Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Marching Toward MARCH Babies... Part 3

Postby jerzgrrrl72 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:01 pm

Cookie, that is such incredible news about your NT scan!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm sooooo happy for you :D
Cara, I'm so sorry you're feeling so sick. Mine has definitely been mostly "afternoon" sickness. Still haven't actually vomited, but have felt like I could many times. The past 2 days I've eaten potato chips & "junk" for lunch because it's all I can even think about eating. Have you tried "grazing" on crackers throughout the day to see if that helps? BIG bummer on the UTI :( I've had my share of those (far too many in life,) and the thought of one while pregnant is not something I even want to think about. Hope you get to feeling MUCH better really soon :hugs:
Me (Natalle): 41
DBF: 44 (2 boys of his own)
2 meowy furbabies: Sake Monkey & Sampson Sillypants
TTC since February 2013
:bfp: 7/6/13
First ever BFP: 6/7/13; Miscarriage: 6/11/13
Baby is due 3/17/14-3/18/14!!! :)
jerzgrrrl72

Postby BECCAF » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:16 pm

Hello beauties!

Jerz - I know what you mean about junk! I just inhaled a whole bag of chips and now I feel really guilty about it. I'm having a very emotional day and I almost cried haha. OH WELL.

UTIs are terrible, but I'm glad you didn't have symptoms! Those are the worst. I used to get them all the time and it was no fun.

I had a meltdown this morning because I couldn't find anything that fit me. Did I mention I'm very emotional today?! Apparently I am not one of those people lose weight in T1 - I've gained 3 or 4 lbs. I've read it's normal to gain up to 6 lbs this trimester but still! My tummy is totally sticking out now too. I'll take a pic for you guys soon.
TTC #1
Me: 30
DH: 35
Married: 6/11/12
Clomid 100 MG worked for us! Cycle #2. BFP! 12 DPO. Due 3/6/14

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby carabug » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi ladies-

Sorry I have been MIA- had a 2 day migraine after our weekend camping trip so have been limiting my computer use besides work.
My tests aren't until the 22nd. Did I put a different date by accident? I also was confused if you all were asking about me or the other Cara. I think moving forward here- I am fine with all of you calling me Carabug so no one is confused- mostly me!

Cookie- great news about your scan- what a relief! I hope ours goes as well. I think we get our results instantly so I will post on Thursday when I get back from the doc in the am.

Becca- I know exactly how you feel. I have been having the same problem from the very beginning because of my bloat. So basically have not buttoned regular pants since week 4. Have you tried the hair tie trick. It helps you still wear your regular pants for awhile. Also the dilemma I have is wearing stuff to hide the belly. I now I can wear regular shirts but when I do, the belly sticks out and people will know, which I don't necessarily want just yet at work. So getting dressed in the am in a struggle due to all these factors. I feel your pain! It's ok to gain, just keep up that great running. I envy that you can even do that.

Cara- Sorry about the UTI- that sucks- but I guess it is good you haven't had any symptoms. I guess that's why when you go for your regular preggo check ups they make you pee. I hope it gets better soon. Did you find out your genetic test and sex of the baby results yet? I might have missed them sorry.

Ashley- cute reveal! I am still deciding on what ours will be.

Jen- I like your idea too. Very cute.

Been feeling not pregnant last few days. I guess I am just getting used to it now, cause I am still feeling most of what I was feeling before. I can't wait until Thursday to see a better view of the baby and to see all is ok. Good news too- I actually slept through the entire night last night- not even a quick pee break. It was great. So am feeling pretty good today- just the normal stuff- hungry feeling every 2 hours, nauseous in general, and water tastes gross.

Does anyone else feel like water or anything is gross that normally tastes fine to you? Water is so gross and I know I need to be drinking it. I guess in general my mouth tastes gross too- don't know why.

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE!
Me- 35
DH- 35
BFP- 6/28/13 our First!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
carabug

Postby TTC in Florida » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Carabug, guess for some reason I/we had the wrong date in mind for your scan! Sorry guess all the dates are confusing me. Camping sounds fun but two day migraine sounds terrible, ugh! Sorry to hear that! Hope you are feeling better!

Cookie, yayayay!!! Sooo happy your results came back healthy and normal, such good and reassuring news! I didn't get my NT results yet, the nurse had said I should call Wed afternoon if I didn't hear sooner, so I'll call tomorrow.

Becca, totally agree on the clothes and sorry you had a meltdown, I think it's probably happened to all of us by now! I just did a mini shopping spree and invested in some skirts and flowy dresses, they're really helping me in the transition time when I'm feeling uncomfortable and chubby.

I had a major breakdown the other day and started wondering why on earth I married such a big guy (lol) he's 6'2" and well built, he was an ELEVEN POUND baby! Not even kidding! I was like "why did I marry a giant man I'll have to push out his giant baby?!?!" LOL -- I'm fine now but just wanted to share, YES, I can definitely relate to the meltdown thing! Hormones, huh?
Me (Cara) & DH: 27 * Anniversary: 12.28.08 * TTC for one year before BFP!

TTC in Florida
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:58 am

OMG I just typed a huge reply to all of your updates since I've been gone and a bunch of updates from me and then I accidentally changed the page and deleted everything. AHHHH. So, anyway, I'm not going to go back through respond to everyone again (sorry). But, I'm so glad everyone who had scans had good experiences, I loved seeing all of the updated pictures and hearing about the scan process. Sorry to those of you who are still feeling sick or are having potentially GIANT babies (Cara) lol. How exciting for those of you who have told the world on Facebook! Looking forward to hearing how your ultrasounds go to those of you who have scans tomorrow!!

I got back last night from visiting all of my family to tell them about the baby. I got lots of tears from my mom and one of my grandmas and aunts. I shared this poem with many of them to tell them about the baby (just changed the wording depending who it was):

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
I don't yet have a name.

You can't yet hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.

But all will change come March,
That's when the say I'm due.
I'm your first grandchild,
I can't wait till I meet you.

All I ask between now and then,
Is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait,
Because of all the love we'll know.

So as you're waiting patiently,
Please pray lots of prayers for me.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this wonderful family!

Author: Unknown

I obviously ate way too much of my grandma's desserts and other yummy meals because I went from being up about 1.5 pounds to being up 4 pounds. AHHH. I know it is normal to be up 4 pounds but it is definitely not normal to gain 2.5 pounds in 5 days lol. Whoops! Still feeling great here (although extra bloated after all the eating I did the past few days). I didn't take an 11 week picture since I wasn't at home but I'll try to take a picture sometime today or tomorrow and post it on the belly pics pages.

There are very few pants that I have that still fit me (one pair of jean shorts, one pair of jean capris, one pair of jeans, and my workout pants) and I need to start wearing my work clothes next week (I go back to teaching next Tuesday) but I doubt any of those pants fit me. Going to try to convince my husband that I need to do a little shopping since I haven't bought any new clothes yet. I have my NT scan on Friday so I'm looking forward to getting to see baby again!
Me: 25
DH: 31
Married: 7/2/2011

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby BECCAF » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:28 am

So I totally went on an online shopping binge and ordered a bunch of maternity clothing. I put on a dress this morning that wouldn't zip and decided that was the end of that!

Yes - I'm 12 weeks tomorrow - I'm really excited! But since we haven't seen/heard the baby since our initial scan, I'll feel a lot better after we go for the NT on Monday. If all looks good at that point, I'll make DH celebrate the end of the first trimester with me! Lord knows I'm REALLY ready for T2. T1 is hard work!

Do any of you guys juice? I've really been wanting to pick up a green juice from Whole Foods on my lunch breaks. I was drinking them regularly (buying and making them at home) prior to pregnancy but once we got a positive test I stopped. I've read that unpasteurized juice is a huge no-no. Which, I get if it's been sitting around. That's when the bacteria grows. But I'm just a bit confused as to why juicing and instantly drinking is any different from just eating raw fruit/vegetables. They're all washed, of course. I'm thinking today I want to go for it but I'm nervous. Does anyone have any intel on this?
TTC #1

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby bljohnson4 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:26 pm

Becca, I've heard that it is totally fine to drink fresh juices. But you need to drink it right after juicing (ie: no storing a few days worth of juice in your fridge). I think you would be totally fine!

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

Tobias was born on 12/15/13 at 27 weeks 6 days gestation at just 2 pounds 12 ounces. He spent 51 days in the NICU before coming home. He is our little miracle!!
bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby marinewifey08 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:37 am

HI Guys! Im due in March & Im the moderator at March Due dates! I know some of you are already on there but if others would like to you can join us on there! :) We are always open to more friends! :D
Me-24 :love: DH-25
It's another girl! :babyg:
marinewifey08
Angel
Angel

Postby BECCAF » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:54 am

Carabug - when are your tests today? Let us know how it goes!!!

How's everyone else feeling?
TTC #1

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby carabug » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Hey ladies-

Becca- Happy 12 week mark! Doesn't it feel good!

NT scan went great- the LO was being slightly uncooperative by moving around a lot etc, but they still got what they needed. They said everything was favorable. The Neck measurement that they do was 1.5 and they said they start to be concerned at 3. Nose bone was there, so that is good too. She said based on how much they can see at this point that all the anatomy was good. We also had our genetic counseling to discuss my further tests. She said based on both our family history etc, it looks like we should have a healthy baby. YAY!!! I am still having the test I had planned Maternit21 ( but theirs is from the Harmony lab so that is the name) - it also sounds cheaper then I had thought so we were stoked about that. And the test results are back in 7-10 business days- so yay!
I actually got pretty teary eyed hen I saw that little face for the 1st time. It was amazing! And the first thing I asked was- is there a heart beat and yes there is! a very strong 174bpm! It was so cool seeing the LO waving at us and kicking etc. I am feeling much more confident in letting people know now. But no announcement until after the blood comes back.

Hope everyone is doing well today!

Here's our little nugget at 12 weeks:
Me- 35
DH- 35
BFP- 6/28/13 our First!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
carabug

Postby bljohnson4 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Awww what a beautiful baby!!!! Such a perfect little face! Are you going to find out the sex? It looks like a girly nub to me....but I'm no expert :).

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jogiff » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:59 pm

First off, Yay for all the healthy scans!

Cara bummer on the uti. At least they found it and it's symptom free

I think I had the date confused carabug, sorry! But oh wow that it one pretty ultrasound :)

Briana your poem is so cute :) glad you had a good trip.

Natalie, I'm sure your dh is just being extra cautious, sounds like your dream is too sending you for both amnio and maternity21

Overall I have lost a pound, strange since I never had m/s but I'm trying not to worry. I am slightly overweight so I've read that happens.

Can't wait for my appt on monday! I'm gonna force her to use the fetal monitor that the receptionist said she sometimes uses!
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bljohnson4 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Thanks Jen! I'm excited to hear how your appt goes on Monday!

I have 200 days left until my due date and my NT scan is tomorrow! Getting excited!!

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby bljohnson4 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Natalle, you had some sort of testing done today too, right? How did that go? Did you have an ultrasound or was it a blood test?

BFP 6/26/13
EDD 3/10/14
It's a boy!!

bljohnson4
Star Member
Star Member

Postby BECCAF » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:23 pm

Carabug - YAY for a healthy scan! Your little one is so cute. Love, love love. You'll find out the sex with the Maternit, right?!

Briana - good luck on your appointment tomorrow, enjoy every moment and report back! <3
TTC #1

BECCAF
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups