Pregnant divas - (from TTC boards)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Pregnant divas - (from TTC boards)

Postby Sarahj86 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:32 pm

This is a board for those of us from the TTC buddy group with BFPs. Talk baby to your heart is content girls!!!
Sarahj86
Friend

Re: Pregnant divas - (from TTC boards)

Postby chall » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:48 am

Yay! I've been waiting for there to be enough of us over here to start a buddy group :) Thanks for starting one Sarah! How are you feeling, has it sunk in yet?
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Sarahj86 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:59 am

For some reason this thing wouldn't let me log in with. My other account.

Anyway

Yeah I though you gals were always saying how boring it is over here, so lets slowly migrate as our group gets BFPs!!! I so hope there are more soon. So long between you and me.

Hasn't sunk in really yet, how long did it take for you?
Sarahj86
Friend

Postby chall » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:11 pm

It took a while.. I didn't really have any symptoms, and I was cautious about getting too excited after having the m/c last time around. I think it really starting sinking in after seeing the little heartbeat flicker on the first ultrasound :)

So, did you call your doctor yet? Have any appointments scheduled?
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Sarahj86 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:14 pm

Monday at noon I have a doctors appointment, not sure it will be overly thrilling appointment though! By then hopefully ill believe it!

That's great you haven't had a lot of symptoms, I hope I'll be the same. Girl at work has twins and no symptoms or bump at 16 weeks.
Sarahj86
Friend

Postby chall » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Yea, my first appointment wasn't very exciting. The highlight was that they said I should get a dating ultrasound :)

I hope you manage to avoid most of the yucky symptoms too. But, it's all worth it, right?
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Sarahj86 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:45 pm

I am sure it will be!

So far I've had upset stomach (before BFP), twinges (plenty of them), bloating, gas, tired.... and I have only just found out.

Are you going to find out the gender?
Sarahj86
Friend

Postby chall » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Just wait til the first trimester symptoms really kick in... hope it isn't too rough on you.

DH and I are definitely team green, we want it to be a surprise! How about you, will you be finding out?

I've got quite a lot coming up in the next week... My first visit for the NuMom2B study is on Tuesday, so I'm excited to see my little bean again on the screen :) And I plan to tell my supervisor at work on Monday about being preggo. 8O The company I work for is very family friendly, so I'm really not concerned with how anyone will react. But, still a tiny bit nervous to tell her. Also next weekend DH and I are attending a wedding, and I'm going to visit my family for a couple days this week before the wedding since the wedding location is only about 2 hrs away from my family (we live 9 hrs away). A little girl time with my mom and sister, should be fun (DH can't take extra time off work since he starts his new job on Monday). I'm also planning to break the news to my two very oldest and best girl friends while I'm there. Can't wait to see their faces, they're going to be so excited. They already have 2 boys each, so I'm so happy to be joining them in the mommy club.
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Sarahj86 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:46 pm

Wow, these preg boards are quite in general huh.

Haha, yeah I am bracing myself. My acupuncturist said about week 7. I am hopeful it won't be too bad though.

Yay for a surprise, are you doing any redecorating :p

DH really wants to know and I don't mind too much either way, so we will be finding out. Feels like forever away though!

That's exciting your study starts this week. I think that is a really great opportunity and good on you for taking part.

Does your supervisor have any kids? I am really looking forward to telling mine, she is going to be pretty happy for me I think.

That sounds like you have an exciting weekend next. It is cool getting to the point of telling people. I can't wait to get to that point!! It is such a hard secret to keep. You just want to share it so much. Have you done anything special to tell anyone?
Sarahj86
Friend

Postby chall » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:39 am

Yea, I think around week 7 was when I noticed getting queasy if I hadn't eaten for a little while. It lasted through week 10... now I'm noticing it less (or maybe getting better at snacking).

That's funny that you say DH really wanted to know and you didn't feel strongly - that's how we were too! Except my DH really wanted a surprise. Funny what guys set their minds on...

We pretty recently moved into a new house, which requires a lot of redecorating/improvements all over the place. 2 out of 4 bedrooms have been redone so far (floors, paint). One of them I did in yellow, with a nursery in mind. It's currently the guest room. As soon as we finish a third bedroom, we'll move the guest room over there to make room for the nursery. I haven't really figured out a decoration theme yet... teddy bears and nursery rhymes are two ideas I had so far though. I also want DH to finish redoing the hall bathroom before baby comes. Fingers crossed... he's very handy at home improvements, but not the fastest worker...

My supervisor is young, she doesn't have any kids yet (just got married this year actually). She was happy and excited for me :) She suggested I let the executives of the company know, so they find out before the rest. So I just sent them all an email today, and I'm getting lots of congrats from them.

It is SO HARD keeping the secret! I didn't really do anything creative. My mom I just texted a picture of the digital HPT :) My parents knew we were trying, and they knew about the m/c. My in-laws I showed them the 7 week ultrasound picture. It's going to be such a relief when I do the "official" facebook announcement and make it totally public!
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jogiff » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi girls!!
Great idea on the board Sarah! I am still so happy for you :)

I posted our announcement on the ttc side. Soooo excited that the secret is finally out :)
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Sarahj86 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:07 am

Carol, if you haven't you should check our jos announcement, it's super cute!!

Yeah, I just get how hard it can be on the otherside, so to take some of that here is a cool idea. Hopefully our whole group will get here this year!!

That's great carol that you haven't been to sick. I think that is my biggest fear and being stuck in a meeting or something horrible at work.

What about you jo, and the sex of the baby thing? It is funny how both carol and I had the dh's who felt the strongest on where to find out or not. I can't wait to know... Feels like a lifetime away!!

Carol that is so cool dh is good with the handyman stuff and that you are renovating. That sounds like a lot of fun! Yellow will make a lovely baby room. Hopefully you get your bathroom done in time. I can't wait to paint the baby's room, it is a ugly purple colour at the moment.... Good excuse to change it!

That's great work it taking it well and you are getting lots of nice messages back.

When are you public announcing?
Sarahj86
Friend

Postby jogiff » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:38 am

I hope you don't get bad m/s either Sarah! I had absolutely none. I do have a lack of appetite as a whole with my dr says is a way that m/s can present. He says it should disappear by 16-18 weeks (sooooo soon now) and I have noticed it gradually getting better :)

I've been extra congested and have had a headache for two days so I hope it goes away and doesn't become a 2nd trimester problem. I've had some heartburn the past couple days which is new.

As for the great gender debate I could go either way. But at first dh said he really wanted to know, so I said that's fine. Now we've heard that some u/s techs won't tell you here in ontario so we discussed not knowing. Now I think we are stuck and can't decide. There are definitely pros and cons to both. We've got about a month decide our scan should around the week of Thanksgiving (Oct 14) here :)

Whether we find out or not I want to do a woodland animals theme in the nursery, so I think we'll leave the walls the grey color they Are now and maybe add white chevron.

When are you going to tell people Sarah?

Your friends are going to be so excited Carol! We definitely are feeling loved

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Sarahj86 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Oh I SOOO hope I am like you Jen (I love that now I know your real name :p)

Not good you are having a few symptoms - 2nd trimester is meant to be the best! haha

That is so strange they won't tell you the sex of the baby - I wonder why? I agree, there are pros and cons to both. I haven't talked to DH about the details yet - but there is always the option of just you and DH finding out and keeping a secret for everyone else (that is what BIL & SIL have done)

The nursery sounds cute. That will be so much fun. Looking forward to photos! I am hoping to turn the purple room into a light grey room as a starting point. Can't wait!

I might tell my boss when we have had our dating scan (whether we pay for it or however we get it) so about 6.5-7 weeks. We haven't talked in detail - but will probably wait until our 12 week scan to tell anyone else. We are pretty nervous.
Sarahj86
Friend

Postby jogiff » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:31 am

Haha Sarah I don't know why I never changed my signature over on the ttc, I never really thought about it lol

At first my gp said she didn't send people for dating u/s. Then I had my first prenatal at 12 weeks with her and she asked what the u/s said.... Umm you never sent me or refered me to an ob yet lol. I got one done the next week. Baby was measuring three ahead of lmp date, but we kept the 12th as the due date. All that to say, maybe they will send you!

I think if we findout the gender we'll tell everyone. It'd be to hard not to. They've given me two reasons why they tell the gender depending on the tech. 1. The ethnic debate (how unfortunately certain ethnicities abort if it's a girl so in order to avoid the issue they recommend the entire province not reveal the gender) 2. They've been wrong before (apparently if we say we know it's only 80% they might tell us. we actually aren't sure whether we want toknow anymore...

Hoswd your reveal go carol?

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups