SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

Postby wrestlefan2 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Decent new for me today. Got an e-mail stating that I'm approved and accepted in to the health plan that I chose. Also got approved for medicare to help cover the pregnancy and first few months of baby's life. Called to make my appointment, but since the health plan coverage doesn't start til next Saturday (the 1st), the office said 'm going to have to wait until the Monday after to call and make an appointment.

I'm going to try to make it for that Wednesday (the 5th) as I'll be roughly 8 weeks, give or take a few days, if I calculated my O date correctly.

On other good news, DF is working on his annulment so we are one step closer to being able to get married (or at least validated, if we get married before baby born) by a church.

Thanks to everyone about the tinge issue. It helps me out greatly.

Blaire - DF and I tried to have fun last night, but couldn't get anything to work out so we stopped. We are probably going to wait until everything is talked to with the doctor before we try anything else.
Last edited by wrestlefan2 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013
1st BFP - 4/4/13 MC - Cycle began 3/4/2013. Ended 4/27/2013 @ 7 weeks 5 days (CD 54/CD1 of next cycle) (now in heaven)

2nd BFP - 1/12/14 (CD102 17DPO or 18DPO) Confirmed 2/5/14
1st Ultrasound - 2/21/14 (No heartbeat)
2nd Ultrasound - 2/24/14 (Confirmed died in womb)
D&C - 2/26/14 (will be going to heaven with her sibling)

TTC 3rd time - TTC/BD 4/7/2014.
wrestlefan2

Postby chall » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi everyone, TGIF!

Sarah - I too had a tiny bit of spotting around 6 or 7 weeks. I totally got scared because that's how my miscarriage started last April. But, like yours, it went away. I'm sure your doc will tell you all is well :)

Jenn - Sorry you and BF have to deal with his wacko ex... sounds like maybe a little progress is being made though. I hope it continues! Glad you found a coat. I haven't been able to wear my pre-pregnancy one since like October :oops: I lucked out and got a maternity one from a friend. And try not to stress about the weight gain.. I was up 22 lbs at my 26 week checkup! The doctor will let you know if there's anything to worry about. Mine told me to be careful at 14 week appt because I was up like 14 lbs. But then the next appt I lost a pound and I was back on track - so it all evens out :) Good luck on the glucose test!

Sylvia - Sounds like you're really getting ready now! I am starting to feel very behind. I hope getting baby stuff at my shower next weekend will help me feel a little more prepared.

Blaire - ugh sorry about the back pain :( I had a day last week that I had a pain in my back on one side just above my hip.. not fun. It seems to have gone away now though. Hope you get some relief soon. I still mostly feel all my kicks down low, or sometimes on the side. But at my last u/s baby was indeed head-down. I guess s/he just isn't into stretching out to kick my ribs yet (I'm sure that will come).

Hi Roni, Angela, Angel and Kristen! (did I forget anyone? hope not)

AFM- I can't believe the 30 weeks mark is coming up on Sunday! I've got a doctor appt on Monday morning, and then I start every-2-weeks appointments. In the last week or so I feel like my belly has popped out more. I guess we'll see what the measurement says on Monday. And next weekend is my shower, super excited for that :) It's going to be at my mom's house - very casual, a nice get together with some good friends. I'll be flying up there, and then my mom will drive us back and spend the following week here visiting. I also finally decided on a glider/rocker chair that I like for the nursery! It glides and swivels and is quite comfy. We have to go back to the store to order it soon. I can't think of much else to update on, hope everyone has a great weekend!
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Kissyten » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:15 am

Sorry for being MIA!! Life has been hectic.......I will do personals sometime this weekend when I have time to catch up.

Sylvia: I have a video monitor that I bought for $100 on sale (originally $150). We have used it only a handful of times. I think the urgency of the monitor depends on if you are going to be putting LO in her crib right away or have her by your side in a crib, bassinet, etc. while you are sleeping. The reason why I don't use mine is because I still cannot lift Zach out of the crib because of the reasons i'll explain soon. So he sleeps in his playpen or swing right now, so no need for the monitor.

AFM: I was in the emergency again two days ago because I was still bleeding ALOT! Turns out I still have a infection in my uterus and a huge clot the size of a baseball. I'm on some more antibiotics and they say the clot should pass on it's own........ i'm on bedrest until it resolves. :(
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby hopeful#3 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:07 am

Good Morning Ladies!
All has been sort of quiet in here lately! Hopefully everyone is doing well?!?

Kissyten - I am so sorry that you have been dealing with all this crazy stuff! Gracious! I cannot believe that they didn't bring you back to check to make sure the infection is gone. I hope you feel better soon, and can get back to being mommy without the bedrest. Waiting on more Zach spam!

Angel - How is little Ari doing? Sorry to hear about the witching hour you are dealing with. Trust me, it will get easier. You guys will fall into a routine. Don't worry about crying, it happens to all of us. I still have moments when I wanna break down and cry, and mine are 9 and 7! :D

Sylvia - I love your maternity photos! :D You guys look so happy. I cannot believe you are right around the corner in delivering too! How are you feeling? Do you have all your stuff ready to go?

Roni - Sorry you are taking your family leaving so hard. Soon you will have a little one to keep you occupied.

Hi Blaire, Carol, Jenn, and Sarah... Hope I didnt miss anyone! If I did, I'm sorry! :D

AFM - there is nothing really to report. Just feeling large and in charge! Got my crib, and going to set it up with the hubby tonight. :D This should be fun! We have a huge difference in opinion in how we should set up the nursery. :D I will win. Don't wanna piss off the pregnant lady. I have my 30 week appointment on Wednesday, if we dont get more snow... YUCK!!!! Still have the snow on the ground from last Tuesday! I live in Virginia! We aren't supposed to get snow.

Here is my photo update... :D Are you other ladies still updating the belly shots?[attachment=0]30 Weeks.jpg
Attachments
30 Weeks.jpg
30 Weeks.jpg (11.67 KiB) Viewed 607 times
hopeful#3

Postby wrestlefan2 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:48 am

Angela - that belly is looking beautiful. Only a few more weeks to go and the little one will be here. I agree, don't mess with the preggos. My DF tries to help me the best he can with everything, but he has his way of getting on my nerves and not doing things 100% how I want him too. In the long run I also win. Can't wait to see the completed nursery.

AFM - They are looking to see if schools may be cancelled so my DD and DF's DS may not have school tomorrow. They are saying a chance of slurries, ice, sleet, or possible up to 1/2" to 2" of snow. I know for some that doesn't sound like a lot, but being from the land of mardi gras and wrestlemania 30 (yes new Orleans...well we are really 5-10 minutes away from new Orleans) we are not use to any type of snow down here. Normally 50 degrees with a decent wind is very cold for us...lol.

We took the kids to see Monster Jam Saturday and DD to see the circus yesterday (DS was with his mom that day). The loved this past weekend and it was great family time with all 5 of us together (have to count the sweetpea in me as well).

Also started taking belly pics this morning (6 week 5 days). I know we can't see much of a bulge with me being a tad heavy set (5'3" about 190 lbs size 14-16 pants to give an example...but DF always says I'm not fat and that my belly is beautiful and there is just a little more of me for him to love) and that I'm only almost 7 week.
The only way I can truly notice a change in my belly right now is that I feel more bloated and had to unbutton and unzip my jeans on my way home from the circus.

How's everyone else doing?
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013
1st BFP - 4/4/13 MC - Cycle began 3/4/2013. Ended 4/27/2013 @ 7 weeks 5 days (CD 54/CD1 of next cycle) (now in heaven)

wrestlefan2

Postby chall » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Don't have time for a long post, but I had to share a funny story:
Had my 30 week checkup this morning. When the doctor was using the doppler to listen to the heartbeat, it sounded a little funny, like there was a little hitch in the rhythm. Just as I was starting to think to myself "gosh, is something wrong?" my doctor smiled and asked "can you feel that?". Turns out our little monkey just had the hiccups :) (and no, I didn't feel it).
Me (Carol): 34
DH: 35
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
BFP on 4/9/13, MC on 4/26/13
BFP on 7/27/13, EDD 4/6/14

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
chall
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ibarrita » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:15 am

Hey Sistahs! :) How are all doing? Well Texas is in a panic because supposedly we are supposed to have super low freezing temps and possibly snow, but I'm at work and so far no precip whatsoever and it's about 37 degrees out. lol I'm sure you Northerners will get a good laugh out of that - But at least it made for way less traffic this morning on the way to work, with schools closed and all!

Roni - Hey you! Thanks so much for all of your ideas! You definitely inspired me! I spent all of last Friday afternoon/evening crafting it up with a friend and made various projects for the nursery! I was so happy! Thanks a lot!

photo 2 (1).JPG
photo 2 (1).JPG (231.4 KiB) Viewed 571 times

Angel - The video ones allow you to watch from work? Wow! Cool! I hadn't even thought about that researching that feature! Will your DH be taking care of baby? Or who do you have lined up for childcare right now? My DH will be home for a few months at least - But although he works from home, he does get called into the office sometimes, so I dunno how that's going to work! Hopefully my boss will allow me to escape when he has meetings and such.

Blaire - Thanks for the compliments! :) - Definitely was not a relaxing trip to Mexico, DH and I both worked a couple hours that morning and then drove down there during the day - Got there around dinner time and the next day was photo shoot, hit up a mall/movie, and went to a potluck dinner that evening. Left in the morning (Sun) to come back! So it was super fast but still got to see a lot of friends. :) Sorry to hear about your back pain girl! Did you make it to a massage? I hope so! They can do wonders for ya! I also get those sharp pains right below my chest - Many times she is backing her bum right up into my ribs or is flipped around and jabbing me with her shoulders or whatever - I have found (if you are at home) that getting down on all 4's and rocking back and forth kinda gets her to move down a bit - Because having her that high is sorta painful! I guess she'll be dropping here soon, so that will be nice. You get a YEAR paid?! Lucky duck! That's so amazing!

Carol - I'm excited for you for your baby shower! How fun! Hope you get some nice stuff and enjoy that time with your special friends. So since you are flying, are you just asking for $/gift cards? I figure things like a pack n' play and stuff would be hard/expensive to haul back on the plane! So cute about baby's hiccups. I think I've only felt Ari's a couple times and that was earlier on like in the 25ish weeks or so when the "kicking" feeling lasted consistently for awhile and I figured that's what it was!

Kristen - Yikes! So sorry to hear about the clot, girl! :( That's scary! Glad they figured out what it was anyway, and have you on bed rest. I'm sure it's hard when you want to get up and move around. Has it passed yet? Hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

Angela - hey there! I've been feeling pretty good aside from dealing with this swelling/carpal tunnel/and rib jabbing. hehe I'm just trying to get used to it because I'm pretty sure these symptoms are here to stay because I have them ALL day every day - Loss of sensation in my finger tips (carpal tunnel) and the cramping is so weird and makes it hard to write and I have like 2 pairs of shoes that fit but it's all good, I'm on the home stretch now! :) Still sleeping through the night and all so I feel very thankful for that! I don't feel super ready yet - My to-do list is real long but I am slowly whacking things off the list and at least now I'm set with clothes, diapers, wipes - (main things right!? hehe) and am putting the finishing touches on the nursery! Did you end up buying that baseball bedding? What color did ya'll decide to paint the room? Girl, I told DH that the laundry room and nursery are "my rooms" in the house and he can just back off. Lol I do ask his opinion sometimes and "sometimes" I do what he suggests, but for the most part, he assembles the stuff and places it just where I want it. hehe Love that belly! You're all baby! Super super cute! I'm starting to get those comments like "you look like you're about ready to pop!" or "Every time I see you, you are looking bigger and bigger!" Well that would make sense because I'm carrying a 6 lb baby that keeps growing and growing! Ugh - I don't even feel huge yet - but yeah I'm still taking the belly pics. Will try to share one with ya'll soon.

Sarah - Good news about your insurance! :) excited for you to go to your appt. Hope you get an u/s of your little jelly bean! Love those early ones that show the tiny miracle of life just starting! Great you've already started taking pics of your belly even if you aren't showing yet - I started at like 4 weeks (LOL) and it's fun tracking the changes throughout the whole pregnancy once you do start showing!

AFM, we took our birthing class on Saturday - It was informative (tho most of it I feel could have been researched on the net just as easily) but looonnng - All day, 9-5 - we did the fast track option. I was familiar with a lot of what was taught but did learn a few new things - enjoyed the hospital tour - just knowing where to go kind of put me at ease - seeing the rooms, etc. And girls, I dunno what it was but I had this overwhelming urge to cry throughout the whole class! Just thinking about the arrival of our sweet little girl, I just wanted to cry out of happiness! I seriously had to work hard to resist the urge to cry and when she started talking about them pulling the baby up onto my chest for skin-to-skin immediately post birth, a tear even escaped. Dunno why I was so freakin' emotional but it was pretty crazy. Guess it's these prego hormones!

I'm already at 36 weeks. Whoa! It's getting real now!! Pretty soon, in just a few more days, I'll be able to just respond that my due date is the 25th without even mentioning the month! Wow! Our puppy, Grayson, Is getting super cuddly these days - He loves to come and climb into both mine and my DH's laps and he NEVER did that before. I feel like he can sense the baby is coming soon! If he's not in our laps he brings his toys and plays right beside our legs, like he MUST have contact with us or he cries. Lol it's pretty sweet.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well, and for those in the south that are getting snow and not used to it, stay safe and warm! ;)
Attachments
photo 1 (2).jpg
photo 1 (2).jpg (147.8 KiB) Viewed 571 times
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 am

Hey ladies! I am back, sitting at the Dr office doing my stupid 3hr glucose test. I apparently failed my 1hr.....4 weeks ago but they let me know I failed YESTERDAY.... thanks alot stupid Dr office... :doh:

Sylvia- those turned out so amazing!! I told you it would be easy you just needed some inspiration :D and now you have something that is completely unique to you and baby Ari's nursery. I can't believe you're so close to the end! I feel like all of our pregnancies have gone by fast!(minus the first trimester haha) and I was the same way when I toured the maternity ward but ill tell yal mare about that a lil later. Btw how did you make those dividers? I wanna make some!

Sarah- congrats again! As for the spotting, try not to worry, I spotted early on my dr also put me on 'pelvic rest' the entire first trimester which was fine with DH because he was so nervous about sex anyways. Just remember there is alot more blood flow down there so you will spot from time to time. And can't wait for your first apt! My dh still says that his fav ultrasound was at 10weeks when baby looked like a gummy bear haha

Angel- hope you're doing good girl and the 'witching hour' has stopped. Gotta give us mama's expecting girlie some words of wisdom:) can't wait to see some ari spam!

Kristin- you poor thing! Geez you have had it rough these last couple of weeks, hope you are feeling better now!

Carol- so jealous your baby shower is coming up soon! And how stinkin' adorable you heard her lil hiccups :)

Blaire- you get an entire year of pd maternity!!!!!!! I get four months unpaid :( lucky duck! I wish the united states(california) supported new mothers more by helping support them. But I guess since we can't control our own debt problem we can't expect them to help us out haha. (not trying to start a political argument;) )

Angela- your baby bump looks fantastic! I still bump envy you haha!

Sorry for who I missed!!

Afm just sitting at the Dr office bored out of my mind... still annoyed at my Dr office for waiting so long to tell me. I have an appt after this and I will let that office know exactly HOW irritated I am!!

Went on a tour of the maternity ward last week, dh and I had a blatant actually know some of the nursing staff in the maternity ward which makes me feel a lil more at ease. But we could not stop giggling because some of the very interesting couples there. One was a couple that looked like they were 17-18 years old. The guy kept frantically taking notes, I thought he was either going to give birth or pass out he looked so panicked haha another couple we referred to as the amazon. She was 6'2 and was not fat just really tall, broad shoulders and with a wee lil balding man. He was like 5'8. He looked either drunk or stoned but every time she looked at it I thought he was either going to pick him up and throw him across the room or bite his head off hahahahahah I was dying.

Should be getting my new carpet next week! Can't wait because I can finally start organizing the nursery. Also been getting stuff together for maternity and newborn photos which I cannot wait to do!!

I think that's all for now. If I remember I'll post later since I still have two more hr until this test I over haha miss ya ladies!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:48 am

29 weeks :)
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Blaire » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi ladies

Just a quick note! Love the crafts Sylvia! I need to get moving on some. I didn't get to massage, sigh! I have my baby shower this Saturday so might try to book one for the morning (it's at my house since like 25 people are coming its the biggest without having to rent, so my mom, sis and BFF are kicking me out).

So here in canada we get options of either 40 weeks or 52 weeks off.., paid but it is a scale -first 18 weeks my company tops me up from the 70%the government pays me to 90%. And then after I get 70% then down to 55% I think, I really should look more into it. If dh wasn't working for himself he would also get 5 weeks paternity leave (we are in Quebec and they offer this).
We have some of the best benefits in the world for new moms, but healthcare is tricky here. I hope we get the hybrid of public and private (which is kind of starting slowly here). I don't think the health of a child should be determined by if a parent can pay or not and people shouldn't lose their homes if they get sick. Who knows though nothing is perfect and I know you all are going through things in the US w Obama care etc. I go private if necessary for some tests etc and am covered by private insurance for something's and pay out of pocket for others.

Aneyas this was supposed to be quick, roni, love the new pic! What a cute bump!

Carol is yours Saturday also! You checking your registry all the time like I am!

Sylvia, busy weekend in Mexico! Ya I keep massaging w my palm under ribs to make baby go down. It's awful!

I have an appt on Thursday then should be at every 2 weeks!

Have a great evening ladies, it's another cold one here -20 Celsius and windy I almost got blown over a few times... I have just about retired the work heels and am so happy to do it!
Blaire

Postby wrestlefan2 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:04 am

Roni - the pic looks great. Only a few more weeks to go and your little girl will be in your arms.

Sylvia - the crafts are amazing. If I had a separate room for the baby, I'd love to do a special craft to decorate it, but a room will have to be shared so I've got some thinking of what to do in my case.

AFM - well today is 7 weeks 1 day. Can't wait for Monday as I will have my insurance intact (starts Feb 1, but that's Saturday). Hope the check with an ultrasound that day. DF hopes so too and he wants to see it to know for a fact our little peanut is in there as he still doesn't believe it and say he know he will after seeing that.

DF has a plan on how he wants to tell his close friends. But we agreed it wouldn't be until at least 16-18 weeks in before we tell them to be safe. He cosplays (costume plays) as a chef from a video game for his conventions (if you want to see and idea...look up "tales of symphonia wonder chef" to get a pic of the characters he dresses as), so for that site and his friend who do that with him, he want to dress in his wonder chef outfit and have us both stand in front of the oven while it's open with a few packs of hamburger and hot dog "buns in the oven" with a sign hanging that says "future cosplayer baking".

After that, trying to figure out a way to tell our parents in a creative us type of way. DF wants to do a little video of the family and end it with a video of the baby's ultra sound in there. Make in an unlisted youtube video that no one can see unless they have the link for the video. Not sure if I'd like that idea or something else. Now, DF is wondering, and I can't remember. When we go to our ultrasound...I know we may be able to get a video of it, not sure if all the time or what visit we can do that at..been so long for me...lol. Curious does it have to be a VHS tape or can it be a DVD Recordable disc as well if we want video of it and do we have to supply it. If I remember right we do, but I can't remember right now.

Had lots of fun these past two days with the ice/sleet we had (closest thing to true snow we get in new orleans...and only once every 3-5 years). Made a ice/sleet man man and DF and our kids had fun playing on the trampoline in the stuff. The trees are still covered with a little bit of the ice at the trunks.

Funny weather we have here....we get the ice Tuesday....cold enough to stay Wednesday and a little this morning...by this weekend, it will be in the 70s again only to go down to the 40s something next week. Gotta love it. No wonder why our cold still remain...lol
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013

wrestlefan2

Postby lukyj » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:02 am

Sylvia, that sucks about your friend. How rude of her to go and post your pics without asking you first. I hope you can still get a few to us for viewing. Did you guys end up getting bad weather? It has been just cold here. Now we are suppose to get 6-8 more inches of snow tomorrow. It's been a crazy winter. I love the crafts you created. What are the circles with the numbers on them?

So, just when we thought things were becoming cool with the ex, she pulls some stupid crap. My bf posted a pic of his face on Facebook that the ex took of him when he was at her house playing with his DD. DD had covered his face in paint but it looked like he had war paint on. Well I clicked "like" on his pic, along with 62 other people. Well someone told her that I liked his pic and she flipped a lid. She called him telling him that I'm disgusting, that how dare I like a pic that has anything to do with her DD. So she sent me this crazy email. Telling me that don't I think I'm disgusting for liking the pic that was taken in her house, with her pic hanging on the wall i the background. That bf has been spending numerous hours at her house making sexual advances toward her and that he has been sexual with her and she doesn't condone it. That if in the future I could refrain from liking anything to do with her DD. So the bad part about it was, bf called me after he talked to her, screaming at me for liking the pic. Telling me he told me never to like anything on his page. I told him that I had been liking pics he has posted on FB for months with no incident. Now, that she has flipped her marbles, now it's an issue? I was so pissed off at him. We got into a huge arguement about his reaction toward me over it when I didn't do anything wrong. We ended up not speaking to each other the rest of the night. Went to bed and woke up yesterday not speaking to each other. Then he tried calling me at work yesterday and I couldn't take his call, so we hashed it uot through text messages. He made me cry. Then somehow I finally got through to him and made him see how he made me feel and he apologized. So yesterday afternoon, he was trying to call the ex to tell her where to pic up DD and she started saying more crazy stuff to him. She is seriously mentally ill. Bf and I are worried that she is not going to let DD be in ur baby's life. That she is giong to do everything she can to prevent it. I told bf, what business is it of hers if I like a pic you posted on a public social media site. It was a pic of YOUR face, not hers. It had nothing to do with her whatsoever. I told him that I have a right to do whatever I want to. You are my boyfriend and the father of my child, I am not going to tip toe around for her. I told him I am tired of not being able to live my life completely with him because he keeps trying to keep up this charade to keep her calm. It obviously doesn't matter. She isn't calm and is finding stuff to get upset about anyway. I told him I can't take this stress. I don't need it.

Anyway.

Blaire, I'm glad that you got a coat too. We've had a bit of a taste of your weather around here in Chicago. It was like -14 the other day with -40 wind chills. I hope you have found some relief for your back pain. I have been having a lot of dicomfort in my lower right ribs. I will go more into that though. That is great that you get so much maternity leave. I am seriously jealous. I only get 6 wks paid if natural, 8 weeks if c-section :( But Family Medical Leave act says I can take up to 12 weeks.

Sarah, I'm so glad that your ins went through. I hopw you can get a quick appt and everything goes smoothly.

Thanks carol! I hope your baby shower went well and you are enjoying your time with mom! How cute that you "heard" peanut hiccup :)

HI Angela! Your bump looks great!

Roni, you look great! I can't believe they didn't tell you right away. Did they draw blood the first time or just prick your finger? I just had my glucose test on Tues and she just pricked my finger and said my sugars were in perfect range. Such a relief. I hope you pass the 3 hour one. What all did that involve?

Kristen, I hope you are getting well dear. That is so awful that you still had an infection. I hope this doesn't screw with your ability to have another baby in the future.

Angel, I hope you are doing well too!

So as for me, I told you all above about the ex drama. I had my dr appt on Tues. It went ok. The dr scolded me. He said I'm not drinking enough fluids and I'm starting to get dehydrated. Then he scolded me for still having so many issues with constipation. I told him I've been having rib pain on only the lower right side for about 2 weeks now. He is concerned about my liver function so he had the nurse take blood. I probably won't get those results until next week. I asked the dr about what I should be doing at this stage, i.e. birthing class, hospital tour... He said whenever we have a day off to call to get a tour. He said he doesn't recommend birthing classes though because he feels they set expectant moms up for disappointment. Especially first time moms. He said there is no cookie cutter birthing experience. He said I don't need a class to tell me how to breathe. So I'm trying to be more serious about taking the stool softeners and drinking my juice, eating more fiber. I've got to work on my water consumption. Other than all that I'm doing well. We got to see little Maddie. he said she is in the breech position and she was facing us. It's amazing how much bigger she is even now 8 weeks later. Only her head fits on the u/s screen now. I asked him if he could reconfirm she is still a girl and he was able to get a good shot between her legs. She is def still a she :) My mom met with the urologist on Tues. She discussed her plan to fixate her bladder once her uterus is removed. All my mom is waiting for is for them to call her with her surgery date. I'm working on my invitation list for my baby shower. I'm thinking it will be either March 8th or the 22nd. Probably the 22nd though. Now I need to start working on my registry. I feel kind of overwhelmed by it and I haven't even started.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. I'm so excited for the super bowl. I'm a huge Peyton Manning fan so Go Denver!!!
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby angelfacexx » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:28 pm

Hey girls,

I promise I haven't forgotten about any of you. I'm having some difficulties with life atm. LOL. So...I've been having to go back and forth to the pedi since Ari was born..weight issues..Today we went for another weight check up and she didn't gain a single ounce in the last 10 days. Which frustrates me because I KNOW I'm feeding her the correct way and I nurse on demand. She eats around 5 hours a day and she cluster feeds like crazy during the day. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. My pedi must think I'm lying to him when I say how often and how Iong I feed her. I have to go back again on monday and he said if she doesn't weigh at least 5lb 3oz on monday they will need to evaluate my feeding her breast milk. I'm frustrated in myself as a mother. First she wasn't gaining weight in my womb and now she isn't outside the womb. WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG?

As yall also know I'm cloth diapering...guess who's wash machine just broke this afternoon...

I adore all the pictures and updates, I really wish I could address yall in more depth right now but I'm holding shrimp(Ari's nickname) and feeding her for the 15th time today.

p.s. girls pee shoots across the room as well. I'm ready for the next SMEP babe to be born!
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby wrestlefan2 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Angel - I hope you can find some answers about the weight issue. DD was a low weight baby for a while even though she ate a lot. One day she started gaining the wait. I hope yours does the same as well.

AFM - I was able to call in the doctor's office and got an appointment I from this Wednesday. Unfortunately my OB is not in the office this week so I'll have to see her midwife when I go, but I heard she is very good to deal with.The nurse said that based on the start of my last cycle (which started Oct 3rd), I could be anywhere from where I think I am up to 18 weeks already. But she said with me having PCOS they may have to do an ultrasound to be on the safe side just to see if I'm truly pregnant, and if so, where between 8 and 18 weeks I truly am at. She asked if I was noticing any weight gain or stomach changes, but I honestly told her that since I'm a little overweight that I really couldn't tell. Fingers crossed for the best.
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013

wrestlefan2

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Hey Pretty Prego Eggos! How are ya'll doing? Thanks so much for the compliments on the crafts! After Roni inspired me, I kind of just dove in head first and I'm happy with the results so far!

Roni - Here is the link for the closet dividers - http://honeysuckleblog.blogspot.com/201 ... l?spref=fb How'd your 2nd glucose test go!? Hope you passed! Great that you had a fun tour of the maternity ward. Those couples DO sound crazy! Who goes to his baby's birth drugged up? He must have been freaked out! hehe What are your ideas for your maternity and newborn pics? Did you ever end up buying those cute little angel wings? I bought the ruffly skirt! It's being made now - I cannot WAIT for the newborn photo shoot! You have such a super cute bump! Don't you just love the maxi skirts? So comfy! I have 3 or 4 that I've worn the whole last stretch of my pregnancy. Love them!

Blaire/Carol - Hey ladies! How did both of your baby showers go? Hope you had a blast!

Sarah - I'd recommend instead of ever asking if you can buy the video to just ask your doctor if it's okay if you video the ultrasound screen, and take it with your phone. From what I've heard, the quality on those DVD's is not so hot anyway, so my DH just took lil' videos with his phone. What an exciting time when you are thinking about how to reveal the pregnancy! I already have tons of ideas pinned on how to reveal baby #2!! hahaha I know I'm crazy - But there are some really cute ideas you can use with your first baby! Maybe you guys want to involve the kiddos? That'd be so cute! Wow! 8-18 weeks is a big difference! I'm excited to see how far along you really are!

Angel - So sorry to hear about your frustrations hun! Lil' shrimp just doesn't want to put on weight huh? I hope she gains before your next appointment so that you don't have to switch to formula feeding! Can you pump at all to figure out how much she is actually getting? (how much you're producing?) You can sometimes find deals on washing machines at those Sears Outlet centers - They have super reduced washing machines with just nicks and dings on 'em! Hope you get it up and running soon or find a not-so-expensive replacement! How stressful! Hang in there girl! :hugs:

Jenn - Those circle things are closet dividers to organize all her clothes! The weather was not too bad here -Just got real cold (30 for Texas lol) and the roads iced up one day and all hell broke loose cuz ppl don't know how to drive but other than that, okay! I cannot even believe that drama with your BF's Ex! What a drama queen! She sounds so obnoxious and girl, I would have been so pissed off too, if my BF would have sided with his ex like he did against you by telling u not to like anything. I would have told that witch "He's my BF and the father of my child as well, so I can like whatever the hell I want on his Facebook page!!" I mean, c'mon! You two are the ones in the relationship now! Not her! She needs to butt out! Its sounds like she's super jealous! Sorry you have to deal with that! Shame on your BF for getting pissed at you too and telling you not to like anything on his page. I would have been soooo mad! Grr - Hope he is more understanding now! My birthing class barely touched on breathing - It was more an overall understanding of the stages of birthing, medicine available, signs of early labor, etc. I thought it was a pretty good class to take. It was pricey tho, so if you don't wanna spend around $85 for the class then I'd just research the heck out of those things online! It calmed me down some tho...Hope all goes well with your mama's surgery! How bout those Broncos? LOL I was going for seahawks and was the only one in the living room cheering them on, I was pretty happy and ended up winning the $500 superbowl jackpot at work!

AFM, not much new, gals! My birthday is tomorrow and we get to see ARI!!! yayyyy!! I'm so excited! What a wonderful birthday present! I'm turning the big 3-0!!!!

Here are some shower pics - Get ready to be spammed ;)

baby_shower.jpg
baby_shower.jpg (235.7 KiB) Viewed 414 times

baby_shower2.jpg
baby_shower2.jpg (130.84 KiB) Viewed 414 times

baby_shower1.jpg
baby_shower1.jpg (207.98 KiB) Viewed 414 times
Last edited by Ibarrita on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups