The Babymakers #6

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #6

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:40 am

Claire - it was me who mentioned Breaking Bad lol! I'm with Krissy though, only on series 5 so don't give me any spoilers! I hope you managed to make some calls to start the ball rolling with sorting things out for DP. So do you have a particular outfit sorted for Joss for the Xmas party?! I can't believe you're at home with a baby who's less than 2 weeks old... So glad it's going well for you and everything is working out. I'm still having nightmares now and again that i'm pregnant again - and when I say nightmares, I mean nightmares lol! Can't wait to see some pics

Krissy - Eli fell and bashed his head on the corner of a coffee table yesterday. He looked like he had a huge dent in his forehead but thankfully after a little while there wasn't much to see. Not exactly the same as your story but it made me think of you!!

Natalie - I hope you're feeling better by now. Sickness is yuck - thinking of you...

Sorry I need to run as Eli has just woken up from his nap and I want to get to a Xmas market that's only open for another hour and 20 mins!!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby kiwifaire » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:08 pm

That is quite the birth story!

Ugg I was in hospital again yesterday. I know I shouldn't be so negative but I hate being pregnant and can't wait for it to be over for good.
kiwifaire
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Clairebear » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:33 pm

You poor thing :( you have such hard pregnancies I'm not surprised you don't enjoy it. Worth it in the end! But I also will not be going through that again

Hope ur feeling ok today

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:18 am

Rachel - how did you go with schools? Thats crazy you have to look so early! Hope you enjoyed your time off work.

Natalie - sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. Beautiful name you guys have picked for your baby girl. Don't really have any advice for getting your girls to share a room. DS3 and Charlotte have always shared a room and never had a problem.

Claire - thanks for sharing your birth story :) Glad to hear Joss is settling in well with the family. Sorry to hear your DP is having a hard time. I hope he's able to get the help he needs.

AFM - hmmm whats been happening with me…I had 2 night shifts in a row last week and I've come to the realisation that i can't do it anymore. I was fine the first night despite having had a tooth pulled at the dentist that afternoon and being on pain meds that make you drowsy. But night #2 was horrid. By 5:30am I was ready to hurl my guts up. I ended up going home an hour early and i'm trying to swap at least 1 of my nights in the coming weeks. This is the first time I haven't been able to cope with more than 1. I was doing up to 4 in a row when I worked full time with DS3 and when I went part time I could do 2 with Charlotte.
Charlotte is walking like a champ now. She's also become a real daddy's girl and will cry when we drop him at the airport :(
Can't really update on the baby as I haven't had a check-up since October. I do have a hospital appt on Tuesday morning though. We haven't got anywhere with middle names. I'm kind of sick of suggesting ones and DH not liking them.
Kids birthdays and christmas coming up is making things hectic. Its the last wk of school for the older 2 before school holidays. Looks like they'll start building our house on 6th or 13th January. So the baby will be about 1mth old when we move in which should be interesting. Need to start getting boxes so we can start packing and be prepared. DH and his dad are starting on the fencing next weekend.
I've bunged on for a fair while now so will leave it at that. Hope you're all well and enjoying the weekend.
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:34 am

Hi everyone!!!

Natalie so sorry to hear of how sick you have been!!!! I was sick with Kyle all the time as well but not nearly as bad. :( I'm not sued on the girls sharing a room since I'm an only child and I have Frankie and Kyle in their own rooms...but maybe make it "fun" and let them do sleepovers / camp outs?? For a few nights or something?

Bella sounds like you have lots going on as usual!!! :D sorry to hear your having s tough time with night shift but obviously your body / or baby! Is saying slow down mama! Yay for the house but yikes moving with a little little one!!!

Rachel glad Eli is ok our poor boys!!! How are things otherwise?

AFM.....yesterday had my nephew over for the day (he is about 2.5 years old) it was fun I used to watch him a lot before Kyle was born. Frankie enjoyed playing with him and so did Kyle. And I got to spend one on one time with him while Kyle napped......now if I could convince
DH we need just one more :D
Otherwise just trying to get things done for Christmas and work and crazy basketball schedule!!!!

Hope everyone is well I'll write more next week!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:36 am

Oh.....I forgot!!! Kyle is 19 pounds 3 ounces as of Friday (15 months)

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:01 pm

Krissy - yay for 19 lbs - go Kyle! Can't believe you're thinking of number 3 already - what does DH say about that?!

Bella - wow, moving when the baby is a month old - sounds like a challenge but I have a friend who managed it (I think she said she'd never do it again, but she managed it!) Those nightshifts sound rough - hope you get them swapped okay.

Natalie - I hope you feel better soon. I don't envy you being pregnant at all - but hopefully it'll go quickly for you.

Cara - hope to hear from you soon - hope Archer is doing well.

AFM - Eli was a bit grumpy today so I think he's teething again. I feel a bit sad tonight cos I think BF is over - he's been really fussing when I try to feed him and not even really trying - so despite taking supplements and prescription meds I don't think my supply is up to much. Never in a million years did I think I'd feel this way, but there you have it. Doesn't make me want another one though!!

Claire - hope Joss is still a dream for you :)
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby kiwifaire » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks everyone. The Diclectin makes me really sleepy and I am on 5 pills a day and 8mg of zofran as needed.
kiwifaire
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Hey ladies - I'm kinda missing you guys! How is everyone? I'm on the talk about a whole lot of nothing...

On my own tonight as DH is out at some gig. Looking forward to Christmas but still busy at work. It's a good time of year though as you can tell everyone's getting a bit excited at work! Plus I'm not working over Xmas which is a bonus. What does everyone have planned? We'll be going to my parents for Xmas day then I think they're coming here for Boxing day. The outlaws are away on holiday to Tenerife after throwing a huff and booking the holiday suddenly after our big argument in July. So funny because they've never been away on holiday over Xmas and I don't think they wanted to go!! They're being super-weird, pretending nothing is wrong when clearly lots of things are wrong. They asked for some photos before they went on holiday and I told DH no. Hopefully that'll provoke them into saying something and to stop pretending nothing is wrong when they continue to bitch about me behind my back. What I really hope is that they cut off all contact with us cos poor DH is stressed out of his head. His eczema is really bad and he's doing funny stuff in his sleep - talking and things. All stress related of course and we both know what's causing his stress.

Anyway, had some photos done of Eli for his first birthday (even tho it's a couple of months late) and they turned out SO well - will be hard picking one.

Where is everyone? Hope you're all doing well. I know life just gets busy... Hope to hear from you soon!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby kiwifaire » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Hey Everyone!

I am sorry that Christmas time with the inlaw, outlaws is so stressful!

I am so happy to announce that we are just spending Christmas Eve with some friends and then Christmas day will be be just the 4 of us. No inlaws, no extended family. Just us! Should be amazing!
kiwifaire
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:35 pm

Sounds great Natalie ;)
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby BellaM » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:43 am

Krissy - yay for trying to convince DH to have a third :wink:

Rachel - sorry to hear BF is over. I still remember that feeling even though my journey was over a long time ago.
Sorry to hear your inlaws are still being a pain. Your poor DH :(
We are spending Christmas by ourselves, just our little family. I have to work Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, 27th & 29th so can't go away anywhere. Starting to get excited! Although the shops are crazy crazy! And I have to make 2 more trips there between now and Christmas :roll:

Natalie - hope you're feeling ok!

AFM- I am struggling to keep my eyes open right now. I did 2 night shifts (last night being my last one) and I've been awake all day sorting Christmas stuff with DH before he flew out to work. It will be an early night I think! DH drove me to work last night and so glad he did as when we were driving home this morning I was getting excruciating braxton hicks. To the point where I got him to pull over and I stood in the rain so I could double over and try getting them to go away. They eventually did go away thank goodness.
I had to take poor Charlotte to hospital last week with a moderate head injury. DS2 fell while holding her and she landed on her head and started vomiting. Oh and was bitten by green ants on her foot which was so so swollen, red and bruised. I eventually got home at midnight and as I was washing bottles to go to bed DS1 woke up and started vomiting. So I was up and down all night checking on him. Then the next day DS2 got it. Its left our house now thank goodness.
I had an antenatal check-up the other week. Bub is fine and measuring right on (well at least my fundal height is). Had to get re-checked for a UTI as apparently I had a mild one back in September and because it wasn't treated they wanted to see if it was still there. I looked up the results at work (naughty I know) and I don't have one. OB said I don't have to do the glucose test so :yay: I was supposed to fill in my maternity leave forms last night at work but things got busy with a sick bubba who decided to come early so I didn't get time. My pelvis is starting to hurt periodically :( I just :pray: it doesn't get too much worse. I had it constantly with DS3 and it was the worst!!

Hope everyone is well xx
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:10 am

Hi ladies!!! Sorry I have been super busy (lame excuse .......I know!!!!)

Natalie: Sounds like a wonderful Christmas!!!

Rachel: Thats great you are not working over Christmas! And glad the outlaws will be away :D How is Eli??

Bella: Goodness!!! Always so much going on at your house! Sorry to hear about Charlotte!! That sounds scary but glad she is alright! And all the sickies :( no fun! Glad it has packed up and left your house though. I would LOVE to have #3 but we are on the fence because of the boys medical stuff - it is a 50/50 if we have another boy that he will have the same thing - but I have 2 boys and they both have it - so I just think well if I have another boy he will have it and then I wonder - am I just selfish? Do I have another child and possibly pass this on again?? But at the same time.......my boys are happy and great and is what they have REALLY that bad??? AHHHHHHHH!!!! And DH just doesn't really tell me (honestly) what he wants :dunno:

Well things here are crazy as always! Been super busy at work and home - Kyle has been having bad nights on and off and I am worn out.....but thankfully he slept better last night so I feel a little better and I'm sure he does also......he was pretty worn out too!!! Last week he got sent home sick one afternoon and he was not good at all.....but the next day he was almost 100% ...weird!!!
Frankie is getting excited for Christmas and I think I am almost ready ....we plan to put the Christmas tree up this weekend (I didn't want to put it up to early because I didn't really want to have to keep Kyle away from it lol - thankfully Frankie is old enough that he understands that - he wishes we had it up but he understands) and I have to wrap presents ......and I only have 1 person to shop for - my dad.....I think thats it so not too bad...

How is everyone set for Christmas??

Well have to get back to work (lol) .......

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby BellaM » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Krissy - sounds like theres a lot for you to weigh up when deciding to have another bub. It doesn't help that your DH doesn't let you know how he feels about it all or what he wants.
Sorry to hear Kyle has been having rough nights. Have fun putting up the Christmas tree :D We've had ours up since the end of November. DH was impatient :lol2: You sound pretty set for Christmas which is good :)

AFM - I finished my Christmas shopping this morning and holy moly it was a stressful experience. Charlotte woke 10+ times last night so I was buggered to start with. Then I go to pay for the presents and it says it was declined because it was over the card limit. So I had to toddle to the bank which wasn't open for another 20mins. So we sat there and waited. Then I get into the line for them to increase my card withdrawal limit. They do it then say "oh it might not take effect for 24hrs" :x So I line up in the massive teller line to withdraw the cash cos I just wanted to get the presents and go home. Get the cash and go back to the shop, line up in a big line again. Pay for the stuff and load it all in the trolley which it only JUST fits into. Go to the car and unload and I had to take a few things back so went through all the bags to find what I needed. Went back and got a refund (which was less than what I expected). Then went to the bank to put the money back into my account. Meanwhile DS3 is chucking a tantrum :mad: Walking back to the car and every douche and their dog is looking at us because DS3 is carrying on :mad: We get home and I put DS3 and Charlotte to bed and lay down myself cos I'm just buggered and ready to cry. Charlotte takes 30mins to get to sleep and then only sleeps for an hour :cry: I just want this day to be over as you can imagine.
So to answer your question Krissy, I just need to wrap presents and buy batteries and then we are ready for Christmas. I got the food yesterday and I cannot wait to gorge myself stupid Christmas Day :rofl:
Today has just cemented how desperate I am for a break. DH and I are on the go allllll the time and its exhausting. When I'm at home, he's at work and when he's at home, I'm at work. In between my shifts when he's home we're running around doing things. We're both saving our holidays for when the baby's here so time off is out of the question. I just wish our parents were here to help :cry:
Anyway enough whinging from me!
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:35 am

Hi Bella - There is a lot to weigh in deciding on another baby I would really love to but yes DH does not say anything - or says "I'm happy with Kyle right now" well I am too - its not like I'm UNhappy!!! LOL!! I don't know. We usually are "late" putting up our tree but this year is later than usual (I've never done the tree right after Thanksgiving - but thats just me :D ) WOW!!! What a shopping experience!!!! Yikes! I had one of those not too long ago......I brought Frankie and Kyle with me and Frankie wanted to buy (whatever) with his $5.00 that he had.....Kyle was just a crazy person and was nuts because I was buying his favorite snacks - which I had already opened before paying :oops: well we go to check out.......Frankie goes in another lane - Kyle is screaming and mad that we have to pay for his snack - then is mad because I want to put snack away (has at this point eaten a half container!!!!!!!!!) and then Frankie starts yelling (different lane) that he doesn't have enough money!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH I got home and told DH - I will buy Kyle's favorite snacks ALONE!!! I would have been fine if it was one child or the other but both.....oh boy!!!!!

Anyway - just wanted to stop in and say Merry Christmas!!! I don't know how much I will be on in the next few days so I didn't want to wait just in case!!!
I hope everyone is well.......

Missing Cara
Bella hope you get a break and some much needed rest!!!!!!!
Claire Hope Joss and Charley are doing well (and DP - how is he doing????) And you of course!! Thinking of you!
Rachel I also hope you enjoy a little time off and a little rest
Natalie hope you are feeling better and enjoy the holiday with family / friends!!!!!!!

Talk to everyone soon!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups