SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

Postby vswright34 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Hahaha just picturing your sweet boy mooning the camera hahahaha

I had sciatic pain prior to pregnancy and with the weight gain it has intensified. I see a chiropractor every two weeks, who has experience working with pregnant women and let me tell you it is a God sent!! It helps so much plus icing your back twice a day helps alot with the swelling around the nerve. I would check around your area and see if it helps after trying it for a couple of weeks. Also it is great for blood flow for your baby too :)
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:04 am

Hey Good Morning Girls! :) How are you all? It's 39 deg. and raining here in Texas and ya'll we are FREEZING. I know you Northerners will laugh, because I used to be one too, but my blood has really thinned out since living down here and I m not loving the cold. Brrrrrrrrr!

Angel - So funny about the boys hitting on you the other day! Yup ur bump is too cute! I'm still so excited to see the nursery pics! Sorry to hear you had car trouble - that's never fun! I told DH I want to trade our cars in every 5-6 years, if possible, to avoid having to deal with car troubles, cuz I am like traumatized from it growing up it seemed like we spent a few too many family vacations broken down on the side of the road and dad having to hitchhike for help. Yikes. Which bottles are you going to go with? I've done a lot of research and there are so many mixed reviews - I guess all babies are different too, and they take to different bottles, but I put a few different types on my registry just in case she is picky, we'll have a couple types to try out.

Kristen - Lightening crotch!? Yowza! That doesn't sound fun! Hope that doesn't hang consistently! 8O That's so incredible you saw your little man's foot! I cannot even imagine! Whenever Ariana is kicking and my entire tummy moves I just lift up my shirt and gaze at it, because it's so awesome! hehe But when I start seeing actual body parts I know I am going to flip out. How exciting! Let me know how those padsicles turn out girl! Did you get the recipe off Pinterest? I have them pinned, and was planning on making them myself - With witch hazel and all right? My g/f that just had her baby was going to make em too, but I think she didn't end up doing them - and is just using regular pads. I'm so curious as to whether or not I should do it or not! Let me know, fo sho! hehe Funny you should say that you get jealous cuz you're one of the few boys - I was so dead set on the idea of having boys for so many years, that DH and I were like expecting a boy, and when we found out it was a girl we were so shocked and it took me a long time to get used to the idea of sparkles and baby dolls and all. hahaha I'm still adjusting in fact. And when I see little boys, I'm like awww, I am definitely going to keep trying for one, because even their swim trunks and those cute sunday outfits with vests or little bow ties and cowboy boots and those little hoodies are so freaking cute! haha There are definitely a lot of cute options for boys out there, girl!

Angela - Speaking of boys, CONGRATS!!! :) Yay! That's so exciting! Good you are evening out the playing field by bringing some more talk of dinosaurs and trucks to the group! ;) hehe - Do you guys have a name yet? What nursery theme are you going to go with now that you know it's a boy?! You know, we are keeping our name a surprise with all our friends/family - Only two of my friends out of EVERYONE knows the name. And when strangers ask, I still hesitate to say the name even tho we don't have to "keep it a surprise" for them! hehe At the Texans football game yesterday, the guy next to us asked us what we are going to name her and I like paused for a minute and then was like "Ariana!" hehe He was very sweet and said it was a beautiful name but just funny how when u get dead set on keeping it a surprise it's hard to let it out! :) I really hope your sciatic nerve pain lets up! What a bummer you are dealing with it so early on!

Jenn and Kendra - How are you ladies doing?? Check in with us, gals! :) miss ya!

AFM - I'm starting to have shortness of breath when I do LITTLE tiny things like get dressed. haha I know it's just getting started! Went for a 2 mile brisk walk with DH on Saturday and I was like wheezing a bit. haha He was asking me if I was feeling okay, and I told him "yeah but I just notice a difference now! Harder to breathe!" Really want to keep up with the exercise though, cuz of all the benefits!

As of today, according to my iPregnant app, I'm officially in the 3rd trimester!! Woo hoo!! Last stretch! Funny thing is that many people ask me if I am ready for the pregnancy to be over and I'm like "Umm no, not really" LoL which is followed up by "Oh so you are enjoying being pregnant?" Um...I guess? LoL I feel like I'm kind of neutral about it - Super excited to meet Ari, but at the same time a little apprehensive and nervous because I know it will be a HUGE life change! :) I'm really enjoying the quiet times with DH right now, and lots of dates! We saw the new Hunger Games movie on Saturday night and it was great! Then went to the Texans game on Sunday - Fun times even though they are SUCKING it up right now! hah!

I'm starting to plan my baby showers!! Eeeeekkk! I'm so excited! I have one coming up in just 2 weeks on the 7th of December in San Antonio with a bunch of friends that are dear to me there - Plus, several are going to make the trip to SA from Mexico, so I'm pumped up for that! The theme for that shower will be Turtles! :) Games - guess the baby food flavor, change a doll diaper blindfolded the fastest, Girl Baby names for each letter of Alphabet quickest, and one where you throw 28 individual baby socks into the middle of the room and see who can match the socks the fastest. They sound fun to me, we'll see how it goes! My Houston shower will be some time in January - With elephants as the theme...

Kristen/Angel - Could you please share the links to your baby registries? I'm curious as to what stuff you all have on your registries!

Hope you are all doing well! I took new belly pics last night, I'll try to post them later this evening. :pregnant: Have a great week!
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kissyten » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:52 am

Hey Ladies,

Just wanted to let you know i'm still pregnant.... hahahaha!

I will update more later, but here is my baby registry link. http://www.toysrus.ca/registry/search/index.jsp?execution=e2s1
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:48 am

good morning ladies!! gonna do a general update. Hope yal dont mind!

what the heck is a padsicle?! Lol im excited to see everyone's registry. We just started ours and I have no idea what to put on it! Im not a girlie girl either Sylvia, i always wanted a boy. But i start looking at some of these baby girl outfits make me melt haha so precious.

Oh ya I weighed my self this weekend and I lost two lbs... So total weight gain is only 2lbs... And I am officially 20 weeks today and half way there!! I cant believe how fast its going!!

Also for those who were a part of the smep group on the ttc i wanted to give you an update on one of our beloved group members who reached out to me recently.Lindsay. She said i could update you guys and wanted me to tell you guys she misses you and still stalks both board occasionally :). She has been doing great and has healed and is feeling better. She is doing a femera cycle and life has been good for her. Just praying for her rainbow baby.

start hope everyone has a great day! I dont know why im not receiving emails when you guys post :( ita irritating because i have that checked on the box below. Whatever I'll keep checking in!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:43 am

http://www.toysrus.com/registry/search/ ... Store=TRUS

Here's one of my registries. I have two others but those are mostly for cloth diapers. Mine doesn't have much on it really.

I finally finished painting the nursery this weekend. DH has to reinstall the closet shelves and then I can start setting up everything. Bought a HIDEOUS green glider this weekend from a thrift store. Hoping to get it reupholstered soon, or someone to make a slip cover for it. Finally got the carseat this weekend. That was a huge sigh of relief. Have only managed to unpack the kitchen and half the living room. So much to do and no time it feels like. Also doesn't help I'm having to work full days here recently. sighhhhh.

Angela - Congrats on the bambino!!

Roni - I'm not a girlie girl either. The nursery will be very sparse on the pink frilly stuff. LOL. mostly greys and whites.

Sylvia - Yayy for upcoming showers! Hope you get lots of awesome stuff! 3rd Trimester buddies! WHOOP! I can't believe how fast our pregnancies are going! People are beginning to ask me the same thing.."aren't you ready to have her yet!?" I'm neutral about it really. I love being pregnant...besides the constant urge to pee now. I have really no complaints...grant it...i still have 7 more weeks but I don't want to rush her out anytime soon. I'm enjoying time with DH and the pom babies. Not to mention getting the house together.
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Kissyten » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:05 pm

I'm ready for personals now that i'm not training random people at work haghahahahaha!

Angela: yay on your little boy and yay that some one else is having a boy!!! YAY!!!

Sylvia: I kinda use the recipe that was on the December 2013 due date thread..... I used overnight always pads, witch hazel, and aloe vera..... I left out the essential oil because I have a sensitive vajayjay that is prone to uti's and something about lavender essential oil down there did not seem right. hahahaha about the heavy breathing, it is totally normal! I get winded standing up from my chair now. Also, I have recently taken up snoring and BF says I sound like a cross between a tank and a walrus. Yay for the third trimester!! woo hoo! Also, yay about the baby showers!! hurry up and make your resgistry girl (and then share it with us so we can stalk ;))

Roni: hahahaha padsicles are for after you have a vaginal birth you take the heavy pads and put wtich hazel, aloe vera, etc on them, fold them back up and put them in the freezer.... when you get home from the hospital you bust out the padsicles and use them to mend your poor battered vajayjay. The witch hazel has topical healing properties, the aloe vera soothes the area and the frozenness reduces inflammation. ;) I have heard they can cut down healing time by almsot half and they they feel absolutely wonderful.

Angel: yay about getting the nursery painted. Pinterest has alot of tutorials on how to redo gliders, my friend found a no sew one on there and it worked out perfect!

AFM: feeling like a house......but no signs of labour.... well besides some contractions but not regular enough to write home about. I wish some mucous plug would fall out or something just so I can get my hopes up that it might happen soon. hahahahaha! I got some killer cramps earlier and was so excited that it might be starting then I farted and it went away..... I almost cried hahahahaah!

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:48 am

Hey Angel/Kristen - I can't actually see either of your gift registries - Both links take me to the ToysRUs homepages - I think I need to enter your full names to search for them, if you don't mind sharing that with me please. My registry is basically done, I just wanted to compare it with yours in case I am missing something important! :) - http://www.myregistry.com

Kristen - A cross between a tank and a walrus?! :rofl: Your bf is quite the character! I don't think I'm the one doing the snoring lately - My problem is that I wake up in the middle of the night to pee and DH is the one snoring and I have trouble getting back to sleep! And I hear ya on the cramps and toots! Every time I say I have a tummy ache or cramping, my Dr. DH asks me where the pain is focused and he typically ends up telling me gently that I should probably just visit the bathroom. hahaha Oh the joys of pregnancy! eeeek! 8 days! wow! I'm so excited for you - I can hardly stand it! - Can't wait to see ur little man!

Angel - Yay for getting the carseat! That must be a major relief since at least here in Texas they won't let you take home the baby without one! I'm so happy about that law, because you see so many tiny babies in places like Mexico just riding in their mother's arms and it's awful to think of what a slim chance they have in the case of an accident! Last night DH and I put together Ari's stroller and carseat, practiced folding the stroller, adjusting the handle, breaking, driving it, etc. LOL Then after all the fun was done we kinda just sat there and stared at it like WHOA, everything is becoming more real and we are about to have a little baby in our house! Wow! 8O

Roni - Can't believe you've only gained 2 lbs at 20 weeks! Holy cow girl! Your LO must be ready to have a growth spurt before too long. I think I've gained about 16 or 17 lbs at 27 weeks - Really had a growth spurt b/w 20 and 25 when I popped and my stomach just grew all of a sudden! hehe

Well ladies here are some pics of me that I took a couple nights ago. Like I've said before, everyone is telling me that I'm tiny, barely showing, how could I be 6 months, where am I hiding the baby?, yada yada yada - But I'd like to show them these comparison pics that show how tiny I was before. haha

lettuce.jpg
27 Weeks - Lettuce Baby
lettuce.jpg (198.16 KiB) Viewed 803 times

comparison.jpg
1 month - 6 month comparison
comparison.jpg (226.45 KiB) Viewed 803 times
Last edited by Ibarrita on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:19 am

I dont know why I am not gaining weight :? But I put another pound on. So back up to 3lbs.

Saw you guys were talking about strollers and dont make fun of me but I bought my stroller yesterday haha. Buy buy baby had a sale on BOB jogging strollers which is what I wanted. You buy the bob and the adapter and you got the carseat for free!! Plus you could use a 20% off coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond since they are owned by the same company. It goes until the end of Nov but I thought the sale was way to good to pass! I personally wanted a jogger over a normal stroller because I do run alot (except my dr won't let me since its high impact so I do 30 min elliptical everyday) and go on trail walks and I Hate the sound of plastic wheels.. Lol im too damn picky.

Once I figure out my registry a lil more I'll post what I had started so far. I am registered at buy buy baby and I will probably register at baby's r us just because I like the stuff there too. I cant wait to see what you ladies have on there :)

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:17 am

You can search for me Sylvia!
Last edited by angelfacexx on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Kissyten » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:30 pm

Sylvia: I sent you a PM with my full name. Any other ladies who want to creep my registry let me know and i'll pm you too. I won't put my full name on the site because it scares me... hahahahaha! I trust you ladies though, it's just all the people who creep the page that I don't (sorry creepers nothing against you, I just don't know you). You look great for 27 weeks and wow you popped in the last little while. I don't think you look too small at all.....it is probably because your boobs look like they have grown quite a bit too, so it balances out the baby bump more. I have little boobs so I just looked huge right away because the belly beat the boobs really early on. bahahaha about dr. DH, mine always says the same thing, but he is not so nice...... his most common saying to be is "maybe you should try and poop" hahahahahhahaha

Roni: I think you have not gained any weight because you are so fit! I wouldn't worry about it. Honestly, i'm very jealous! Keep up the good work at keeping your body in tip top shape and you will have a easy delivery. :)

Afm: STILL PREGNANT!! ha ha! I have been getting more painful braxton hicks though which is awesome and had some (sorry if TMI) very snotty looking discharge today which I heard can be pieces of my mucous plug. FXFXFXFXFXFX!! I am at the point where I am ready for him to come out. I spent a hour in his room last night crying because I wanted to hold him soooo bad! I am a emotional crazy person.

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kissyten » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:33 pm

P.s. Sylvia.... baby is the size of a rutabaga? That is so random. I have never seen a rutabaga before, but it doesn't look bigger than a head of lettuce to me.

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Roni - We would NOT make fun of you for buying your stroller now. You're 1/2 way done for Pete's sake! I already had two diaper bags before I even got pregnant. It's totally okay! ;) Plus, you gotta grab those deals while they're HOT HOT HOT and it sounds like you got a pretty good one! Exciting! I also got a jogging stroller, but it's the Bumbleride Indie - And it was NOT a real good deal, but I've been eyeing that stroller for years and had it picked out long before I got prego, so I just HAD to go with it. hahaha We have a huge Buy Buy Baby outside of Houston - I definitely have been wanting to go check it out!

Angel - Thanks! I checked out your registry and we actually had a few items that matched like the elephant humidifier - I totally want that for Ari's nursery cuz it would match so cute! haha

Kristen - Ya you're totally right, my boobs have grown a lot - I went from a C to a D - and bought a couple new bras - and now they want to pop out of those too, so I must be up to a DD or something. Whoa. It kind of scares me. LoL But it does make me look more proportional for sure and that could be why I get all those comments. OMG DO NOT GOOGLE IMAGE mucus plug! I just about lost my lunch! :rofl: I do hope that's the start of your labor though girl! :) And you're right, a rutabaga Is totally random and ideally, I try to eat whatever special fruit/veggie I get for these pics, so I figure I'll wait till next week and take an eggplant pic or even do acorn squash at wk. 29...

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Blaire » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi ladies

Back up to lots of activity on here! Love it!
Roni, love the bob! We got one also (when I was like 10 weeks hahaha) toys r us also had the sale up here in Canada so we jumped on it. Hubby loves jogging w our pup so we will see if he can manage a pup and a stroller! 3 pounds you are like my BFF who is due Thursday w her first she gained 20 in all. Ps congrats on the little girl woohoo! I'm convince ours is a little girl also, but hubby says boy!

Hopeful- yay for a little man! :)

Sylvia, love love love the photo. I will have to update the bump pic when I take one w my phone... I think you look great for 6 months and normal (if there is even a normal pregnancy).

Kristen, just about a week out till your little man arrives, so exciting. Oh and I'm loving the padsicle idea, never heard of it before but so going to try it. I got waxed the other day and want to keep up w that to keep area as clean as possible so when time comes for wee one to arrive I have everything going in y favor for a speedy recovery! I watch a baby story some mornings getting ready for work and cry already and just want to hold my little one so can't wait.

Angle, yay for cars seat, painting the house and getting all set. Before you know it Xmas will have come and gone and you will be on your final countdown! Loving the Walmart story, you go mama (to be!!)

Afm, 22 weeks and feeling moe kicks -finally! Damn placenta out in front! I have my check up w the doc on Thursday so will see how everything goes. Driving for work is getting more uncomfortable and I just had to leave this afternoon as we have a big snow storm coming and I have appts tomorrow first thing about 2 hours away! At least it beats hitting the road at 5am tomorrow!

Have a great night ladies, will post bump pic soon!

:)
Blaire

Postby lukyj » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:53 pm

Ladies! I feel so horribly behind :( I don't know how I'm going to catch up. I think the last time I posted was before Angel's shower. Or maybe just right after. I've been reading and following along with you ladies but since it has become more difficult for me to post at work, I rarely get a chance to actually respond because I'm usually reading on my phone. I will do my best though.

Kristen, I can't believe you are due in what, less than a week? That is so awesome! I'm so glad that your fall was not serious and little Zach is doing just fine. I can't wait to see you post a pic of the little guy :)

Roni, Congrats on your little girl :) That is great that you haven't realy put on any weight. I'm sure it's just because you exercise so regularly. Did you go to your sister's wedding yet? We need pics of the dress you bought.

Angel, congrats on closing!!! Yay! That is funny about the kids in Walmart. You are definitely all baby in the front. In case I didn't post about your shower, loved all the pics! Yay for getting the nursery painted!

Angela, congrats on your baby boy! That's great! Have you come up with a name yet? I wish I had a nother job that I could make even an extra $300. I'm almost in the poor house. Ok, not really but I'm not getting ahead at all. With the baby coming I can only see it getting worse.

Blaire, are you team green? I can't remember. yay for feeling kicks! I haven't really felt any movement yet. At least I think whatever I have felt has just been gas, but I am always on the lookout to see if I feel something out of the ordinary.

Sylvia! Hola chica! You have a lovely bump going there. Congrats for making it into the third trimester! I am familiar with rutabegas and I thought a head of lettuce is bigger. I'm confused. The new puppy is so cute and I love his name. Sunday I woke up thinking my boobs grew some more and boy was I right. I def have to go shop for new bras. I think I'm just gonna go to Walmart or maybe Marshalls or TJ Max. I don't have the money to spend on good bras that won't fit in the near longer term. LOL. My bff is giving me a stroller/car seat that she had bought for her nephew but never got to give his parents. I don't know how old it is but it is new in the box. It's gender neutral. Hopefully the car seat meats the current standards. She is also giving us a brand new pack and play that she had bought for him.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm also sorry if I forgot to mention something someone talked about that might have been important. I tried to remember all I could. As for me, I am doing pretty good. Still feeling pretty good. I haven't really had too much of a growth spurt yet. Not much cramping or anything like that. I've started having problems with my acid reflux again. I'm finally sleeping through the night without having to get up to pee, though I'm sure that will only last a few weeks. Tuesday is my gender scan. Bf and I are SUPER excited!!!! We can finally start referring to the baby by it's correct gender. We told his mom and the rest of his family. That all went real well. His mom is very excited. She has already asked BF about having a shower for me. The ex found out we are pregnant. Someone he trusts messaged her and told her not to say who told her because they would get in trouble. We have no idea who did it. He is so angry though that someone got in his business and robbed him of telling her himself. Well she has not reacted like an adult about it, even though it has NOTHING to do with her. So he told his DD yesterday that she is going to have a sibling. She is very excited. Things are going great. We are moving into the upstairs bigger apartment this week and we leave for Tennessee on the 19th of December. BF will finally get to meet my parents and brother in person. He is very excited to meet them. Any bets on what you all think I'm having? I will post a bump pic. I swear I will try not to let it go so long with out posting to you lovely ladies! Happy Turkey day to those who are celebrating tomorrow!
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby vswright34 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:31 am

Happy thanksgiving to the ladies who celebrate it!!

Jen- I wanna upload pics but photobucket has hidden by links that I copy and paste so I dont know what to do :doh:

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups