SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

Postby chall » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Here's a 3D face shot!
IMG_0520.JPG
IMG_0520.JPG (30.16 KiB) Viewed 650 times
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Kissyten » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:14 pm

I am sorry for being MIA..... I tried to catch up on the posts but I don't think I was very successful of remembering everything everyone said... I blame the lack of sleep.

Sylvia: I checked my registry like 5 times a day!!! I was in the same boat where items weren't purchased off my registry.... However.... like 24 hours before my baby shower almost everything was purchased!!! I guess my friends and family are very last minute shoppers. I know some of them even bought the present on there way over to the shower the day of!

Angel: Zach went through a phase of the fussy time as well ad it was literally at the same time Ari is experiencing hers. She will grow out of it and then it will be something else you have to figure out ;). Are you getting any help so you can sleep? Don't worry about sitting and crying with her in bed I have done the same thing many many times. I find myself saying things like "Why the F@@@@ aren't you asleep!! PLEASE GO TO SLEEP!!" Exhaustion and post delivery hormones really mess with you head.

Carol: That is a awesome 3D picture! So cute!!

Jenn and Blaire: I know you posted and i'm sorry I don't have a personal for you...

So the diaper rash was a yeast infection and he was prescribed a canestin type cream for his bum. I jokes with DF and said we should take a picture of him beside the cream and later tell him we used snoozle bird (my childhood name for Vajayjay) cream on his bum. The yeast infection is gone and now he has a steriod cream we use to get rid of the blisters. Poor guy!! To top that all off he was circumcised yesterday and I think I cried more than he did. He is doing good today and doesn't seem to be in too much pain. Diaper changes take for ever right now and I feel so bad touching his little penis.
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby lukyj » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:07 pm

HI ladies!

Sylvia, I'm so happy your photo shoot went great! I can't wait to see some pics. Please spam us! LOL. I wish the weather was a little warmer in Chicago earlier in the season. Bf and I would like to do some pics as well. My cousin Holly has a friend who is just trying to get started in photography and supposedly she will do them at a pretty good price. I haven't even begun to think about what kind of scenery I would like. Sometimes I wish I was ready to pop in the fall so I could take pics with the leaves and their fall colors. I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with swelling and carpal tunnel. It sounds completely miserable. Holly had carpal tunnel real bad with Riley. She said it went away almost instantly after she gave birth. So there is hope! DH sounds so sweet. I'm glad that he helped you out. Sounds like something bf would do. Currently I'm starting to have trouble bending over. I think my belly grew over the last 2 days. This morning for the first time, I actually couldn't see any part of my pubic area so I could shave. I've gotten pretty good at shaving near the delicate area without looking, but the sides I usually have to see to get a straight line. I winged it. Hopefully I did alright. Bf isn't always around when I shower so I won't be able to rely on him all the time, should I decide to have him help. That is crazy that your friend chose the same name as you. I wonder if she will keep it. When is she due? Do you have friends that live in Mexico? Is that where the little shower was?

Angel, I"m sorry Ari is having a rough time with you at night. I hope it gets better dear. No one blames you for having a good cry about it. Thank you for the tips on what you found useful in the hospital.

Carol, that is awesome about your maternity leave. I keep meaning to call our administrator to find out what my actual benefits are. I'm pretty sure I get 12 weeks, but I'm not sure if it is paid, and if so, what percentage. So glad your little peanut is doing well! You don't have very much time to work out your registry before Feb 1st is here. Good luck!

Kristen, good to hear from you! I"m so glad that little Zach's yeast infection is gone. Poor little guy still has blisters. I hope they heal soon. That would be too funny if you took that pic! LOL.

I'm doing well. Just having really bad upper back pain. It's like this burning sensationright above my left shoulder blade, connected to the base of my neck. I don't know what to do to relieve it. Acid reflux is in high gear. I am having trouble sleeping. I have been waking up at least once or twice a night to pee. It's funny, sometimes I can go for longer stretches without having to pee during the day than I can go when I'm sleeping. I'm about two weeks away from not fitting in my last winter coat that still fits. Bf went shopping yesterday and he bought me 2 maternity tops. They are actually real nice. He bought me a lightweight sweater I can wear a tank under, or a cardigan over. He bought me this black short sleeve dressy blouse that is real pretty. That was the first time he bought me clothes without me picking them out. He did a real good job.

Last night we watched Lone Survivor. The movie with Mark Wahlberg about the nay seal men who were killed in Afghanistan. Great movie. I was tore up at the end. I was sobbing uncontrolable. Bf could do nothing but try to sooth me. He kept asking me why I was crying so hard. I could barely speak. I told him that I just love him so much. I never dreamed it was possible to love someone so deeply. That I was so thankful for him in my life and that I don't know what I would do if something were to happen to him. For those who don't know, my Bf is in the military. He is Army reserves now, but he did his 4 years active, and was in Afghanistan for over a yr, fighting the war. He was even shot in the leg while he was there. He was hit by a ricochet bullet that initially flew past his head. So he could be dead today. But some angel was looking out for him that day. He loves the military. He would kill for a chance to go back to a war. He is very good at what he does. His contract is up in Feb some time and he has been dead set on getting out this year. Well now he is talking about signing for another year, but reclassing. He is infantry now, but is thinkin gof changing his MOS. If he changes it, he will have to go away for 2 months to go to school for his new job. I want so bad for him to be done with the military. It scares me to death that he will get deployed and not come home. I just want him to be happy that he has his dream job of being a police officer, and concentrate on being the best cop that he can. He has almost 9 yrs in the military now, I can't ask him to give it up. He knows how I feel about it. I've cried many times during many discussions I've had with him about it. I've told him recently though, that if he doesn't want to get out then he should stay in. I don't ever want him to feel resentment toward me because he feels like he got out to please me. One of the things that made me fall in love with him was his dedication and belief in the military. The military helped shape him to the man I love today. I just think things are different for him now. He has his dream job. He has his daughter, and now we have Madeline coming soon. I don't know how to ask him not to do it. It's not like he would be active duty. It would be great if he could stay in the reserves for at least another year because that opens him up to have some more benefits avail to him for our children. I guess I have a problem with fearing the unknown. I'm just scared.
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ibarrita » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:16 am

Hey Ladies - Good to hear from you!! :) Hope you guys all have a fun weekend planned!

Angel - Thanks for the hospital bag tips! Coconut oil huh? We just usually started using it for cooking and I know it has gobs of benefits/uses and using it for nipple cream was a new idea to me. Pretty cool! You know, one friend recommended to put a little apricot scrub on my nipples in the shower and gently scrub each of them for about 15-20 seconds every time you shower for 1-2 months before giving birth. Her mom swears it helped her a ton and my friend said it only took a couple days for the soreness to go away too. It kinda tingles and stings but I've started doing it now - whatever helps in that dept I'm willing to try it! Sorry to hear about Ari's witching hour - hopefully it's a temporary thing - but glad you are somewhat getting used to it. 15 lbs down already huh? It's amazing how quickly you shed lbs right off the bat. That's encouraging/comforting to me!

Carol - Congrats on reaching your 3rd tri!! Sweet! Very exciting you have set a date for your shower too - Do you have some type of theme? Color scheme? I love that 3d pic! So cute! I wish we could do one but we are just not going to spend the $ right now. Very adorable tho. Awesome you got your free carseat too! Nice!

Kristen - Glad that lil' Zach's yeast infection is clearing up. Snoozle bird?! :rofl: That's pretty funny! Right now DH and I are discussing what we are going to call private parts in Spanish - and how we'll refer to potty/poo in Spanish as well. He's like "we really need to start talking pure Spanish right now or else it will not come as naturally when she arrives" but sometimes I'm like ugh so tired and just want to talk to English but I know he is right and am trying to practice speaking all Spanish so she picks it up from us too, eventually. ;)

Jenn- LoL I know what you mean about belly sticking out too far to groom down there - OMG a blog article lately called it the "lady garden" I think it sounds so cheesy and crude but kinda funny at the same time. hahaha But I was showering last night and realized I have to like push in my tummy and stretch out my neck pretty far to even try to see it - I am thinking the days of me shaving down there myself are nearly gone. You are pretty brave to try it yourself w/out looking! I would be too freaked out of slicing myself. 8O Yes I do have lots of friends in Monterrey, Mexico where I went to school and met my husband. My GF down there is due about 1-2 weeks after me (she can't really remember the 1st day of her last period so they're just estimating beg of march) and I'm pretty sure she is sticking with Arianna <--just a dif spelling. Oh well, it's okay! And yeah, they had a mini shower for me (basically a potluck with a few gifts that I was so not expecting!) - So I've had one in San Antonio, one in Monterrey, and my big one is tomorrow! So excited! Sorry to hear about your back pain! Do you have insurance to go to the chiro? I get a pain right above my shoulder blade a lot too, but DH knows how to adjust me, but I would say I need adjusted like 2-3 times a week to even be able to deal with the pain! So sweet DF went and bought you some new maternity clothes! And even better, that you liked 'em! ;) What an amazing story about him being in Afghanistan. I don't blame you for not wanting him to risk having to go back! When the papers came for DH that he needing to register with the US to for the draft or whatever, I was so freaked out that I just tossed the papers which could have actually gotten him thrown in jail (I later found out, tho it hasn't happened since the 80s) and well when it came time to apply for citizenship, we realized he needed to be registered and I had tossed the papers! Luckily when he got his residency, he was automatically registered thank goodness but the whole idea of him going off to war freaks me out too!

Well ladies, I have a few pics to share with you! :) - I like how they turned out - Was hoping they'd send me more with the mountains in the back cuz I don't really like that one much, but he has only sent me 18 so far and there are 350! I'm excited to see the rest but for now here's a little sneak peak. ;)

Maternity Pics

rgalvan-1-sm.jpg
rgalvan-1-sm.jpg (214.71 KiB) Viewed 620 times

rgalvan-11-sm.jpg
rgalvan-11-sm.jpg (186.57 KiB) Viewed 620 times

rgalvan-13-sm.jpg
rgalvan-13-sm.jpg (193.25 KiB) Viewed 620 times
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:19 am

A few more...:)
Attachments
rgalvan-17-sm.jpg
rgalvan-17-sm.jpg (203.08 KiB) Viewed 620 times
rgalvan-6-sm.jpg
rgalvan-6-sm.jpg (245.59 KiB) Viewed 620 times
rgalvan-14-sm.jpg
rgalvan-14-sm.jpg (217.21 KiB) Viewed 620 times

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:38 am

Hey girls, just popping in here real quick to let you guys know i'm still here.

I am not gonna lie having a real hard time coping with my parents gone... they officially left yesterday so i was crying all day yesterday and today. may be a while before i compose myself plus i'm sure the preggo hormones aren't helping. but at least Lil Addy is helping me feel better. when i feel really down she kicks me, so i poke her and then she kicks me again. this goes on for about 5 min which is enough time to make me smile again.

I promise as soon as i feel more positive i will be on here posting personals just not feeling up for it right now.

Also finished the lil rocker for Addy, i will post pics of it later.

Congrats Sarah!!

Sorry ladies for being a "wet blanket" but i swear i'll be more positive next time. miss you ladies.
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby lukyj » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Roni, I'm so sorry your parents leaving is taking a toll on you :( That's so cute that Addy is now kean enough to know that when you poke back it's like a game. I'm glad she puts a smile on your face. Maddie does that for me too. When I don't feel her for a while and then she starts jabbing me, it makes me very happy.

SYlvia, I love your pics! The ones you posted are great! I like the ones where you are both wearing grey. As for shaving. I just go slow. I use a real good razor tool I have a mens Schick Quatro. It's great.

I didn't know you went to school in Mexico? That's pretty cool. What school did you go to? I bet you are super excited for your shower tomorrow! I would be too! I'm sure you will have a great time.

I do have health insurance. I do believe they cover chiropractic care. I should look into it seriously. Bf can rub the area pretty good but I think it needs more than just a massage. Last night I had the hardest time sleeping yet. New problem, my his were killing me no matter which side I layed on . If I layed on the left, my left hip killed. If I layed on the right... FInally I just layed on my back for a while. I still feel the most comfortable sleeping on my back, but they say you aren't suppose to so what am I to do?

Why would you throw those papers away? Did you read them thoroughly before you threw them out? I'm just curious. I'm glad that it worked out and he didn't get thrown in jail. That woulda been real bad, LOL. It really scares me to death BF going back to the war. He wants to though. He misses it. He was airborn infantry. He would jump out of helicopters with a huge gun strapped on his back. Basically, he is front line combat. He was constantly under live fire when he was there. It scares me that if he went back, next time the bullet might not just ricochet and hit him in the leg. He watched one of his best buddies and a couple other close friends get blown up by an IED. His buddy's body was blown in half. It's just awful. And that is just one tragedy. He lost a few more buddies to roadside bombs. Suicide is all to common too. He lost at least 3 guys to suicide in less than a years time. One of them came home form the war and within a few months, blew his brains out. These guys go in so young and so naive. Bf says that these war video games are mostly to blame for that. These young guys think that it would be so easy to go over there and just shoot at people. No it's not easy. BF slept with a loaded 9mil under his pillow. You are afraid for your life every day, every night. Most of these guys just can't handle the mental stress it puts on them. Then when they come home, no one can relate to them. The only people they can talk to are military counselors and psychiatrists, and they don't know what these guys are going through. None of them have experienced war. They just know what they've learned in books on how to deal with PTSD. A lot of these guys take their lives because they just don't know how to deal. It's very sad. My boyfriend has a much different mindset. He really does have the personality for being a soldier. For him, getting back into real life was hard more so because he was so used to being on guard all the time. Loud noises would scare him. He would see things on the street or on the road a t night and it would take him to flashbacks of suspicious stuff on the road in Afgahanistan. He had a lot of nightmares. He said he would wake up screaming at night. He siad it took him about a year of being home to finally function normally. I hate to see him go back and then come home and try to go through all that again. It is a selfless career. Some who join, go in for the wrong reasons. Those who stay do it out of a true sense of serving their country and making a difference. To willingly put your life out there, knowing you could get blown up or shot by a 50ml bullet that will shred your body to pieces at any time. That is true selflessness. My bf truly believes in this country and what it was built on. He wants to be part of that elite group of men who will fight and defend those who cannot defend themselves. This is why he wanted to become a police officer. So knowing that about his character, how could I ask him to give up what he is good at, what he believes in?

All right. Enough depressing talk. Babies!!! Yeah!!!!
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:51 am

Good morning ladies!

Roni - Aww sorry to hear that you are having a tough time with your parents leaving. I'm sure it's magnified since you are prego and are more emotional. I think it's completely okay to have some good cries - it helps you to deal with it better. Thank goodness for technology like Skype that helps us to feel closer to our loved ones even though they are oceans apart from us! I hope things will start getting easier for ya. :hugs: How do you guys like having the new (to you) car? Must be excited that just around the corner you will look in the backseat and see your sweet lil' peanut there. So excited for ya!

Jenn - Hey there! Thanks for the compliments on my pics. We had a blast during that shoot. I'm so excited to get the rest! I had a great time at my shower. :) - I'll post pics later! I went to school at the Tecnológico de Monterrey (Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education in English). Regarding the papers, I'm sure I did not read them thoroughly - I was young, newly married, and freaked out at the thought of the possibility of my new husband going off to war. I realize now that it was definitely not a good idea, but live and learn! Sounds like your BF is a bad-ass but yet at the same time due to all the trauma he has experienced during his time overseas and post-service, he will continue to need a ton of support and that's awesome that you can be that for him! It sounds like you have quite a catch - a selfless, admirable man - Happy for you that you are there for each other and building a family together now. Are you guys planning on lockin' it down any time soon? Have you talked about it at all? Has the drama with the ex died down at all lately? I hope so! Wish you all the best - that's an amazing story!

AFM, I had a wonderful though exhausting weekend - Friday night I spend the entire afternoon/evening preparing for my shower. I was starting to get grumpy at the end because I felt like I was doing soooo much for my own shower, but I felt bad asking others for help. We had some company arrive from out of town at midnight and we stayed up till about 2 am talking - So the next day for my shower, I was naturally zonked! But the shower was beautiful, and lots of sweet ladies showed up - 3 or 4 brought their sweet babies, so I got lots of lil' baby cuddles in! Everyone once in awhile, a couple of the 3 month old boys would puke all over their mamas' arms. LOL I was like "oooh boy, I'm in for it!" You think about all the excitement of having a baby and kind of forget the not-so-fun parts of it all. But hey, it's all worth it, I'm sure! hehe I got a lot of wonderful gifts - I'll try to post some pics later - A couple of my favorites - An elephant rocker and elephant mobile from Pottery Barn. An adorable sock monkey girl hat, hand crocheted by a friend! 4 or 5 pairs of Michael Kors designer shoes, and the very necessary Rock n' Play! Yes! :) I also got lots and lots of diapers - Score! Most of the clothes I got are 0-3 months or 3 months so I was feeling a little stressed out because like 99% do not have gift receipts and she basically has TONS of 0-3 and 3 month outfits now, so I guess I will need to sort through them and not take the tags off all of em' because I don't see her wearing everything! Best part is, now that my shower is over I currently have the green light to shop! yay! hehehe

Hope you are all doing well! Wonder how Skinny (Kendra) is doing?

Wish you all a fantastic week!

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby wrestlefan2 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:23 am

Doing a quick check in today. Had a scare last night and DF was distraught and started crying. When to the bathroom and after I was done, wiped and saw a tinge of blood on the toilet paper. It scared both of us. We haven't BDed since the BFP since we are worried about hurting the little one. We'd feel better getting it checked by the doctor first and get an opinion on what is best with BDing for our situation. A few hours after the bleeding I found, there was no more to be found. When I woke up this morning, I was worried. I collected some FMU to test to see what's up. I wiped and saw no tinge of anything. Feeling better I tested and luckily it came back as still a BFP.

Happy days are still here.

Found out that I should be approved by Feb 1st for insurance. That's a week from this Saturday. The office told me if I get the number that's all they need and they can use that with out having the card in hand so I can be sooner rather than later. Fx that the info comes in soon.

Starting to think on house issues...whether a 3 bedroom 1 bath 1100sq ft home will be big enough for a family of 3 kids and a dog. Thinking if we should rearrange the rooms and switch my DD's and DF's DS's room (will depend if the baby is a boy or a girl...though we are hoping for a girl now (Baileigh Celeste)). A lot to think about in the coming months for us. We know it will be rocky and hard with only making about $35K a year. We don't have any credit card or car note debt so that's a helping hand. DF thinking about getting 2nd job if needed and if he more than likely will need to ell his PT Cruiser for a bigger car. Also we want the baby to have married parents so we are probably going to get married before the baby is born to make this pregnancy and baby more legitimate in the eyes of our family.

Enough about me.....So how is everyone else doing today?
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013
1st BFP - 4/4/13 MC - Cycle began 3/4/2013. Ended 4/27/2013 @ 7 weeks 5 days (CD 54/CD1 of next cycle) (now in heaven)

2nd BFP - 1/12/14 (CD102 17DPO or 18DPO) Confirmed 2/5/14
1st Ultrasound - 2/21/14 (No heartbeat)
2nd Ultrasound - 2/24/14 (Confirmed died in womb)
D&C - 2/26/14 (will be going to heaven with her sibling)

TTC 3rd time - TTC/BD 4/7/2014.
wrestlefan2

Postby lukyj » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:49 am

Hey Sarah, don't worry about seeing that spot of blood. I had a little spot right about 6 weeks. I called my dr freaking out. He said not to worry that it was what they still call implantation bleeding. He said implantation bleeding can occur anytime in the first trimester. He said as long as I didn't have much and it didn't progress to a flow like a period, not to worry. SO I didn't and everything was fine. I only saw it the one time.

HI Sylvia! Thank you. To me, my bf is an amazing person. I can only imagine the things he has experienced that he doesn't tell me about. He has said that he is afraid I would look at him differently if he told me some of the things he has had to do in war. I just remind him that those things he had to do to survive and fight for our freedom do not reflect the man he is, those are just things that were part of the job. But nothing he has done in war, could make me love him less than I do. All of those things shaped him to be the man he is today, and how he has handled those experiences. He has nothing to worry about. We haven't really discussed getting married. I don't really want to get married while pregnant. I want us to have a church wedding (if possible, due to him being divorced). His divorce is still pretty fresh and he doesn't want to run off and get married before the ink is dry. We havent' had any drama from his ex lately. He told me yesterday that she actually asked him yesterday how I was doing. That if the baby was kicking yet. I was shocked that she was being so nice. She actually invited him to go with her and thier DD to some convention they had with all these dinosaur replicas. They did that on Monday. He said she played nice. But then later that night she wouldn't answer his call so he could say goodnight to his DD. So she is still exhibiting signs of bipolar. He said she texted him at 1 am that night saying they were busy when he called and that DD was then sleeping. Yeah no Sh!t Sherlock, it's 1 am. He was pretty irritated. She told him she was busy giving her a bath. He was like "she couldn't call me after her bath?" I swear, she toys with him. She is not balanced in her head.

Man, I can't believe you have just about 30 days left! That is crazy!!! Can't wait to see pics from your shower!

Where is everyone else???? I hope everyone is doing well!

Bf and I went to Burlington Coat Factory yesterday. They didn't have any winter coats in my size that were remotely appropriate for Chicago's winter, especially how cold it has been and seems to be continuing to be. So just as we were about to leave I decided, hey, why not look at the men's coats. So I found a very nice, super warm men's 3 in 1 Ski type coat for $60. I bought a men's large. hopefully I won't get bigger than the room in that coat. Besides, hopefully by the time I'm huge, the weather will improve dramatically. So I weighed myself today because I forgot yesterday. I'm up to 146 lbs! I was 143.5 last Tues. How did I gain 2.5 pounds in 1 week? I also measure my belly. That hasn't grown since last week. I think baby has crept higher though, so maybe I did grow, just not outwardly this week? But 2.5 pounds? Dr said a pound a week! Well, I go to the dr next week on Tues. They are doing my glucose test then too. Hopefully I won't put on much by next tues. I'm going to do my darndest to eat well this week. I think I'm going to need the large size maternity pants soon :(
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ibarrita » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:18 am

Hey Everyone! Hope the quietness means that you're doing well! Miss ya!

Roni - Are things getting a little bit better now? I hope so! (hugs)

Sarah - Sorry about your scare - I wouldn't worry about a tinge of blood unless it comes back and heavier. From all I've read in the past, that is very common for you to spot a little during the first tri - I know how you feel though - It took me several weeks to not check the TP after every single wipe! You get so used to it during the TTC months, and it kind of carries over to your pregnancy. That's awesome your insurance kicks in soon - That will be such a relief for ya! I think your 3 bedroom home should be okay - Like you said, you can always put the baby in with one of the other kiddos, be it boy or girl, and I'm assuming the baby will be in your room for awhile anyway like in a bassinet near your bed, at least that's what we are planning anyway! :p So nice you have no car note! At least that helps a little! Baby stuff is EXPENSIVE - but you can really find some good deals on Craigslist that are practically brand new (m thinking about buying my swing on there cuz they're so darn expensive and there are many that have been hardly used on there!) - And once you find out the sex, you may have a friend that can pass you clothes!

Jenn - Sounds like your BF's ex is pretty whacko - but at least she is trying to make things work a LITTLE with him anyway - I hated it when my ex-sis-in-law used to not answer the phone when my bro called his kids - Like they don't care how important it is to the other person to say g'night to their little ones! And it's the kids that suffer, that's the sad part! :( - Instead of just "paying back" the ex, they are hurting the kids in the process. Nice that she asked about you though - That's progress! :) Score on getting a coat! Glad you found one that worked - I'm so thankful to be in TX where we don't have much cold weather - but it looks like tomorrow is bringing freezing rain and temps in the 30's so all are in a panic here like "Will it snow?!" bahaha - I admit I'm a wuss now in the cold weather (after growing up in Montana), but it's definitely nothing to be scared of! Girl don't worry if you gain more than 1 lb in a week! I had a little growth spurt between about 24 and 27 weeks too, where I gained more than 1 lb per week but then it kind of evens out and later on you may find you don't gain at all, or lose a lb here or there - You'll be fine! You're looking awesome so far!

AFM, I know I owe you ladies pics from the shower - I've been kinda bummin' about that tho - Because one of my friends took like 22 pics at my baby shower and posted them on FB before I even got home - And she tagged me in all of 'em including one of my maternity pics that I had not personally shared on FB, but was in a frame at the shower, so she took a "Picture of the Picture in the Frame" !! And you can imagine the EXCELLENT quality of that photo! ugh - I was like so annoyed - I hate when that happens - I quickly untagged myself so that I could share the high quality pic later on myself -but the whole thing just kinda irked me, so over the next few days pretty much everyone had already seen all my shower pics because of this particular friend and I haven't even had a chance to get my pics off my SLR camera to post. Doubt I even will now because now people have pretty much seen 'em and I don't want to spam them! But I will definitely try to share a few on here soon.

I'm feeling more and more ready now that I purchased a lot of the remaining items off my Target and Amazon registries using gift cards or cash that I was given (and by using my 10% completion discount, score!) - Was able to get all the items that I felt were necessary to really feel ready and now I'm getting more excited! I'm honestly getting kind of sick of spending money on stuff now - and think I'm going to kind of put a halt on it unless more cash/gift cards come in from friends/family. Everything can add up so quickly and I'm also trying to focus on saving for maternity leave! I'm finding it really hard to find elephant art for Ari's nursery - I guess I'm just kind of having a brain block as far as decor goes -I have a couple DIY projects planned but I don't even know how good they will turn out - Have been browsing Etsy but everything seems so expensive ($30-$40 for prints alone, not frames!) and I cannot justify it right now. Anyone have any ideas for DIY elephant art? Hehe

Kristen/Angel - How are you ladies doing?! How's mama-hood treating ya!? Quick question - Do you ladies use your baby monitors at all yet (if you have one?) I'm debating on whether or not it's necessary or not to have one - Of course the one I want has color video and all that crap and costs like $99 but as I told DH, that's not extremely necessary. Heard a lot of mixed reviews on whether people even use em or not. Just curious..

Angela/Carol/Blaire - How are you ladies doing!? Please give us an update! :)

Hope all is well!! Take care, beautiful pregos! :) :pregnant:

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:47 am

Sylvia- just popping in. Loved your maternity photos :) I am doing better, I will update a tad later when I have more time.

As for the elephant pics, you could easily paint your own for cheap. Just find some artwork online that you like. Sketch it on a canvas or art paper(cheap at Michaels, Walmart etc) and you can paint it in. Doesn't have to be abstract since it's going in a nursery, just something cute and simple :)

Here is a pic of one I found on easy but would easy to copy and paint yourself.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/63151096/nu ... h_type=all

Or another options is to buy cheap pieces of fabric and making an elephant stencil and just gluing the pieces together to make a fun funky elephant look that matches your nursery exactly like you want. http://www.etsy.com/listing/170068861/b ... h_type=all
Something like this would be adorable! You can glue the fabric on thick cardstock paper. And there are a ton of colorful paper at Michaels that you can use instead of fabric! Which would be cheaper and like I said you can customize it however you like!! Let me know if you need anymore help :) love DIY projects!

Hope that helps! I wish I saved the card of the person who did the ones in my room. They look like canvas but they are copies of her original art and it was super cheap. Just had to buy frames. If I find her online store I'll let you know :)
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:24 am

Quick reply to Sylvia- I have a monitor I got as a gift, I've used it twice. I plan to get a video one once I return to work so I can watch what's going on while I'm at work
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Blaire » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi ladies

Sorry I've been Mia as I was out of town for a work meeting and it took everything out of me.im currently on the 5 hour train ride home since I didn't want to fly. I will try to catch up somewhat and sorry to those I missed or didn't get full info on!

Sarah the other ladies are right don't worry about tinge, if it flows then worry and call.. I went to ER here at 8 weeks as I had major bleeding the day after a pap (don't let them do one!) I had brown blood which I expected then a good day and a half of red. With free healthcare here I. Canada I went to ER and they did do an ultrasound to find hb but told me there wasn't anything they would have been able to do. Keep the bd or anything on hold for as long as possible and until you have seen doc etc. dh would not go near me or make me feel bad for not participating in even small foreplay since he was scared also.

Jenn - happy to hear there is some progression w the wacko ex. Hopefully it continues- happy tonhear you found a coat also, my dressy one I think will be retired this week. It was on discount at target for 20$ and I can wear it not pregnant, but happy to have a proper one that fits as its back to -30 windchill here (Celsius).

Roni, hope you are doing better now w the family gone, not that time makes it any easier but routine and knowing little addy is getti g closer to arriving must help. (and your mom will be back to visit right!)

Sylvia love all the pics! You look amazing! Did you spend sometime in Mexico when you went down and relax like a mini Babymoon? That sucks about your gf posting pics! I told everyone don't post about the pregnancy or any photos of me unless you see i have done! So far it's worked and I finally put a good belly shot up a few weeks ago.

Angel and kristen - how are the little ones and you both doing! Send more pics :)
Blaire

Postby Blaire » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:02 pm

Forgot to post more for me!

So majorback pains now midway down my back and it just seems like nerves around in the size of a tennis ball etc ache. I use one of my dogs balls to be able to drive or sit for more then 10 min. Hoping to book a massage for tomorrow but who knows if I'll get around to it. Also think little one loves kicking my ribs as just under my boobs now I get major pains that only go away Webern I gently massage area down, (like pushing baby feet away!) I hope that means baby is head down already. I've got Bother appt on Thursday and should be every 2 weeks as of then.
Thinking I won't make it till 37 weeks w work like I though as I'm too uncomfortable and will likely take my 4 weeks vacation I accumulated by not taking any time off last year. Up here we are very fortunate to get a year mat leave (paid) so I will get to spend lots of time w the wee one.

Have a great rest of the day and weekend ladies! TGIF, I'm going to be sleeping by dinner time I think.

:)
Blaire

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups