The Obsessing (and Waiting) Continues!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Obsessing (and Waiting) Continues!

Postby sam32 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:40 am

Aww that's awesome. I hope I get that far in my pregnancy.

All I want to do is be sick instead of having nausea 24/7. I'm so so tired I slept loads yesterday but that gave me really bad headaches and now today I just want to sleep and be sick.... I really hope this gets better after this first trimester.

Also, yesterday, I had this realllllly weird feeling in my stomach and low down like things were floating about in there. Was really strange and it felt like it was all going to collapse inside me when I stood up. I literally held on to my stomach cos I thought it was going to fall out of me!

Got my first midwife appointment on Wednesday so I hope she can explain whatever that was cos it freaked me out!
Me (33) OH (36)
:bfp: 12/11/13 dpo 11.
It's a girl! :babyg:
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
sam32

Postby indie_ana » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:07 am

Ah Elysia this was a very good idea!!!!

for those that dont know me

im Anna - 32 yesterday!! This little man will be my first and he is due on the 8th May - il be 20 weeks on Thursday!!! so scared!! lol!!

:D :D
indie_ana

Postby Sarah_GoatLady » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi Ladies! I have not read through everyone's posts yet, but I will! I just wanted to introduce myself. Elysia and I met on the other side and I know a couple others as well (I was SarahTTC1 on the other side!). I have am really close to a lot of you ladies - 7 weeks and 5 days, due date July 30th. I had my first u/s on Friday last week and I saw the little bean and the heartbeat! DH was with me and it was such a cool moment. Little bean is in the right place and looking healthy! 146 bpm! Little one is so healthy he is causing all kinds of symptoms for me. I am dealing with m/s. It's full swing. Threw up this morning. I even ate crackers and I still threw up. HOLY GAS, too ladies. Wow. I had gas before getting pregnant, more than the average person due to digestive issues but NOW? WOW. DH is a trooper. I don't know what I am going to do over the holidays. I may just skip Christmas all together and stay home. I cannot imagine being with DH's family feeling as gassy and queasy as I am.

Anyway! I am happy to be part of a buddy group! I miss the sense of family the TTC side gave me. I hope we can all keep in touch and support each other.

Elysia - we are so close in DDs. I am so glad you sent me the link to this group. How are you feeling? I feel ya on the not looking forward to feeling like crap over the holidays. When is your next scan? Have you told family yet?

S4mm - I am so sorry to hear about the difficult times you've been going through. I am going to go to that link later tonight and learn more about it. I love that your little one is staying active! Little ninja! I bet that has to feel so wonderful! I am the same as you and not wanting to know the sex if possible! I love the "team green" label. I am totally team green. I am also the same and will not tell anyone the name until after he/she is born. We want to see the baby first too, maybe a name will be so obvious that we hadn't thought of and by not telling anyone, we can change our minds! I love your names you've picked out. Annabelle is so beautiful. There is a song I love by Gillian Welch, she sings about her daughter Annabelle (she's the apple of her eye). :D

Gina - I am not sure if we ever talked much on the TTC side, but I sure read a lot of your posts! I am excited for you on your u/s next week! You'll have to let us know how it goes! I am sure it will go wonderfully. I love that we are all team green! The names you picked out are lovely as well. Amelia is beautiful and Samuel is such a strong and classic name. Love it!

Sam - nausea 24/7 over here too. Sucks so bad! I am eating saltines like it's my job and I am trying those pregnancy pops. They seem to help temporarily too! You'll have to let us know how your home appointment goes! Are you planning a home birth with your midwife?

Redneck - we are all so close in DDs! I love it. How are you feeling? Did you schedule your next scan? Will you go team green too?? No pressure :)

Ktee- Another July 30th DD! Me too! I love your names as well. William is such a classic, it is a name that runs in my DH's family that we will probably think about. Quinn, I LOVE That! I can picture a spunky little girl with that name :) I love that quote you grabbed from another thread about the clothes. I am reaching that point where my pants are just uncomfortable. I am thinking of switching to yoga pants/blank spandex full time. I am not a yoga pants kind of person but hey everyone else around me is doing it, I can do it (I work/go to school and am surrounded by undergrads who constantly wear black spandex, uggs and north face jackets. It's all the same! Hahah.

Sher - hi!! I totally get what you mean. I am early yet but the lack of sleep and the constant worrying of weather I have food nearby to keep me from loosing it is driving me crazy. We are all so close in DDs that we should have a virtual party when we get into the 2nd trimester! I hope all of our discomforts subside by theN!!

Anna - Hi! Nice to meet you! Glad we can all stay in touch on here!

I have to run. Good timing anyway I just got a huge wave of nausea. Thankfully DH and I are leaving work now. Phew! Now I just have to get through my nephews Christmas concert tonight. I need a bigger purse that fits a sleeve of saltines in it! Haha!! Talk soon ladies!!

Oh quick question for everyone! Have you told your family/friends yet? If so, when did you do it and how? I told my mom, dad, step parents, sister and brother right away. We are telling DH's parents on Saturday via a Christmas gift (grandma/grandpa mugs). We are not sure whether we should tell extended family yet. Still so very nervous about a MC. Tell your stories, ladies!
Me - 27
DH - 38
Married 5/19/2012
TTC for #1 since March 2013
Nov 17th - First BFP!

My Ovulation Chart
Sarah_GoatLady

Postby sam32 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:58 am

Hi Sarah :)

I have not spoken to any doctor or midwife yet about anything concerning my pregnancy. Tomorrow will be my very first appointment. As this is my first baby, a home birth scares me as I have no idea what might go wrong.... and I worry a lot, so I think the hospital will be my first choice lol!

Feeling tired but not too sick this morning. Had a disaster last night, and a pipe burst under our floor boards upstairs, consequently causing a small flood in our kitchen below. Was supposed to be having a new carpet laid today but that had to be cancelled, so can't have that done now til 10th Jan! And our shower is playing up.... Just hope that nothing else goes wrong at the moment, argh! Talk about not trying to get too stressed out during pregnancy!

*bangs head on desk*
Me (33) OH (36)
sam32

Postby Ktee4 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:00 am

Sarah! So nice to meet you! It's so nice to have three women with the exact se due date! We can really be in this together. My next appointment is December 23rd. My doctor does prenatal visits every two weeks even though I'm not high risk. Seems a bit excessive, but I will take it :) I love the idea of keeping close tabs on my peanut.

As far as telling family... We told our immediate families right away (were both really close with our families). Like you, we're not sure what to do about Christmas. It seems like the ideal time to tell extended family as they will all be in one place. But we will only be 9 weeks. The only reason I think we're going to do it is because they were all guessing already at Thanksgiving... I wasn't drinking... My boobs were huge... Etc. So rather then have them talk about it in secret, we might as well out it our there. Good thing is that we saw and heard the heartbeat, so that reduces risk of loss significantly.... What are you going to do??
TTC since July 2013

BFP 11/13/13!!! :)

11/19- Beta #1 16 dpo- 507
11/21- Beta #2 18 dpo- 1078
12/11- beautiful strong hb :hb: 153 :hb:
1/23 - hb :hb: 153 again! :hb:

EDD 7/30/14

Ktee4

Postby Sarah_GoatLady » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:01 am

Evening ladies. It is another night of waking up in the middle of the night feeling nauseated so I get up and eat something, watch TV for an hour and hopefully will fall back asleep! Thought I'd check in with you all :)

Sam - what an awful evening! That would put me in such a bad mood!! Water damage is so difficult to deal with. I hope you are able to get everything all fixed up quickly! Good luck with your appointment too!! Tell us how it goes!

Ktee - That is amazing your doc does prenatal visits every 2 weeks! Mine is every 4 and then increases two 2 in the 3rd tri. I agree with you, nothing wrong with keeping a close eye on your little bean!

For telling people, I cannot wait to tell my in laws. They will be excited and very surprised. DH and I are 10 years apart in age and the last time I talked with my MIL about kids I said that I wasn't ready and Caleb knows he has to wait for me to be ready (he's been ready for a while)! Cannot wait to see the surprise on their face. Our niece and nephew will be soooo excited too! About telling extended family - I am not sure! We have not decided if we are going to keep it a secret or tell a few and let the news spread like wild fire on its own.

Well eating did not help this nausea. Ugh I hate it. How am I going to fall asleep?! Wish me luck ladies.
Me - 27
DH - 38
Married 5/19/2012
TTC for #1 since March 2013
Nov 17th - First BFP!

My Ovulation Chart
Sarah_GoatLady

Postby sam32 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:04 am

Phew what a day!

The plumbing is fixed and the kitchen is dried out downstairs so yay.

Midwife came round today, had to go through lots of paperwork, had bloods and urine taken. Now I have to wait for my appointment to come through the post for my 12 week scan. Finally things are feeling much more real now that's done.

Now on to Xmas and New Year! Can't wait to tell people the news now :)
Me (33) OH (36)
sam32

Postby SherBears » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:56 am

Hi ladies..

I'm at work so can't (shouldn't) write a long message, but needed to freak out briefly. This morning I had some BRIGHT RED BLEEDING!!! AHHHHH! I know it can happen, but it's terrible to see. Since that little "gush", I've only had some brown spotting - not enough to really need a panty liner, though I have one on anyway so I can investigate all day long. A little background, I'm 9w3d today, have already had a dating ultrasound at 7weeks and saw/heard a healthy heartbeat. I know that reduces the chance of loss quite a bit.. but I'm eager to hear it again (hopefully tomorrow morning at my next prenatal appointment). Otherwise, I've been massively bloated and constipated (and tmi - bleeding occurred while I was hoping to take care of that this morning). I'm going to go full force with the ducolax and water today and hope things are okay.

I've had some spotting on/off all pregnancy, but nothing this bright red. No cramping or anything .. but yet I still fear the worst. EEEK! Any words of encouragement/ advice?!? I will call the doctor if there's anymore bleeding today, but otherwise will just see them tomorrow morning.
SherBears

Postby s4mm13 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:45 am

SherBears,

I had trouble with spotting during the start of my pregnancy. I was found to have cervical ectropion/erosion. It freaked me out every time and we had numerous scans to check on baby and everything was fine.

If you're at all worried I'd see someone about it.

The fact that you've had no pain or cramping is a really good sign and that the bleeding doesn't last long is also a good thing.

I found that I would have an episode every two weeks or so right up until I was almost 12 weeks.
Me 29
DH 30
Oscar forever 5 months
Our beautiful son Oscar, born 24/2/14 at 32 weeks with Tetralogy of Fallot, oesophageal atresia and tracheo oesophageal fistula. Earned his wings aged 5 months and 1 day.

Oscar is going to be a big brother. BFP #2 29/11/14

Arlo William, our beautiful rainbow born safely 22nd July 2015

s4mm13

Postby SherBears » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks s4mm! That is comforting to hear. I spoke to a friend who happens to be an obgyn) and she said unless I'm in pain or bleeding heavily, to wait until my appointment tomorrow where they can do an ultrasound to make sure the baby is ok. Otherwise, to just take it easy.

That I can do :) guess who's ordering in tonight?!
SherBears

Postby s4mm13 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:01 pm

I hope that all goes well tomorrow for you.

Yum yum, Enjoy!!
Me 29
DH 30
Oscar forever 5 months
Our beautiful son Oscar, born 24/2/14 at 32 weeks with Tetralogy of Fallot, oesophageal atresia and tracheo oesophageal fistula. Earned his wings aged 5 months and 1 day.

Oscar is going to be a big brother. BFP #2 29/11/14

Arlo William, our beautiful rainbow born safely 22nd July 2015

s4mm13

Postby indie_ana » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:47 am

Hi Ladies

just had my 20 week scan this morning - he is perfect, i posted a picture on here

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/annasyear

take a look!

I must say i feel like i have been so unbleievably lucky though the whole pregnancy so far, no sickness, no bleeding, everything has been super normal - i hope that this continues

I have to fly to canada on Monday so im nervous about the long distance flight but i know it should be fine at this stage!
indie_ana

Postby TurtleMomma » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:47 am

Sorry I have been MIA ladies but please know I just took the time to read each and everyone of your posts and am so excited for all of us!!!!

Hey almost due date buddy Indie_ana! I am due 6 May so we are super close. I have my 20 week scan tomorrow and it is bitter sweet. I am stoked because I can't believe I'll be able to look at my bun bun for 30 whole minutes but I'm sad because I won't see his/her sweet face again until May.
I tried to look at your picture but it said I had to long on to tumblr and I don't have an account. :( Could you post it?

Sarah_GoatLady thank you so much on your compliment about our names. You are super sweet! I am glad I have another Team Green buddy on here. Do you have names picked out yet?
I just read a post from a lady who waited and then posted this whole thing about how she regretted it because she got attached to both her boy and girl imagining both/either sex. She had a boy and was excited but realized she was sad for the girl she didn't have. I guess she sort of convinced herself she was having both, in a way. She was on her 3rd child though. I think, being a first time mom, I'm going to be so overwhelmed with the baby, who I've fallen in love with on a very personal level, that I won't care what the sex is. I feel this bond with my little that is so deep...what's between it's legs isn't going to change that. I am team green for the traditional excitment of it all. The fact that it is driving some of our friends and family crazy adds to my enjoyment as well, lol.

Is everyone ready for Christmas, or if you don't celebrate...the New Year?
Me - 33
DH - 34
Married - 5/5/2012
TTC - 5/2013

1 Angel baby, MC 6/11/2013
1 Turtle Kid, BFP 8/29/2013

TurtleMomma
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby redneckgurl26 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi Ladies it's nice to meet you all. Haven't read everyone's posts but i will.

I need to find a new ob. The obs office I'm trying to get into piss me off so bad I hung up on the lady because of being told again my u/s showed an unviable pregnancy so they won't see me or do another scan. So my primary wrote the order for the new scan Tuesday. It is scheduled for Christmas Eve at 10:15 am. Hoping to get great news since it was pointed out to me that the cat scan I had in October was around the time of conception so the radiologist is questioning viability. I'm not though because I started having what I think is round ligament pain and we'll you can't have that without everything growing. :D

Sarah - not sure if I'll go team green or not. Im not really the most patient person. I still have time to decide though.
Me - 27
DBF - 32

02-2007:angel: (blighted ovum)
07-2007:angel: (baby passed @ 8 weeks)
07-2013:angel: (baby passed @ 8+4)

11-13-2013 :bfp:
11-15-2013 beta 226
11-18-2013 beta 702
11-20-2013 beta 1360
11-24-2013 beta 3600+
12-06-2013 u/s showed gestational sac; dated at 6+2
12-21-2013 started spotting @ 8 pm; beta 4200; u/s showed sac at 6+6, possible blighted ovum
redneckgurl26
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Ktee4 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Is your scan at you regular ob? Or did you find a new one redneck?
TTC since July 2013

BFP 11/13/13!!! :)

11/19- Beta #1 16 dpo- 507
11/21- Beta #2 18 dpo- 1078
12/11- beautiful strong hb :hb: 153 :hb:
1/23 - hb :hb: 153 again! :hb:

EDD 7/30/14

Ktee4

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups