The Obsessing (and Waiting) Continues!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Obsessing (and Waiting) Continues!

Postby Ktee4 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:10 am

Whoo hooo floss!!! You found that early!!!! Yay!!
TTC since July 2013

BFP 11/13/13!!! :)

11/19- Beta #1 16 dpo- 507
11/21- Beta #2 18 dpo- 1078
12/11- beautiful strong hb :hb: 153 :hb:
1/23 - hb :hb: 153 again! :hb:

EDD 7/30/14

Ktee4

Postby indie_ana » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:25 am

ah floss - thats great!

i just had my glucose test today - 2 sore arms and half my day spent in a hospital!

lovely!

Il be 27 weeks on Thursday, been starting to think about birth a lot more - wish i hadnt, im cr@pping my pants now!
I think il be having a water birth with gas and air - i cant have an epidureal at the birthing centre so i am pretty limited pain wise.

Also thinking about feeding and im thinking of doing bottle and breast (breast through the day and bottles at night so jeff can have a go and apparently they sleep better?)

does anyone have any experience of the above?
indie_ana

Postby jazlynn4/28 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Congratulations on finding the heartbeat so early..

I passed my sugar test... :)

29w on monday, hes hanging in there
Alissa-33
Dh-40

Mc 18 weeks 4/28/13

Due date 4/28/14

My rainbow baby is due on my Angel babies birthday!

jazlynn4/28
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby floss » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Thanks all.
29 weeks jaz! Sounds so far away but I bet it goes by so quickly!
I used to work on a neonatal unit and in neonatal terms once you get to 30 weeks the risks associated with prematurity are much less as many 30 weekers won't need to be tubed at birth. Big milestone. Hope he stays snuggled in there for another 8 weeks at least though!!

How's everyone else?
floss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ktee4 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Hey floss!!
I'm doing good. Sometimes it seems that time is flying and sometimes it seems so slow! Depend on the moment :) baby is doing great. So far gained 6 lbs total and all bloodwork has been great. Still exercising 5-6x/week. Even lifting heavy weights and such. I feel awesome. My belly is growing and pretty fast these days! I'm shocked when I look in the mirror. Slowly starting to accept my changing body. It's harder then I thought!

As far as baby, I can't wait for movement! They say between 16-22 weeks, but jeez 6 weeks is a big window! I'm ready now!!! I

How are you feeling? First trimester treating you okay?

I'll attach a recent belly pic
TTC since July 2013

EDD 7/30/14

Ktee4

Postby Ktee4 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:29 pm

Here's the belly: 15 w 3 d
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (66.83 KiB) Viewed 597 times
TTC since July 2013

EDD 7/30/14

Ktee4

Postby floss » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:40 am

Aaah you look so fab Ktee!

Good for you getting all that exercise in.
I'm hoping my energy levels improve soon. Have managed the gym about once a week and trying to walk lots but am just too tired to even climb my stairs at home lol!

My big plan is once I get into second tri to go to the gym twice weekly and do yoga once weekly.....hope I can do it!

Other than the crazy tiredness am feeling OK. I got hives for a week which I have read can be due to body reacting to all the fetal hormones - especially if it's a boy!!! Now i'm convinced it's a boy!
Just can't wait to have my 12 week scan and then I can tell everyone!

You're not far off the 20 week mark girl so sure movements will come soon....apparently they feel like fluttering to start with and often mistaken for wind!

When's your next scan?
floss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ktee4 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:43 am

That's sounds like a great workout plan floss!! I should try to squeeze some more prenatal yoga in. It would be good for me. Maybe I'll look into that today :)

That's weird about the hives! Pregnancy does odd things to your body. In the first tri my acne flared, but as since improved in the second trimester. I still get breakouts, but not as bad. The worst is that because of the increased melanin, any spot I do get leaves behind an ugly red mark that takes FOREVER to fade leaving my skin lookin blotchy. But whatever. Small price right?

My next scan is in 3-4 weeks. We're not finding out gender (if I can be strong!) but of course I'm looking forward to seeing my little nugget anyway. I just bought the "belly buds" which are headphones for your belly. Baby's hearing should be kicking in soon and want to play both classical music for him/her as well as hubby reading dr. Seuss to him/her

2 more weeks until your next scan?? Are you going to find out gender??
TTC since July 2013

EDD 7/30/14

Ktee4

Postby sam32 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:41 am

Hi all, hope you're all doing well.

Had my 2nd midwife appointment today. Got to hear baby heartbeat, sounded good and strong :) Everything ok apart from I have been told I am a Rhesus Negative blood type so have to have extra injections at my 28 week appointment and if I get any trauma to baby for whatever reason, then too.
Got appointment at ante natal clinic on 18th for consultation about my health in preparation for labour, then my gender/anomaly scan on 12th March. Fingers crossed it all goes well!

Already got baby stuff from the in laws haha, and got some cheap stuff at a nearly new sale nearby. Now to finish sorting the nursery then should be all set!
Me (33) OH (36)
:bfp: 12/11/13 dpo 11.
It's a girl! :babyg:
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
sam32

Postby floss » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:19 am

Sam - sounds like all going well. Always good to hear that heartbeat.
Don't worry about the rhesus negative - as long as you have anti-D it's rare for there to be any problems and your baby might be rhesus negative too!
Exciting your 20 week scan is not far off....will you find out the gender?

Ktee - i've had a weird breakout f acne on my forehead - hoping it goes soon cos is quite painful at times!

Had my booking appointment at the hospital yesterday. Got given loads of free samples of nappy cream and a baby towel and bump cream etc - made it all feel very real! Have my scan booked for 26th Feb and have another appt (my 16wk appt) booked for end of March.
Can't wait for the scan so I can stop keeping it a secret!

Have been too scared to buy anything yet but my sister has had a girl and a boy so she had shed loads of clothes and equipment - don't think i'll need to buy anything!! Plus absolutely loads of my friends have recently had babies so sure i'll get lots of stuff from them.

Those belly buds sound cool - haven't seen them before. Is it much different to just speaking close to the belly then?
floss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby indie_ana » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:05 am

HI Ladies

just thought i would check in and see how everyone was- doesnt look like we have been to busy since i was last on!

I am 28 weeks today - in my 3rd trimester yey!

bump is growning nicely and is kicking me in the ribs daily!! ha ha - I am still weighing in about the same so 133.6lbs today (121 when i started) so not to shabby i dont think.
Ive not been working out because my hip has caused me some pain so i have been putting it off but might venture back next week - i also havent been walking seren because its been stormy and cold and wet here in the Uk and i didnt want to go outside (i have really got lazy!)

i watched the business of being born yesterday and was really surprised at some of the stats for US birth, i actually feel quite lucky to be in the UK where we are always managed by a midwife. i have decided on a water birth now and i am also going to gove breast feeding a go (well bit of both feeding)

Nursery is nearly finished, our furniture comes next tuesday, cant wait.

just deciding if i am going to have a 4d scan 28-30 weeks ish OR if i can wait another 12 weeks to meet my son!
indie_ana

Postby sam32 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:10 am

Hi ladies,

Floss that's great, I got vouchers to go get all that free stuff too! 12 week scan not far off for you, it will be wonderful :D I am looking forward to my 20 week scan. Less than 4 weeks to go, and we have decided to find out the gender so excited about that :) Thanks, about the Rhesus Negative. It scared me a bit at first but I will be getting anti D shots so it should be all ok :)

Indie congrats on reaching the 3rd trimester! I can't wait to really feel the baby move. I think I feel something already, like very light taps or flutters, but not knowing what to look for I think it might just be wind, lol. Weather here is awful too... had gale force winds yesterday which literally took my breath away when I was out walking between my surgery and home. Floods as well here, so not great to be out in. Think I will have to do laps of the stairs for a while til the weather calms down. Poor dog isn't getting her long walkies right now either :(
I hope your water birth goes well. I was considering it too, but I have to speak with the midwife and consultant next week and see if it is a viable option for me. Well done on getting the nursery sorted too! I'm still in the process of mine, takes so long, but I need the OH to get some time to help me (He's been having tons of overtime at work) which is good cos we will need that extra money for bits and pieces :)

If you have the option to have another scan, I think I would. Not sure I could cope waiting another 12 weeks to see baby :D

Hope eoe is well :)
Me (33) OH (36)
:bfp: 12/11/13 dpo 11.
It's a girl! :babyg:
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
sam32

Postby Ktee4 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Where is everybody??
TTC since July 2013

EDD 7/30/14

Ktee4

Postby floss » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:00 pm

I'm here! Had my 12ek scan on weds! Was good and was wriggling around loads! So relieved and have started telling people. Feels so real now!
Am off shopping tomorrow with my mum and sis for some maternity clothes cos stuff getting a bit uncomfortable! Also bras no longer fit ha ha!!!
How's everything with you hun?

How's EOE????
floss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ktee4 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi floss!!

I'm great. My little nugget is moving around and I can finally feel him/her. My scan is in 2 weeks.

No pictures from your scan??? How was heartbeat??? Don't you just love seeing him/her?? How are you feeling?
TTC since July 2013

EDD 7/30/14

Ktee4

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups