SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

Postby lukyj » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:35 pm

HI ladies! I'm back to finish my responses. It's been a frustrating weekend.

Angel, I'm so happy lil Ari finally gained some weight!!! Hopefully she stays on track this time. Sorry your newborn photo shoot plans didn't turn out like you wanted them to. She is a tiny lil thing. She looks just like you though. Maybe you should try the fenugreek stuff too. I can't stand licorice either. That is just one awful taste. And thank you. I am all recovered from my throwing up ordeal.

Kristen, lil Zac is so cute! He almost makes me wish I was having a boy. I'm so glad your bleeding has stopped and your incision is healing. It's great hearing you ladies talking about the breast feeding issues you are having and what not. I have to start looking into what company I'm going to get my breast pump from, and which brand/model. My pump is covered in full or in part (depending on the model) by my insurance. Thank you for the well wishes too. It seemed it was the one time ordeal. I'm glad it was over quick. I'm finally back to feeling mostly good again. I'm real glad my mom will be hear too for the shower and I get to celebrate her birthday.

Back to the dr for me on Tues. I'm suppose to have my rhogam shot but the dr's office doesn't supply it. I have to get it filled by a pharmacy. Well I'm in a pickle because my ins is with CVS and no CVS's carry it in their pharmacy. So I found a Wlagreen's pharmacy (only one location in all of Chicagoland) that has it in stock. Well I drive over there, out of my way in a snow storm to go have this filled, and they tell me my ins won't cover it at their pharmacy because it is suppose to be ordered through a mail-in order program. Well how the hell was I suppose to know that?!!? What sucks is, I called the CVS pharmacy on Friday and the tech I talked to never told me any of this. He just told me they don't carry it and he doesn't know where I'm gonna get it from. Why was it the Walgreen's tech that told me how I'm suppose to get it? SO I have to call CVS ins tomorrow morning and ask them how the heck they are going to get me this drug for my appt at 9am on Tues. That or they need to approve the script so I can have it filled at Walgreens.

We had to have a health screening at work for a credit on our helath insurance cost. I got the results of my blood work. Everything came back normal, LDL/HDL, total cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar... My triglycerides, shot throught the roof! They were 76 last yr, and are 181 this yr. How do I more than double my tri levels in 1 yr? Yet, everything else is totally normal and in the same range as last yr. Actually my bad cholesterol was a little better. SO I'm gonna take this report to the dr on Tues and discuss it with him.

I hope everyone else is well and had a good weekend! If I missed anyone I'm sorry!!!
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby vswright34 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:49 am

Hey just popping in real quick. I didnt get any notifications that yal were commenting so I have to go back and read! My floors look great! House still looks like a disaster zone so im typing this on my phone, sorry for typos!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I helped a family friend with wedding set up this weekend, definitely pushed myself too hard. Im exhausted still and sore :(

Sarah- my birthday is sept 19! Who knows you could have your baby that day! Praying your baby bean is snuggling in real tight!

Once I find my computer I wil reply more!!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:48 am

Ima jump on the computer and do personals when Ari is done eating :)
Attachments
image.jpg
(178.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
image.jpg
image.jpg (72.5 KiB) Viewed 955 times
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby angelfacexx » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Kristen- WOOHOO! Stoked the bleeding has stopped and the weight loss is going the way you want it to. Don't feel bad, I'm all jiggly in my belly too. It's so damn weird feeling that it's all mushy. Ick. DH has been counting down the weeks for when we can DTD again…though I told him if I fall asleep during not to hate me. It'll be 6 weeks this friday and it is also our Anniversary on the 15th…so, maybe he will get lucky ;). Fenugreek is AWESOME! Although I think it may be making Ari a wee bit fussy. I hate black licorice as well. That's why i load mine with honey. LOL

Sarah - Sorry the Dr. Appt didn't go quite as planned. Sending positive vibes your way and hoping time flies by so the u/s can arrive quickly. My birthday is September 11th. Probably not a birthday you want LO to have, but I wouldn't mind ;)

Sylvia- Girl! 38 weeks! She can come any day now!!I'm so exciiiited! I can leave for lunch and eat with my mom and Ari if I'd like too (which obviously I will). I found out yesterday, I was awarded paid leave (for 4 weeks) and I can get it retroactively…My boss said I could take out another 4 weeks, but he really needs me if at all possible. Which I understand as they all loss their minds if I'm out more than a day. I'm surprised I didn't get called more than I did while out so far. My first day back is next tuesday. BOOO. As for breast feeding hunger…I'm way more thirsty than hungry. Which is weird for me because I'm not a big fluids person. I struggled to down water during pregnancy. I do get insanely hungry though…but that's because I get so busy feeding and changing Ari and trying to get her asleep, that be time I eat lunch it's the afternoon…for instance…I'm cooking my lunch now and it's 2pm. That chocolate bar idea is awesome! I would've had to have a lot..I saw some people after I gave birth I haven't seen in literally 6+months.

Jenn- I take fenugreek as of a week ago. It's amazing! That's retarded about the Rhogram shot. I HATE that shot, the medicine going in sucks. Hopefully it all got worked out!

Roni- Sorry to hear you over did yourself. Maybe a prenatal massage is in order? Hope you're able to get the house in order without pushing too hard. Hope all is well!

How is everyone else?

AFM- Less than a week before I am to return to work. I have insane cabin fever atm so I'm KIND OF looking forward to it.Not too much has changed since I last updated. Ari and I both have appts next week.

I've been keeping a list of my must haves for you guys

Myclen/gas drops- have been a life saver many nights!

Wubbanub- While pregnant I thought it was silly to pay $15 for a pacifier with a little stuffed animal attached. Boy was I wrong! Ari would fall asleep and dropped the paci from her mouth and immediately start screaming and crying. I ordered a wubbanub and she sleeps so much better now, and is calmer during the day. I always said she'd never get a paci..boy how things change when you will do anything to make your LO happy.

Sound Machine- this one is a biggie, since the first week, I had been playing white noise on my phone all night so that Ari would sleep more soundly. I finally ordered a sound machine and can actually use my phone during the day while she sleeps.

Nursing pads- I have the bamboobie kind. I suggest getting reusable ones. I love mine. I actually need to order more because 6 pairs just isn't cutting it.

Extra pump parts- trust me..if you're going to pump you'll want at least one more set of parts
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Ibarrita » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:49 pm

Helloooo ladies - How's everyone doing? It's chilly and rainy here in Houston - but a good day for hot soup and cuddling wid my love. :)

Kristen - Wow, I don't know how you can only do two meals a day - I'm definitely a 3 meal per day person + snacks! LOL Maybe I won't lose much weight after all. hah! Actually, I do plan to eat better post-pregnancy - I ate really well the first 28 weeks or so and lately I've been cheating more frequently cuz frankly I just don't care - But my weight hasn't shot up like crazy so I guess I'm okay for now. I too am lactose intolerant and that's pretty interesting how you could eat dairy during your pregnancy only! I usually just eat it and face the consequences or take Lactaid. The intolerance is definitely still present for me though.

Angel - Great tips on Fenugreek and Mother's milk - Nice to have you and Kristen as first time momma's ahead of us to learn along with ya! If I'm able to stick with breastfeeding I'll definitely order some of that too - Sounds like it's really helping! Have ya'll heard of those lactation cookies? They are on http://baby.steals.com/ today - Momnoms Lactation Cookie mixes - They are supposed to have a similar effect - But when googling them for more reviews I actually found tons of recipes for lactation cookies, so I wonder if they'd be just as effective, homemade? Anyway, I love cookies so that's why these caught my eye. I super love Ari's newborn pic. You did a great job capturing her and I just love those lil' poochy lips! Lucky you get 4 weeks paid leave! What great news for ya! I have super craved ice water this whole pregnancy - it's like my only craving, so I will most likely crave it while breastfeeding too. As far as the lists of must-haves go, please keep them coming! I was happy that I already have 3 of your items - Just need the extra pump parts and sound machine.

Jenn - Sorry you're having to deal with the Rhogam shot frustration - I ran into the same thing - I went to the pharmacy downstairs from my Dr's office (CVS) and they told me it wasn't covered - Well my doctor needed me to come right back to administer it, so I just went ahead and bought it anyway out of pocket - And when I called my insurance they were like "it IS covered, your pharmacy just needed to call and say that it was medically necessary (well duh, my dr. called it in) but they didn't and for that reason it was denied" so basically the pharmacists on staff were just too lazy to call it in and I was unaware that they indeed needed to do that in order for it to be covered so I've spent several days fighting with them but it never seems to get resolved. Denied Denied Denied. Ugh I am about to just say forget it and consider the $130 bucks or so for the shot a sunk cost. :cry: Considering your electric bill, you might try calling them and threaten to switch to another company - or go at it from a different angle and say that you have been customers for several years (if that is the case) and were wondering if they have any promotions going on right now and if they could get you a better rate applied to your account. Typically one of the two will always work, but I usually go with the first option like "My electric bill is getting pretty high, and I'm strongly considering another company unless you think there is a better rate I can get through you guys than what I'm currently paying." Anyhow, it's worth a try! Good luck!

AFM, 38 weeks. Yup it's getting real now gals. I had my appt today and it was pretty boring - She checked me and there was quite a bit of softening, still 50% effaced and no dilation so not a lot of action going on but like she said, that can change in a day. Said her head is pretty low so although she doesn't feel like she has dropped to me, she is not really high, just stretched out and chilling there - Hence the constant jabbing and kicks in my ribs while I sit at my desk. :? Packed the diaper bag last night and now the only thing I have left to do is my hospital bag, which seems a little daunting to me, even though I have a list typed up, I just need to dive in and start doing it. Carpal tunnel and rib jabbing is definitely not fun, plus I'm soooo sleepy these days, so I think I'm going to start chugging that raspberry leaf tea and see what happens. haha Walked on Sunday and will probably walk today too - Maybe she'll make an appearance this weekend :D
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:05 pm

P.S. Looks like our topic is now to 20 pages! Anyone know how to start a new thread? Or should we start a closed Facebook Group where we can share stuff a little easier? Up to ya'll! :)
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Blaire » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi ladies,

Here is the new board... I will try to catch everyone up on the other board!!

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=255198
Blaire

Previous

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups