SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

Postby wrestlefan2 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:54 am

well, I caved in today when I told myself I should have. Only had ICs to take a test with. After about 4 minutes of the test I rushed it over to DF who did two different scans of same IC test (different settings on scanner each time). Here are the test results (darker in person):

Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013
1st BFP - 4/4/13 MC - Cycle began 3/4/2013. Ended 4/27/2013 @ 7 weeks 5 days (CD 54/CD1 of next cycle) (now in heaven)

2nd BFP - 1/12/14 (CD102 17DPO or 18DPO) Confirmed 2/5/14
1st Ultrasound - 2/21/14 (No heartbeat)
2nd Ultrasound - 2/24/14 (Confirmed died in womb)
D&C - 2/26/14 (will be going to heaven with her sibling)

TTC 3rd time - TTC/BD 4/7/2014.
wrestlefan2

Postby lukyj » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:55 am

Sarah, is that a BFP I'm seeing there????????
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby wrestlefan2 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:04 pm

Jenn - I sure hope it is. It is a complete surprise if it is as with the minor PCOS I have, I've not 100% sure on a true O date. This test is an IC with FMU, so going get a FRER and test again soon. I did test with a 2nd IC 3 hours after this test with SMU was taking and it was still easy to see with the naked eye. I have a CB Digital that I'm afraid to use right now, so that's was getting a pink FRER may help my decision on using the digital. If FF is correct, today would be around 17DPO.
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013
1st BFP - 4/4/13 MC - Cycle began 3/4/2013. Ended 4/27/2013 @ 7 weeks 5 days (CD 54/CD1 of next cycle) (now in heaven)

wrestlefan2

Postby lukyj » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:43 pm

I can see those lines clear as day. No squinting needed. I think a congrats is in order!!!!
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby wrestlefan2 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:38 pm

I caved in and got a FRER and took it. Here are the results of that test from an on average 17DPO (but I could also be as late as 22DPO and as early as 11DPO...but calling it 17DPo, since middle ground):

After seeing this, I took a CB digital and it came back as a BOOK ERROR...Boo!!! It was the last one that of those too. Didn't want to have to spend more money on a digital test.

Here is a video DF posted up. He's talking in the video:

http://youtu.be/560a-9Tm-1A
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013

wrestlefan2

Postby Blaire » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Woohoo congrats Sarah! So exciting! How are you feeling? :)
With your pcos etc will your doc want to see you ASAP?

So happy for you!
Blaire

Postby hopeful#3 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:12 am

Congrats Sarah! I posted on the TTC side too, but I am very excited for you. I know your doctor will wanna see you ASAP because of PCOS and the length of time since your last official cycle! But this is exciting. My sister-in-law also got a BFP after what they are calling a missed cycle, which means she didn't have an AF, but somehow seemed to time it right and ended of preggers instead! She is now officially 10 weeks preggers! Keep us posted girlie! Those lines are wonderful, no need for a Digital in my book!
hopeful#3

Postby angelfacexx » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:11 am

Congrats Sarah!

I'm still catching up. I suck. I'm sorry. I suck at social media now. I'm so exhausted
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby wrestlefan2 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:13 pm

Thanks for all the congrats and I'm so happy to be able to finally join this group. never though I'd see the day. This is truly a miracle as DF was told he had a 0.0066% chance of getting a woman pregnant each cycle. GOD truly does work miracles.

Angela - Congrats to your sister in law as well. Glad you like the lines. When DF saw them he fell to the floor..lol

Angel, I understand what you are going through. Enjoy your time with Ari. We will be here whenever you want to and are able to talk.

Now time to figure out how to tell parents once blood confirmed. DF's dad wants us married in church before having a kid (DF working on annulment), my parents want us married before a child. DF will stay by my side no matter what and we will get through this together, he is so wonderful to me.
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013

wrestlefan2

Postby Ibarrita » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:00 am

Hey Sistahs!

First of all, big huge congrats to Sarah!! So incredible how you joined us just recently - almost like you knew sub-consciously that your BFP was just around the corner!! :yay: That's one nice dark line on the FRER - I don't even think you need to get a digital either. That's like "Bam! You're prego, girl!" haha Really praying that this is a sticky bean for ya! Excited for you to go to the Dr.! Did you make your appointment yet? What a wonderful surprise to kick of the new year! That vid was funny too - your DF sounds so proud! cute! :)

Angela - Smoking hot deal on baby stuff!! Makes me want to skip on over to our Target too, to see if they have that style left! I mean, I don't need the carseat/pack-n-play/stroller cuz I have it already but could use the carseat and plus, that makes a freaking NICE gift for someone at a low low price! So happy for you!! The colors are great too! Cute bump too, I don't think you look huge! U look like all baby! Very nice!

Kristen - LOVE that Zach spam! He's so adorable! Super love his chubbiness and that tiny lil' smile you captured! How's his diaper rash doing? Getting any better? Poor lil' guy! Those were great tips you provided from your experience in L&D - I even started my hospital bag list with the items you suggested!

Blaire - Congrats on scoring the great deal on the play pen at Target too! woo hoo! And I do not even know how you are surviving in -30 weather! I've become such a southerner since moving down from Montana about 7 years ago! I cannot stand the cold! How much did your DH get done in the nursery?! :)

Angel - Huge hug to ya girl! I'm sure you're exhausted and do not worry about getting back to us just yet! Just cuddle that sweet lil' Ari and enjoy these moments! Chat us up when you're ready - trust me we all completely understand! (and will understand even more once our little gems arrive!)

AFM, the photo shoot in Mexico went great! Smooth drive going down and DH was amazing at navigating through the city of Monterrey - It's a few million people, so no easy task but he did great! The day couldn't have been more beautiful, in the 70's with a slight breeze. Gorgeous! got lots of different styles of pics - in trees with leaves all over the ground, in front of the mountains, in front of some awesome doors and brick walls, downtown area with the city Governmental Palace, and the giant Mexican flag - It was all a very surreal experience and in fact I wanted to cry when it was over out of happiness because this was something I dreamed about years before getting pregnant and it was finally a dream come true!! I cannot WAIT to see the pics! I should have some by the weekend. Even had a little surprise baby shower down there - Got a bunch of friends together for a pot luck and some brought gifts too, very sweet! Was nice to see a lot of friends at once especially since the trip was so fast!

Now this weekend I'm gearing up for my baby shower so I'm super excited for that! Hope we have a good turn out cuz I've got some fun games planned and some yummy Mexican food on the menu! :) I'm having an elephant theme with gray/white/fuchsia colors like Ari's nursery. Stoked!!

How's EOE? :) Jenn? Carol? What's new ladies?!
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby wrestlefan2 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:14 am

Sylvia - Want to make an appointment, but changed jobs recently and my new insurance won't be valid until Feb. 1 so I don't know what to do. DF said that he is willing to pay 100% out of pocket for the first visit. I just don't want the insurance calling this a pre-existent case if we go before insurance is 100% ready to be used. Yes it was a wonderful surprise to start of the new year with. Maybe you are right about me "pre joining" the group...maybe my body did know what was up before I truly did. When I took the ICs, DH didn't believe me and put them on his scanner to adjust them. He was thinking they would be squinters and hard to ready easily. After a few hours of the ICs, we bought 3 FRERs. I took one and we left the bathroom for 3 minutes like it said. When we went it DF held the stick and covered up the lines. He slowly removed his thumb and saw the control line. The he moved it over some more and was sad bc he was expecting the line to show already with hin the ditance between his thumb and control line. He then moved it all the way off the window and saw a darker test line than control line. He put down the test, couldn't believe it was happening and feel to the ground and started saying his blessings of shock to GOD Almighty. We then decided to use our only digital we had, but it came back as a Book Error. I know I may not need one with a test this dark, but I'm love to get one with the weeks on it so I can see what it says and read the words "pregnant" on it and hopefully see how many weeks it says I'm around.Maybe this weekend I'll do that one.

AFM- My boob pains are off and on but they are clearly still there. White bumps on both this time. Feeling dizzy every so often and very nauseous today. In school now for surgical tech. If I go by my O date, my due time may be around the start of next falls semester. I hope I can get something work out with school as I want to graduate on time with my classmate friends.
Last edited by wrestlefan2 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013

wrestlefan2

Postby Ibarrita » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:11 pm

Hey Ladies - Awfully quiet in here! Guess there are a couple new babies to cuddle :mrgreen: - What's everyone else up to?

Sarah - I understand about the insurance thing - My friend is in the same boat - She just got her BFP this month and had stopped the pill around October/November never thinking she'd get prego this quick. Well, she did and now she doesn't quite have her insurance "in hand" yet - They are still processing it. Well, Feb. 1st isn't really too too far away for ya to wait but I understand your urgency with PCOS and all. Sorry to hear that you are feeling nauseous - Is that getting any better? Hope so! Make sure you post a pic of your digi if you take one this weekend! :)

AFM, I guess now that I'm in the home stretch, I'm finally starting to feel the "effects" of pregnancy and boy, are they not any fun! I'm experiencing a lot of swelling still in my hands but now it's real bad in my feet. They look like pillows with tiny toes stickin' off of 'em! Even some carpal tunnel has started to creep in and the tips of my fingers go numb every once in awhile. And it's so painful to grip things! When I get home, I elevate my feet, but kinda hard to do at the office! (especially since most of my maternity clothes are skirts/dresses) This morning I woke up, took forever to just get my socks on, struggled to get off the floor, and then it was time to put my boots on - I huffed and puffed and finally got one boot on, but it hurt so bad cuz my hands were so swollen that I couldn't even grip the boot very well. I twisted and twisted my wedding ring and finally got that off my big fat fingers, and then I was going to try the other boot, I tried and tried to get that boot on and my fingers started going numb, just clenching my fist to grip/pull was killing me. Not to mention I was breathing like I had just run a marathon. I had just had it! I sat down on the side of the bathtub and had a good cry. Dang, it was so frustrating! DH woke up and came in and was very sweet, hugging me and massaging my arms/hands and helped me with the other boot. Rough start to my day, but my Dr, yesterday told me "Hate to tell you this hon, but this swelling is most likely just going to get worse." FUN! Oh well, luckily her arrival is just around the corner so I should be able to deal with just a lil over a month left, I hope! Sorry to rant, just one of those days!

So we have been keeping our baby name a surprise, but I just saw one of my best friends in Mexico when I went down there who is only about 2 weeks behind me with a baby girl too. She said she didn't have a name yet that she was real set on but she got me to reveal that our name starts with "A". When I got back home I got a message from her "We decided on a name, but now I'm worried and doubting myself because you mentioned yours starts with A and so does ours!" I said "no worries just tell me what it is, and I'll tell you if it's our name" - So she goes "Arianna" - I was like "yep, that's my name - just not with 2 n's" So that was a big shocker - She felt real bad and said she'd look for a different name but in the end I don't super care because we aren't changing ours and if she really likes the name, how can I ask her to change hers? I was just a little suprised she'd pick the exact same name (even tho' it is kinda common right now) - So who knows, maybe me and my BF with end up with a daughter of the same name?! :P Crazy.

Angel/Kristen/Angela/(anyone else who has sent out shower invites before) - Did you guys resist checking your registry all the time in the days leading up to your shower? LOL I admit, I'm terrible at surprises so I peek at it like 3 or 4 times a day. Then I start thinking like "man there sure isn't much gone off my registry, what in the world am I going to GET?!" hahaha Or I get super excited if something is bought that I really wanted. My DH is like "I'm going to change the pw on that thing if you don't stop checking it! Leave some surprises for ya!" but ooo man it's addicting. HAH!

Hope everyone else is having a great day! Miss you gals.
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:33 pm

I accidentally closed my reply. So I'm just going to wing it. I feel so bad for being MIA

Sylvia - I peaked at my registry at least once a day...not much was taken off of it..but at my shower I got a good bit of what I wanted. They just went and got the item from somewhere else. I went back after my shower and took those items off my registry I did get so in case anyone bought anything else, I wouldn't get duplicates. OMG I can't believe you're 34 weeks! I can't wait to see your Ari. I bet she had a head full of hair. I also can't wait to see your maternity pictures. Bummer about the friend choosing almost the same name. As for paging the nurse from my room, after I was given the pain medication and epi, I was literally in and out..and all I remember is screaming...when DH and mom came in the room they found me in there alone and screaming and crying...I don't even think I knew who I was much less to page a nurse. DH tried to page from the room but it was taking too long so that's why mom went looking for the nurse. The zebra blanket is actually a snuggie...lol..comes in handy in a cold hospital and breastfeeding! Since you can turn it around use as a robe or turn the other way and be warm. I also took my own pillow which was a GOD send! I packed a lot of things I didn't need. I stayed in my hospital gown the whole time. I didn't get blood and secretion on anything..not even the gown. My OB made the comment after I gave birth.."She didn't even get a drop on the floor"..I guess some women have a very messy birth? It's easier to tell you what I did need...I used my pillow and snuggie, coconut oil for my nipples after each feeding, socks and comfy clothes for DH. Socks for me. I went home in the clothes I came in. I also would recommend bringing your own towel.Hospital ones suck. And shampoo,conditioner, and soap. The shower they make you take after giving birth is AMAZING. That may have just been for me because I had been laying in a damn bed for 12 hours hooked up to all kinda shit.

Angela - I love your bump picture! Score on the baby items!! Hows work and everything?

Blaire- Whoop! Glad you were able to score some deals too!

Kristen- Love zach's pictures. His cheeks are so damn adorable. :D

Roni - How was your trip?

Sarah- I just wanted to say congrats again. I'm so excited for you to be able to take all the pictures you've been wanting to for so long. I bet DH is just thrilled. I'm so happy for you

AFM - Ari has developed a "witching hour" from the hours of 10pm-3am. Every night like clockwork she is wide awake and very fussy if she isnt being rocked or using me as a pacifier. lol. I got frustrated the 2nd day of it and sat in bed and just cried with her because I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I tried everything from gas drops to gripe water,buring, fresh diaper, rocking her, music, humming everything...now I'm just about used to it. I had my 2 week post postpartum appt today. All they did was prick my finger and check my blood pressure and weigh me. I've lost 15lbs so far. I weighed Ari while I was there and she's back up to 5lbs...according to the weigh yourself then weigh yourself with the baby. LOL. I took some newborn pictures of Ari on saturday and haven't edited a single one...I still have several other props and poses to do with her..hoping to do that tomorrow. I got some cute ones so far. I basically suck at social media now. I did want to mention a app that everyone should download on their phone..it's called "23snaps" and it's so you can spam friends and family with pictures of your children...it's private and only those you invite can view your photos. It's instagram for mommies. I want to add you all because I do daily pictures of Ari and it'll be an awesome way for us to keep in contact as we all start having the babies. :D :D if you decide to download it, please send me your email in a PM so I can invite you to view Ari's photos.
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby wrestlefan2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:54 am

Angel - Taken again for the congrats. Yes DF can't wait to take loads of pictures like you are your DH did. He can't wait to experience the whole 9 months. Sorry to hear about the "witching hour", but glad you are somewhat getting used to it. DF says he wants to be up if he can manage it to help with our little peanut.

AFM - DF & I are thinking of getting married before baby born even if justice of the peace or via court so the baby's birth certificate will say the her parents were married at time of birth. Also, yesterday (21DPO) I took another test. Below is the scan of the progression from 17DPO and 21DPO:

Called about the doctor and they was $850 to be seen now since no insurance. Called insurance, they stated if I go now it might be considered pre existent and they may not be able to cover it. I don't want that. I signed up for LaMom (part of louisiana medicaid) to help me out as well. Hope I get approved soon so I can set up my appointment. All I need is the member number info and I'm good to go. Insurance is still int he review status and they say it may take a few weeks due to pending obamacare.
wrestlefan2

Postby chall » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:36 pm

I'm still here ladies! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Things have been busy at work and home since the holidays. Angel and Kirsten - love the pics of Ari and Zach! I hope you are settling in to Mommy-hood nicely.
Sarah - congrats on the BFP!! So exciting!
Sylvia - ugh, sorry it's getting rough for you. That will probably be me in another 6 or 8 weeks. Can't wait to meet your little Ari.
Hi to everyone else!

AFM - I'm up to 28 weeks, 4 days.. third trimester already, hard to believe! A few things to update you all on...

I found out that my company modified the maternity leave policy to be 3 months fully paid! This was a huge surprise, and helps immensely with budgeting for the rest of the year. Previously it was 6 weeks at 50% pay (or $500 week, whichever is less), plus you could take an additional 6 weeks unpaid (which I planned to do). I even keep accruing PTO time while I'm out!

My mom and sister set a date for my shower - Feb 1. So I've been busy creating registries (Babys R Us and Amazon) for folks to shop from. Nothing purchased yet, since invites just went out, but I bet I will be checking it a lot :)

I had my third research study visit and got a couple 3D pictures of our little monkey! So amazing. I will try to get a picture up for you all to see. Monkey was estimated to weigh 2 lbs, just a little less than average (a-ok in my book if I have a slightly smaller than average baby to push out!). I also got my free car seat for completing the third visit.

DH is busy trying to get the home improvement projects done.. his dad is coming up this weekend both days to help try to knock out a bunch of work on the hall bathroom.

Less than 12 weeks to go... I can't believe it!
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups