SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

Postby Kissyten » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:55 pm

It's decided Kristen, Zach and Ari have to get married. She has about 7 Batman onsies. I love it! Zach is so adorable! Glad to hear you and he are doing great! Since you're exclusively pumping, why don't you pump one side while he feeds and pump the other after he's done. I pump while Ari feeds and pump 3 times throughout the day. That way you don't have to stay up extra time. :)

I'll admit I've been lazy some nights and zombie walk to the kitchen and reach into the stash to feed Ari. LOL.
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Kissyten » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:16 pm

i'm game for a arranged marriage :). the batman onesie was the first item i bought when I found out I was preggo. Since then I have acquired a gryffindor, superman, star wars, yoda, ac/dc, aerosmith, and super mario bros onesies.

I have a double pump, so i do both at the same time :)

how on earth did u manage to get so much pumped milk??? i can't even get enough stored to last him the night!!

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:29 pm

i also have a double pump. I found that I let down more when she's eating than when I double pump. That's also how I build my stash. I use the three double pump sessions toward the stash, and what I get from pumping during a feeding I use to top her off.

I can't wait to see the other onesies you have :)

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Ibarrita » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:15 am

Hey Ladies! :)

Sarah - How'd your appointment go? How far along are you? I really hope you got some good news and are just busy so that's why we haven't heard from you! :?

Angel - Those pics are so freaking adorable. How do you and Kristen post so many pics at a time?? That's awesome! When you "attach" the pic, you can only post 3 at a time! How do ya'll do it? Man, Ari has some HILARIOUS expressions! SO awesome that you are capturing some of those! hehe I love the one with her lips all pooched out. Too funny! She is just SOO tiny and petite! Great she gained weight and at least you found out that the nipple shield was causing the problem. I can't believe you're already going back to work! Seems like you just had her! How many weeks did you end up taking off? Who is going to take care of your lil' munchkin? Our original plan was for DH to take care of Ariana because he "works from home". But lately he has been called into the office like 3 or 4 times a week for little things but sometimes he has to stay several hours and I'm getting nervous now because I'm like "Are you really going to be able to take care of her? Or do I need to look into child care options?" Ugh I sooo do not want to go that route yet! :( That's awesome you have such a great attitude about going back tho. That should definitely make things easier on ya! Glad you mentioned that about building up your milk stash. I had not even thought about that! I'll have to look into ways to grow my stash - But the pumping while feeding sounds like a good one! So usually the babies get enough from say, the left boob, that they don't have to switch to the right boob? Or do you only switch so that one boob doesn't stay super full and you can kind of empty both a little? (in the case that you were not pumping) Dang I feel so dumb about all this stuff - I definitely need to take the free online course on breastfeeding that my hospital offers so I can get a clue!! hah!

Kristen - Hey! The nursery is coming together, but it's kind of a tornado in there right now! I've got one more art project to finish - I want to do more canvases with letters on them so I can spell out "Ari" above her bed - I'm too cheap and lazy to spell out her whole name. bahaha - But I think Ari will be cute anyway - And I'm STILL waiting on my dresser. The first one came from Amazon damaged I guess, so UPS just returned it and I didn't even actually see the thing - And so I immediately called them to order a replacement and now it's currently being shipped to me, HOPEFULLY by next week. I did get some of those IKEA drawer organizers, so I'll probably start washing some of her new clothes (onesies and such) and putting em in the organizers so I can just pop them into her dresser when it arrives :) - I will DEFINITELY take pics of the nursery once it's completed tho! I got tons of newborn + 0-3 clothes at my shower and I definitely don't think I'll be able to get her into all those outfits so I need to really sit down and decide what I'm going to take tags off and wash and what I'll just save in the case that she is petite or something and can use them longer. Oh my goodness all those pics are so super cute!! I especially LOVE the one of Zach with your man and the puppy! Awww! Too cute! I put together a PDF of all the photo opps that I loved off Pinterest so we can kind of check them off one by one! I made a separate sheet for "hospital photos" and "home photos" Lol I'm such a dork. I just figured if I don't print them out then with all the excitement and all, we will probably forget about them, so better to be prepared and just have those sheets at the hospital with us. ;)

How's everyone else doing?! I got DH to vacuum out his truck yesterday and install the carseat, made the padsicles, bought nursing bras, and got some 9x13 foil pans to make some freezer meals. That was a pretty big dent in my to-do list so I felt good. On the other hand, I was getting ready for church last night and realized AGAIN that I had only 2 pairs of shoes that fit due to my pillow feet (swelling), a pair of heels or flats that were totally falling apart with like the fabric peeling on the sides. There was no way I was gonna wear the heels at that point, so I threw on the flats and when I got in the car I just started crying. I was so frustrated over something so little - But DH was like "Don't worry, we'll take you to get shoes after church" so I ended up needing a whole size larger and while I was trying them on I kept asking him which looked better and he was like "whatever is more comfy" I was like "they BOTH are comfy, so tell me!" and he just sat there on his phone - I was ready to burst into tears again cuz to me my feet looked horrible in both, just fat pillows poking out of the shoes, and he snaps at me "Stop saying they look bad!" so luckily this girl walked by and said "I like those ones better - They're real cute" and I was like thank goodness for women and grabbed the pair and headed directly for the checkout - Got into the car and burst into tears again. He was like "what now?!" I told him "I sure hope you are not that snappy in L&D!!" And I was just crying and crying..over SHOES and a SNAPPY DH! LOL oh my, gotta love these prego hormones. He then asks me "Are you feeling emotional?" I'm like "OBVIOUSLY!!" bahaha Note to self, NEVER take a man shoe shopping! :doh:
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:52 am

Sylvia- technically you're supposed to feed at both breasts, and then pump afterward. But I pump while feeding and give her what she wants of the pumped milk and store the rest. Usually she only eats .5oz from the milk I've pump after finishing one side. Keep in mind I also pump 3 extra times a day and store that milk. I had no idea about any of this and I'm still learning as I go along. Some girls in my DDC produce 6oz at one pump session and I pump 6 between 2 and 3 sessions. Some are able to store 12+ oz a day while I store half that. I take fenugreek and drink mothers milk to boost my supply. As for child care my mom will be watchin Ari. I work part time so it will only be for 4 days a week and those days aren't full 8 hr days. Plus she will be right up the road and my boss will allow me to leave at anytime should my mom need me for something. That's sucks that DH has begun to get called in more, I know finding child care is putting a stress on you. Hopefully it'll all work out and you won't have to put her in daycare. I'm so sorry about the shoe ordeal. Thank goodness that girl walked by. Men just don't get it. I wouldn't say I was snappy during my delivery but I was definitely cussing and saying things like "I'm not doing this shit again"...lol. I am allowed up to 12 weeks unpaid time off, but we can't really afford that now that the washer went kaput. Plus it seems my cover isn't working out and there has been backup since the week after i left. Which makes me mad because if you remember I went in early several times that week to make sure everything was ready for me to be out.

Sarah-how did it go? No update is making me nervous.

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby angelfacexx » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:55 am

Oh and posting pics- I upload them all on photobucket and then get the code and paste :) just like we used to have to do before we had the option to upload via TWW

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Kissyten » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:12 pm

Angel: I have a single pump too (which I prefer more than the double), maybe i'll try feeding him at night on the boob (give him his favourite one) and then pump the other at the same time. That will be my mission tonight. I am now determined to start a stash. I just pumped 7 ounces.... Zach will eat 4 of it when he wakes up from his nap and i'm going to stash away the rest. With my luck though Zach always gets super de duper hungry before bed and decides he is going to eat me out of house and home. My doctor gave me a prescription to increase my flow if the fenugreek doesn't work for me. What is mothers milk? Does it have lactose in it?

Sylvia: OMG! I had the same freak out when I was preggo about my shoes not fitting. I'm not sure if I talked about it on here at the time, but I ended going into work one day with slippers on because none of my shoes fit. I literally bawled my eyes out about it. I think my feet and ankles swelling and the other water retention was the thing that got me upset the most when I was preggo. It made me feel like a huge whale and also contributed to the carpal tunnel that hurt so darn bad!! I will tell you this though.... the swelling and carpal tunnel was gone only two days after delivery!! So keep tell yourself that you will be back into all your cute shoes really fast after! Hang in there girl you are almost there and then you will be crying for whole other reasons.... mostly that you can't beleive how lucky you are to have such a precious miracle.... and sometimes because all you want is a little sleep, but Ari won't let you. ;)

Also I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS!! THE BLEEDING HAS STOPPED!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I have never been so happy in my life! Also, my incision is finally healed on the inside so it is insanely painful to wear low cut panties and normal jeans and pants (low rise). I am stoked that I can finally wear my regular panties and try on my old pre preggo jeans. Also, i'm not sure you all remember I started off at a weight of 105 pounds and was 158 pounds when I went into labour....well i'm happy to announce i'm down to 125 pounds already!!! for only 20 pounds more to go to be back to my original size. I don't mind even going to 110, I just want to get rid of the mommy pooch..... it is driving me insane because my belly button still looks all weird and I still have that dark line that some women get up the midddle of their bellies. Also, my belly is all play doughy still!!

One last thing..... DF asked me the other day when we can start having sex again..... and I laughed so hard at him! I said even when I stop bleeding I don't think it will happen because I'm so damn tired that I would probably fall asleep during it. Maybe for valentines day or once Zach starts sleeping for longer than 3 hour increments.

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby wrestlefan2 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Kristen - Those pics of Zach are so adorable. Makes me wish my little one was with me now.

Angel - When is your bday, would be something if it does wind up on your bday. If estimated based on FF.com's ovulation date (since I have pcos). I may have a due date of around Sept. 17th.

Sylvia - I'm here. Spend the day working, the early afternoon at the appointment, back to work after appointment til 5:30. Went to exercise lightly with friends (just walking around), went out to eat some approved sushi (i.e. nothing with fish in it at all...just the crunchy and vegetable ones), the when home went right to bed.

AFM- HERE IS WHAT WENT ON AT THE APPOINTMENT....

Went to appointment and things didn't go 100% like I was hoping for...but in the end all good news. Spoke with my doc's midwife and she asked m lots of questions. During the appointment, she had me give a urine sample it was a 50 mlu test she said) and they tested it. It came back positive, so I am indeed pregnant. Happy day.

She also did a pap smear on me since I was due one and saw more blood come out that I was used to. Luckily I was told that is normal due to it being first trimester since I would be very vascular if I was pregnant. Then she did what I a test with a microphone to see if they could hear the heart beat via my stomach. They said they wanted to do it since I have PCOS and if I was around 12 weeks they'd be able to hear a heart beat with that machine. All she said she heard was feedback and no heart beat. DF swears he heard the feedback like I did, but when she got to under my belly button area, he said he heard nothing and then a quick "whump" sounding noise, back to nothing, and more feedback. He said it lasted no more then a second. Wonder what it was that he heard from the machine.

The worst part of the day wasn't the blood work I had to get done like I thought it would be, but being told that all the ultrasound machine appointments were booked up yesterday and the next available one is on the 21st (2 weeks 1 day away from today). I had my heart set on possible seeing the little one or even a flutter of her on the screen. Now, I'll be estimated (in my mind) 10 weeks 2 days when I get the ultrasound done. Due to my PCOS, they couldn't give me an exact due date of the baby yet, but said that they'd be able to when I go in for my 1st ultrasound. DF is getting off of work and can't wait for this to happen. Wish I new more, but seems like I won't know much more until the US comes it's way.

Decided to tell work what was up (both the current and upcoming possible job). Since I came back to help with daycare after the appointment, I told daycare that it was a surprise during a routine checkup that this was found out. I explained that I was asked when my last period was and I said October 3rd and that the doc asked if I had taken a test to see if I was pregnant. I told work that I told the doc no since I have PCOS and don't know when I get my period and that I was asked to take an HPT at the docs and it came back positive.

Was told not to tell the main school part (for that job) until after the ultrasound. By then if they want me, I'll
have the job. Then I was told to let them know that I will be coming back after the baby is born. I want the little peanut to go to that school anyway and they accept day care as young as 6 weeks. So that works out in my favor especially with getting 50% off tuition for my kids that go there if I do indeed get the job.
Me - Sarah
DF - Tim

Dx with PCOS 4/25/2013
1st BFP - 4/4/13 MC - Cycle began 3/4/2013. Ended 4/27/2013 @ 7 weeks 5 days (CD 54/CD1 of next cycle) (now in heaven)

2nd BFP - 1/12/14 (CD102 17DPO or 18DPO) Confirmed 2/5/14
1st Ultrasound - 2/21/14 (No heartbeat)
2nd Ultrasound - 2/24/14 (Confirmed died in womb)
D&C - 2/26/14 (will be going to heaven with her sibling)

TTC 3rd time - TTC/BD 4/7/2014.
wrestlefan2

Postby angelfacexx » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Jealous of those 7oz! Is that on both boobs or each? Mothers milk tea is just a herbal tea. It has fenugreek, blessed thistle,etc. It tastes like black licorice which isn't as bad as it sounds. I put honey in mine to improve the taste.

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Kissyten » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:21 pm

Angel: That's off both, so don't be too jealous. ick I haaaattteee black licorice so I won't be trying it. hahahahaha. Did you notice a increase in milk when you started to take fenugreek? I just started yesterday and am hoping it won't take too long for a increase to happen.

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kissyten » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Thanks Lindsay. :) Sorry to hear you have to wait for the ultrasound. We will all be here biting our nails with you until the day comes.

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:16 am

Happy Friday everyone! :)

Angel - Thanks so much for all the pumping tips! So sweet that you have 100 oz stored up! Great job mama! Great that your mom can take care of Ari and that she is so close! what an ideal situation! Do you get to go eat lunch with her too? That'd be so nice! My mom is in Montana and my mother-in-law is in Mexico, so no family real close to help out but I do have a lot of sweet friends that would willingly help me out in a jam. :) Bummer that your cover at work is not working out - I do remember that you went in a lot to help prepare for your leave! Hope that doesn't mean you have mountains of stuff to do when you get back! What will your first day be? And thanks a lot for the tips on the photos! I'll try it next time...Yah I don't know how I will be in L&D but if this past week is any indication, I'll be one big crybaby! GOSH. These last few weeks are rough - Joints are so sore, the swelling, tiredness, HUNGER, oh my - It's a trip! Can't wait for my LO to arrive and hope some of this madness stops - But then again, like Kristen says, I'll have a whole new set of things to cry over, tiredness, etc. lol I'm sure it will ALL be worth it once Ariana is in my arms ;)

Kristen - Hey there! I think I do remember that slipper story. What craziness. I really don't like a lot of attn. on me - and at church the other night everyone was like ooing and ahing over my swollen feet like "U poor baby' - I just wanted to run and hide. I know they are being sympathetic and all, but man, I feel sorta embarrassed or self-conscious. So glad to hear that the swelling and carpal tunnel goes away after delivery. I sure hope so - Because when I wake up my fingertips are all numb and I can barely grasp the freaking shampoo/body wash while showering it hurts so bad! I'm so happy your bleeding has stopped! Woo hoo! And HUGE congrats on losing 33 lbs! Go mama! What an inspiration you are to me! Have you just shed the lbs by breastfeeding or are you trying to eat better too? A couple friends have told me that hunger during pregnancy aint nothin' compared to hunger during breastfeeding. I've never been so hungry in my LIFE as I am right now, so I can't imagine it getting worse! Lol did you feel that too? I have that dark line too - It's visible but not super dark - more like a very light brown or caramel color. Too funny that you just laughed when DH asked u for some lovin'. Sometimes I feel bad for my DH cuz he will not be getting it post-delivery for awhile, so even if I'm zonked I'm like "Take me, u just gotta do all the work." bahahaha

P.S. Kristen - wrestlefan's name is Sarah, not Lindsay ;) hehe

Sarah - Sorry your appt did not go as you expected! :( :hugs: However, it's comforting that at least your test came back positive still! Maybe you can try to busy yourself with activities with your kiddos and such over the next two weeks so that time flies and the U/S will be here before you know it!

Last night I wrapped a bunch of Hershey's chocolate bars in these cute labels I had custom made in Mexico - They say the baby's name (Ariana Noemi) with a little elephant and some other cute little phrase and thank you for coming to meet me - They will be little gifts to give away to people that visit her at the hospital or house. I'll try to post a pic later cuz they are too darn cute. :) My agenda for the day involves making like 9 or 10 homemade freezer meals to stock up for when lil Ari comes. My to-do list is getting shorter and shorter! Yay!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Roni - get excited for new flooring! So stoked for you that you get to start putting ur nursery together! So fun!

How are ya'll doing? - Angela, Blair, Jenn and Carol?! :)
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kissyten » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Oh my goodness, I am very sorry Sarah! I have no idea where I got the name Lindsay from....I hope you are not too offended. Thank-you sylvia for pointing it out.

Sylvia: I don't think the whole really really hungry thing is true about breast feeding. I would agree with being insanely thirsty though. I only eat two meals a day and when I was preggo I was constantly eating all the time (hence all the weight gain). I have not been doing anything special to shed the pounds.... I think the main thing is that I was lactose intolerant before I was pregnant and then once I was preggo I could eat dairy again (so I went on a huge pig out spree), and now that I had Zach I am back to being lactose intolerant..... that limits what I can eat which is usually the high calorie items like alfredo sauce, chips and dip, sour cream, pizza, cheese, etc. Team that up with pumping (which burns 500 extra calories a day) and not really finding that much time to eat because you taking care of a LO and the pounds just fall off.

AFM: I started taking fenugreek and OMG less than 24 hours later and i'm getting double the amount of milk I was before and it takes me half the time to pump it. WOOOO HOOOOO!!! Maybe i'll be able to start a stock pile.

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby lukyj » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:56 pm

LOL Blair. Maybe it was the way the Broncos were playing that made me sick. I was getting angry at one point and didn't care if I saw another second of it. I'm glad that your shower went well. Sucks that DH made you do all the cleaning. My bf will get in these moods where he wants to complain about what our apt looks like, but he doesn't want to do any of the straightening up. I tell him, I work too. If you don't like it, clean it. It's not all my mess. The few times he has cleaned for me he has done a great job and it looks very nice. Being also ex military and all.

Roni, you are awesome girl! I wish you coulda been here to drop kick him for me. He really deserved it. He has since of course, come to his senses. I've never been west of Omaha Nebraska, so I hope you have a great little trip for Valentines day. I wish bf and I could get away for a weekend before the baby comes. We have no money right now. We got our second electric bill today. It only went down $30!!! That is replacing two 220v (2500W) heaters with 1 110v (1500W) heater. There is a disconnect there that I am not understanding. We may as well just use the darn higher wattage baseboard heaters. Just ridiculous. We cannot get a breeak. I hope you get your shower soon! How are your new floors?

Sylvia, I didn't even think about why I shouldn't get the black and fuschia stroller. The other color it comes in is black and lime green, which is also nice. I don't know. I really like the fuschia one though. Maybe if I have a boy in the future, I can still use the same stoller but just get a boy friendly carrier. You also got me thinking that maybe my getting sick had more to do with the fact that I way overate. Who knows, but it was miserable for that short while and I'm glad that it was over quick. I'm so sorry you are having troubles with swelilng and carpal tunnel. I felt so bad for you when you told us about the other day when none of your shoes fit and DH took you to buy a new pair. I wouldn've wanted to slap him though if that was bf and all of a sudden he is being insensitive aobut helping you select a pair, when he was so sweet about taking you there in the first place. Thank goodness for that lady walking bye. I don't understand your mom.

I gotta go for now. Gettin off work. I will respond to everyone else tomorrow! Goodnight!!

Love the Ari and Zach spam!!!!
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups