The Babymakers #6

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #6

Postby Clairebear » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:55 am

Kindly stop spamming our thread.
I have reported your posts to admin.

Have a great day

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:48 am

Awww she's beautiful Claire!! :D
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:54 am

:D :thanx:

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:32 am

:congrats: again Claire...........she's beautiful!!!!

How is everyone doing? Good I hope! Its getting cold here and becoming winter :(

I am feeling TERRIBLE about something and need to share / vent with you ladies! Yesterday at MIL's house (about 20 people - adults and kids) and Kyle is walking around - I am following him...and a few times thinking I should not be letting him but ........so I'm not sure how it happened - if BIL moved right at the "wrong" time or if Kyle bumped into him or both but Kyle fell and hit his face (mouth) really badly (fell into a book shelf is the only way to describe it he didn't hit the side or a corner it was the opening of the bookshelf but landed on the edge if that makes sense lol...sorry!) - he was bleeding and his lip instantly began to swell up :cry: :cry: :cry: I feel TERRIBLE that I "let" it happen! I should have been carrying him or following him closer and maybe it would not have been so bad.......he has pretty severe cuts on the inside of his bottom lip and we were worried he bit all the way through his lip but I'm not sure. It is at minimum pretty scraped on the outside - even his little nose has a scrape :cry:

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby BellaM » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:51 pm

Krissy - its not your fault!! Kids have accidents. Its part of being a kid. I'm sure Kyle won't even remember it happening when he's older! Be kind to yourself :hugs: I hope you're able to stay warm in the winter. Its summer here (as of tomorrow) so hot hot hot. Although today is a nice temp as its overcast and rainy.

Not a lot is happening here. Bub is kicking heaps and getting stronger and stronger. I've been getting Braxton Hicks for the last 2wks. We still can't come up with middle names. Well thats not completely true, I can come up with suggestions but DH doesn't like them so I'm out of ideas now :doh: DH is home tomorrow :ptl: The dog has been keeping me awake the past 2 nights so I feel like a zombie. Not that it will get any better once DH is home but at least he can deal with the dog.

Not long till Christmas ladies!! Is everyone prepared?
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:55 am

Thanks Bella.......I know he's fine - once he calmed down he went right back to his usual self (and wanting to eat lol!...he's such a little piggy!) But I still felt / feel bad! I always forget your seasons are opposite of ours! Its getting cold and I don't like it!!! Its not going to be over 30F any time soon......and probably wont be!!! BRRRRRRR....yay for DH coming home!! You'll find a middle name - Kyle's name was one I randomly threw out when we were watching TV lol and we both loved it......and now I of course can't imagine him named anything else! I miss baby kicks!!! Don't remind me about Christmas!! I am not ready but have some stuff bought....I'm just struggling with Frankie since I bought a expensive gift but am back and forth should I give it or not...is he ready or not (to take care of it etc.) and is he ready to understand that he's not going to get lots of gifts any more since he is getting older and getting 1 or 2 expensive gifts.....he is 11 so I *think* he's ready ..........but............AHHHHHH!
What is everyone getting the little one for Christmas???

Hope everyone is well and home you can check in soon!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Aww congratulations Claire!! She's wonderful. Hope you are all doing well xx
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:16 am

Hey Krissy - sorry to hear that Kyle had an accident - but it could happen to any of us at any time - I don't think you should blame yourself (but I can understand how you feel - I'm sure I'd probably feel the same - mommy guilt is a terrible thing!)

Sorry I've been MIA - I can't believe I missed Claire's news this week - congrats again. Hope the first week is going well :)

Hi to everyone else. How are things going? I'm going to have to look back over posts...

Things have been hectic here with work and believe it or not, we're off to look at a school this morning(!) People start early here and there's loads of competition for kids to get into good schools so you have to get your name down early and even then I've found out we're late doing it - some people put their babies names down when they're days old!!! I couldn't believe it! Our local school is really crappy so we'll need to go elsewhere in the city to look for a better one. Anyway... Eli is walking really well now and we had a photographer come over to take some photos yesterday so we'll see how those turn out. Otherwise we're off work this week - yay - and going away for a few days with the dog and Eli - time for walks and hopefully chilling out in front of the TV in the evenings. We're watching Breaking Bad at the moment - anyone else a fan here?!

Now I need to go and update my signature...Sorry about the lack of personals - I really need to read back through posts to catch up on how everyone is doing. Thinking of you all x
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby kiwifaire » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:52 am

Oh my goodness! I feel terrible for missing so much!

Congrats Claire!!!!! Whoohoo! That is so exciting! how are the first few weeks going for you?

I feel so terrible for not keeping up. I am doing ok. The girls and I have been sick (mildly-ish) for about 2 weeks. Right before that I had another episode and had to go to the ER for fluids and anti nausea meds. Luckily I just went in and didn't wait. It would have been worse I am sure. I feel so tired all the time. I am just barely keeping up with life. We have thought of names. The newest arrival will be London Violet. I am very excited to meet her. I am 22 weeks tomorrow. She seems like a very chill baby and I think she will be a perfect addition to our family. We couldn't be more thrilled to add another little girl. We recently purchased bunk beds for Vienna and Berlin. They should be here in the next 10 days or so and then we can look at getting the two girls into one room. Any suggestions? They both go to sleep so well right now. We also got a new vehicle to fit a family of 5 with 3 car seats and I am buying the Berlin her convertible car seat tonight. With that we are ready for baby ha. DH is in the CFP Course and working which means he is studying or working pretty much all of the time so family duty all falls to me.
kiwifaire
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Clairebear » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:11 am

Hey ladies :)

Just got charley down for the night, and Joss is napping too so thought I'd check in.

Joss has been so wonderful :) she's going for naps at the same time as Charley, and they go to bed around the same time at night too (between 7-8pm). Then she feeds at midnight and 4am roughly, and both girls are up at about 7-8am. I can't believe how lucky I've been to get her into such a great routine already :) !! She's 1w 1 day today and it all feels so natural and easy.. Feel like I've had 2 babes for months :) I got this lol :)
We even ventured to the cinema today, just the girls and I. Charley got restless by about half way through and started running around and climbing on chairs lol and by the time the movie was 20 mins from ending she was exhausted but we managed to stay to the end.

As for Joss' arrival story - after telling everyone Monday night that there was no way I'd be having a baby the next day, I woke up to contractions at 7:30am, got charley dressed and fed then drove to MILs .. Luckily it's only a few min from my house lol .. Managed to drop charley off to MIL and have a quick conversation then got back to the car before the next contraction lol I didn't mention anything to MIL because I didn't want her to come to the hospital lol
Got home and spent the morning laying in bed, doing washing, repacked my hospital bag, watched some tv and tried for a nap - all the while contractions coming about every 5/7 min apart.
Gave in at about 2:30pm and arranged to go in to hospital. DP was asleep and when I woke him he thought I was joking. My friend came n took me in n stayed with me a while. At about 4pm I told MIL I probably wouldn't be able to pick charley up that afternoon. By about 7pm I had only dilated to 4cm! So I asked for the epi. They insisted I try a shower first so I did that n spent over an hr with the hot water blasting on my back. It was just after 9pm when the doc came to do the epi, took a while to put in, had to keep stopping for contractions.
10pm and still no relief from the epi, they insisted I keep pressing the top up button and wait to see if it worked and if not they were going to give me the morphine injection. Got to about 10:15 n the midwife went to get me a heat pack for my back ( seems I labor in my back ) while she was gone I needed to push!!! So we called the midwife back, checked dilation and sure enough it was time to have a baby! 13min pushing with no pain relief and Joss entered the world :)
DP had come to see us earlier but I'd sent him for my pillow and dinner, he arrived just as Joss did :) he had told me prior that he couldn't stomach being in the room for the delivery, which was fine, at least I knew what to expect, and he came back at the perfect time, we got Joss cleaned up n he got to meet her without being traumatized lol

DP is still in a horrible head space, but he's getting serious about getting help now cos he doesn't want to live like that, and wants to be better for our family. I won't go into detail, but some of the stuff going on in his head is pretty dark horrible stuff. I honestly had no idea how bad he was suffering, his anti social behavior lately has been his coping mechanism. I couldn't live in such a horrible head space, I'm actually amazed how well he's coped.. It just hurts to know he's been suffering for so long, and kept it all to himself. Anyway I have made some calls today and hopefully we can get him the help he needs! Told him if he does whatever needs to be done to get better the kids and I will always be there for him. Fingers crossed we can get him better n move forward now.

Anyway now I've rambled on so much I can't remember who said what, so I can't do personals right now lol
Sorry, I've probably just written an entire page too lol

It was good to ramble at you all, I'll be back to do it again sometime soon I'm sure lol

Oh and whoever said they were watching breaking bad I freaking loved that show! I finished it all now :( lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Yay chatter!!!!! Hi everyone!

Cara???? We miss you and dying to know how Archer's birthday was??? Hope to hear from you soon

Rachel thanks....I still feel a little guilty :( but feeling better thanks.....that's crazy about the schools!!! How is things going with your mom watching Eli? Is he doing well?

Natalie sorry to hear everyone has been sick!!! I love the new name - beautiful!!!

Claire wow sounds like joss is a great addition!!! Sorry to hear about DP but hope he is feeling better soon! Sounds like a great / crazy birth story!!!! When do you have to go back to work? How is Charley with joss?

Oh I love breaking bad also!!!!! But haven't seen any from the last season so don't tell me!!!!! :D

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Oh!!!! Claire you need an updated siggy!!! :D :D

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:02 pm

Lol gotta remember how to do my siggy lol
Will do it next time I'm bored

Don't feel bad about your little fellas tumble. Charley fell out our front door straight on to her head when she was first walking! Scraped some skin off and left a bruise but they bounce back fast! We've had a few busted lip incidences too - all part of their learning experiences.

Charley is great with Joss :) she goes to see her when she cries and give her toys to play with and tries to share her food too lol

Ill be off work for 4-6 months depending on finances

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:16 am

Claire thanks.....you'd think this stuff wouldn't bother me so much since I've done it before....but I think it was really only because I was right there and coulda / shoulda caught him.....or not let him walk to begin with!!! But anyway! Charley sounds like a great big sister!!!! How sweet! Well I hope you get DP all sorted out I've been thinking about him / you since I read your post......

You'll have to post some Charley Joss pics when you can!!!!

Hope everyone is well tomorrow is hospital day for the boys so I will update this weekend or next week as soon as I can!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Thanks, I hope we get DP sorted out too!
Charley is napping at the moment and I'm hoping to get Joss down shortly too so I can make some more calls to organize a starting point for DP.

Charley was sitting on my bed while I was BFing Joss a couple of days ago and the silly girl managed to fall off the bed onto her head! - they still get hurt when your right there, it happens to us all. Lol.

Poor Joss looks a mess at the moment lol peeling skin all over the place and her milk pimples are coming up now too lol
Perfect timing, I'm hoping to take her to a Xmas party tomorrow night to meet people and she's a peeling pimple covered mess lol still adorable though of course :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups