SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

Postby vswright34 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Hey ladies! Here is our new topic so we can continue talking about our journeys :)
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

Postby angelfacexx » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:25 am

Hey girls! Whew! What a busy week.

Roni - I am so excited for your reveal! AHHH i love finding out peoples genders. Such an exciting time! I love your little bump. Are you excited to pop?

Sylvia- I wish I had a preggo friend to share in all this stress and excitement. LOL.Hows the new house treating you? I'm sorry to hear about DH g-pa. I hope your belly aches have subsided. Maybe the were BH? i haven't gotten any that I'm aware of. Girl, I haven't even looked into PP stuff. I can't handle that stress right now.

Kristen - I love your bump! I wish mine would grow some! LOL. I must admit I giggled at you getting stuck in the tub. I must also admit...it was a close call for me the other day. LOL

Angela - Hell yeah for people slingin money at you at the bar. I'd love that! Probably not standing on my feet though. I'm excited for your scan too!

Jenn - Yyayy! I'm ready to see your gender reveal too! Man a lot of gender scans coming up! LO is so precious!

Blaire - Your bump is precious!

Carol - Girl I would kill to work from home 3 days a week. I currently only live 10 mins from work...but I have so much stuff to get done. Girl don't be nervous to post a picture for us. No judgement from this group ever. I love us to death.

I hope I didn't forget anyone..if I did..please bitch me out. I'm so all over the place lately.

AFM- The measuring ultrasound went as well as it could have. I'm 3 weeks behind. Ari is currently 2lbs 14 oz, instead of the 3.5lbs she should be. She's measuring in the 27th percentile. My blood pressure is perfect, my urine is perfect, my weight gain is perfect, her movement and heart rate is perfect, everything is perfect. She will just be a tiny bean. OB said that since I was tiny and DH we can expect a tiny one ourselves. I'm not complaining...but if one more person tells me "OMG you're so small, are you sure nothings wrong" "Your due date must be wrong" or some other comment about how small I look..I will go off my rocker. Commenting on any pregnant womans size is RUDE.

We're supposed to close on the house next friday and haven't heard back about the final approval. So stressed. Not to mention I have a lot to do in the next two weeks. Transferring utilities, painting, packing, finishing the fence in the back yard, setting up Ari's nursery. Whew, I'm stressed. Plus I got a promotion and raise at work and now I need to start training within the next two weeks.

65 days until my due date and 44 until full term. I'm feeling the pressure girls! But I'm still excited!

Shower...we got a lot of clothes. I mean...a ton. We also got 4 different first aid kits, a diaper bag, the rock n play, a lot of homemade things. socks, and other random bits and bobs, my dad also ordered our crib and my mom is going halfsies on our carseat. Then I had a drop in shower at work 3 days later and got a changing pad, swaddle blankets, and receiving blankets, a baby monitor, a moby wrap, breast pads, every disney movie ever made.<that one made me cry>.

Prepare yourselves for spam of pictures!
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby angelfacexx » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:38 am

this one was too funny not to upload. My friend found a wig and made Ben wear it

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby angelfacexx » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:40 am

our quick attempt at a maternity picture before the shower began. LOL

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby angelfacexx » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:16 am

ImageImage

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Blaire » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:30 pm

Good afternoon ladies!

Thanks for the new thread roni! I'm also excited for your reveal! Will live thru all you ladies gender reveals until ours on April 1!!!

Angel, OMG I don't even know where to begin? Your pictures are amazing, I love the whole set up (the house is so adorable also) I love country homes (at least that is what it looks like!!) the decor, candy, Gifts and of course you and dh! Adorable, Ariana sure is one lucky girl. And I also see the weather was beautiful!!!

I am so going to register for all the Disney movies, I also had a friend get all the Peter rabbit books which I loved, so hopefully I can figure out a way to get all that also and then some!

Tried to go look at babies r us w hubby and he started off by playing w strollers (even though we have one already) then I got him focused and said maybe we can register for a few things, then he walked off to the hot wheels motorized cars and I swear if he could have hopped in one he would have!

Happy Saturday ladies! Hope all the bumps are doing great.
Blaire

Postby hopeful#3 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:00 am

Morning Ladies!

Angel - I loved all your pics! So precious! And I am sure everything will be fine with little Ariana! You have the opposite questions than I do. Mine are always, are you sure there is only one? and are you sure you are only 18 weeks? (Well, 19 now). Your right, it is RUDE to comment on a pregnant ladies size. Dont they get it?

Everyone else - HELLO! - Dont really have time for the one on one. But will soon.

AFM - Nothing to report. DH is getting frustrated that I can feel the LO moving and he cannot yet! :D I find out in 1 week what we are having, and I am super excited!
hopeful#3

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:21 am

Helloooo ladies! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! :) Back to the grind..

Thank you for all the condolences on DH's g-pa - It was rough but he was old, 94, and lived an good and exemplary life. We are so thankful for that.

Carol - I'd love to see a pic of you! No judgements here! Don't feel bad at all, we are just bump-a-holics and love to see baby bumps no matter what size. They're all so lovely! :) Yay for working from home! That rocks! And I can't believe you have a hour-long commute! You will def save on gas now too! Score!

Roni - Thanks for setting up the new thread! :) - Enjoy your sister's wedding. Hope it's drama free! Will be awesome for you to see your folks and the rest of your family - Special times for you, that's for sure! I can't wait to see pics of you in the dress you picked out!

Angel - Loving the new house. Just hosted a baby shower last weekend and it went really well - I was super nervous to have a bunch of people over but it turned out really cute - it was a zoo themed shower for my friend that's having a baby in January. She was very happy and we had about 20-25 people at the house. Awww - I can't wait to see pics of your little bean, Ari. So cute to think of her being so petite yet right on track at the same time. The 3D pics are so cute - especially the close-ups of her face. I also love your shower pics - So country chic! looked like a lot of fun! I cannot wait to get tons of clothes because that's what I have been avoiding buying for the most part even though I have been Soooo tempted! I know you bought a lot though, so your lil gal must have quite the wardrobe by now! hehe And the pics of you with your man are adorable too! I think you did a pretty good job with your "last minute" maternity pic! Congrats on the promotion and raise! You rock, Mama! Hopefully the training and all is not too stressful while you have everything else going on! Just try to take some time to chillax amidst all the craziness so you can keep your sanity! :)

Blaire - LOL about hubs at Babies are Us. Playing with hot wheels eh? Hope you get a lil' boy. hehe We already got our stroller too. What kind did you guys get? I splurged and got the bright red Bumbleride Indie - Crazy expensive but at least I won't have to buy a jogging stroller down the road - And they are supposed to be excellent on all terrains and at steering and all.

AFM, I've been doing okay - Some of you asked about the tummy aches and yes, they have subsided so it must have just been a temporary thing! We just got a new puppy yesterday - only about 6 weeks old. We named him Grayson - and we THINK he is a mix b/w a german shepherd and pitbull so he'll be quite large but for now he's just tiny, adorable, and a TON of work. LOL Already started on potty training and all, hope all the hard work pays off! :) I was holding him for awhile while he slept yesterday - poor thing was exhausted, came from a family of 12 bros/sisters and had to fight for food :( - and I thought man if it's this awesome to hold a lil' pup, how amazing will it be to cuddle my baby!? can't wait! I'll try to upload a pic of him later!

Hope you all have an awesome day! Take care of those beautiful babies! :babyb: :babyg:
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kissyten » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 am

Hey Everyone!!

Sorry for being MIA.... I have been stressed, worried, and am slowly being pushed into reality that in 2 short days I could go into labout at anytime!! *Deep Breaths* *Deep Breaths*

I am going to attempt personals, but read so much stuff that if I missed anything i'm sorry! :(

Roni: Thank-you for starting a new board! :) I can't wait for your gender reveal! I love your little bump, you look AWESOME!

Blaire: Oh my goodness you little bump is precious too! I love that everyone is starting to show! Wow April 1 seems like a long time to wait for your gender reveal! You must be anxious, but all the other ladies' reveals will help tide you over until your big day! You are so close to the half way point too! So exciting!

Jenn: Can't wait for your reveal too!! I sure hope all the bubs are going to co-operate and show the goods!!

Carol: I am so jealous about you getting to work from home for 3 days a week!! You are so lucky!! I agree with Angel and we would never judge here, so don't be afraid to show us that lovely bump you are sporting. :)

Angel: WOW! I love the pictures!! Your theme for your shower is gorgeous! Also, I love the mat pic you guys did before the shower super cute! I am glad that the ultrasound went well and you have a healthy petite little girl in there. I have heard the same things from doctors too... if the mom and dad are more smaller than little bubs will be too. I was almost 9 pounds when I was born and BF was 9.5 pounds.... so they suspect Zach will be around the same. At the last ultrasound I had (a month and a hald ago) his legs measured 2 weeks behind and his head and belly were two weeks ahead! I was so concerned, but my doc said it's normal for a baby whose parents aren't all that tall! Also, alot of women carry their little ones differently! I have a friend who didn't even look pregnant until she 7 months!! I think you look GREAT and don't let people get you down when they comment on your size; it is def. something you will experience more and more as you get towards the end......I was at a restaurant yesterday and was waddling to the washroom and some guy asked me if I was okay... I said "ummm... yeah... why?" and he said "well you're so big, looks like you could go at any minute!".....I almost punched him in the face!

Sylvia: I'm sorry to hear about DH's Grandpa....... My thoughs and prayers are with him while he is mourning and healing the loss.

AFM: OMG OMG OMG!! I am FREAKING OUT! I haven't finished my hospital bag because I can't seem to pack anything in it without wanting to crawl into a ball and cry! hahahaha! I'm going to get BF to finish packing it for me, so I can avoid the freak outs! I have already packed a nice comfy towel (heard the hospitals ones are crap and itchy), robe, two nighties that button down the front for easy skin to skin action and of course access to the boobs, a nursing bra (I bought at Wal-mart for $15 and didn't even try on because it scared me), extra big panties for all those mattress pads at the hospital, and all my toiletries! BF packed little Zach's hospital bag a long time ago so that has been sitting in the hall for awhile, he did a good job with it and I only had to add a couple of things. He also packed his own bag that consisted off swimming shorts for the showers so he can be in there with me, a pack of cigarettes (yes yes he is a smoker please don't judge), extra pair of clothes and ALOT OF SNACKS! like half his bag is snacks! I'm sure I will be soooooo grateful he has them when the time comes..... I just need to create a list of what he can pack for me now, and what he will have to grab when I go into labour like cell phone chargers and stuff..... EEP! EEP! EEP! At work they started a "Pool" and are guessing what day and time the baby will arrive.......I can't even look at the board I am in so much denial!! Don't get me wrong I want to meet him right away and i'm sooo excited for him to be here sooon, but I am nervous about the unexpected journey for him to get here!! Also, I had a little talk with baby Zach last night and asked him if he was going to come earlier than my due date, to please make it until after November 23, 2013 so I can go see the Hunger Games movie in the theatre. hahahahahahaah!!
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Kristen - HAHA deep breaths girl! I bet you're more prepared than you think you are. Thank you for the compliments! You look awesome yourself! If I were at a restaurant and some man spoke to me like that. I'd pull the chair out from under him HAHA! I died at your reference to the "mattress pads". I'm sure people in my office will start taking bets as soon as I get close enough. Don't stress too much girlie, and get all the sleep you can!

Sylvia - I'm glad you're enjoying the house! AWHH pupppppyyyy! I love puppies. I actually just had to rehome Nala's puppy she had back in July. I of course kept Nala's baby in the family and gave the puppy to my mom. I can't have three hyper poms with a newborn. I'll stick to two for now. LOL. Girl. I took a picture of Ari's clothes and you can't even fit them all in one frame. I'll have to hang then up when we move and hopefully I can get them all in a picture. Thank you for the congrats! This is actually the second raise I've gotten since pregnant. I've been kickin ass and takin names at work. lol. My boys really value the work I do.

Angela - Thank you! DH now gets to experience Ari kicking him in the back when he tries to fall asleep. I'm like you complained for so long that she never moved for you..and now that she pesters you at night you wanna complain? LOL

Blaire - Thank you! We actually moved the shower to the next day..that sunday..good thing too because Saturday was yucky. I would love all the peter rabbit books. I had them as a child myself. One of the attorney's I work for is very tech savy and he downloaded and burned all the Disney movies for the gift. It was awesome because he took such time and effort to go through, download all of the old school movie posters, and made an index and personalized the discs. It's awesome. Everyone in the office knows I'm a huge Disney buff (they should I name my dogs after lion king characters and my office is full of disney stuff..and I wear disney shirts all the time...and have a giant snow white purse) so it meant a lot that he really personalized a gift, instead of running out to the store to grab something last minute like most men do.

AFM - I told you I'm going to try and keep up more often! I got so bogged down over the last few weeks but I'm hitting an energy surge again. I'm pretty sure we got the FINAL approval today to close THIS FRIDAY!!!! My Loan Officer emailed me and said the underwriter was done looking at the final and it went to the closing department and they are overlooking everything and checking it against the fraud list. So I'm sure we are 99.8% good to go. After we close Friday DH and I are going to swing by lowes, grab our paint and primers and supplies and I'll be painting all weekend. I may recruit some help. Then DH will move everything while I'm at work next Wednesday and Thursday! So by mid next week hopefully we will be in our new place and I can FINALLY start the nursery. Damn I'm so ready. I'm attaching a 31 week photo from today!

Hope everyone and their beans are doing well!
Attachments
1461799_10151678282727371_555525640_n.jpg
1461799_10151678282727371_555525640_n.jpg (83.21 KiB) Viewed 5243 times

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby chall » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:46 am

Ok, finally got brave enough to take a belly picture this morning, because I finally feel like I look more preggo than fat :) I know you ladies wouldn't judge, but I was feeling self-conscious. Here it is:
IMG_0469.JPG
IMG_0469.JPG (60.12 KiB) Viewed 5221 times

I'll write more later!
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Kissyten » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:49 am

Carol: Cute baby bump!! I think you look great! No need to be self-conscious.

Angel: Yay about being almost there with the papers and everything for the house! I can't wait for you to get going on the nursery, you are going to have a blast getting it all together! Your baby bump is so perfectly round and cute! At work they knick named mine the torpedo.... not sure why but I think it is becaus he is sticking his butt out and it is giving my belly a more pointed look now.

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby chall » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:56 am

Good morning ladies! Had my 20 week ultrasound on Saturday morning, and everything looked a-ok with baby. He/she measured exactly on schedule (19w, 6d) and all the body parts they looked at looked good, per the ultrasound technician. Only downside was that the little stinker was facing toward the inside, so she couldn't get really good profile pictures for us, or a really good picture of the heart that she wanted. She had me get up in the middle, go pee, move around a while... but, nope, stubborn little baby in there didn't want to move. She settled for a heart picture from the wrong side, and we did get some profile pictures. And we stuck to our decision not to find out the gender. Team green it is. She also made a dvd for us - I think I'm going to wait and watch that with my family at Thanksgiving since we're going up there to visit.

This afternoon I have another ultrasound for the new mom research study that I'm in, maybe baby will be more cooperative today :)

Hope all is well with everyone.
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:09 am

Hey Chicas! :)

How's everyone doing? Hope all is well!

Jenn - How are you girl? Haven't heard from you in awhile and missin' ya! how have you been feeling? Does your man's family know about your LO yet? :) How's ur bump comin' along?

Kristen - 16 days. AHHHHHHHHHHH!! Whoa! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see pics of baby Zach, hear your birth story, hear about all your postpartum experiences, etc. Try to calm down, sistah - And just focus on how amazing it will be to hold that lil' bundle in your arms. Several of my friends have given birth in the last month or two and they are like "It's SO AMAZING!" like they don't even know what day it is because they are so tired, but they are just in AWE of their little boys. hehe (all have had boys so far) I loved hearing about what you have packed in your hospital bag. Hadn't thought of swim trunks for DH, but that's a great idea! Cuz there will always be a nurse close by for that stuff, so sweet he wants to help you out! LOL about all his snacks. That sounds like me! I already told my DH I want him to bring me (after giving birth) a huge sandwich from the local deli loaded with cold thinly sliced ham. :) hehe I can't wait for the next Hunger Games movie too! Fun!! Keep us posted chica!! You know, if you give birth, you'll have a lot of downtime just chillin' with your baby, so make sure you update us on your cell phone. lmao

Angel - So did you close girl? Was your weekend a crazy frenzy of painting and hard work!? You must be exhausted but extremely happy! Fill us in! Can't wait to see some pics after things calm down a little! Your bump pic is too stinkin' cute - So round and perfect and it sticks straight out! Love it!

Carol - Thanks so much for sharing your baby bump too! Love it! You should have nothing to be ashamed about! You can totally tell you're rockin' a lil' angel baby. So cute! So funny about your lil' baby being so stubborn, though I know you can laugh afterwards, but during the appt, that can be frustrating! I remember my first trimester genetic screening u/s and Ariana was fast asleep and I had to keep shaking my hips and all, and the tech acted like it was my fault that she took so long getting back from her lunch break and for that reason Ariana was already in post-lunch-siesta-mode! :p

Roni - OMG - 3 days till you find out what you're having! I'm so freakin' excited! Woot! I bet you are dying of anticipation. Are you going to take the whole day off to shop like Angel did? ;) hehe You could only be so lucky!

AFM - I'm doing pretty well - Nearly to that 6 month mark - Wow, time is flyin' by! And yesterday I had some pretty bad uterus growth pains - Like that streeetcchhhh feeling all across my tummy - Luckily they didn't last all day, but I was pretty uncomfy for most it! Seems like Ari is on another growth spurt and my tummy's feelin' it!

We are loving our little Grayson pup - Here's a pic for you ladies! hehe He's already doing so good, learning commands and all in just the one short week that we've had him! :) Proud mama.

photo (1).JPG
photo (1).JPG (120.12 KiB) Viewed 5171 times

Hope you all have a fantastic day!
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kissyten » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:51 am

Carol: Awwwwwww I sure hope that little bubs cooperates for you today!! Maybe you should have a stern talking to him or her beforehand!

Sylvia: OMG what a absolute cutie!! I love the little spots on his nose! I just want to pick him up and snuggle the crap out of him! Congrats on your little boy hee hee! Once your baby girl is born then you will have one of each! ;) I'm surrounded by boys in my life...... in my house we have BF, Mojo (dog), Tidus (Cat), and of course little Zach that are all men/boys and then the downstairs tenant is a male and he has Brutus (dog) and two little boys who come down every second weekend! Since Lucky my cat passed away I am the only person with a vagina in the whole house!! 16 days!! EEP! EEP! EEP! I will def. make sure I let you guys know about the birth, postpartum, and all the other wonderfullness :) I can't wait to hold my little man.... my heart feels like it is going to burst everytime I think about how close i'm getting to snuggle and kiss him!! Hahahahaha I think we are twins because yesterday I was going through my birth plan and I informed BF that his first job after I give birth is to get me a massive turkey sandwich (deli meat turkey)... I then made a list of all the places that make turkey sandwiches and what time they are open until. He looked at me like I was a nut ball, but I told him that could be my push present and he started laughing hysterically...... he said "some women want jewlerry and other expensive items as there push presents..... you want a turkey sandwich!"

How is everyone else doing?! It has been awfully quiet on this board!!!

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups