The Babymakers #6

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #6

Postby Clairebear » Thu May 08, 2014 8:10 am

Hi everyone :-)

Sorry I've been a bad buddy :-( feel like I haven't been on here in forever, so glad to see your all still around!
I've been really busy trying to get my business off the ground, and I'm still really tired a lot of the time as I'm still up 2-3 times each night with joss feeding. Then add keeping charley entertained, and trying to keep on top of cooking/cleaning and taking care of the pets and it seems like it never ends lol
I love it but I will be so happy when I can just have a night of unbroken sleep :-)
DP can't do night feeds as Joss always decides its play time when she sees him lol ... Sigh.. But we've started purée food and she's about to move to stage 2 formula so here's hoping that combination keeps her fuller for longer. We did try to start purée a while ago but even though she was interested she wasn't ready yet. She's taking to it better now. she prefers if DP feeds her the purée which is funny cos she won't take a bottle from him, she just plays with it and laughs at him. Little miss personality!
Charley has worked out how to get onto her draws, from the cot.. She's in a cot/ toddler bed with draws/ change table attached at one end, it's a beautiful functional bed but she's worked out she can use the change table/drawer top as a platform and regularly pulls herself up there now..eek!
She's had 1 fall already, I walked in as she was pulling herself up over the edge of the cot and when she saw me she got excited and let go, and fell over the edge! I got to her in time to grab her by her clothes and slow her fall but she still got hurt and scared.. Not that it's deterred her. Lol she's a little tough clever cookie! We will be taking the side off the cot very soon I'm sure. I've also had to start dressing her in 2 pairs of pjs and 2 nappies of a night time, otherwise she undresses herself completely! She pulls all the bedding off as well and then pees on the mattress :doh: but so far doubling up on pjs (onesie with singles over) and nappies ( cloth with a disposable on backwards over it) seems to be doing the trick! She's generally ok at nap times but today she pulled her clothes off and managed to pee on the power board that's under the cot, and short circuited it which blew the fuse for the power to half the house lol! DP was not impressed but I thought it was pretty funny.

Anyway sorry it's 1 am here and I think I've rambled enough. I've just feed joss and its sleep time for me :-)

Promise ill pop back again soon

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu May 08, 2014 11:21 am

Lol - your post really made me laugh Claire! Short-circuiting the house electrics by peeing - so funny. Hopefully DP will see the funny side soon :doh:

I'm having a really strange week. Nothing to do with childcare though - to do with my job. I'm seriously considering applying for a job closer to home but have really mixed feelings about it it. I just wish it was easy and straightforward! The problem is that I like the job i'm in but it would be better to work closer to home especially in a few years for school drop-offs etc. There are 2 jobs I could apply for - one quite good and the other not so good (but with the option to move to another local job at a later date if I really don't like it). Feel like I should apply for both because it'll be the same interview for each, but then the thought of going to a job I like less than what I'm doing makes me anxious. Not sure why I'm droning on about this but maybe just feels good to get it out there! Thanks for listening anyway - I'll be boring DH with the dilemma when he gets home from work! What's the business you're setting up Claire? You sound so busy - but that story made me laugh :D
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Sun May 11, 2014 7:44 am

The business I'm trying to get going is part of a direct sales company selling cruelty free naturally based cosmetics. It's called Younique and its basically one of those pyramid scheme things but its literally just launched in Australia, and has been operating in USA and Canada for less than 2 years before now. They are also about to open up to the New Zealand market and I think the UK is being added in the future too.
I had to pay to start up but it cost under $150 inc postage and I got a kit with over $400 worth of products for testers, my sales web page, product credit and support. Basically all I have to do is advertise it online, host virtual parties, and I earn commissions. Of course there's the opportunity to earn more by recruiting other presenters and by hosting at home parties.
Anyway I'm feeling salesy now so ill stop lol I'm not off to a great start but its only been less than 2 weeks that orders have been open so I'm trying not to get disheartened. Unfortunately though its taking up a lot of my Internet time, so I've been really bad at checking in here lol it's after midnight here now though so not an ideal time to place ads :-)

As for your job dilemma, I can totally understand. I LOVE my job, and I'm so lucky to have that, but my issue is the pay is shocking- esp considering I'm fully qualified for my job.. There's kids straight out of school earning more than I do.. It's not my employers fault, the industry I chose has pathetic award rates, it's something you do for love not money. Fact is, at some stage, if I want to get some money saved, for the girls or a house deposit etc, I'm going to have to find something that pays decently, at least for a little while. I'm thinking 2-5 years in a different job would be survivable (I hope!) and allow us to get some savings.. But it's a very daunting prospect when you have. Job you love already.. I'm not in any great hurry to switch jobs but its in the 5yr plan at the moment..
Anyway I'm rambling again.

Happy Mother's Day to all who have Mother's Day today/tomorrow. Lol. I'm going to call it a night.
We had a pretty uneventful day, we are broke so no gifts and I have to get up with joss early in the mornings so no real sleep in or breakfast in bed lol I did get a coffee in bed though :-) lol

Ok I'll pop back again soon. Night all

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Mon May 12, 2014 12:39 pm

Happy late mothers day ladies!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Claire - nice to hear from you! How is DP feeling? I had a (much needed!) laugh the other day about Charley peeing lol! I would love to see an updated pic of the girls! Its been awhile! I hope your business takes off and you are able to do well with it.

Rachel - nice to hear from you also - i have been thinking about you and Eli often! I can't offer much about the job situation....I guess - if it was me I would also apply for both and then go from there....but I also get the same anxious feelings so again I'm no help lol!!! I hope everything is going well otherwise and Eli is doing well! I am curious about how things are / what happened with the in laws... :oops: not to be a creeper lol! Eli sounds like he is growing and doing well (it made me smile to read about him asking for more bacon....) Frankie and Kyle are both doing well - thank you! Frankie has started baseball and is really enjoying it (as usual!!) and Kyle still likes to watch :D Frankie really is a great big brother, for the struggles I have with him he's a wonderful boy.

Natalie - how are you and the girls doing..........I hope everyone is over the stomach flu!

Bella - wondering how you and Sophie and the rest of the clan are doing? I hope adjusting well!

Cara......thinking of you and Archer and baby bean!

Well AFM....things are busy and crazy as always but I enjoy it!!! Kyle is growing and doing more and more every day! He is getting (I think) the "2 year molars" ??? I'm not sure but I don't think that is helping his behavior --- not that it is THAT bad.....but it really doesn't help lol!

I hope everyone is well!!!!!!!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat May 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Hey Krissie - don't worry about asking about my inlaws - I'm happy to tell all lol! I can't remember what I last said but we met them at the beginning of March (I think). They basically were accusing me (and pretty much only me) of being "unbelievable cruel". MIL kept repeating this over and over even after I told her that I didn't take back anything I'd said. She kept saying I needed to apologise to her and I kept telling her she wouldn't be getting an apology! FIL was fuming :mad: :mad: I've never seen him so angry. He kept asking me why I was doing 'what I'm doing' - and denied that they've ever done anything wrong. They kept saying that their only problem is that they don't get to see their grandson and that we've (really just I've) behaved terribly. DH kept telling them that they're the problem but they basically just lie and deny everything, so it was clear early on that we weren't going to get anywhere. At one point MIL started talking about a programme she'd seen on TV where they were going to "make it law" that grandparents get to see their grandchildren, to which I said: " well take us to court if that's what you want to do." They ended up storming off like children saying that I'd planned this all along (after trying to get DH to see them on his own, without me - he refused). Ugh, they were just awful and acted like children the whole time, denying they've ever done anything wrong, basically saying that we're to blame for everything. "Other families don't have these problems" was a quote from MIL. Arghh! So we haven't heard from them since and I can't see that situation changing. It was really obvious that they're blaming everything on me and everything is all about MIL as usual. Whatever. Can't say I'm disappointed that I don't have to put up with their nonsense any more. But what idiots at the same time. :doh:

Well that's a short version of what went down that day - hope it was entertaining! How are you doing?
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Mon May 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Hey everyone :-)
Was just checking in, now I'm wondering where everyone is??

I've gotta go now, both Girls are winging but ill try and pop back soon

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon May 26, 2014 11:28 pm

Hey Claire,
I'm here! Job interview in less than 2 hours though so I'm away now. Eek - so nervous!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed May 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Where is everyone????
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Fri May 30, 2014 6:43 am

I'm here!!!!! Been meaning to check in.......

Rachel want to hear about the job interview!!!!!!

Hope everyone is ok!

Kyle has been sick - even had a short hospital stay :( and we are crazy busy at work.......I'll try to give a better update soon!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri May 30, 2014 7:21 am

Oh no! Hope Kyle is ok now!! Always scary when bubs get sick.. Hope u r ok too!

And yes Rachel how'd the interview go??

Just checking in quick before bed. I'm exhausted. Promise ill b back within 24 hrs this time though lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat May 31, 2014 2:33 pm

Oh no, Krissie, how's Kyle? I hope he's okay now...

I got the job!!! Interview wasn't the best - 8 on the panel and I was really nervous. But I got the job I wanted. Still to hand in notice to my current job but probably start the new one in 3 months. Yay!

Had a falling out with one of my colleagues yesterday - will fill you in when I next post.

Looking forward to your next post as promised Claire ;)

I'm off to bed now as knackered.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:56 am

Hi girls!!! I have so been a bad friend but honestly I haven't seen any recent updates and thought we just kind of died out. I was sad when I read some of the updates because I haven't been there to comment.
Congrats on the job!!! Yay! I've read all the posts but I have forgotten. Any updates ladies?

How are all the babies? Pictures?

We're doing good. I'm huge and miserable lol. Ill be 27 weeks on Friday and am as big as I was the week before Archer was born. Baby kicks and moves like crazy, I'm still feeling girl but will be happy with either. Still no boys name but girl will be Aspen Claire. Archer is doing great. He's not his clingy Whiney self anymore, I think he's finally growing up to be a big boy :) At his 18 month appointment he was 25 lbs and 32 inches tall. He's such a sweetie. I'll attach a few pictures. They expect this baby to come anytime in August. I've got my maternity pictures scheduled for the last week in Juy and then I've hired the same lady to do the birth. I'm so excited to meet this baby :) I'm sure the first few months will be challenging with Archer and his jealousy but I know he's going to be a great big brother.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carak21 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:21 am

Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Hey Cara! Lovely to hear from you!! Thanks for the photos - I can't believe what a big boy Archer is now :) And you're looking great too. Wow, still a few more weeks to go - hope you hang in there physically. I don't envy you - I had to go see a physiotherapist this week as I've had quite bad hip pain for a month. Turns out it's my sacroiliac joint which I had problems with during pregnancy (never before). One of them was totally stuck and not moving when she examined me - eek! And now I've been in quite a lot of pain the rest of this week. So for me I'm still very much thinking that there won't be any brothers or sisters for Eli! I bet Archer will be a great big brother though.

I really hope we can get some chatter going here again. I miss it! Life has been so busy here - moving house and then a job interview and another house move later this year. Feels like I don't have time for much any more. Still living with my parents which has it's moments but it's good to be able to go out a bit more and see friends. We'll make the most of it while we can! Oh, and I almost forgot - we went to Amsterdam a few weeks ago just DH and I - it was bliss :) And Eli was fine - didn't ask for me once - result!! We were away for 3 nights which is the first time I've been away from him. It was good but I was ready to see him when we came home. So many work colleagues looked jealous when I said we were having a few days away without the toddler lol!

Otherwise the inlaws are still being total idiots - no contact from them since March. Doubt there will be any either and that suits me just fine.

How is everyone else? I'd love to hear some updates.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Rachel - Cara great to hear from you!!!

Cara I love all the pics! Wow Archer is so handsome and really growing up! Such a big boy!!! Kyle was 19 pounds 12 ounces and 30 inches about a month ago - I'll get another updated weight next week :D he's growing up yet still my peanut! Any thoughts on the new baby - boy or girl?? I'm excited to see the newest addition to the babymakers!! Have you thought of names?

Rachel - congrats on the job!!!!!!!!!!! The vacation sounds great - glad you and DH had a good time! Glad you haven't heard from the inlaws (oh...was that mean???!?!?!?!) I can't believe they acted like that when you talked in March! But honestly at the same time it does not surprise me!!! but please fill us in on the co worker!!!

Claire........I think its been more than 24 hours lol!!!! Hope you are well!!!

Bella, Natalie hope you and the new babymaker girls are doing great! Missing you and hope to hear from you soon

AFM: Kyle is ok thank you! He had pneumonia - it was caught early and all was ok but I missed almost a week of work and I am scared to think if I would have waited to bring him to the doctor! Otherwise we are busy as always! Work is crazy - home is crazy - we have baseball which now is almost over already - I hate that the season is so short but so busy I would rather have a longer season and easier schedule! Frankie is now a 6th grader!!! (middle school!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :o 8O I just can't believe it!! And Kyle is just being Kyle - talking so much now and just learning and growing!!

Hope everyone is well and I hope we can see some more chatter!!!!!! Maybe we need to exchange emails or something........................

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups