The Babymakers #6

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #6

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:18 am

Hi everyone,
Wow - 2 more girls - that's fantastic news!

Can't believe how close you are Claire to having baby number 2 - time goes by so fast. That was such a cute story about Charley and the baby monitor lol!

Cara and Krissy - hope you're both good. How are Archer and Kyle getting on?

Eli walked this week - yay! He's just learning to get his balance but it's so cute. We've had a busy few weeks. Eli was ill with tonsillitis 2 weeks ago - it was pretty scary but he's better now. I'm having a problem now with breastfeeding - I think my supply is low but I'm also not sure if he's starting to go off having any milk. I only feed at night but some nights he has refused and other nights it takes loads of encouragement for him to take anything. I'm taking all sorts of supplements to try to increase my supply but I think we're almost done if I'm honest. Work is just so busy when I'm there and it's hard to pump when I get home because I'm tired and there's so much else to do like make dinner and sort out lunches etc. for the next day. If you ladies have any advice I'd happily listen...

Ugh, I don't feel too well today, think I might be coming down with something...I hope everyone else is well - I'm gonna have a lie down while he's napping now I think
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:15 am

Hi ladies,

Sorry been a busy week - I kept meaning to stop in......Wednesday I went Christmas shopping with my MIL (we go every year :D ) then Thursday Kyle ended up sick :( and yesterday (Friday) I was so busy at work trying to catch up!!!

Ahhh and Kyle's up.....

Ok quick - yay Natalie another girl!!! Wow 3 girls in our group!!

Claire waiting for baby news!!!!!!!!

Rachel - I'll be back!!!

I'll be back soon.............as soon as I can

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:41 am

Hi again ladies.....

Rachel: Yay for Eli walking!!! Glad he is feeling better - thats kinda scary! You are just breastfeeding 1xday? Have you tried oatmeal - lots and lots of water - gatorade, etc? Those things can help supply.....in addition to supplements. I have lost supply also (noticeable of course because I only pump) I think as the babies get older that is natural but still......

Cara: How are you???? Know you're busy but we miss you! Wondering how Halloween and Archer's birthday went?? You had a lot going on the last few weeks I know!

Bella: I am excited for another girl for you :D I love the name - how sweet having DS3 say it!!!! Sorry you're having such a hard time with the dogs - you are not a heartless person - a heartless person would not care and would just drop the dog off some where (or worse :( :( :( ) Is DH excited for another girl????

Claire: I don't get emails either !!! I always mean to say that.........and I always forget!!! I am excited to see Joss!!! How are you feeling??? How is DH?

Natalie: How are you feeling? Another girl - so exciting!!! Any thoughts on names yet?

AFM: Crazy, crazy crazy!!! LOL as I mentioned yesterday Kyle was sick Thursday - we were getting ready to leave in the morning and he throws up ALL OVER.....(and just picked at his breakfast - and this kid LOVES to eat so I knew something was up...) so I keep him home - at 9:30am ish I lay him down (usually lays down for nap 11:30-12pm) he sleeps maybe an hour and a half and up.....then wouldn't nap later :( and threw up again in the after noon - wouldn't really eat lunch or snacks or anything.....dinner - ate well !!! YAY! So Friday I take him to daycare - he ate in the morning as usual and seemed good.....(and I was soooo busy at work!!!) so I get a call at 3:15pm "Kyle threw up please come get him.." (I was trying to be sneaky and get 2 quick errands done after work since I get done at 3pm on Fridays) so I go get him - they say he ate breakfast well did not seem overly tired - but hardly ate lunch (again NOT like him) napped well at the usual time....then sit down to snack and he throws up all over.....(lol poor kids.....) Friday night hardly eats dinner......yesterday doesn't really want breakfast then throws up.....he was pretty snuggly and you could tell he just didn't feel well - he napped like 3.5 hours (8:45am ish - 12:15pm ish.....) ate a little for lunch then pretty good for dinner....not sure whats going on but its weird! No fever or anything else though....

So other than that!!! Ummmmm.....trying to remember - did I update that Kyle was almost 19 pounds on 11/08/13? He's walking much better now - its so weird to see him walking through the house lol!! And learning so much!! He knows a few signs and that if he wants a drink he needs to sit down .....lol....that one is cute - he'll walk out to the kitchen, sit down, point to his cup (like yesterday it was sitting on the stove) and look at me and sign "milk" ...so funny....

Wanted to ask - where is everyone at - walking? Teeth? words?

Well Kyle has been talking to himself for a few minutes now - so I'm off for now.....will try to update some pics next week if I have chance at work!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:16 am

Hey Krissy - that's great about Kyle's weight! It must seem really strange seeing him walking around the house. Eli is still holding on to the walls etc. but can manage about 6 steps or so on his own. Sorry to hear he hasn't been well - it's horrible when they're sick, right? Thanks for the tips for milk supply - I'm doing what I can but I'm not sure it's going to last much longer...

Ugh, life is very busy at the moment. Hardly time to do anything - just on quickly while Eli is napping cos this is my day off - but otherwise I'm spending the day getting everything organised for the rest of the week - dinners, lunches, housework etc. Speaking of which, I'm off to sort out the dinner for tomorrow and the night after - crockpot is getting used LOTS lol!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:29 am

We need some chatter ladies!!!

Rachel: How is Eli doing walking?? I still get a lot of looks when out with Kyle since he is small but now walks!!! I have always had a lot of people ask how old he is but when he started walking people would make comments all the time! how is breastfeeding going??? My life is busy busy go go also! Frankie is now in basketball - 4 DAYS A WEEK!!!!!!! All week days of course :doh: a little break this past week - only 3 days and next week only 2 days due to Thanksgiving.

Claire: any baby news????? How are you feeling? Charley? Hope all is going well - I think of you every day!

Cara: How is Archer?? Any news on the WIC job yet??

Natalie: How are you feeling??? How are the girls?

Bella: How are you? Charlotte and the boys??

I hope everyone is doing well! Missing everyone!

AFM: Busy busy with work and Kyle and Frankie and now Frankie's basketball schedule!!! Work has been pretty busy for the most part - a few slow days here and there but we are already way ahead from last year (at the end of the year!!!!) with about 5-6 weeks of the year left!!! And on a side note..........5-6 weeks of the year left!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where has the year gone!!???!!
Kyle is walking more and more - still not comfortable letting him walk outside and "alone" all the time he is still pretty tippy.....but doing much better - no more throwing up after last weekend thankfully I am still not sure what was wrong I think he had the start of something but thankfully it didn't get too bad!

Well I hope everyone is well......I miss the chatter and hope to see everyone back soon!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby BellaM » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Rachel - yay for Eli walking!! :yay: Glad to hear he got over his tonsillitis.

Krissy - yeah DH is excited for another girl. We didn't mind what it was either way seen as though we have both now :D
So glad to hear poor Kyle is better now! Its always horrible when they're sick! Wow what a busy schedule with Frankie's basketball!

AFM - Charlotte started taking steps on 16th. She's still very cautious. I'm really tired at the moment so about to have a nap. Like I said before, DH came home early due to me struggling to cope with the dog. I went to the pet shop and spent a small fortune on things to help his anxiety but NONE of it worked. The only thing left is to drug him which I'm not keen on. So we're thinking of finding him a new home. I just can't cope at the moment and it will be worse once the baby is here.
The baby is kicking heaps now! Its such a reassuring feeling. I had been getting a lot of cramping last week but that seems to have subsided now thank goodness.
Well Charlotte is currently asleep on the floor after throwing a tantrum so I'll put her in her cot and try and nap myself.
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby BellaM » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Claire i just noticed you are due tomorrow!!!! Any news yet?
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:51 am

Big fat nothing so far lol
Painful bh contractions a few nights this past week and tired as anything but no sign of joss' arrival yet! :(
Going to go late again :(

Saturday I took charley to a local show/festival and managed to twist my ankle and fall over while holding her, landed on my knees and spare arm, and managed to stop her hitting the ground and not land on my stomach. I was disgusted with the people around us though, there was people everywhere and not one able bodied person bothered to make sure we were ok! Eventually an older couple came and asked if we were ok and if I needed a hand getting up, but there was no way this couple could have helped me up. Sweet of them to offer, but I'm still stunned by the fact no one else bothered to help the heavily pregnant woman and her toddler!
We managed to get up and explore the show for a while but charley was terrified after that and I'm so sore now :(
Didn't realize how much I'd hurt myself until we got home.. Couldn't walk on Sunday, swollen ankle. And today i can barley use my arm, and my back is really sore.
Pretty sure my ankles are partly pregnancy related swelling as both legs seem to have lovely cankles now. Lol

If joss isn't here by Thursday I see the midwife again, and hopefully can convince them to get things moving.

Charley had a sookie day today, didn't take a proper nap until 4:30 this arvo and spent the evening giving dp and anyone else she saw a horrid dirty look, then snuggling into me or bursting into tears... I really hope she copes ok when joss comes along.. Haven't been worried about her coping until she started this sookieness.. Hopefully it was just a bad day for her.

Anyway in going to get some sleep now, think I've rambled enough for one night. Lol. Will post more over the next few days so your not all left guessing :)

Hope u r all well

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:03 am

Bella, what did you try with the dog?
A lot of pet shop solutions are just money making schemes and not very helpful.
Also a lot of products need to be used before the storm starts to be any help..
If you'd like some advice with behavior or medications just let me know here, or send me a message. I work as a vet nurse at a animal shelter with lovely behavioral trainers so if your up for trying some things I will do what I can to help..
I also have to give one of my dogs meds in storm season or deal with the constant barking. Having said that, there are non drug alternatives I haven't tried personally with my boy as I find it easier on both of us to give him the pill.

If all else fails just make sure your pooch goes to a good home, don't give him/her away for free.. Big dog fighting problems in Australia at the moment :(

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:54 pm

Claire!! Nice to hear from you!! Sorry about the tumble :( sorry you are hurting!!! I can't believe no one stopped to make sure you and Charley were ok!! Thats crazy! How is Charley doing??

I posted a few pics in the pic thread for everyone :D

Hope everyone is doing well.....hope to see some chatter soon!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby BellaM » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Wow Claire, thats disgusting that no one stopped to help you and Charley get up! :evil: What has the world come to?! Sorry Joss hasn't decided to make an appearance yet. I hope its not too much longer! Hope you're feeling better soon too.
First we tried bringing him inside but he kept barking, tried a muzzle, tried tying him up so he couldn't scratch the back door (he has scratched the paint off it and ripped the screen door to shreds), a collar that sprays something when they bark?, a thunder shirt and we took him to a dog trainer ages ago to stop naughty behaviours so my DH tried those tips. None of it even remotely stopped him. I know the thunder shirt needed to be on before the actual storm so as soon as we bought it we took it home and put it on because we were forecast for storms later in the afternoon. It didn't work. Left it on him overnight and we had more storms the next day, made no difference. Thankfully we were able to get our money back on all the things we bought from the pet shop! Living in QLD we are constantly hammered with storms, sometimes up to 3 a day so he would need to be constantly drugged :| Last week we had at least 1 storm every day, and there were days where we had 2-3.
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Joss arrived on her due date, yesterday 26th nov at 10:28pm
3.43 kg, 35cm head circ, 52cm long.

We are still in hospital but about to go home :)
Both well.
I had the epidural this time but they stuffed it up and it ended up causing more pain :? 8O :doh:
Aside from the back pain from that and cramps when BFing I feel great!

Will post pics n more info later just wanted to let you know we have another baby makers baby! :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:04 am

:balloons: :congrats: :balloons: Claire!!! Glad to hear you're both doing well. Can't wait to hear the birth story and see pics!! :D
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:24 am

:happyforyou: :congrats:

Great news!!!! Glad you are doing well...cant wait for pics!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:53 pm

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups