SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: SMEP sisters- it worked!! part 2

Postby Kissyten » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi Ladies,

just wanted to pop by real quick to tell you that I just had my 39 weeks appointment. My doctor does not check for dilation, etc, as she said it increases the risk of infection and also it is not a good determination of when I will be going into labour. This is fine with me because those "checks" HURT!! hahahahaha! Anyways my fundal is height is perfect (39 cm), baby is still head down with head in pelvis (he has been this way for awhile now), and his heart rate was 140 BPM.... I made a joke about having a 20 pound baby and she moved him around in my tummy and felt around for a good while... she said he is already 7.5 - 8 pounds and she predicts if he goes to term he will be around 8.5 - 9 pounds!!!!!!!!!!! I asked her how accurate she is and she said "I am right 80% of the time, and when i'm wrong it is only by maybe .25 - .5 of a pound!!" She is a maternity doctor, but also delivers babies too, so she guesses what they will be before they come out all the time. Plus if she is not around for a delivery (they rotate) for one of her patients then she always goes back to check if her guess was right once they come in for their first appointment. ANYWAYS...... looks like I might be having a big baby!! I am terrified on delivering a 9 pounder (I am 5'2" and weighed 105 pounds pre pregnancy), but am so interested to see if she is right! I love chubby babies!!!!!!!!!
Me: 30 DF: 32

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:57 am

Kristen- you're gonna do great hun!! Are you going natural or meds?

I love chubby babies too!! Omg he is gonna be so precious!!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:36 am

Kristen - You will do fine mama! You're such a trooper! I cant believe you're little man could be here any day! I'm so excited!

Blaire - Girl, I'm actually glad for once I don't live somewhere where it snows. I wouldn't be able to ever leave the house LOL. Woohoo! 22 weeks! I can't wait to see a bump picture!

Jenn - I can't wait to hear what you're having! Do you have any intuition? That ex drama is for the birds. Don't let it get ya down! Post a picture! I wanna guess what you're having based on your bump!

Sylvia - HA! I knew we'd have some things similar on our registries. I also bought some stuff from target a few months ago that is on your registry like those chevron sheets. (I got mine in pink, and also got grey elephant ones). Apparently one can never have too many crib sheets.

AFM - I'll be 34 weeks on tuesday next week..and I also have my check up then. After my 36 wk appt, I start going once a week. I can't believe it's time for that already! I still have so much to get. I need to drive 5 hrs to the nearest IKEA and buy some frames I want for the nursery. Then I still need socks, bottles, a curtain for the nursery, shelves, MAHHH. so much to do! Plus christmas shop for loved ones and finish unpacking the house. Good lord. Sometimes 9 months just isn't enough! Anyone do any black Friday shopping? I ordered almost 50 cloth diapers. HA. I think I should be good for a while. Unless a christmas sale comes up. :)

I attached a photo of me yesterday at 33wks 2days! Going to attempt to snag some maternity pictures sunday. Let's hope I can get a few good ones.

Hope all that celebrate Thanksgiving had a good one! And I hope everyone is staying warm!
Attachments
1456008_10151711948222371_791015966_n.jpg
1456008_10151711948222371_791015966_n.jpg (77.52 KiB) Viewed 890 times
Me (Angel):26
DH (Ben):28
DD: Due 1/14/14 - Ariana Lorelei

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Kissyten » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:52 am

Roni: Thank-you for the encouragement :) I don't really have a birth plan but am going to try and go natural........ but i'm not opposed to a epidural if it is needed. I have NO idea what the pain is going to be like so i'm giving myself leeway just in case. :) I am eating some spicy food right now to see if he might decide to come out today hahahaha!

Angel: Thank-you for the encouragement too!! I can't believe you are 33 weeks!! You are getting so close. Oh my you do have alot to do before baby arrives, try not to get yourself too stresed out though.

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby vswright34 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:44 am

Well this is my third attempt to put the pics up! It keeps deleting everything I write!!

Sister's wedding:

Gender reveal:

Baby girls outfit :)

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby angelfacexx » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:11 pm

LOVVE the pictures Roni!

You look beautiful in them all!

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby Blaire » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi ladies

Just a quick check in!

Kristen, good luck I can't believe it's so close, really could be any day now? My BFF is 2 days overdue and is trying everything to get the little one moving!
Can't wait to hear the news, best wishes and you'll do amazing! :)

Roni, great pics, it takes me forever to upload also on here but so happy you had a great time w family and everyone will be do happy to welcome little girl! Love the outfit, so cute.

Angel, omg your bump is really still just the cutest! Ya snow here is still around and now I'm just waiting for more. Nothing beats a white Xmas. We have had one green one since I can remember and it was actually sad for me, although my dad and I went to the golf course and hit some balls I to the woods! Last year we got 40+cm of snow on dec 27. I'd love that on the 20-23 and the. Of course oohing beats snow flurries allay the 24-25 :)

Jenn, yes I am team green! It is actually probably saving me money! Lol can't pick up the cute outfits (if I do see one th g that's too good to pass up and for one sex well if it's a deal I'll buy it and keep it in case or give as a gift. So far I haven't given in. I do think it's a girl though. Hubby is big time on team boy but he's ex military, hockey player and just so excited to continue living in hockey rinks w a little guy (although our girl will likely play hockey if she likes as I did). We shall see last night he finally said he thinks it's a girl. Lol.
Yes you should feel kicks a little like bubbles and it's weird at first, mine are it totally regular yet but are getting there.

Sylvia, rutabaga never even eaten one,or think I've ever seen one! But yay for 3 trimester coming Up this week! Time is just flying by.

Hi to everyone else!

Also so happy to have seen and gone back to the ttc group and hearing from the others. I need to go post my hellos over there and wishes.

Afm- I had an appt on Thursday am and it went well. I did not gain any weight (appetite is weird these days, don't really feel like eating much so I just eat what's necessary for wee one!) so still at my 10 pound weight gain (frommhalloween candy and burgers lol). I'm happy the doc gave me an appt on the 19 since she has clinic days on Thursdays and boxing day and new years they will be closed. So 25.5 weeks i will be and then start the new year into my 3 rd trimester! She is not concerned w rushing me to glucose tests etc since all looks great. I'm happy about that, not looking forward to that test!

Just spending day getting house decorated for Xmas, did stair garland and lights, as well as fireplace, and then even went outside and wrapped our cedars (hubby gets to deal w the extension cords etc as I always mess them up) he'll be home at dinner time and then it's time for the Christmas tree!

:) hope everyone had a fabulous thanksgiving and "black Friday". We had our thanksgiving in October, it retailers up here now do black Friday sales to keep us from crossing the border to shop. (I don't think I could ever handle the madness). Just today I went grocery shopping and almost freaked on 2 people who parked in the preggo parking and clearly one was too old to be pregnant and the other did not look it and her hubby had quite the belly but that doesn't count, lol. I made sure to push out my belly w my coat wide open and give dirty looks! Appearently it's not a law but a courtesy here but people I. Quebec don't have much of it.
Blaire

Postby angelfacexx » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:32 am

Morning girls! Just a quick drop in for me for now. I coached a friend of mine to take some maternity pictures yesterday and we managed to get a FEW good shots. Most of the 500 she took turn out blurry but I think we got a few keepers. DH took the one attached. He loves it and wanted me to share with you all.

I'm off today but I'm painting and trying to decorate for Xmas. I'll do personals when I take a break later :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (110.98 KiB) Viewed 836 times

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

Postby vswright34 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:45 am

Angel I LOVE that pic!! Its so sweet and adorable!!

Kristen- I keep checking in hoping you are in labor!!! So excited for you! Time to sexy time, eat spicy food and walk it up!! Come on baby boy!!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kissyten » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:45 pm

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick pop in to tell you all i'm still pregnant ahahaha.... Also hoping to stay pregnant for a couple of more days because we have a crazy blizzard here and can hardly even open the front door!! Thank goodness i'm on mat leave and didn't have to try and go to work today. Also, I have a cold and am feeling very very miserable right now.

Kissyten
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ibarrita » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:37 am

Hey Ladies!! :) - How's it going?! Hope you're all doing awesome! And for those that are stuck in snow storms (Blaire/Kristen), be careful and stay warm girls! It's snowing back home in Montana and mom sent me pics yesterday. Brrrrr!! I sent her a sunny pic back of 75 deg weather here in Texas. <3 the south!

I'm SOOOOO excited to know what Jenn is having today! Good luck at your appointment, chica!! Hope the lil' babe shows you the goods! :yay:

Jenn - Yeah those veg/fruit pics are a little funky - That's why I only do them every couple of weeks when the progression makes sense. Sometimes it has to do with the weight more than the length or size. Hm, I dunno, it's still kinda fun. Can't wait to put them all together at the end and see the progression! Yay for getting new hand-me-downs! That's so nice! Just make sure you check the exp. date on the car seat. You should be fine! So glad your reveal went well with DF's family - and don't let that ex-drama get to you. She's prolly just jealous - Try to tune her out and focus on enjoying your pregnancy and all those special moments with your man!

Kristen - oooooo girl, you're one day away from 40 weeks! Woo hoo! How freakin' exciting! Don't be scared about having a big baby, hehe - you will do so awesome! And I agree, chubby babies are TOO cute! I'm dying to see pics of this lil' man! Sorry to hear you are feeling miserable! :( - Hope you can ditch that cold before ur lil' guy comes so you are feeling 100% for L&D!

Angel - hey I got the gray elephant crib sheet too! lol - It's the one on her bed right now. It's so cute! I super love Target, I'm like obsessed with Target in fact, and 75% of the stuff in my house comes from Target cuz I go there about 5 times a week. LOL no joke. About IKEA, can't you order online? Maybe you have someone to visit or something in that same town, but I figured you could just order the frames online and save on gas and time! :p I did great on black Friday! Bought a new wireless printer at Target - And really scored at Kohls where I got tons of new bath towels and wash cloths, cuz we were having such a hard time finding some that were not frayed or stained when we had guests! LoL - And got some gray boots for $20 that were normally $80 - for my maternity photo shoot! Bought one of those little Fisher Price phones at 1/2 off for Ari that I used to have as a kid that you can pull behind ya - and has that rotary dial on it. hehe Love it. So I spent a little over $100 at Kohls and saved $232! I was so proud of myself. haha I love love love your maternity pic you shared with us! Is that your DH's shirt? So cute! I have a crazy friend that asked if we have done any naked pics yet and I was like "umm no!" and I realize ur pic is not naked, but well, semi-naked and so it's sexy but very tasteful at the same time. I think we should do something like that cuz my DH is sooo into my prego bod. hah!

Roni - You look gorgeous in all those pics! Very nice pick of a dress for the wedding! Showed off ur lil bump nicely (well what we could see of it in that pic w/your sis!) - Your tummy looks so cute in the gender reveal pic too! Love how your faces are just beaming with happiness!

Blaire - I don't know how you are standing the anticipation with Team Green! haha I would be going nuts! I can't remember. Do you already have your names nailed down for either a boy or girl? We've got names for our next girl and 4 boys, so I think it's really funny when people discuss it for 9 months and still don't know the name once they are at the hospital and the baby goes nameless for a couple days. Discussing baby names was like one of my favorite things to do pre-pregnancy. I just need to simmer down now tho, cuz I doubt I'll have 5 more kids to use the names we have already picked out - unless we have 4 girls or something! hehe Cracked me up imagining you whipping open your coat to flash your bump at those prego-parking-space-cheaters! I don't know how people can be so rude to take up those spots when they aren't even remotely prego! I even feel guilty taking one now that I can walk just fine and I'd rather leave it for those that are 8 or 9 months pregnant! I totally understand why you would want one when it's blowing snow and ice outside tho! I'd be freaked to slip and fall or something! Be careful, hon!

AFM, I've got my 28 wk apt today - Can't believe I'm almost to the 30's!! WHOA! I've gotta do that crazy glucose test today - I'm totally crossing my fingers that I pass! I wasn't told not to eat so I just had some sugar-free stuff like black coffee, omelet with spinach and cheese and brought some almonds to snack on. Hope all goes well and I REALLY hope my Dr. let's us take a peek at our lil' punkin' since it's seems like FOREVER since we've seen her! Got a funny article today comparing my baby size now to a Chihuahua! haha 2.5 lbs and about 16 inches long. too funny!

Hope you all have an awesome day, and Jenn, let us know ASAP, girl!! :)
Me (Sylvia): 29
DH: 29
# 1 due February 25th, 2014
It's a girl! Blood test confirmed @ 12 wks.

Ibarrita
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby lukyj » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Hello ladies!

Good to hear everyone is well. I hope Thanksgiving was good for those of you who celebrated. It was very good for me. Went to BF's mom's house. There was so much food. I woke up stuffed the next day.

Kristen, sorry to hear about the snow storm. I hope the little guy makes it until it's safer to venture out.

Roni, you are so pretty! I love your pics and your dress looks real cute, from what we can see.

Blaire, we finally moved upstairs to the bigger apt. I keep bugging bf about getting our tree. I'm ready to decorate. I'm glad that you are doing great. I don't know how you can stand not knowing the gender. But I guess it's kinda like how long I went without telling my mom. After a little while it gets easier.

Angel, that pic is so precious. Is that your bed? I'm not letting the ex get me down. I find her to be sad, and entertaining at the same time. It's like, what will she come up with today. I just wish she would get along with bf for their DD. It is that little girl that she is hurting. I hate when people use their children as pawns. This one is using hers to be vengeful. She is jealous that I have the life she wishes she had, but she let it go. Sorry lady. When you leave things out like trash, it is usually someone else's treasure. He is the treasure of my heart. I can't imagine a time when I didn't love him. I am so proud to be having a baby with him.

Hi Sylvia! DId I tell you bf's DD has the same name as you? Bf named her. I hope the glucose test wasn't too bad. I schedule my next three appts today. My next reg ob one is at 22 wks. Glucose at 24, then next ob at 28. At 28 wk appt I will get my Rogham shot. I texted my friend about the car seat. I'm waiting for her to respond. Do they put expiration dates on the box? Since you ate, you probably should've just had the eggs with no spinach. It is still a carb and carbs are sugar. Hopefully it still went ok.

So I went to my dr's appt. It went very well. Everything is looking good so far. Baby's head is measuring right where it should be. My bp is nice and low 102/69. The nurse said my bp is beautiful and they hope it stays that way the whole pregnancy. I do have a yeast infection :( He said that is probably why I have so much discharge. I told him it is strange because the discharge isn't irritating at all and I don't have a funky smell. He said that doesn't mean much. So I have to get something for that at the store. I am going to pick up some prune juice and some more oj. I've started having problems with constipation. I really don't want to have to rely on pills to go to the bathroom. I was actually bleeding from my rectum on Wed night. I had to call the Dr and he scolded me. I'm not bleeding anymore, thankfully. As far as the gender goes, the baby wasn't being very cooperative. Baby had it's legs crossed and was turned away from us for a bit. Then I guess with all the prodding with the transducer, the baby started to move around and baby mooned us, LOL. We had the cutest butt shot! But dr said he is pretty sure it's a baby.......................Girl. He said when I have my anatomy scan on Thursday, they will confirm it. Dr said don't run out and go buy pink just yet. I really hope he was right. I did feel a little bad for BF that he isn't getting his little boy. Maybe one day. He seemed a little disappointed. He goes "man, I just can't put out boys." He said that at least his DD will have a little sister. I am not letting myself get excited just yet. Thursday seems so far away! Couldn't get any good shots today to post any new pics. We recorded the u/s so I will see if I can get anything off the video that I can take a pic with my phone. Oh, and I have a cold
Last edited by lukyj on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby vswright34 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Congrats jenn on your baby girl! And her thankfully mooning you!! lol lots of lil princess's in our group!

Also for the constipation I found a gummy prenatal support/supplemental vitamin at Target that I take with my normal prenatals that is just calcium and fiber. I know I dont eat enough calcium so I figured it couldn't hurt plus the fiber gets things moving and has been a lifesaver! I also drink two cups of peppermint tea a day because it is a natural digestive aid. And worst comes to worst you can ask for your pharmacist or dr for stool softener. I know it's not ideal but when your so backed up that it makes you cramp, bloated and nauseous I would do anything to make it come out plus if you are straining too hard you will give yourself hemmorhoids. The stool softener is not a laxative and will not make you go right away but it at least keeps things softer in there because we are so prone to constipation with our digestive system slowing down so much! I admit I take one stool softener every night before bed and chug a glass a water. Plus regular exercise and tons of water. I have noticed if I forget to do cardio one day I get these gnarly calf cramps at night.. So painful. Hopefully those suggestions help!!

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby lukyj » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks Roni! I already have hemorrhoids. I've had them for many yrs now. My dad had ten young so I wonder if they're hereditary. But last week I was having a real bad time and was straining. I ended up bleeding that evening and even passed a blood clot. Dr said it sounded like I ruptured one of my hemorrhoids. He scolded me and told me to take a stool softener like Colace and a fiber supplement. A friend on the TTC side told me that she would have a cocktail of oj and prune juice every day and that kept her regular. So I bought some prune juice yesterday. It's gross and def needs to be mixed with the oj. I think I need more calcium too so I will look into those chews. Thank you for the tips! I've had peppermint tea before and I honk it's gross.

I got some troubling news last night. My mom started bleeding last week wed, same day as me, only from her vagina. She hasn't had a period in over 15 yrs. she started bleeding pretty heavy last night and went to the ER. They found a large mass in her uterus. She doesn't even have a gynecologist in TN. Hasn't seen one in well over 10 yrs. I'm really scared. She has to find a gyny and have it biopsied. Tey said it isn't a cyst. It is def a tumor of some sort. I can't be in TN until the 19th. Pleas keep her in your prayers. Thank you ladies.
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby angelfacexx » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:57 am

Jenn- I am praying for your mom! I hope it isn't bad. Congratulations on the little princess! 2014 really seems to be the year of the girls. LOL. No, that isn't my bed, it's a bed of a very good friend of mine. She's actually thinking about selling it...in which I WILL make it my bed. LOL. it's gorgeous. So princess like.

Blaire - Hope you're staying warm! I'm attempting to decorate for xmas but man, moving and setting everything up is proving to be difficult. Much less decorating for xmas as well. I'll get there!...one day..lol. I stayed inside black friday...ordered a crap ton of cloth diapers and DH grabbed some things from town when he got off work. So luckily, I avoided the madness. It really isn't all that bad where I'm from.

Roni - Thank you!

Kristen - Holy moly! It's your due date! Spit zach out already! I can't wait to hear the birth story. I hope your cold has gone away and some of the snow has melted so you can have a safe trip to the hospital should you go any time soon.

Sylvia - Nope, can't order the frames offline. A friend of mine is going to Orlando this weekend and she said she would pick them up for me...I just hope she actually does it. or else...it's a 5 hour drive for me :(. Yep, that's DH's shirt! Naked pictures?!!?? Nuh uh! Not me. I love that picture of me...it's classy but still sexy. How was your glucose test? Did they let you get a sneak peek of Ari?

How's everyone else? Carol, Angela, Kendra?

AFM- Had 34 week appt yesterday...and wouldn't you know I am yet again measuring "small". I'm a little annoyed by the fact that it keeps changing and I guess my OB just refuses to take into account DH and my size and the fact Ari is still moving all over the place and is just in a lower position. But alas, I get another ultrasound so I won't complain. Probably will be the last time I get to see Ari before she's born. I hope they switch over to 3D so I can see her more clearly.

angelfacexx
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups