SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

Postby Kissyten » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:53 am

One last thing.... I wanted to share with you my latest experience at L&D!!!

I was sweeping my floors proud that I was getting so much housework done even though I felt like complete crap......... I accidentally tripped over the cord to the vacuum and went crashing down right onto my tummy!! I had the broom in my hands still so couldn't brace my weight on my hands because I was more concerned at making sure the broom didn't hit me or the baby as I was falling. The pain after the fall was immediate and excruciating! I have a anterior placenta and I was worried it might have torn from the fall so I just sat there bawling my eyes out clutching my tummy until BF came running from the kitchen. He put me in the shower (I refused to go into L&D all sweaty and gross from cleaning all day), monitored me while I cleaned up making sure there was no blood, and then rushed me to L&D. By the time I got there I was feeling better pain wise, but my little guy wasn't moving around like he usually does around the same time, plus I was getting period like cramps in my lower abdomen.The L&D nurse immediately took me in and hooked me up on the monitor and I almost cried with relief when she found his heartbeat right away and it was going strong. She said I would stay on the monitor for 4 hours to see how he is doing and to make sure I noted any movement by pressing a button she gave me...... well for 45 minutes the little bugger wouldn't move!! We tried everything from jiggling my tummy, to turning on my side, to talking to him, to tickling his feet (he hates when we do this and always moves his foot out of the way)...... but he still wouldn't move!! The nurse then came in and gave me a nice big glass of ice water and told me to drink it all in one minute and sure enough he got pissed off and started moving like CRAZY!!! She told us that babies usually don't like the cold sensation when it reached them causing them to wake up and try and move away from the coldness. We breathed another sigh of relief and happily watched my belly dance while we listened to his heart rate rise and fall with the movements. As I was being monitored there was quite a few contractions registering on the monitor and they were pretty consistent so they were worried I was going to go into labour...... I told them not to worry about them because I have a irritable uterus and contractions are very normal for me on a daily basis. The doctor decided to check me and said my cervix was posterior (whatever that means), was still high, but was soft, and the OS of the cervix was open but I was not dilalated. She said that all this was normal for being at the stage i'm at. So I was sent home with the reassurance that baby was doing great and was not affected by the fall at all PHEW!

What a terrifying experience!!
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Blaire » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi ladies

Hope everyone is doing great, been quiet on here lately!

Carol, love the bump, and so happy to hear that 20 week appt went great! (I also had mine will fill in below) . Funny that baby didn't cooperate, and yay team green! Has the name conversations come up anymore do you think you'll be able to hold off the "jr" moniker if it ends up a little man?

Kristen- omg so happy to hear you are ok, that fall is scary for sure. Time to leave the housecleaning to dh ;) was your blood pressure ok thru it all? I keep getting scared of something happening and my blood pressure shooting through the roof. Surrounded by men! Haha you should have known even before 20 weeks what you'd be having ! :) hope you have a great set of gf's for some girl time when you need it!

Angel- how was the closing? All said and done did you get to move in and start with all the fun decorating? Nesting is so fun in your first home and first baby home ;). That is amazing that your coworker burned all those movies for you! I started googling sets and hopefully will be able to find something cuz I own all of 3 Disney movies as of right now. Love the bump, only a few more weeks to go till the holidays and new year. I can't believe December is just over a week away.

Sylvia- omg love love love Grayson (and the name - my gf named her little man - her son Grayson). Good to get started on puppy training right away, have you taught the "drop" right away as soon little Ariana will have toys and puppy will need to learn that! We've taught our pup that we used toilet paper rolls as when he was a puppy he loved to rip hem apart now we toss one into the hall and on floor and say ok, then drop it or no leave it and he is amazing at it. (Mind you he is 5 years old lol!)
Any new baby bump pics?

Afm:
I am still hiding at work some days, most surgeons and nurses don't know yet! (A baggy coat and I always wear scarves and I've tied them to cover the belly and massive boobs!)
We also had our 20 week last Thursday and everything looks good! Baby was lying faced down on their belly when we started the u/s then baby was not happy w the tech poking and prodding! When we were looking at the chambers of the heart the baby was elbowing her and flipped over. The baby also kept their legs closed so she said even she didn't get a look at what the sex was, so she was happy we didn't want to know as we would have had to get creative and work hard to get a clear shot! My placenta is in the front so no real kicks felt yet, still the odd bubble but nothing consistent so I can't wait till the next few weeks. Baby was about 17 cm and she said baby looks like they will be tall! (I'm 5'9" so pretty tall for a girl). We also saw the baby's lips move which was so cute!!! I'm hoping I'll get another u/a at 32 weeks but its not done w every doctor or everyone here so I don't know if that was the last time we see the little one until we officially meet them!
I've got my appt w the doc next Thursday the 28, then I guess one more before new year and they will then begin every 2 weeks!
Happy Monday everyone, have a wonderful week!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (136.04 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Blaire

Postby angelfacexx » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Hey girls, I'm a little exhausted so no time for personals today but I'll try and hit you back tomorrow at work.

WE CLOSED FRIDAY! OMG my hand is still sore from all that signing and then priming and painting all weekend. And can you believe getting to the house at 9am and staying until 8pm each night...I only managed to get the master and nursery painted. Those were my main focus. I'll go back and do the other rooms as I go. After all I have 30 or so years right?! LOL

I still have to finish the trim and do a few small touch ups. The color is a teensy bit darker than I wanted but it still looks good to me. I hope Ari loves it.

We're moving Wednesday. And then have thanksgiving and possibly maternity pictures the weekend after. And I may or may not be going to attempt to do some Black Friday shopping.

I have a 32 wk appt on Thursday. Will fill you all in and try and hit personals tomorrow!

Hope you're all doing well!
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby angelfacexx » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:26 pm

32 weeks!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (170.07 KiB) Viewed 853 times

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Kissyten » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:07 am

38 weeks!! Doesn't really look like there is a pumpkin in there....I don't think I grew any since my 35 weeks picture :( My shirt seems to literally be bursting at the seams though!

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:56 am

Hey ladies,

Here I am, 3:45 am, unable to sleep because I am nervous/excited all at the same time for my appt today.

angel- congrats on closing!!! Im sure it's a huge relief but try not to work too hard mama with all the painting! Sounds like this is the perfect time for you to bribe some friends with food if they help paint! Also loved your baby shower pics! You look adorable :)

Kristen- you look great! I cant believe your due date is coming up! So excited for you. Man, your fall scared the bejeezies out of me!! Glad you and baby are doing ok!

Sylvia- I WANT.YOUR PUPPY!!! Lol soo precious! If I had a house or at least a backyard (live in a condo with just a concrete patio) I would totally get a puppy!

Carol- love your baby bump! Don't ever be embarrassed to show us! All bumps are different and yours looks fantastic! Glad your appt went great! And with the baby not coraporating, I also have a wiggle worm so im anxious to see if it will make the scan harder or easier.

Blaire- I cant believe people still cant tell! Lol but if your in scrubs all day that makes sense. Working as a trainer unfortunately my work clothes are not so forgiving lol I wear tight pants and shirt all the time. (which is weird for me because I am a baggy top kinda gal) so people at the gym are starting to notice something is up. I wanna scream "im pregnant! Not gaining weight!" so people don't judge me as the chunky trainer since my body is unfortunately my advertisement >_< And very glad your appt went well also and your got to see the baby move its lips! How precious!

Sorry for those I missed!

Afm well you know ha I cant sleep!! Im thankful I scheduled a client right before my appt so I could pass some time without starring at the clock. I hope you ladies have a great day and I will update later this afternoon.
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:06 am

Hey Girls! :) How's it going?

Thanks so much for the compliments on our lil' Grayson - He melts my heart! My DH keeps sending me photos and videos throughout the day (he works from home) and I'm like OMG, if I miss my pup this much, what am I going to do when I have to leave my baby and you keep sending these adorable pics/vids of them both?! Ahhh! hehehe

Kristen - So funny how you're surrounded by boys! You are just doomed to have all boys - haha - Better move away if you wanna get that girl eventually! hehe Yay for ordering a massive turkey sandwich for your push present. lmao! That just made me crack up so much! I had heard about gifts after a lady gives birth but never heard it called that! Too funny! I had originally requested a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag, but now I've already bought 3 before Ariana arrives, so I don't technically NEED that. haha As far as my sandwich goes, I didn't give him options, I was very specific on the place and flavor and toppings! haha What a traumatic L&D story! Yikes girl! Sounds like you need to let your man do the cleaning from here on out! Be careful! That's so funny that ice water 'pissed him off' and got him moving again! Loving that bump! So cute! Gosh I can't believe you're 38 weeks. Wowza, before I know it, I'll be there too! It's right around the corner!

Blaire - Thanks for the tip on the "drop" command! We need all the help we can get with this lil' bugger! It's my first puppy - I had a dog when I was a kid, but didn't really pay attention to it - So this is all new for me! We'll definitely start working on that one with him! We are trying to accustom him to be an outside dog because he will eventually be real big, but for now, he sits outside our sliding glass door crying to be let in, especially when he sees me cuz he knows mama is the one that spoils him and cuddles him more than dad, his pack leader. hehe I'll try to get a bump pic up - I'm due to take a pic with lettuce and also my 6 month pic. Lol So I'll have DH take those and I'll get em up soon. Your LO is just presh! Love that profile pic of him/her!

Angel - Congrats on closing, chica!! :yay: One major stress down, just a few more to go before you can get settled in for lil' Ari to arrive! See? You had nothing to worry about! We all knew they'd approve your loan/purchase! ;) I can't wait to see your nursery! What color did you end up going with for the walls? Girl, your bump is amazing, it's like ALL baby - You are so tiny with this basketball hidden underneath ur shirt! hehe You're like those types of women that don't even look prego from the back but when they turn to the side it's like "Whoa! And there's a baby!" hehehe Unlike me that my boobs won't stop growing. I already dropped a wad of cash on new size D bras at Victoria's Secret, (was a C) and now they're poppin' out of them too and I think I'm leaning towards DD! Yipes! And I feel like I have back boobs too - Hence the reasoning behind why I prolly look chunkier from the back!! hahaha Oh my word.

Roni - Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk!! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait till you update us this afternoon! woo hoo! Meant to ask you if you have a strong feeling that it would be a boy more or a girl? I thought I'd have a boy but Ariana surprised us! Don't worry about people thinking you're a chunky trainer! LoL One of these days you will just pop and it will be quite obvious you are prego, but I can already tell you there will STILL be people that don't ask even by the time you are like 6 months along because that is such a sensitive question to ask women - I mean there are so many of my co-workers that still haven't said anything yet to me and I'm totally showing now! You can always drop lil' things while you're spotting them, like "Okayyyy let me back up so I don't smack you in the face with my baby" haha!

Hope everyone is doing great! I'm sick with bronchitis - with a cold - Have one of those really deep chest coughs and of course, that combined with RLP, it doesn't make coughing very fun! :( But I'm hangin in there, surviving. And just blowing my nose a lot and sucking on cough drops constantly to help with the cough/congestion.

Angela/Jenn - How ya ladies doing?! Miss you!!

...Was happy to hear from some of the other girls on TTC side - I was feeling really bummed lately that no one replied to my first post as I think of them often...So I sent out another shout out to them and finally go some responses. Really hope they have some good luck soon and join us over here!
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Well ladies my appt went fantastic. And my gut feeling was correct.we have a healthy looking baby..........GIRL :)

Im still in a daze so I will post pics tomorrow!! And I am off to buy my first baby girl outfit just to let the news sink in :)

Team pink!! :)

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:12 am

Here SHE is! Sorry can't get over saying it's a girl lol weird to finally know and sorry its so large!

She already has her daddy's nose :D

Her lady bits lol

I just loved being able to see her spine and bones! It was amazing!!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:44 am

:yay: :jump2: :future baby girl: :wave:

Congrats Roni!! :) Go TEAM PINK! So so happy for ya! Love those pics you posted too, they are just precious! Love that little side profile pic. So what was the name you were leaning towards if it was a girl? Do you guys have one picked out yet? How does DH feel about it? Mine was ecstatic that it was a girl. hehe I think that's what he wanted all along deep down.

Make sure you post a pic of the baby girl outfit you got too! Eeek! Now you have me itching to go shop for some little dresses! hehe

Kristen - Any contractions yet? ;) lol Thinking of you girl!

Have an awesome day ladies!! Just a little over a week till' we know what Jenn is having! Yay!
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:39 am

Roni - Yayyy team pink! 2014 is the year of the girls! Congratulations! I'm so excited to start seeing clothes and other baby items now that you know the gender!
I tried bribing friends and family with food and money and me helping them clean or something...My sister came to help and my mom..and my best guy friend(also co-worker).I didn't realize until after all the sellers furniture was out of the house...but the entire place needs to be painted. sighhhhh.

Sylvia- HAHAH it's funny you should say I don't look pregnant from the back because I had some little boys talking about my butt the other day in walmart...basically trying to hit on me..and I turned around to say something and the look on their faces was priceless. I bet they won't degrade another woman for a while. LOL. Grayson is stinking adorable, and I absolutely love the name! The nursery is painted grey, with white trim. I still have to re paint the trim this weekend and then I can actually start setting up the crib and everything.

Kristen - Girl, they should know you by name at L&D now. LOL. I'm glad everything is okay with you and zach!Holy batman! 12 days to go! I've been stalking the December thread looking out for a post that you're going into labor. I can't wait to hear all about it. I see what you mean about literally bursting at the seams. LOL. I think you've gotten rounder. I love it.

Carol - I know all about stubborn ones. Ari gives my OB a run for her money all the time. Now that she's bigger she can't squirm away quite as easily.

Blaire - I can't believe hardly anyone at work knows you're pg. I didn't even make it past 9 weeks with mine...they all suspected something was up since I looked like death and was sick all the time. Closing went well! So much signing and then painting. I'm still exhausted from the move.

How's it going Jenn? Angela? Kendra?

AFM - Had a LONG day wednesday moving everything...not to mention our cars clutch went out on the way to pick up the moving truck. Talk about luck. meh. Hopefully that will be fixed this weekend and it won't cost much to fix. I literally just replaced the clutch 2 months ago at a cost of $250.

I had my 32 week appt yesterday and get this..I am now measuring on time. So either Ari flipped in a favorable position or she and I had a growth spurt. I gained 4 almost 5 lbs in the last two weeks. WHEW! It's funny because I'm 32 weeks, my blood pressure was 132, Ari's heart rate was 132, and I've gained 23(flip it and it'll be 32) lbs. My OB was like "we're all about 32 this week huh!?"

I ordered Ari's crib wednesday and DH is going to get the carseat next monday because we have a coupon $20 off every $100 spent. So we're going to get our $300 carseat for $240 I think that's a good deal. Then for black friday the bottles I want are going BOGO(even the sets) so I'm going to get some of those. December 4th I'm taking a trip to Atlanta with my sister and nephew for an autism appt so we're going to do some xmas shopping and go to ikea so I can get some frames and other items for the nursery. The only must haves I have let to get is the carseat, bottles, and diapers. So here's to hoping I don't go too terribly early, I'll be happy anytime after xmas.

Thank you all for the belly compliments. DH is loving how round I'm getting..and I'm getting more "awwwwwwwhs" when I go out in public now.

I hope you're all doing well!

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Kissyten » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:07 am

Roni: Yep, that is definitely a girl! CONGRATS!!!!!! Another little girl for the thread! I'm starting to feel a little lonely and jealous that I am the only one with a boy so far. I love all the cute little outfis and decorations for little girls. Don't get me wrong I love my little guy, I just think there is way cuter options for little girls. Make sure you post a picture of the outfit you get!! I am so excited for you and DH!

Sylvia: I always have contractions, but they haven't progressed to painful ones so I'm guessing i'm not in labour hahahaha! I am having alot of "lightening crotch" again and the doc at my appointment yesterday said alot of the time that is a sign of the cervix softening and changing.... EEP! Little Zach has taken it upon himself to freak out because i'm assuming he keeps losing his thumb from his mouth! I feel and sometimes can see the bulge from his hand right above my pubic bone area and then all the sudden the hand will move and he starts turning his head back and forth trying to find his hand.... the feeling is pretty horrible because when he turns his head back and forth he is pretty much mashing my cervix and bladder and everything else down there at the same time. BF got freaked out the other day because he noticed a bump on tummy and grabbed it and it was his foot! We could see the outline of it and everything (kinda Creepy). Hopefully he comes soon!! I will make sure I update you guys here on if I feel like i'm going into labour and then announce everything once he has arrived. :) No need to stalk the December thread....... hahaha even though I know you will anyways because it's fun to stalk all the other threads.

Angel: YAY for Ariana measuring on target!! That is awesome! I bet she had a growth spurt. I was going to actually comment on your last baby bump picture that you looked bigger than the baby shower pictures. I'm glad you are getting some help with the cleaning. I LOVE painting, I wish I lived close to you because I could help you get your place all painted. ha ha about L&D knowing me by name! It is so true because I have been there a total of 4 time this pregnancy. FX they won't see me again until i'm in full blown labour.

AFM: Had my doctors appointment yesterday...... Zach's heart rate is good, i'm measuring 37 weeks instead of 38 weeks though, but the doctor said that she wasn't worried because it has to be more than 2 weeks off to be worried, plus she suspects that Zach dropped and that would decrease the fundal height. Also, I lost 2 pounds!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooo excited about this because I'm up 45 pounds since pre pregnancy...... Doctor said it was normal to lose weight at the end because your tummy is smushed like a pancake at this point so your not hungry as much and don't feel like eating because your so uncomfortable and huge. Also, I think I have been nesting...... Wednesday and Thursday of this week I have been non stop crazy cleaning and organizing, I have literally gotten a weeks worth of stuff done in 2 days and even after being on the go all day I can't sit and rest. The ladies at work say it is a sign that Zach will make his appearance in the next 2 - 7 days!! EEEEEEE!!! I can't wait!!

OH! I'm not sure if you ladies have heard about them yet, but last night I made myself some padsicles (28 in total).... hee hee.... I know some posts are on the due date threads. Anyways, I hope they turn out and BF almost peed himself laughing at me while I was making them. He then laughed even harder when he opened up the freezer and they were all there in freezer bags sitting on the door portion. If I have a vaginal birth I'll be trying them out and will let you ladies know how they work. ;)

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby hopeful#3 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:56 pm

hi ladies!
so quick post...
:D
IMG_20131118_152120_939.jpg
(229.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
hopeful#3

Postby vswright34 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Thanks ladies!! Will post more later but just wanted to say congrats hopeful on the boy!!!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby hopeful#3 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:17 pm

Thanks Roni!
Congrats on the Girl!
:D
Pink and Blue teams! Although I am really starting to feel alone like Kissyten! Seems like everyone else is having a girl! This little one was not going to let it be a secret. He was mooning the camera the whole time. I have another ultrasound on the 3rd because he wasn't cooperating and allowing them to see everything. He is also sitting right on my Sciatic Nerve, and is causing horrible pains on my right side. I actually was out of the office for a day and a half this week in pain. Trying to figure out some natural remedies, so that I dont end up on medications. This is the first one I've had that has done this to me! Any of you guys dealing with it and what did you guys do?
hopeful#3

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups