SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:49 pm

baby_shower3.jpg
baby_shower3.jpg (220.82 KiB) Viewed 901 times

baby_shower4.jpg
baby_shower4.jpg (155.43 KiB) Viewed 901 times

baby_shower5.jpg
baby_shower5.jpg (160.47 KiB) Viewed 901 times
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:51 pm

baby_shower6.jpg
baby_shower6.jpg (180.19 KiB) Viewed 900 times

And here is my latest belly pic! 8 Months along!! :)

8_months.jpg
8_months.jpg (122.93 KiB) Viewed 900 times

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby lukyj » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Angel, I'm so sorry to hear about little Ari's issues putting on weight. I hope all it is is that your milk isn't sufficient and she needs formula. I can't imagine it's that you aren't doing it correctly. When do you go back to the dr?

Sarah, I hope your appt goes well tomorrow. I think everything is going to be just fine. Our Dr lets us record our ultrasounds with our phone or video camera. The only one we couldn't record was our anatomy scan. That was done by an outside service and they have legal restrictions. I personally still think it's stupid, because it's not like they tell us anything that we could hold them liable for.

Sylvia, Happy 30th Birthday!!! I hope you have a great day and I hope your appt went very well and little Ari was thriving!!! My cousin Holly (with baby Riley) turned 30 today too, LOL! The stuff for your shower looked so cute! Considering how much I don't like pink. Bf and I went to Babies R Us last night and started adding things to our registry. Oddly enough, I actually chose some pink things. LOL. Even the travel system I picked out has pink, though it's more fuchsia and mostly black. I chose a baby trend jogger stroller. I like it because the car seat/carrier has a triangular handle, which is great because I have limited pronation/supination ability to my right wrist. This allows me to hold the seat in a position that is comfortable for my wrist. Everything ended up working out with bf. He apologized and realized what he did was wrong. The problem is exactly that, she is super jealous. She is constantly throwing their divorce in his face. SHe tells him he threw away his family just to go start another one with someone else. Uh, koo koo bird, ya'll were already over. It isn't like we went and got pregnant immediately after we started dating.

The Broncos. What can I say about that game on Sunday? Serious disappointment. I was angry. There is no reason we should have played that dismally.

So speaking of Sunday, bf and I took his DD and two of his nephews to Rainforest Café for lunch. We ordered this appetizer tray that was a mix of stuff. Half of it didn't taste right to me. Then I ordered for my entrée this grilled salmon with garlic mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables. The salmon was perfect. The vegetables had a sauce on them that made them taste kinda weird, but I ate them anyway. I didn't really eat the appetizer plate. Well, within an hour, I started to feel real uncomfortable. I did overeat, so I thought that was all it was, but another hour later, when bf and I were driving to the super bowl party we were going to, I started to feel real bad. I felt like my stomach was so tight. I felt like I ate 2 meals and my food just wasn't digesting. We get to his buddy's house and I'm just feeling bad. The bumps on the drive there were making me feel bad. All I could do was sit in a chair with my feet up. As the game wore on, I just started feeling worse and worse. I got hot. Something told me to put my hair in a pony tail. A few minutes later I started burping real bad and decided to go to the bathroom. It was all over the second I walked into the bathroom. I was so sick. I threw up that whole meal. I tell ya, I felt a world of better once I threw up. But throwing up while 6 months pregnant is not fun. The rest of the night I just felt so sick. My stomach was like in a vice grip the whole night. It wouldn't relax. I spent all day yesterday miserable. What made me decide we had to go to Babies R Us last night, I don't know. I feel much better today. I stayed home from work just to make sure that I didn't tax my body too much. I called my dr last night. He just said to make sure I drink plenty of fluids.

I had more I wanted to say but I'm having a brain fart. I will come back later if I remember what else I was gonna say. I hope everyone else is doing well.
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lukyj » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Oh yeah, thanks for the well wishes to my mom. Her surgery is Feb 28th. We decided on March 22nd, my mom's birthday for the baby shower. My dad and brother are going to pay for her to fly up here so she can be here. She was so devastated that she couldn't be here for it and then she called me and said they told her they would pay for her flight. I would've been very sad to not have my mom here. She is my rock. I don't know what I would do without her. I've been gathering the guest list. I'm already at like 50 people. Believe it or not, most of it is family. I didn't think it would be that many people. I don't know where to have the shower. We were going to have it at my cousin Holly's apt, but with even half that many people, there just might not be enough room. This could get expensive. I am open for suggestions. I know you all don't live in Chicago, but maybe you just have some venue ideas that don't have to be region specific.
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Blaire » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:51 pm

Hi Ladies,

Sylvia, love all the shower pics and that elephant is adorable, where is it from? you are looking fabulous also. Happy 30th birthday to you as well, what a great time to celebrate you and the milestone of 30 and now becoming a mom in the next few weeks! Your arts and crafts and dividers are awesome, i really need to get back to my motivation to finish projects for the nursery.

Jenn, what a bitch that ex is... i'm happy dh is finally realizing (yet again) and coming to your side. Nice to hear you are feeling better now that the food poisoning is gone...maybe it was how the broncos were playing that made you sick..hehe (i was cheering for them as well). happy to also hear your mom has her surgery date,a nd will still be able to be at your shower. what a nice thing for your dad and brother to do for you both. (and all 3 once little one arrives).

Sarah, thinking positive thoughts for you and your appointment tomorrow, can't believe you could be anywhere from 8-18 weeks, quite the spread, but i hope in some ways you are into your 2nd trimester which would be amazing!!!

Angel, sorry to hear about the washing machine, so many diapers to do, you must be feeding ari enough and she's just taking her time to grow bigger, i was a very small baby and didn't gain fast but was always eating well and healthy!

AFM we had my shower on saturday... and it was at my house (like your issues Jenn, my mom, sis and bff don't have big enough spaces for almost 30 that rsvp'd yes and i do) so i figure ok either we'll get a cleaning lady to come in, or dh would do it. (he's ex military and his folks own a motel so although sometimes messy he's an excellent cleaner). well sure enough week is insane and friday he comes home from one job and says he has to go to another one... but will come home after, so i get to cleaning some parts w/ my huge belly and after having another insane week at work. (friday is when me and pup relax by fire and watch pvr'd shows from week). I cleaned from 3pm till 11 alone, dust, vacuum, mop, rearrange stuff and move crap, do laundry (dh's as well as mine). Finally at 1130 i give up sore and exhausted and text dh a big "thank you". i was pissed and he knew it... next morning i have a huge to do list for him... which he can't start till 930 as he goes to work from 7-9am saturdays. I leave for a massage (best massage ever, even if i was on my side) then stop at the mall, realize i left all my clothes and makeup at home so can't go to my parents to get ready so just end up going home where set up is happening and manage to get upstairs and not try to micromanage anything. Shower is great, a few no shows, and a few late comers, then a few early departures! but all in all baby was spoiled as was i, my bff, mom and sis did a great job...i did feel like i was only opening gifts or eating trying to not have it last for hours! anyways, then a snow storm hit that evening, and dh went off to work again so I stayed w/ pup,fire and hot coco and watched a movie... sigh. then get this, monday i get a call in afternoon from my dad and turns out that my godmother who was there found out at her doc's appt she has shingles!!! omg, so i'm fine as is baby as i had chicken pox and all guests were also, but nerve wracking!!!!

Now back to work this week and yesterday and today I took it easy but of course more snow coming tomorrow and i can't do that again. ( i usually watch weather all the time to know when to be off road or not). but on a good note they hired back an old rep who moved back to area to cover my mat leave and she will be starting by next week hopefully.

32 weeks today and had some belly pains feel like maybe skin stretching even more.... not sure...baby is moving all over w/ the waves and butt movements and still getting their darn little feet or hands up under my ribs... i hope that next appt on feb 20 ill get another ultrasound, i'd love to know approx weight and also if baby is in fact head down.

Have a great week ladies, can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!!!
Blaire

Postby vswright34 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:58 pm

Hello Ladies! finally got a moment to sit down and write you all yal :)

Sylvia- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! i got the call yesterday that i PASSED my 3 hr glucose test! so happy that i went to the store and bought ice cream to celebrate haha. I did buy those wings :) just waiting for them because it takes approximately 2 weeks to make and another couple weeks to ship because i believe the seller lives in Canada. I cannot wait to see them :) and i LIVE in maxi skirts and dresses. I wore them prior to pregnancy and they are just so comfy during pregnancy because my lower abdomen feels soo achey and heavy sometimes it's nice to have something there that is light weight. and thanks for the compliment on my Baby bump. Addy is a low rider for sure! haha btw your baby shower pics are adorable! i cannot wait until mine!

Sarah- Good luck at your appt tomorrow!! i can't believe they gave you such a huge range in time!

Angel- I'm sorry things are frustrating for you love :( I have met alot of women who supplemented formula with their breast milk just to ensure their baby is gaining weight. I doubt it has anything to do with you and your supply. as long as she is eating i wouldn't stress to much. FX she gains some weight!

Jenn- Girl, i wanna punch your Bf's ex in the face and drop kick you BF lol i'm glad things are better now, just frustrating to be pregnant and then feel like you are all alone in a situation that was obviously a irrational reaction on her part. stupid beezy! sounds like you got food poisoning :( it is absolutely horrible to throw up when you are farther along. i was in tears because it was so uncomfortable and i just couldn't make it stop. Keep your fluid intake up to make sure baby has enough fluid to swim in :) hope you feel better soon!

Blaire- wow... your hubby sounds like mine hahaha do they know each other?! he offers to help clean and then BOOM... i can't find him... haha he's been getting better about it though. Glad you had a great baby shower :)

sorry for whoever i missed!

Well the only news for me is that my carpets and hardwoods are getting done this thursday!!! which means i can FINALLY put the nursery together!!! it was getting painful to walk by my empty nursery when i know i have all this stuff to put in it.

I don't know when my baby shower is because my MIL is planning it and we have a family friend's daughter getting married this weekend so we have been helping and it has been too overwhelming to try and plan both at the same time. but as of now it is looking like the beginning of March. I cannot wait!

I have alot coming up in the next couple of weeks. for Valentines day my DH and i are going to Lake Tahoe for the weekend which is also going to be our lil babymoon. we were fortunate enough to have one of my clients offer to let me use their cabin for their weekend :) and although my DH hasn't said so outloud but i think for my valentines day present he got us an appt for a 3d/4d ultrasound!!! i kept telling him how i'm disappointed i haven't scheduled it (money has been tight, trying to save as much as we can before the baby gets here) and then i found a couple places that have new year deals and when i asked if i should book he kept saying "nahhh let's just wait" or "trust me everything will work out" so i am very suspicious haha and FX i do actually get to have one because i haven't seen Addy since i was 19 weeks!

and then the following weekend after valentines day we have our maternity shoot. whew... so much to do these next couple of weeks! I will try and pop on here every now and then to check in on you ladies but if i don't comment in a while it's because i'm overwhelmed! haha have a great evening!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:24 pm

Happy birthday Sylvia!!
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Ibarrita » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:44 am

Hey Ladies! Thanks so much for the compliments on my shower pics and for the birthday wishes! It was the best birthday ever! Loved everything about my day!

Jenn - That's funny you're having a girl but not super into pink. I'm not really fond of the pastel pink either (HELLO TWW pages! haha) so that's why I was trying to go for fuchsia (rather than light pink) at my shower, as I did Ariana's nursery. But regardless of how much you love pink or not, you are bound to get tons of pink clothes at your shower. haha I'm particularly fond of the outfits that are purple/yellow/light green to sort of mix things up a little! :D You've probably already thought about it, but I just thought I'd mention it, that If you guys plan on having more kiddos, you might want to consider a neutral colored stroller rather than the black and fuchsia (although those colors DO sound cute for a stroller!). I love taking little ones to Rain Forest Café because they enjoy it so much although I feel like the food is rippin' expensive and not that great! I wonder if it was really food poisoning since you started feeling bad right away? You know, I NEVER got sick in my pregnancy till this 3rd tri - And already 4 or 5 times, I have felt really sick after eating (typically overeating) and get really nauseous and end up throwing up and I too, feel much better afterwards. But I think that's because the baby is squishing my stomach and all, and you are about 10 weeks behind me still. Who knows? But it definitely didn't sound fun! That's cool your dad and bro are flying your mom to your shower! You know what my mom said? I told her "All my friends are asking if you'll be at the shower." She said "I hate baby showers. I hate pretty much every type of shower." I was like 8O and thinking "But it's not just any shower! It's my shower!!" :( but I was so sad I didn't say anything. Glad you have ur momma to count on - I've been pretty disappointed with mine this pregnancy. I also invited like 55 people to my shower but only about 30 showed - Maybe just consider that when u are thinking about a place to have it. Seems like people always have something that comes up - trips or work or whatever.

Blaire - That elephant is from Pottery Barn kids! :) I LOVE it too! Was one of my favorite shower gifts for sure. Sorry your DH ditched ya when it came time to clean - Sounds exhausting! But so glad you got to go for a massage afterwards. How nice! Sitting in front of the fire during a snow storm with your puppy and cocoa sounds heavenly! We have a few cold days in Houston per year when that would be nice but our new house floor plan didn't come with a fireplace option. Be careful when ur out there driving in the snow! Are you working right up to your due date?

Roni - Congrats on passing your glucose test! yah! What a way to celebrate too! hehe Do you have a theme for your shower? Hey you still didn't mention your maternity/newborn photo shoot ideas! I love hearing about those type of things! You totally cracked me up when I imagined you and your prego belly punching Jenn's BF's ex in the face and you drop-kicking him across the room. Haha Just the thought of that got my day started off right! haha You truly are a sister when it comes to bein' there for your girls! ;) yay for getting started on your nursery! What a relief! Will be so nice to have new flooring. Awesome you are going to Lake Tahoe for your baby moon! I considered that too at one point. It's so beautiful! And you cannot beat free lodging! Score! Hope you have a fabulous time! Is your DH still able to get some action? Lol Let me tell ya, at 37 weeks it can be quite challenging - It's like "oooh! ooww! You're pressing on my belly! Ugh - I can't breathe!!" hahaha so take advantage of that little belly while you can - cuz if you are up for it later on, your positions become VERY limited. haha

AFM - My apt yesterday was meh - Not as exciting as I thought it would be. She was super active before the doctor walked in, kicking me like crazy and even got the hiccups, but when we saw her on the u/s she was like so big that we could barely make anything out - It was like a mystery of black and white fuzz. haha And when my Dr. would point stuff out on the screen I was like "Huh? Not seeing it. lol" except for the head and tummy which looked like big circles. haha So needless to say, our pics were crap and I have no idea what she actually snapped a pic of, because Ariana had her little hands up in front of her face the whole time blocking our view. And that was my LAST ultrasound (unless there are complications)!! The next time we see our LO, will be when she is born! Wow! Now every week to the Dr - Good thing I love my Dr!! She checked me and I'm still closed up tight, but about 50% effaced. The process is starting!! :) 20 more days till my due date!!

Last night I went out to dinner for my bday with some friends and it was delicious - But then DH said we were going to the house for cupcakes and I thought it was odd, like why not bring them to the restaurant? And he said "oh - with all the noise and ruckus there, we will just come to the house and enjoy them here afterwards" so when we got back from the restaurant with a couple of our friends, and walked in, it was dark and a bunch MORE of my friends jumped out yelling SURPRISE!! It was Amazing! I was so in shock! My DH did so awesome - He said "it's the big 30 - how can we not do something special?" aww and then he played Happy Birthday to me on the guitar in front of everyone. It was a fabulous day!

Hope everyone else is doing well! I'm hanging in there - Trying to prep at work for maternity leave cuz she could really come any day now! eeeeekkk!!

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby wrestlefan2 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:10 am

Just a quick note before I leave out the house....Yesterday at work I was offered a chance at a full time teachers assistant job with benefits along with my after school care job I am currently doing and also the possibility of them paying for schooling for me if I decide to become a teacher. I know my heart was set on medical as a career, but I love being with the kids in after care. Maybe this is a sign from god for me. If I run this route, I will be off of work whenever my kids are. Speaking of which, I'm on my way to my appointment. Wish my luck. Hoping to coming back with some great news.
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013
1st BFP - 4/4/13 MC - Cycle began 3/4/2013. Ended 4/27/2013 @ 7 weeks 5 days (CD 54/CD1 of next cycle) (now in heaven)

2nd BFP - 1/12/14 (CD102 17DPO or 18DPO) Confirmed 2/5/14
1st Ultrasound - 2/21/14 (No heartbeat)
2nd Ultrasound - 2/24/14 (Confirmed died in womb)
D&C - 2/26/14 (will be going to heaven with her sibling)

TTC 3rd time - TTC/BD 4/7/2014.
wrestlefan2

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:56 am

Jenn- We went back to the Dr on Monday.I'll give those details down below. I'm sorry to hear that you got sick after eating at the rainforest cafe. I know the feeling about the being scolded by the Dr. are things better now?

Sylivia- Glad to hear your birthday was awesome! Later u/s suck so much…I was also disappointed in the last few i had. I can't believe your term!! I can't wait till you go into labor! Your shower was gorgeous and my my you certainly racked up. I adore the rocker, so precious! I love your maternity pictures as well.

Blaire- Glad to hear your shower went well, and bummed to hear you had to clean for it. I know that feeling. Also jealous of your massage, but you deserved it! I'm jealous of your maternity leave. I go back in a week and a half and I'm totally dreading it. Mostly the aspect of being expected to operate at full force on little to no sleep now.

Roni- Your belly is too precious! I can't wait to see photos of the nursery1

Angela- Love your belly picture too! We got snow in GA last week. Last time that happened was the year I was born.I stayed inside the whole time with the fire going.

Sarah- 8 weeks, wow! Time is already flying by! Maybe you will have your LO on my birthday! Glad things are going well, and i can't wait to start seeing belly pictures.

Carol-I loved feeling hiccups, wait till LO comes out and hiccups..it's the cutest thing ever.

Did I miss anyone? Have we heard from Kendra?

How are things with you and Zach, Kristen?

AFM- Ari's Dr. appt went well. She gained 5oz in 2.5 days, so that's awesome..We have to go back in two weeks for another check and he wants her to weight 6.5lbs. I don't know how we're going to accomplish that but I'm going to try my best. I don't think I'll be one of those moms who's able to BF for 6+ mo. I have to fight Ari to latch on without a nipple shield because that's what she started with in the hospital because she was lethargic and wouldn't latch on for anything…Little did I know that the shield prevents them from getting as much milk as they should and it makes them work harder. So I weaned her off the shield over the weekend to see if she gained weight and she did. 5oz. Now she fights me tooth and nail and refuses to latch without the shield, some days she does great others she doesn't. So, I'm just following her lead and trying each time to have her latch without it. She's gotten into the habit of falling asleep at the boob and then chomping down on my nipple in her sleep. That mess hurts!

We ended up spending $1500 on a new washer and dryer set. We were going to use the money to pay back DH dad for a loan he gave us a few months ago for the house but we can pay him payments and I just wasn't going to waste time and money going to a laundry mat.

I return to work on the 17th of Feb and I'm not happy but I'm not sad either. I miss my work and co workers and I have insane cabin fever. I've only left the house for Dr. appts. Plenty of people visit but I'd kill to be able to go to my favorite sushi place on the island or the one in Savannah. I know I'm going to miss Ari…the first few weeks were rough but we seem to have more good days than bad.

I'm working on building up my milk stash before returning to work. Some women somehow get 1000+ oz before they return to work..how is that even possible? I'm almost to 100 which was my goal. But obviously I'll be continuing to pump and nursing as long as possible.

I'm about to try and upload some picture and a video of Ari. I took her newborn photos, but I'm not really happy with them. Which sucks because I planned them for 9 months, and had all these awesome props made and did 2 separate sessions and only a few turned out. She's just so small that almost everything I had made looks silly on her and I haven't been able to get any pictures of me and DH with her. Maybe I can get some soon before she gets too big.

P.S. excuse grammar and typos...I typed this whole thing with one hand because Ari is eating LOL

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:58 am

Wow that's awesome Sarah. Good Luck at the appt! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:40 pm

DH took the picture of Ari and I sleeping. He's sneaky LOL

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby vswright34 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:53 pm

Omg angel! Some of those facial expressions are killing me!! Shes so precious! I like the "diva" look where her hand is on her forehead!! Glad she gained weight!!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:18 pm

I have hilarious captions for most of these photos on 23 snaps. Like the one with her pursed lips and one eye closed. "One Trillion Dollars!" - Austin Powers - mini me reference. She kills me with the faces she makes. She already takes after her dad.

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Kissyten » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:09 pm

HELLO LADIES!!

Let's see if I can write everything I want and post some pictures before Zach attack wakes up from one of his famous power naps.

Angel: I love love love all the pictures! She has such a little personality already! I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with latching, I can totally relate. I stopped breast feeding because Zach's latch was horrible and he wasn't getting enough. Also, he falls asleeps at the boob too and then tongues and chews my nipples which is really disturbing! The only time he gets offered my boob now is if he is so hungry and won't wait for his bottle to warm up. He has this habit of getting so angry he chokes and pukes. Sounds like you are doing everything you possibly can to make sure your little girl is getting what she needs. Don't get discouraged by your doc wanting her to be at 6.5 pounds, you would be surprised how fast they gain weight once the ball gets rolling. All it takes is one growth spurt and they can gain up to 8 ounces in two days!! Zach just went through a growth spurt and literally slept for two days straight only waking long enough to be fed ever 3 hours and get his bum changed. Today he is outgrown 5 sleepers that fit him no problem just two days ago.

Sylvia: I love the pictures from your shower and also your maternity pictures. You look great!! I love the little elephant rocker. I have a horse one for Zach that used to be my nephews. I remember riding on it with him (I'm used to be only 90 pounds when he was a baby) when he was a toddler, so it brings me awesome memories just looking at it. Is your nursery all finished now? You should post pictures of the finished product. Also, have you done all the little clothes you got at your shower? Happy 30th Birthday!! Welcome to the club ;)

Jenn: That is so awesome about your mom being flown down for your shower! I bet she will be over the moon happy about it. Sorry to hear about being ill. I got alot of "morning sickness" in the third trimester. The more that baby grow the more your stomach is smushed like a pancake!! I hope it was a one time occurrence and doesn't happen again.

Blaire: glad to hear your shower went well even though you had to clean for it. Did you get alot of clothes? What kind of items did you get? Do you have alot left to buy?

Roni: Your belly is so cute and compact!! I'm so excited that you get to start on the nursery and I can't wait to see pictures. Also, phew on the glucose test, must have been a huge weight lifted off your shoulders knowing that you passed it.

Lindsay: good luck at your appointment!!

AFM: Both Zach and I had his 6 weeks appointment last week. They didn't do the usual checks on me because I was still bleeding quite a bit. However, Zach charmed the pants off all the nurses and doctor. He weighed 9 pounds 14 ounces and is 21 inches long. The doctor said he is healthy as a horse and is very strong and alert for his age. I am also doing better medically; I am done my meds and the bleeding has finally stopped!! No sign of the huge clot though so hoping my body re absorbed it. Also, i\m finally used to the lack of sleep and no longer bite everyones head off if they even look at me wrong. As I stated above Zach just finished one of the big growth spurts and I have been told they start to sleep longer after this one. Fingers crossed because he has been getting up every 3 hours on the hour to eat!! The routine at night is feed him by bottle he eats 4 ounces a sitting now (10 minutes), leave him elevated for 20 minutes so he doesn't puke up all he ate, change his bum, then put him back to bed which is usually pretty easy (knocks on wood), then I have to pump to make sure I have enough for his next feeding which takes 30 minutes. So all in all right now after I have pumped I only have like 2 hours of sleep before he is up again wanting to chow down!! He is also in the habit now of "catnapping" during the day. So he sleeps for 45 minutes and then is wide awake ready to have a snack. He basically snacks all day and then at the end of his bed time routine will eat 4 ounces and then goes to bed.

hmmm.... I think that is all that is new with me. I'm pretty boring hahahaha! Zach is still somewhat asleep so i'm going to try and post some pictures next..... if they don't follow this post it means he woke up. hee hee
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups