off guard lol. Dh has only felt them once, and I'm visiting my mom this weekend so she keeps trying but the baby stops every time someone puts their hands on my belly haha

Thanks for the info jj :) we tried out the graco modes system and while the car seat is slightly on the heavy side, the stroller is very light. I loved it :)

We also picked our furniture this weekend, the crib set from sears and the glider from babies r us. I'm feeling quite accomplished :)

And the registry is done now so I'll stop adjusting it haha someone already bought the rug I wanted from IKEA!

Its been so slow here, I wonder where all our girls went?

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bljohnson4 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:19 pm

Jen, that's exciting that you picked out your furniture this weekend :). I would love to see your registry (if you would share)....I started mine but I'm afraid I'm forgetting important stuff!

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jogiff » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:02 pm

Sure Briana! Be warned we had no idea what to put but I think we covered nearly everything. The registry doesn't include a pack n play yet, we're still deciding on one.
Last edited by jogiff on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bljohnson4 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:36 am

Thanks for sharing!! I'll look it over tonight but I already see (just skimming through it) that I need to add a nursing cover of some sort to my registry. Definitely something I want but didn't put on mine :).

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby bljohnson4 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:45 pm

How's it going ladies?!? I think some of you girls are getting close to the third trimester!! :) Our nursery furniture went on sale (VIP Black Friday Sale) so I finally ordered it! We got 20% off so that will make the price a little lower for my grandmother-in-law. I also think we finally have an idea for our baby's name. We are thinking about naming him Tobias (Toby). What do you girls think? We haven't told anyone our name idea yet because we have been having such a hard time coming up with it. I think I'm afraid that someone will say something to make me not like it and then we will be back to square one lol. I celebrated Thanksgiving with my family at my house this weekend and that was fantastic. All of the food turned out great and I think everyone had a good time. My mom tried really hard to feel the baby move but he wasn't cooperating when she put her hand on my belly....little stinker! Hope to hear from you girls....it is so quiet!

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups