Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

Postby BECCAF » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:14 am

Yay Cookie! So glad to hear it went so well. :)

Cara - I want to hear all about it! Full report!

I was a caffeine drinker - maybe 2 solid cups a day. As soon as we started trying I cut back slowly and now I don't even really miss it. OK, sometimes I do!

Ashley, I want to know how you announced it too! Facebook is a huge step, congrats!
TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby TTC in Florida » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:27 am

Cookie -- Actually I'm 2/28! I had guessed 2/27 from ovulation but they pushed me back a day at the last ultrasound. So close though!

The NT scan went great! The baby was so cute, wiggling around and even "waving" at us with tiny hands, tiny little legs crossed. So sweet! We got an awesome picture, it totally looks like our kid is giving us a big thumbs up!!!

So here's my detailed rundown of the scan so you ladies know what to expect! Cause I really had no idea:

It was an over-the-belly ultrasound, the lady squired some warm jelly on my belly and it was surprisingly not too unpleasant! She found the baby right away, and at first just kinda looked overall, checked for a heartbeat, and let us watch the baby kicking around for a bit which was nice! Then she had certain measurements she had to take, mostly of the head at all different angles. It took quite a while, she was taking measurements for about 40 minutes. Sometimes she needed to get a different angle and they baby wouldn't quite cooperate, or else it wouldn't stay still long enough to get the measurement! So she would kinda jiggle my belly, push into it, try to get the baby to move. She also had me lay on my side to see if that helped. One thing I wasn't expecting is that they didn't let me pee beforehand, they said I needed something in my bladder for the scan to work best. So it was really uncomfortable to have someone poking into my bladder when it was full of pee! But obviously worth it to see the baby. Also, I didn't get results right away. She said she is "just the photographer!" and the doctor would have to analyze the images and give me results next week. But by all accounts the baby looks good! It was so reassuring to see.

Sorry that was long! But since I'm one of the first ones to get it done I thought I'd give the rundown!

I'm so excited for you ladies to have ultrasounds soon, too! Does anyone have one coming up soon?
Me (Cara) & DH: 27 * Anniversary: 12.28.08 * TTC for one year before BFP!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BECCAF » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:31 am

THANK YOU for the rundown! I was wondering exactly how it would go. I have mine on the 26th. :)

I'm so happy it went well! And I am absolutely dying over the thumbs up, that is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. XOXO
TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jogiff » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:34 am

So cute Cara! Loving the thumbs up!
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby carabug » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:48 am

Super cute Cara!

I have mine on the 22nd and we go directly into the genetics counselor to find out the results and get the blood test for Maternit21.

I can't remember have you had your genetic blood test yet? When do you get the results and find out the sex.

Had another miscarriage dream last night, probably because it being fresh in my mind after reading about Mel's heartbreaking news. trying not to worry too much. Any body else having Miscarriage dreams????- I think this is #4.

Feeling extra awful these last few days, but I am sure the LO is just growing away.

I would love to hear the Facebook announcement too- please share. I have a few ideas, but still pondering it.
Me- 35
DH- 35
BFP- 6/28/13 our First!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
carabug

Postby Cookie911 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:58 am

Glad to hear it went well! Did they tell
You the nt measurements? Yesterday at mine a doc came in and said they were normal and also a nasal bone was found, which is good! DS babies don't have a prominent nasal bone I guess. Then they took blood from me to compare it with. Did they do that to you?
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby silverviper86 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:05 pm

Cara- what an adorable picture!!! :) I'm glad the test went well and I hope you get your results soon.

Carabug- sorry about those awful dreams :( maybe your stress/worry is just manifesting itself in your dreams and with Mel's recent tragedy, I think it's been on all of our minds. I hope you start having some good dreams now!

So as far as our Facebook announcement, I took a picture of myself holding up the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and put the caption as "I've been doing a lot of reading lately... ;)" I was thinking about posting something with a Doppler video, but decided I'd rather keep the heartbeat more personal and just share it with family.

And speaking of Doppler, I was a bit worried last night because I couldn't find the heartbeat at home. But then I tried again today after work and there it was! I was super relieved. I think the baby kept moving though because I had to keep moving the Doppler around.

And sorry to keep rambling here, but today my boobs have been SO itchy!! As soon as I took off my bra, they were itching bad. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm guessing they're just growing more.
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jogiff » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:19 am

I can't believe so many of you are 12 weeks already! Love it!

Ashley I love your fb announcement, so cute. Not sure I told you guys already, Dh is having a tshirts made for me that says "future fan" with an arrow down to my belly and then the logo of Toronto maple leafs and baby feet. It'll be something like this:
And my comment will be "just in time for playoffs" :) I think we will wait until I get back from my trip in september.

Cara can wait to see your bean tomorrow, I'll be looking for updates!

I've still been having that hip pain, definitely bringing it up next week at the Dr. In the mean time I'm thinking I'm going to buy this Snoogle pillow. Ithink it'll help with the pressure and it's got great reviews

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Cookie911 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:17 am

So my prenatal blood test came back that I have some RH antibodies from the rhogam shot I was given after my d&c in may. UGH.
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Cookie911 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:19 pm

Ok, so the doctor seemed to think it wasn't a big deal and shouldn't affect the baby...they'll just monitor me and repeat the bloods in 8 weeks. Blah.

How's everyone else doing? Cara did you get your results yet from the maternit21?!
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jogiff » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Glad she doesn't think it'll be a problem cookie :)

How'd your scan go cara?

I called the gp today to see what my appt would be like next Monday. The receptionist said they have a fetal monitor so they better use it!!

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby jerzgrrrl72 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Good evening, Ladies! Soooo sorry for being totally MIA for so long. My work basically dumped another full-time job on top of the full-time job I already have so to say last week was beyond busy and stressful would be a grave understatement :P Cara, I think you did the right thing by starting the new thread. When I read Mel's posts, it broke my heart, and selfishly made me start freaking out about whether or not my own "Little VOL" is still alive. After losing my first in June, I've been extra paranoid of something going wrong, or waking up and finding out is was all just a dream :( I know it's ridiculous, but I don't have a lot of trust in general, and every time that trust gets shaken (i.e. the chemical in June,) it just makes it that much harder for me to believe that everything is okay, especially now that I'm no longer on my Wellbutrin. I quit taking it when I got my current BFP, and though for the most part, I don't even realize I'm not on it, in moments of stress, I definitely feel its absence.

Even though I haven't had time to post, I have been :lurk: along for the past wk, keeping up w/everything that's been happening w/everyone. I'm glad to see that for most part, everyone is doing well. Cara your scan is soooo cute! Becca, you ROCK for running a 5K--you're my hero :) I actually did some running intervals while walking w/DBF last week for the 1st time in an entire yr. My heart rate didn't go through the roof, so I'll probably try that again soon. Jen, I'm sorry you're having the hip pain. I hope you get some answers soon. Your appt is almost here--just hang in there a little longer, Woman! Oh, and that t-shirt is adorable. I was thinking of making one that says "Future Smiths Fan" w/an arrow to wear to the Johnny Marr concert in Nov, since I should definitely be showing by then :) Briana, Cookie, Cara, Ashley, and anyone else, I swear I haven't forgotten about you--I just left my names cheat sheet at work, so I can't remember exactly who's who :oops:

As for me, I got my doppler in the mail 2 wks ago, but DBF is paranoid about the waves doing something to the baby, so I have to use it in secret :( The first time (8 1/2 wks?) I couldn't find anything, but I used it again on Sat morning (9 wks, 4 days,) and even though the actual visual reading (the # bpm) on the monitor didn't show anything super-high like what we heard/saw at the dr's office, I found my own hb, and then I put it in the exact place where my OB put the monitor/U/S on Thurs, and I heard something about double the speed of my own, so I'm almost positive that was "Little VOL" :D Soooooo glad I finally found it myself :fingersx: My OB assured DBF that there's nothing that "they know of" safety-wise which is bad for the baby, but she had to go & mention that she doesn't like for people to use them before 20 wks (*gasp!) because of freaking out if they can't hear them. DBF lost his father to brain cancer 4 yrs ago, and is paranoid about cell phones & all sorts of other things negatively affecting our bodies, so I get it, but he's making things more difficult :mad:
We have our MaterniT1 test on Thurs, and should know the results sometime between 9/3-9/10. We should also be able to know the sex as well since the results can tell you whether or not a "Y" chromosome is present :D The OB also now has DBF convinced that an amnio is the only sure-fire way to know what exactly/if anything is wrong with the baby, so now, I'll probably have to have one of those at 15-16 wks as well--damnit :( That is another huge tangent which I will refrain from going into right now, but suffice it to say, DBF and I are not exactly seeing eye-to-eye on the outcome & process of genetic testing, and it is definitely a point of contention in my pregnancy. Sigh...

On a happier note, my OB said everything is measuring up perfectly for a 3/18/14 due date, and I finally took some "bump" pics. Please bear in mind that it is ALL bloat from my chronic "afternoon" sickness, but the doc swears it should start to subside soon, just in time for real baby to start showing :)
8 wks
9 wks, 4 days

Thanks so much for letting me vent ♥
:sticky: healthy :pregnant: s & healthy :baby tumble: s to all!!!
Me (Natalle): 41
DBF: 44 (2 boys of his own)
2 meowy furbabies: Sake Monkey & Sampson Sillypants
TTC since February 2013
:bfp: 7/6/13
First ever BFP: 6/7/13; Miscarriage: 6/11/13
Baby is due 3/17/14-3/18/14!!! :)
jerzgrrrl72

Postby TTC in Florida » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:12 am

Hi all,

Just popping in for a quick check and update!

Cookie -- I'm totally unfamiliar with that issue, but whatever it is I'm very glad your doctor isn't too concerned! I'm sure your baby will continue to grow and be perfectly healthy, especially after that awesome 12 week ultrasound you had!

Cara -- Hope your scan and bloodwork went well! Thinking of you, XO

Jen -- That shirt is toooooo cute! What a fun reveal, totally love it!

Ashley -- LOVE that FB announcement, people must have been freaking out! :) I can definitely relate on the itchy boobs, and actually I've been feeling really itchy in general lately! Hmm...

Becca -- You're almost at that 12 week mark! So exciting, hope you are feeling well.

Jerzgirl -- Gosh sorry it sounds like you are dealing with some stress, but I'm sure your boyfriend is just wanting to be extra careful because he loves you and the baby so much. After losing his father in such a tragic way I can hardly blame him for being worried. I am a big believer in environmental factors leading to longterm health impacts. I work for a nonprofit and we educate people about toxics in consumer products, and let me tell you, that is some scary stuff. It's good that he wants to be cautious! It means he'll be a careful and loving dad.

As for me -- guys, my nausea and vomiting is getting WORSE instead of better! I've been sick four times this past week and last night I could not keep literally anything down for dinner. I'm really really really hoping that when I hit the second trimester at that 14 week mark things will turn around!

I was also totally shocked when the nurse called and said my urine sample came up positive for a urinary infection! I haven't had any of the burning of pain I usually experience with a UTI, and I had just chalked up the frequent urination to a normal pregnancy symptom. Now I'm on antibiotics (which I'm not thrilled about) but I know the risks of having a UTI spread to a kidney infection are really serious, so I'm anxious to kick this thing ASAP. So basically just wanted to warn you all, apparently asymptomatic urinary infections are a thing during pregnancy... I had no idea!
Me (Cara) & DH: 27 * Anniversary: 12.28.08 * TTC for one year before BFP!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Cookie911 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:40 am

Cara, did you get your results from the tests or the nt scan?

Jerzgrl, I'm sure that what cara said is totally right. Sorry you're feeling stressed out!

How's everyone else feeling/doing? I love the reveal..I need to start working on mine. I think I'll do two shirts for my girls,
One saying REALLY big sis, and the other saying big sis, an take their pics. Then I can use the shirts when baby is born too. I can't believe it doesn't have to be a huge secret anymore.

I got my nt scan results! They said both were "negative" and my risk for downs and the other trisomy's went from 1:300 (from being 33) to 1:3600, equivalent to very low risk of a healthy 18 year old. Yay!!! I'm very relieved. Not much else to do but wait til 20 week scan now.

Is everyone still feeling starving? I am. I cannot eat enough.
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Cookie911 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:41 am

Oh and big bummer about the UTI!!!
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups