The Babymakers #6

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #6

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:04 am

Hi everyone. Sorry for being mia. Been busy at work and away next week to Irelend on holiday. Been trying to get Eli to walk on his own but it's not happening yet! It's been a difficult couple of weeks after his MMR vaccination - super grumpy! Seems better today though and I'm currently sitting in the hairdresser as I type...so this will be short.

I hope everyone is doing well. Might get a chance to check back later. Sorry no personals. Still thinking of you all though
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:57 am

Oh my gosh ladies! I just got a call for an interview from the wic job I applied for months ago! I'm so nervous and excited!!! I'll do personals tonight just had to share my joy!!!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:27 pm

Yay cara!!!!

I'll also update tomorrow....just happened to peek in......

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:12 am

Hey all!

Bella - hope Charlotte gets back to sleeping well for you soon. It's exhausting enough working and juggling kids/ home life while being pregnant, without having broken sleep too! Charley's been waking about once a night, which she doesn't usually do, think its weather related with her, it's still warm when she goes to bed but the temp drops majorly over night and I think that's what's bugging her. She's also soaking her night nappy, which doesn't actually bother her that much, but might have something to do with the waking. Who knows.

Cara- how exciting! Hopefully it was the drama with the gov over there that caused the delay and you get the job now :)
Sounds like you have a lot of fun and excitement at the moment :)

Rach- hope Eli has settled after needles :( no fun when they are unsettled. He will get the hang of walking on his own soon I'm sure. Just another one of those things that are different for every kid. Charley went from a few wobbly steps holding things to running around on her own in a matter of about 2-3 weeks, where the daughter of a a collegue of mine who is 2 weeks younger then charley, still hasn't managed more then 3 steps before she realizes what she's doing and falls, and she started standing and cruising earlier then charley.
It is great when they walk on their own, but sometimes you wish they wouldn't lol nothing is safe once they get the hang of walking lol

Krissy- hope all is well with you n the family. So glad you like our name choice for our new bub, MIL hates it! So now she's constantly suggesting names and basically spending most of her conversations with DP and myself, trying to name OUR child!! :doh: :roll: 8O :mad: DP is so happy with his name choice, I wish she would just let it be! It's made me nervous to share the name with people.. It took me a little while to get used to the name but I like it now and it ticks all my boxes, it's gender neutral and not common but not too far out there, plus DP chose it... MIL's argument - it's a boys name, what will they call her (like nickname wise), she will always have to spell it out.
Funny thing is - charley is also used as a boys name, they don't use a nickname for charley- they call her charley, charley will have to spell out her name (as does MIL!) :doh: :lol:

Natalie - hope everything is well... Hope your just busy and not sick.. Would be great to hear from you.

Afm - 1 week left at work! Still trying to sort out the financial side of my leave, but trying not to stress about it, that doesn't help anything. Been so tired and busy lately, training my replacement for work, going to my midwife appointments, cleaning the house, setting up the nursery, taking care of charley and I've been doing online continuing education this past week too! Lol. Yes I'm nutty.
Still having trouble with the half dressed girl I was talking about a while back.. She generally wears a little more when she's here, and the weather is more appropriate for what she's wearing, she's not wearing DP's jackets anymore, but she has somehow become such an annoyance to me that the second I hear her name or see her face I get so mad I want to break things!... Which makes DP think I'm nuts and totally unreasonable.. I don't know, maybe I am being a silly grumpy pregnant woman.. But she seriously makes my blood boil! :mad: she knows I don't like her, she won't even speak most if the time if I'm in the room, and usually after a few tense minutes she usually leaves, but inevitably shows up again later on or the next day. She still acts like she owns the place and helps herself to things, lets herself in etc and DP doesn't see a problem with it.. I don't know if it would bother me so much if I wasn't pregnant, I think It probably would, but DP's convinced I'm just being an unreasonable pregnant woman.

Anyway enough ranting

Charley is little miss independent these days! She wants to walk everywhere, try's to put on her own shoes (on the right feet!), try's to buckle herself into the car and high chair, uses a spoon on her own, brushes her own teeth and hair, throws disposable nappies in the bin.
She gives kisses, hugs, babbles lots and has lots if real words too.

I'm sure there's more but I've babbled on long enough I'm sure. Plus I'm tired and hungry so I'll leave it there for now.
Thanks for putting up with my rambling and venting lol
Hope to hear from you all soon

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:33 pm

Yay for the job interview Cara! Go you!

Claire - that girl sounds like an idiot. She would totally annoy me too - I don't think you're being 'crazy pregnant' at all!

Krissy - hope you are good. Would love to read what's been going on for you.

AFM - I'm just on really briefly. Home from our holiday today and I'm knackered. Eli was staying in the hotel room with us which was such a big mistake. I think he was teething yesterday cos he was really difficult in the afternoon and got a lot better after some painkillers. But then he woke up at 245am and was crying on and off until 440am. It was awful. I didn't get hardly any sleep and it was difficult being in a hotel worrying about him waking other people. When he did eventually get to sleep I was so nervous about him waking up I couldn't sleep! So I'm going to bed super-early tonight. I don't know what was wrong - maybe being in a different place - he wouldn't usually wake up at night screaming and then not be able to go back to sleep. I guess tonight will tell...

Bella and Natalie - hope you guys are good. Sorry I've not been around much recently...

Right, I need to sleep now...Hope you ladies are all good. Hopefully catch up soon
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby BellaM » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Cara - how did your interview go?

Claire - your last week at work this week. So jealous :lol2:

Rachel - sorry to hear you had a hard time with Eli while you were away!! I hope he's sleeping ok now and you were able to get an early night.

AFM - well my baby girl is 1!! :balloons: I will try uploading some pics from her party later. I'm still slowly trying to get the house back in order from the weekend. Its hard when you're tired though. DH went back to work today but thankfully its only for 3 nights.
We finalised house plans, colours, electrical plan and the placement of the house on our block last week. I have to go in and sign off on the elevation plan then the plans are off to council for approval. :praying: that council process them quickly so we can start the build before christmas!!!
I have my 20wk scan on Friday. I can't believe I'm almost halfway through!! I think first names are decided. Although I think DH is still trying to warm up to our boy choice so it may well change. I'm feeling plenty of kicks which feels awesome :D I'm thinking it is probably a boy :) Only 17-20wks to go till we find out!
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:47 am

Ok where is everyone ??!???

So quiet here!

Joss is due in about 2 weeks! Lets get this thread active again ladies!!

I've finished up at work as of about 2 hrs ago :)
Think I chose a good time to stop work this time round. Started the week feeling like I could stay for longer but by last night I was totally exhausted, and got into work late today and am totally exhausted again now.

Just need to put the final touches on joss' bedroom. All the main things are done, and bought. Just rearranging and putting bedding on the cot left to do :) then just impatiently wait. Lol

Can't say I'm looking forward to the labor part, but I can't wait to meet my second babe :)
Still undecided on if I want drugs this time round. Epidural looks like a wonderful pain free option but there was something so satisfying about delivering charley without any drugs.
Just going into it with a wait n see aproach. Joss is head down but posterior, so hoping she spins around or this labor may be a lot harder n more complicated then Charley's.

Bella- hope Charlotte had a great birthday and your doing well with ur pregnancy.

Natalie - hope ur ok, would love to hear from you

All our other mummas - hope u n the kiddos are well! Update soon! Miss you all!!

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:07 pm

We had our scan yesterday and caved to temptation. We found out we are expecting another little girl :D :babyg:
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby kiwifaire » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:42 pm

I just noticed that there was a new thread!! I kept checking in on the old one and didn't see anything new...wow... ha.

I have been really busy and not too sick. I am mostly tired. My belly is getting decently big for my 18 weeks. I have an ultrasound on Tuesday. Sorry for not keeping up!
kiwifaire
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby h0ping » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:28 am

I'm here, I'm here!!! Sorry I didn't send the link for the new thread!!! Will make sure to do that next time........ :oops:

Sorry ladies just been busy.......but no excuse! :oops:

BELLA: YAY!!!!!!!! :babyg: :babyg: :babyg: :babyg: :babyg: :babyg: :happyforyou: congrats on the baby girl!!! Names??? Happy birthday Charlotte......( :oops: again........sorry!) :balloons:

Natalie: Glad to hear from you!!! Are you going to find out if your having a girl or boy??? How are the girls doing?

Claire: Its almost BABY time!!!!!! YAY!!!! Are you nervous / excited????

Rachel: How are you? Hope Eli is sleeping better for you! Kyle has done that before....usually seems to be teething.

Cara: Update? Interview?? On and I have no idea how I missed Archer's birthday photo shoot but its wonderful!!! He is such a handsome little guy!!! Happy (early) birthday Archer!!!!!!!!!!! :balloons:

I'm really just on quickly - I can hear Kyle stirring around and talking in his bed!! I will try to be more talkative next week. I have lots to share and new pics to post!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:06 am

Hmm for some reason I'm still not getting alerts!

Bella- yay! Another girl for your family :) and for our group lol

So good to hear from you ladies :) it took me a while to find this thread too lol

I'm so ready to have this baby! When I think about the labor part I'm not so keen but my back is getting really sore and it's uncomfortable when joss is moving a lot. Also nervous about how DP will handle everything. He's still struggling with his PND but we are FINALLY at the point where he's ready to see a professional for help.

This morning I frightend charley accidentally with the new baby monitor. Lol.
This one has intercom so you can talk to bub from the other room. I told charley it was ok and I was on the way and she was confused and terrified by the monitor talking to her. Poor bubba. She flattened herself into the matress and froze. As soon as I got there she started crying hysterically, snuggled into me and kept looking up at the monitor like it was evil then snuggling back into me. It was sad but so cute n a little funny lol. All day she's been giving it dirty looks. Had to get DP to hold her upto it and show her it wasn't going to hurt her, before she'd settle for bed tonight. Lol poor kid. She's ok now and in bed asleep.

Gtg time to feed pets n get some rest... But I'm determined to clean the toilet first lol
I cleaned the bathroom today, scrubbed it from top to bottom, and now the toilet looks horrid lol

Anyway I had better go, so I'm not up all night nesting/ cleaning lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kiwifaire » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:25 pm

It's a girl! Baby is transverse with a low lying placenta. Joy!
kiwifaire
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BellaM » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:20 pm

Krissy - thanks :) Its still sinking in. We've decided to call her Sophie. We don't have middle names picked out yet though so feel free to throw some at me if you want.

Claire - thanks :) Little Joss could arrive any day now. How exciting!! Sorry but :rofl: at poor Charley. Thats so cute!! Glad she settled and went to bed after that scare.

Natalie - congrats on another girl :D Makes 3 new girls for our group now!

AFM - not a lot happening really. DH felt bubby kick for the first time the other night. She usually would stop as soon as he put his hand there but that night she kicked even harder :lol2: We're keeping her gender a secret from everyone so even though we caved it will still be a surprise to everyone else. So I just call her bub or it so that I don't slip up. I thought DH would've told his whole family by now but he hasn't yet so hopefully it stays that way.
Charlotte had her needles the other day. So glad thats over.
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:00 am

Bella- it's ok it was rather a :rofl: moment lol
If she hadn't been so terrified I would have literally been rolling on the floor laughing. And the looks she gave it all day! Hahahaha she was so unimpressed lol
Love Sophie for a name, DP wanted Sophia for a while but I have a niece named Sophie and decided it was too similar.

Can't believe our group has 3 out of 3 girls this time round! How exciting! :)

Anyway ladies just popped in quickly because my email alerts are finally working lol time for this mumma to curl up in bed

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Will be stalking for your birth announcement Claire. I can't believe you are not far off 39wks! 8O

I'm so clucky over little babies at the moment. I'm so excited to meet our new princess. I got DS3 to say Sophie today and omg he sounds sooooooo cute. It just melts your heart :hb:
Its been a pretty stressful few days here. We have had storms every day for the last 4 days, sometimes up to 3 a day. Now I LOVE storms but one of our dogs doesn't and plays up BIG TIME. Consequently I now hate storms :lol3: DH is actually on his way home now to give me a break because as stupid as this sounds it was breaking me down. To the point where I looked up what animal shelter to take him to to find him a new home. I sound like a horrible heartless person I know :(
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups