Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

Postby silverviper86 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:03 pm

I love the name! Good choice! And how awesome that you ordered your furniture :) I still have a lot to do to get the nursery ready. I think I'll be quitting work sometime in January, which should give me almost two months to get everything ready.

So does anyone else feel HUGE yet? I feel like in the last two weeks, I've like doubled in size. lol! In case some of you aren't on the belly pics thread, here's what I look like now. I've already gained 20 lbs :( My midwife said I was fine though and not gaining too rapidly. Of course, she also said the initial 30 lbs she recommended isn't gonna happen. I bet I'll gain more like 40 lbs. Ugh!

Oh, also, when I went to my last appt, I was able to feel my baby's head! My midwife pressed in really hard and had me put my hand there. She's already head down and might stay that way until delivery. I've been feeling lots of kicks under my ribs. She seems to have a pattern of when she's most active. It's usually mid-morning, anytime after I eat, and late at night, like 12-1am. She's a night owl just like her momma! :)
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby silverviper86 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Omg you guys. I have the stomach flu :( I've already thrown up like 6 times. I hope it won't effect the baby! But I think it'll be ok if I keep hydrated. What do you guys think?
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Ashley, that is so nice that you will get two months off before the baby comes. I think that will be great prep time :). I'm working until March 7th (if the baby stays snuggled up in there until then). Then I'll take the last 12 weeks of school off and I'll have the summer off so it will end up being almost 6 months. You look really great, all 20lbs went right to your belly!! I'm not feeling huge yet but I feel like acid is coming up my throat whenever I bend over and I'm finding it a little more awkward to get up off the couch or out of be...so that's no fun lol. You are already 27 weeks and have only gained 20lbs so I bet it is still totally doable for you to gain 30lbs. I've heard many women don't gain much (if any) weight after like 34-36 weeks so you can still gain a pound a week between now and then and still stick to your goal. :) I haven't taken any pics since 22 weeks so I really need to get on that...I'll be 26 weeks on Monday so maybe I'll remember to take one then. That is so great that your baby is head down!! I just had an apt. yesterday and my doc. didn't try to feel how the baby is laying so I'm not sure if he is still head up or not. He did measure my uterus and it is 25.5cm so that is right what it should have been. That is horrible that you have the stomach flu :(. Don't eat anything for a while and just drink sips of water (I think they say a tablespoon of water every 15 minutes or something) and see how that goes. Then maybe tomorrow try some broth or dry toast. If you keep puking into the night, I would call your doctor just so they can keep an eye on things too. I hope you feel better soon!!!
Me: 25
DH: 31
Married: 7/2/2011

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby silverviper86 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:18 am

Thanks Briana! I've been sipping water and orange juice and have managed to keep that down. But then I tried to eat some mandarin orange slices and puked them right up. I'll definitely go to the doc if this isn't better tomorrow.

Anyway, I can't wait to see an updated pic! I bet you've grown a lot in 4 weeks :) I'll put up a new pic either tomorrow or Monday. It's hard to believe how fast this is going! Are you feeling a lot of movement now? I can't remember if I wrote this on here, but the other night the baby kicked my husband in the face as he was listening to my belly. Lol! She responded to his voice. Cutest thing ever! He's so excited...
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BECCAF » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Hey everyone! Just wanted to stop in and say hi. All is well on my end - getting bigger but still feeling good. I've gained about 17-18 pounds so far. Feeling tons of kicks now and I have my glucose/gestational diabetes test next week. Has anyone had theirs yet? Wondering what to expect...

Here's a new bump pic - almost 27 weeks. Can you guys believe the 3rd trimester is here already?

TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby silverviper86 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:48 am

Looking great, Becca! I have my glucose test on Wednesday, so I'll let you all know how it goes. Crossing my fingers that it goes well!

And I agree about the kicks- seems like they're non-stop :) so far they haven't been hard enough to keep me up, but I definitely notice them more now. Have you guys found it harder to sleep? I find myself tossing and turning a lot and I wake up exhausted. That's the part about the third trimester that I'm not looking forward to- being tired a lot. But it's crazy that it's here! Time is going so fast!!!
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:37 am

Ashley, are you feeling much better now? That is cute that your baby kicked your husband :). I feel kicks much more regularly now and I even felt hiccups at 4am this morning lol. I took a pic on my new iphone so I just need to figure out how to get it on here (I've always had "stupid" phones so I need to figure out how to work this new one lol). I'll try to do it tonight if our internet is working. We have been having lots of internet problems so our service provider is coming out tonight between 5-7 to try to fix it.

Becca, I just had my glucose test last Friday. It was no big deal. I picked up this orange drink (small water bottle full) on Wednesday, put it in my fridge, drank it 45 minutes before getting to the doctors office, checked in at the doctors office, and then they took a vile of blood 1 hour after I drank it (can take blood anytime between 55-65 minutes after you drink it). The drink was orange flavored.....kind of like sunny-D.....not horrible. I got my results back last night and I passed! :) Normal is 78-139 (according to my doc) and mine was 101. You look great in your pic!

AFM, I'm still sleeping pretty well. I've woke up to pee 4 times the past two nights so that's annoying....but besides for that I'm still doing okay. I'm up 14 pounds at 26 weeks (as of yesterday). We bought a TON of cloth diapers from Nicki's Diapers for Cyber Monday. They had great deals. The ones I got were already 10% off, plus it was 10% off everything in store, I got free shipping, a free wet bag (x3), a free window bag (x3), and a $50 giftcard for spending so much money (which I turned right around and spent lol). Once I get all of my stuff, I'll post a pic :).

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Suzynumber1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:33 am

Y'all look great!! I'm a little behind y'all I'm going on 24 weeks Thursday. My due date is march 28th. I have a drs appointment today. I love feeling baby girl move. My husband hasn't felt her kick yet :/. Are any of you ladies experiencing stomach tightness and it getting really hard?
Suzynumber1

Postby jogiff » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi Ladies!

Suzy, my stomach tightens up and get hard sometimes too. It usually is more uncomfortable than anything else and to be quite frank usually occurs when I have a gassy day :rofl:

Becca you look Fab! I've had my glucose test already, but my experience was different that Brianna's. I had to drink the orange drink when I got to the lab and drink it all within 5 minutes. I had a morning apt and its a little fizzy so I thought it was pretty nasty. Then I had to stay at the lab for the full hour before they drew the blood. They must measure on a different scale here because a normal result is under 7.8 and I passed with a 6.6

Brianna great steal on the diapers! I applaud everyone using cloth diapers. I for one don't even want to attempt that!

Ashley hope you are feeling better! Having a stomach bug while pregnant would not be fun!

We've been thinking of some more names and are really liking Lydia for a girl now. So glad we still have three months to decide! We've purchased the dresser, crib and change table (which had a black friday 25% off!) and I snooped my registry :oops: and the glider I put on there is off :) Can't wait to paint in January.

What's everyone plans for Christmas?
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bljohnson4 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Suzy, it sounds like you are having some braxon hicks contractions. I've been getting those for a few months now but I started getting them pretty early (I think around 16 weeks if I remember correctly...but I could be a ways off lol).

Jen, I'm glad you passed your glucose test! Mine wasn't fizzy at all....which I suppose was a plus since I also had a morning appointment. Bummer that you had to sit around for an hour though. I've heard other ladies saying their doctors office made them do that also. I love the name Lydia....very cute! You had a great sale find, also. It is always nice to find good deals!! I only got our bedroom set for the nursery for 20% off so you beat me ;). We will be headed a few hours north to visit my parents for Christmas. Nothing too crazy, just getting together with family for some good food and company :). My husband is Jewish so we are currently celebrating Hanukkah (tonight is the 7th night). It is fun to have so many traditions! What are you doing for Christmas?

AFM, I'm uploading my 26 week pic....I can't really tell a big difference between 22 weeks and 26 weeks. But, my shirt is a different fit (much less fitted) so maybe that is it. I've gained 3.2 pounds since then (14 pounds total) so apparently that all went to my butt or something lol.

22 weeks 1 day (2).JPG
22 weeks 1 day
22 weeks 1 day (2).JPG (70.96 KiB) Viewed 1386 times

26 weeks.JPG
26 weeks
26 weeks.JPG (46.56 KiB) Viewed 1386 times

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby silverviper86 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:42 am

Hi ladies! Just checking in. I passed my glucose test as well, and she said my iron levels were good too. So I was relieved! The drink wasn't that bad. They had a lemon lime one, so I did that and it just tasted like flat, really sweet Sprite.

Anyway, I've also had some Braxton Hicks, but it was mainly while I had the stomach bug. It must have been due to dehydration. I haven't noticed them this week. However, I have noticed other symptoms. My nipples are leaking! Not a ton, but if I squeeze them, colostrum comes out. I know I'm weird to squeeze them, but I was curious! LOL!!! Also, I've been a lot more uncomfortable sleeping. And I've also developed carpal tunnel on my left wrist. I wore a wrist band all day yesterday and that helped.

Other than that, I've been so anxious to get the nursery done! I have a really busy month at work, so after the first of the year I can really dive right into the room.

I have my rogham shot today (in the butt I might add). So I'm glad to get that over with. Hope everyone is having a good day!!!
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:38 pm

Hey Ashley, I'm glad you passed your glucose test and your iron levels were good. I bet the BHs were from dehydration if you don't normally get them. I get them all the time now. Like.....several per hour...day and night. Sometimes they wake me up at night. I get them for no reason at all but I get more if I lay on my back, have to pee, need to drink more, or am more physically active than normal. I also have noticed the colostrum for a while now. I tend to leak a little after I get out of the shower but can get some out anytime if I try. That stinks about the sore wrist! I've heard that is a pretty common problem to develop. Eww about the shot in the butt! That sucks!! Hope that went well lol.

AFM,

Sunday I decided it would be a good idea to work ALL day (after working M-F, having classes for my Master's degree on Friday night from 5-10, and having classes for my Master's degree on Saturday from 8-5). I did 6 loads of laundry (4 loads of baby clothes that we got from another momma with an older son....that had to be all sorted, folded, and put away into the dressers we got), vacuumed, swept, mopped, did dishes, shoveled snow, and wrote a paper for my class. I totally paid the price. I had TONS of contractions all night and into the day on Monday. I didn't sleep for more than a few hours and it was very sporadic. I guess I need to take it a little easier than that!!

I think I'm all done getting baby clothes and diapers now. For $130 we got TONS of baby clothes (from 2 different people). It was 4 loads worth of laundry for size 0-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12, and a few 12-18 things. Depending how quick our baby grows, I might need some different season (shorts vs. pants) items and some sort of pajama for the 9-12 month size but I think we should be good for the rest of the first year! Pretty awesome. Also, my MIL bought us a bunch of cloth diapers and I got a few more also so we should be set there. They are all so cute! We got Best Bottom diapers for what we are going to use primarily (hopefully), some pocket diapers (for family not as comfortable with cloth diapering/maybe daycare/another night time option to have on hand), and 14 newborn sized cloth diapers. We are going to also use cloth wipes so I got the fabric for that, some wet bags, and some wipe solution concentrate.

I think the only big things I have left to get are bedding and a breast pump. We still have some other things we would like (baby bath, decorations for the nursery, activity mat, baby bath-time/hygiene stuff, and a boppy) but I don't think any of those things are a real big deal. We have been so lucky that our families have been so helpful in buying things for us. The only things we have bought ourselves are the used clothing and some of the cloth diapering supplies. We decided we probably won't have a shower because we don't have any other big needs so I think we will just have a meet-and-greet once the baby gets here :).

This weekend my husband and I have our birthing class all day on Saturday and then a hospital tour on Sunday so I'm really looking forward to that! I'm also going to make some sugar hand scrub for easy gifts for co-workers for Christmas. The recipe is pretty easy:

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub
2 Cups of Brown Sugar
1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Cup + 1 Tablespoon of Sunflower Oil

Mix Brown Sugar, Granulated Sugar and Pumpkin Pie Spice together, making sure there are no lumps. Add in oil and mix well. These keep well in a sealed, sanitized glass container for months. Just keep out of direct sunlight; as you would store the oil itself.

I found it online a while back but I don't have the link to the site.

What's new with all of you other girls? We are almost done (or done) with the 2nd trimester now I think!!

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby silverviper86 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Oooh that scrub sounds so nice! :)

And that's awesome that you have so much ready! I've been holding off on buying a lot of things, especially clothes because I know I'm going to have at least two showers! My mom wants to throw one and so does my friend. The meet and greet that you're doing sounds perfect :)

Sorry about your BH contractions! It does sound like you overdid it. It's hard not to once you get the cleaning and organizing bug. Lol. I need to do a bunch of laundry tonight too. I feel very unprepared for this baby and can't wait to start getting the nursery ready!!

Oh and BTW, my rogham shot wasn't bad at all. It stung a little, but only for a second. Thankfully they did it more on my hip/upper butt than further down. I'll have to get another shot a day or two after the baby is born.

Oh! And I've been crocheting baby stuff. Here are a couple pics:

We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jogiff » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:21 am

Ashley your crocheting is beautiful :) I get my Rhogam next week Ashley so thanks for the warning that its in the bum :)

Brianna you make me feel really unprepared too! haha All we have is the crib and dresser. We don't even have a mattress or bedding for the crib yet. My to do list is so long I wish I could steal some of your energy. I have a billion things to do before my Christmas holidays and my house is a disaster. I've been feeling run down lately though, not sure whether I'm fighting off a cold or what. I stayed home from work yesterday and did absolutely nothing but watch netflix and do some sewing. I actually probably feel worse thinking I should have done something productive.

Here is the sewing I did. I'm making the mobile out of felt and this is the first guy done!

Nothing else is really new here. Yay for Third Trimester kind of hoping the nesting picks up and things get done. My MIL is having a shower on Dec 29 so we aren't buying baby stuff before that. and I am pretty sure the girls at work are throwing one in the new year.
I booked our maternity/newborn photography package. We are doing the maternity shots on the eve of my 30th birthday :) We're going to brave the cold and do them in the snow. I hope they turn out as great as they do in my mind! Anyone else getting pictures done?

Suzy I guess you are next for the trimester milestone!
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bljohnson4 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Oh, Ashley!! The stuff you are crocheting is beautiful :). I wish I knew how to crochet!! I can knit so I don't think it would be too hard to learn but I've just never had anyone to teach me. You should make some instructional videos :).

Jen, the raccoon is so cute :). How special that you are making your baby's mobile. I'm sure it will be treasured!! You girls are both so creative. Sure, I have a bunch of stuff bought (well, mostly I've had stuff bought for me lol) but I haven't made anything for my little guy. I guess I need to get my creative juices flowing!! I can't wait to see your pictures!!

I haven't decided if we will do pics or not. I don't know anyone who does them and I've kind of been putting it off. I do think it would be nice to have a few done though!

AFM, I'm still having more BH contractions than I had before last weekend but they haven't been too unreasonable (but often 3-4 per hour) and not at all painful. I have another appointment a week from Monday so I'll bring it up then. I also think Toby changed positions. I had been feeling most movement in the lower left hand side of my belly and this week I have been feeling movement up towards my ribs on the right hand side of my belly. I'm not sure if his head is still up on that side (like it was at my 20 week ultrasound) or if he flipped around and now his feet are up there. I'm hoping it is his feet!! I'm not sure how to tell though and I won't have any more ultrasounds unless the doctor has any concerns.

Can you girls tell where your babies are positioned in your belly?

Oh, and here is an updated belly pic :). I decided to compare 7 weeks, 17 weeks, and 27 weeks. I think the biggest difference is how much longer my hair is lol. I hadn't really noticed until I looked at the 3 pics together! Sorry for the foggy mirror....I had just gotten out of the shower and didn't notice quite how foggy it still was.

7 weeks.JPG
7 weeks
7 weeks.JPG (69.53 KiB) Viewed 1277 times

17 weeks 3 days.JPG
17 weeks 3 days
17 weeks 3 days.JPG (66.35 KiB) Viewed 1277 times

27 weeks 3 days.JPG
27 weeks 3 days
27 weeks 3 days.JPG (39.53 KiB) Viewed 1277 times

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups