The Babymakers #6

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #6

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:09 pm

Hey Krissie! Lovely to hear from you too.
I can't believe Kyle is talking so much. I'm starting to get frustrated that Eli doesn't say much. I know he can say some things, but he chooses not to! He makes loads of sounds and very occasionally has said a few words together but then never repeats them again - so you end up doing a double take like "did you just hear what I did?" I'm probably worrying too much but I just wish he'd say something. He doesn't even say mama very much but has started saying daddy. Hmm. Anyway, I'm glad Kyle is feeling better. Poor boy having to put up with pneumonia. My heart skips a beat now when I hear about sick children or anything bad happening to children - which it never used to. Having Eli has definitely changed me :) I guess I can kind of imagine how you must've felt when Kyle was ill... But glad he's good now and Frankie is in middle-school - eek! It goes so fast...

Well my new co-worker is just full of himself and likes to put other people down, is my assessment of him so far. I've only met him on 3 occasions but he's annoyed me each time so we'll have to see how the job goes lol! Any new updates about the calls from your mom? It's not cruel at all to say life is better without my inlaws - BECAUSE IT IS!!! Ahh, but then I'm just "cruel" according to MIL - whatever.

Well, I'm off to bed soon. I hope you ladies are all good. Swapping emails sounds like a good idea to me - it'd be such a shame if we lost touch. Talk soon
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:14 am

Rachel - I agree - would have to lose touch....we've been together a long time! thankfully NO calls from my mother (and according to her and many other family members I am cruel also....so we can be together!!! lol) Aw Eli will start talking soon! Frankie was not a big talker when he was young and I joke that he now has to make up for it lol......since he never stops talking! Kyle is very different when it comes to that - he has picked up words fast and will repeat words / names easily.
Sorry about your co - worker! Will you have to deal with him much?? I hope not!!!

I am going to send a note (message?) to you ladies with my email.........let me know if you get it!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:59 am

Happy Friday ladies!! Rachel-I can not stand a man like that. One that has to put other people down to feel better about themselves, ugh. Glad to hear the in laws have finally learned to let by gones be by gones. My MIL has really started pissing me off as well. Only calls when she wants or needs something, so I've stopped calling. Hasn't asked about Archer, Taylor, or the new baby in months. Fine with me. I won't be contacting her when this one is born either. I'm sick of trying. Don't worry about Eli talking, boys especially talk later. Archer doesn't say much, he just got in the repeating me stage. I'm not concerned though, he will talk in due time and then I'll be wanting him to hush. Haha

Krissy-glad you responded so quickly. I've missed you ladies. Glad to hear Kyle is doing so well. When is his actual birthday? I know it's September, but can't remember the day. Sorry to hear he had pneumonia. Ugh sounds horrible. Glad he is better though, and using new words. How exciting. I said earlier Archer just is now getting in the repeating stage. He's so smart though and does everything I ask and then some. He sure is a booger though and has a wild personality. The last few weeks we have been working on body parts and animal sounds. He's doing so good. I really have no idea what I'm having. I would love a baby girl, but when I feel like it's a baby girl I push that thought out of my head so I don't feel disappointed(which I wouldn't) if it happens to e another boy. I just want a healthy baby. I don't care, boy or girl. I did have a dream it was a baby girl, a very large (9 lb 7 oz) baby girl lol with dark curly hair. We shall see. Only 2 more months to go, and I just know it is going to fly by. Were building another room and haven't started yet, ahh. That and a car seat are the only things I need. The car seat we will purchase while I'm in the hospital so I can get something gender specific. Other than that, a busy summer to come. I'm teaching summer school, since I'll be out the first two months of the school year, so that should make things fly by. I've been having Braxton hicks like crazy this pregnancy, and just the other day the baby got hiccups for the first time. I missed that :D.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:45 am

Hi cara!!!!! Glad to see you back!! I missed you (and everyone!) too!

Archer sounds like such fun!! I just love the toddler age!

How are you feeling pregnancy wise? I miss baby kicks and hiccups too! Both my boys had hiccups at least 1xday every day it was crazy sometimes!!

Kyle's birthday is September 3rd I was due the 22nd or 23rd though - he was a little early but not bad

I'm sorry I don't have a lot of time to comment but just wanted to stop in and say hi!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby kiwifaire » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am glad to hear we're all still checking in every once in awhile. My little ducklings have had a hell of a spring. Vienna (DD1) seems to have come through the most unscathed. She had Stomach Flu and then a cold but took both like a champ. Berlin (DD2) had the stomach flu, then some more sporadic vomiting, then pretty bad constipation, then a cold that turned into an ear infection. The picture of her is whens he fell asleep in the stroller from the doctor's office to the car which is like a 2 minutes stroll. You know my kid is sick when they fall asleep outside of their bed. London (DD3) has been such an amazing babe. She got the same gastly cold and had a horrific cough. Everyone seems healthy now. This is the first time in about 7 weeks. Unbelievable.

kiwifaire
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:31 pm

Hey ladies. I didn't get an update to say anyone had posted :(

Glad to have things to read though!

Kiwi - what a shame for your poor girls. I hope they're all okay now. Horrible when anyone is sick never mind 3 in a row :doh: Hope you're surviving.

Cara - lovely to have an update about Archer. Wow, I can't believe you only have 2 months to go! Eek! Your MIL sounds like a selfish pain in the ass. I think people's true colours come out when there are grandchildren around. Hoping I don't have any contact from my inlaws for a LONG time. No doubt there'll be something for Eli's birthday in September.

Krissie - how are you and the boys? Sorry but I don't have much to say tonight. Knackered from work and then making dinner for everyone / lunch for tomorrow etc. Sitting down now but up so early I never make it very late during the week. Oh and poor Eli - he's really been teething the last 2 days. The worst we've had so I think maybe his molars are coming in? I can't see any space for where teeth are still to come but he must be getting some. Poor boy is knackered by bed time but thankfully not up during the night. How's Kyle with the sleeping these days?

Signing off for this evening. Keep the updates coming!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:30 am

Hi ladies!!!!!!

Glad to see some of us checking in :D

Natalie so sorry to hear of the girls being sick!!! :( I hope everyone is doing better now. I love the pics (poor Berlin!!!!) And Vienna and London are beautiful! How are you feeling????

Rachel I am still not getting updates either I don't like it - I try to check atleast once a week then time seems to get away from me......the emails were nice reminders!!! The boys and I are great thank you!! How are you and Eli doing? I hope his teeth come in soon! Kyle is hit or miss with sleeping - thankfully the last few nights he is sleeping through but for awhile he was waking up and would want to be held / rocked --- I have a hard time because I want to sleep yet I know I need to cherish those times with him!!!

Cara hope you and Archer and baby bean are all doing well! I can't believe how close you are getting........I may have to stalk over to your birth board :D hope you check in soon!

Claire hope you and the girls are doing well! We miss you!!!!!!

Sorry ladies I don't have time to say more - I will try to check back in before another week goes past as I have much to fill you in on!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:28 pm

Feeling sad that our group is fizzling out... :(

I hope you ladies are all good.

Happy to swap emails if anyone else is up for that.

For those who haven't posted for a while - I hope things are okay with you. I know life can be extremely busy. Just thinking of you really...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:54 am

Rachel I am sad too :( I'm here though!!!
How is everyone???
Here work is crazy and so is home! Frankie's birthday party is tomorrow - he will be 12............12 8O next week!!!
Kyle is talking more every day and weighed in at 20 pounds 3 ounces 3 weeks ago...my little peanut!
I hope to see some of the others check in soon and maybe we can swap more emails????

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:04 am

Hey Krissie!

Aww, the thought of Kyle talking is so cute - Eli is still only making sounds - I'm still waiting lol! And wow about Frankie's birthday - I bet it's true what they say - time just goes so fast.

We are good here except Eli has been teething again today with his molars coming in - and he has been really difficult - tantrums non-stop and really clingy with me. Poor boy, hopefully he'll be better over the weekend when DH is at home (I've been off work this week on holiday).

Just on quickly as a million and one other things to do!

Hope to hear from some other people soon
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby kiwifaire » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 pm

I just never get notifications from this site anymore! I usually use the internet on my phone so to get to this site on it is a huge pain! We're all well here. DH had a week of staycation. The weather has been gorgeous and we've all been spending loads of time outdoors. Thank you all for the compliments on the girls. Berlin had 5 weeks of speech therapy. It has done her wonders. She really wasn't saying much of anything. She was the queen of grunts and non verbal communication. The therapist has gotten us to get her back to babbling and attempting sounds. She has also helped us get down and play in a language productive way. Between working with DH, having the three kids and trying to keep house and our social lives I am exhausted most of the time. I hope you are all doing well! We dealt/dealing with sleep regression in Berlin as well as a renewed separation anxiety. She has started having a zillion irrational fears. Some of the funny ones are penquins at the zoo, dogs and cats even though we have cats, ants, loud sounds like the lawn mower or blender.
kiwifaire
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Clairebear » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:00 am

Hello ladies!! :-)

Sorry it's been so long! Seems my idea of 24 hrs is more like a month or two... Whoops :-(
I think of you ladies and your babies often, it's just im usually driving or doing washing or something when I think about popping in to catch up, and then by the time my hands are free I'm busy doing or thinking about something else and I never seem to actually get online to check in :-(

I am SO GLAD to see that at least most of you still check in periodically.. Was worried I had lost you all!

Anyway I'm here now so ill try for a quick update for you all, but so much is going on at the moment..

Umm I can't even remember what my girls were upto last time I posted..

Charley is 3 weeks away from turning 2!! That's insane!! She chats a fair bit and has a few short sentences that she's mastered, and she's a great mimic.. She calls Joss either "issy", "Jo" or "Oss/Ossy" very cute..oh and as of a few days ago she will also call Joss "bay-bee" in an almost French accent - NO IDEA where she could get a Frenchy accent, but it's adorable!
She's had a cold and is also getting her 2yr molars through. Poor kid!

Joss can sit unassisted, and rolls on to her tummy well, but she hasn't completely worked out the belly to back rolling, or crawling yet.. So the poor thing gets so frustrated, especially when she rolls at night/naps, cos then she can't get back to her back sleeping position :-(
I've tried everything I can think of to stop her being able to roll on to her tummy at night, but nothing works, she's such a worm! She is past due for her 6 mo vax, silly girl was coughing /sneezing & really congested when I took her to have it done, so they put it off for a week or two shed just gotten better when I brought home another strain of cold/flu.. So the girls n I are both fighting /suffering under the frikin weather .. .Joss' silly teeth have been teasing her, but none have actually erupted yet. She's starting to favor finger foods n self feeding already.. And can say Dada/Dad and mum mum mum.. And dp taught her to drop a strong hard headbut, to the point it hurts ME, such a rough kid. Lol.

Think Charley's finally worked out that joss is a person, not just a toy lol , she's a bit more gentle with her now and talks to her alot.

I went back to work from mat leave from July 1,'and by July 8 I'd been sacked! Big complicated story, getting legal advice to fight, will fill you lovleys in another day, just realized the time and I still need sleep before starting the legal calling ..

Ill be back as soon as I can but this leagl stuff will tie me up a while id say... But ill check in lol and try to keep you up to date

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby MASHINKA » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:00 pm

Hello Ladies, just popping in to say hello. Just wanted to congratulate all of you on your babies and some of you on your second babies! Yay! I am currently 5 weeks preggo. Not getting excited at all. Just taking it day by day. =)
MASHINKA
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:47 am

Hey ladies.. Hope u check in again soon..

Nice to see u popped in over here again too Masha :-)

... Ladies, I'm thinking it may be time to leave DP...
The relationship feels dead, I'm tired of all the crap, the lack if help I get from him and the lack of intimacy and respect he shows me... He's had years of time to make things right, but it only ever changes for a day, a week at best... I love him, and don't want to hurt him.. But neither of us is happy now, and I can't let his actions & inactions cause any more pain to me or risk to the girls...
There's a wonderful mature man, single father, who I've known half my life, who just professed his love for me... Out of the blue, the other day.. He could see how unhappy I have become and said he doesn't want to see me like that.. He's sweet, he cooks, cleans, no drug/alcohol problems, no illegal activities at all, knows my heart and just wants me to be happy.. Whether that be with him or with nick or someone else...
Needless to say, I'm very tempted.. And for the record, lol yes I did have feelings for this friend in the past, and we fooled around years ago before nick n I got together..

I don't know what to do...

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:54 am

Hey Claire,
I'm so sorry to hear about your job and especially about how things are at home. It's a big decision to make but I always believe in trusting your gut instinct, going with your heart. I think it's a bad idea to stay with someone out of pity or a sense of duty when you're not happy. I guess you have to do what's right for you and the girls. How do you feel about this other guy? Would you be thinking of leaving if he wasn't there? Do you want to put up with having someone who doesn't pull their weight? You only live once so I'd definitely say do what makes you happy and hopefully that's the same thing that makes sense too. Ugh, I feel for you. Not easy at all...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups