Pregnant divas - (from TTC boards)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Pregnant divas - (from TTC boards)

Postby chall » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:29 am

Hi ladies! How is everyone doing?

Jen - Reveal was fun.. we just posted a cute comment on FB about our latest "home improvement" project of "expanding by 2 feet" and everyone loved it. It's such a relief to not have to keep the secret any longer. And when I told my BFF when I was home visiting - discovered she is pregnant too! She's due May 8, almost exactly a month after me. She's unfortunately in the midst of bad m/s :(
Sarah - How are you feeling?

I went for my genetic screen tests on Monday, and the ultrasound was awesome. It's really amazing how much baby looks like a baby already (picture attached!). I also got to go shopping with my mom and sister while I was visiting... bought some pants and tops that fit oh so much better. I'm much more comfortable now. I ended up buying some regular tops and bottoms in a larger size. I don't really have a bump yet, so I don't feel like I'm ready for maternity clothes (though I did buy a couple items). I just look fatter right now, which is kind of bothersome. At least most people know now that I'm pregnant. Still, can't wait til I actually have a bump to show off.
Attachments
12w_1d.jpg
12w_1d.jpg (54.08 KiB) Viewed 1765 times
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Sarahj86 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:59 pm

Carol, love the scan. I can't wait to go maternity clothes shopping, haha.

Jen, that's a funny story about your carer and the dating scan, crazy.

I am so pleased I called the midwife as when I saw her today she said I need to get three lots of hcg tests done so she can make sure I am far along enough for a dating scan. Which she thinks is very important for two reasons, one being my crazy cycles before and two being for some of the testing they will do on bubs 11-13 weeks.

I have been feeling a bit rubbish tbh. Just had two days off (out first in 2 n a half months) so that was good. Not sleeping well though, as that is when my nausea is worst at the moment. I have my seas bands and have started wearing them at night which helps. Having problems with ibs too, a lot of cramping. Ugh. Lucky it will all be worth it.

We checked out the birthing centre too, it was so nice! They have everything I want and I get my own room after (much better than women in cities get at the large hospitals)

Sorry that was all about me! Any advice for me for getting through to the 12 weeks? It's so hard to keep a secret
Sarahj86
Friend

Postby jogiff » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:43 am

Adorable profile Carol! Your announcement sounds super cute :) its so nice your friend is preggos too! It would be such a nice adventure to share :)
The bigger size should last a few weeks, I used the hairband trick on my summer clothes because I didn't want to buy new capris for one a month. My bump is definitely starting, but not quite popped yet!

Sarah I'm glad you enjoyed your appt! Is this a new midwife (not the one that said you weren't pregnant by mistake)? The birthing Centre sounds awesome! I work in a hospital and have always been a clinical person, so we chose an ob and the hospital (which was newly built two years ago), they have a nice mat/child ward. As far as nausea, I didn't really have much, but I heard really small snacks every hour, sea bands, ginger ale... If it's really bad, get the midwife to give you some zofran :)

Not much new with me. Just a check up appointment on Oct 2nd, can't wait to hear that hb again :) and my anatomy scan is oct 16, the day before hubby's surgery so he can come :)
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby chall » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:46 am

Thanks Jen :) I tried the hairband trick, but my pants were tight not only at the button, but also the zipper.. know what I mean? So just letting the button be undone didn't really make me comfortable. I'm trying to make do with a limited work wardrobe in these larger sizes. So exciting that your bump is starting! I so can't wait for that. Tired of just feeling fat. Have fun at your appointment this week! Did you decide if you are going to find out the sex at your scan?

Sarah - Can't wait for you to get your dating scan! My first u/s was so neat - even though it was just a little blob, we saw the flickering heartbeat. So cool. As for getting through the 12 weeks of keeping a ginormous secret... I don't have much advice, it was tough. We did tell close family after we saw the heartbeat on that first scan (parents, inlaws, sister) - I found it helped having a couple people to talk to about it (especially my mom, we're quite close). Otherwise, you just have to be patient :wink: Don't worry, 12 weeks will be here sooner than you think!

afm - I am approaching official start of the second trimester, woohoo! I've noticed the queasy-when-I-dont-eat feeling is less now, and I'm not as tired at the end of the day, usually (had one day last week that I was falling asleep at 8pm, so it still hits sometimes). Otherwise, not much news. My next checkup is next week on Tuesday.
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Sarahj86 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:33 am

I too can't wait for a bump, but I have this awesome ms period to get through first.

Scan is Thursday and I think we will tell our parents after that if everything looks good. Baby should measure a day or two short of 8 weeks.

Yay for the second trimester carol, how was your appointment or hasn't it been yet?

How was your check up Jen? (Yip I went with a different midwife!)
Sarahj86
Friend

Postby chall » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:13 pm

hi!

Sarah - My appointment is tomorrow. I don't think they will do much, but I'm hoping they will tell me the results of the genetic screening. I'll keep everyone posted :)

Not much else to report. Hope you are all doing well!
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jogiff » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:29 pm

HI Ladies :)

Carol, definitely keep us up to date on you appt. Fingers crossed its all normal :) and YAY for second trimesters!! I personally didn't get my appetite back until half way through week 16. Now I'm hungry after an hour of not eating haha

Sarah, I'm glad you went with a new ob? Is your ultrasound in two days?! YAY!

Afm Work has been intensely busy so I've been exhausted at night.. Hence my lack of posting. My appt went great last week, heard the hb again (but he didn't tell me what the rate was) It sounded much louder than last time. My IPS screening was negative YAY. He also did swab because I guess there were tests my GP missed when she did my pap. When he finished he said that my cervix was fiery and to expect spotting. There definitely was one big spot and just wiping pink for about 8 hours after, but it finally cleared :) I have to call the hospital to book my prenatal tour. They want it just after 5 weeks, but thats when dh surgery is, so I am going to call to make sure we can go later around 6 months.
This past weekend I had a girls weekend with my mom, aunt and sister. It was tons of fun! We went to a premium outlets abut 4 hours from my home and stayed across in the states for 48hrs. There was a motherhood maternity, so I got a bunch of clothes and a winter coat. I decided on a pea coat so I can wear it everyday or to somewhere nice. It was only $50!

Here is my bump now. It's grown quite a bit in the past two weeks. Definitely 'popped'
Me (Jen): 30
DH: 29

Expecting our first! EDD March 12, 2014

Team GREEN :)

jogiff
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Sarahj86 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Jen that is awesome, you look propper preggo!!!
Sarahj86
Friend

Postby chall » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:34 am

Jen, great picture! Can't wait to get a bump myself.

My appointment yesterday was good. They just took my weight, blood pressure, and got a quick listen to the heartbeat (it was in the 140s she said). Genetic screening tests came back negative, so all is good there. She gave me my script for the anatomy ultrasound, to be done between weeks 18 and 20. Yay! Can't wait to see baby again.
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Sarahj86 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:37 pm

How's the bump coming along carol?
Sarahj86
Friend

Postby chall » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:46 am

Hi Sarah! Somehow I missed that you posted here! My bump is coming along.. I need to take a picture for you ladies. I'll try to soon! How about you, any bump yet?
TTC #1 since Jan 2013

chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Previous

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups